Missable Trophies Guide (Community Effort)

MMDE

Can you try to do manual controls? No cheats? etc See if different settings affects if the trophy pops! I'm not sure if it can pop later in the game or not, but I know many do get it popping when they get out of Corel Prison..

I can't really check that since i got the trophy to pop no problem. I was just listing what i did so maybe we could find out a pattern on what does and what doesn't get the trophy to pop.

I can't really check that since i got the trophy to pop no problem. I was just listing what i did so maybe we could find out a pattern on what does and what doesn't get the trophy to pop.

Yeah, okay. Did you do auto or manual controls?

UPDATE: after testing for Chocochampion trophy you have to win the race,let the other player's cross and then wait until the game it'sself to load DO NOT press the skip button to finsh the race.

This may be correct for all I know. Will just have to see if this gets other people to unlock the trophy. I will put it in the opening post though! :)

Since we are sort-of on the topic, I have a question about getting Bahamut ZERO.

I'm on the "third" disc portion of the game. I've gotten the first Bahamut materia, I did NOT get NEO Bahamut (and at this point it's impossible to do so), but I DID get all four Huge Materia. I cannot get Bahamut ZERO from the blue Huge Materia because I understand you need both Bahamut and NEO Bahamut materia. 

Can I still find Bahamut ZERO in Bone Village with these criteria?

-have Bahamut materia

-do NOT have NEO Bahamut

-have four Huge Materia

Since I'm really only pulling my hair out over this because I'm trying to plat the game, will getting the Master Summon Materia unlock the trophy for getting Bahamut ZERO?

Since I'm really only pulling my hair out over this because I'm trying to plat the game, will getting the Master Summon Materia unlock the trophy for getting Bahamut ZERO?

Almost definitely not. Getting the Master Summon materia doesn't unlock the Knights of the Round table trophy, so I don't see why it would unlock the Bahamut ZERO trophy.

What did you do that you think you were supposed to unlock it from doing?

I lost the first two races because it took me a moment to get used to the controls. I'm glad it unlocks later in the game though - I figure I'll have to do plenty of races to get my Gold Chocobo, so it's no big deal. ;)

Also, I somehow managed to miss my date with Barret despite following all the steps - this is probably because I had Aeris in my team for a bit before proceeding to Gold Saucer so that she could learn Great Gospel. Oops.  :lol:

(That, or because I missed three opportunities - giving the flower to Marlene, and the two Cosmo Canyon opportunities. Oh well.)

Edited by darkamdusias

Almost definitely not. Getting the Master Summon materia doesn't unlock the Knights of the Round table trophy, so I don't see why it would unlock the Bahamut ZERO trophy.

The reason why it's not listed as missable is because you can dig it up in Bone Village on disc 3 if you can't get it from the normal sources. I'm not entirely sure if you can still get it if you got all the huge materia and missed a couple of Bahamuts. This needs to be tested, but I think it will be available in Bone Village on disc 3 then.

I could perhaps try to get the game for PC, hack the game so I could just speedrun through it in some few hours and test it, but it would require a bit of effort on my part. :P

Since we are sort-of on the topic, I have a question about getting Bahamut ZERO.

I'm on the "third" disc portion of the game. I've gotten the first Bahamut materia, I did NOT get NEO Bahamut (and at this point it's impossible to do so), but I DID get all four Huge Materia. I cannot get Bahamut ZERO from the blue Huge Materia because I understand you need both Bahamut and NEO Bahamut materia. 

Can I still find Bahamut ZERO in Bone Village with these criteria?

-have Bahamut materia

-do NOT have NEO Bahamut

-have four Huge Materia

Oh, I didn't read your post yet. No need for me to test then. You can do it! :D Go to bone village and do the digging mini game for some few hours, see if you can get Bahamut ZERO. It's pretty awesome if you can confirm that it's possible! :)

• Loose Cannon (not sure if missable)
    • I think a requirement is to stop a train going towards Corel near end of Disc 2 that you can read about HERE. I'm not 100% sure this is correct, and if you can get the required item in the town with Barret in your party regardless of if you stopped the train or not.

This is in fact missable.  If you don't stop the train, the girl won't give you the item.  But you really don't need Barret in your party.  You will miss out on a more meanful cutscene, but either way the girl will give you the item.

Waiting in the Wings and Bahamuttype-0 is also missable.  Waiting in the Wings shouldn't really be missed, but it's just the fact it drops, so if you don't pick this item up, you will miss getting this trophy.  Not likely to happen though but easy enough to do if you are speed running.  Then Bahamuttype-0 is missable because if you fail any of the Huge Materia, means once you examine them, Bahamut will not appear to you afterwards.

Oh and like wise, I forgot you need Bahamut and Neo Bahamut who is not connected to a trophy in order to get Bahamut Zero as the dialogue goes something like "Bahamut and Neo Bahamut something something".

This method still works btw, but instead of doing a hard reset. Quit the game ---->Start the game -----> Reload your save -----> Immediately run into the Chocobo Stable.

Or you beat Ruby first and trade in the item to Kalm Traveller.  I didn't know of this until now.  I'm raging as I always went and breed the Gold Chocobo. xD And then Kalm Traveller is like "Hey, have this Gold Chocobo!".

Edited by DEMON

Or you beat Ruby first and trade in the item to Kalm Traveller.  I didn't know of this until now.  I'm raging as I always went and breed the Gold Chocobo. xD And then Kalm Traveller is like "Hey, have this Gold Chocobo!".

I noticed other guides aren't including this bit of info. I'm more willing to take on a hard boss than to go through the mess of breeding Chocobos and hoping the RNG blesses me, which is one of the reasons I quit back in 2009 when I tried beating it. I can't remember if I knew about the Ruby option though. Probably not.

I should also add that the Barret exploit for getting infinite affection might not be a good idea. Apparently if you use it too much it won't give you the trophy but you can still date Barret.

I noticed other guides aren't including this bit of info. I'm more willing to take on a hard boss than to go through the mess of breeding Chocobos and hoping the RNG blesses me, which is one of the reasons I quit back in 2009 when I tried beating it. I can't remember if I knew about the Ruby option though. Probably not.

I should also add that the Barret exploit for getting infinite affection might not be a good idea. Apparently if you use it too much it won't give you the trophy but you can still date Barret.

That video he put up work's well for the gold choco i'd rather spend 15-20 minutes instead of 6-7 hour's

This is in fact missable.  If you don't stop the train, the girl won't give you the item.  But you really don't need Barret in your party.  You will miss out on a more meanful cutscene, but either way the girl will give you the item.

Hence why I've listed it as missable, but this one has always been a bit questionable, because I've seen info either way.

Waiting in the Wings and Bahamuttype-0 is also missable.  Waiting in the Wings shouldn't really be missed, but it's just the fact it drops, so if you don't pick this item up, you will miss getting this trophy.  Not likely to happen though but easy enough to do if you are speed running.  Then Bahamuttype-0 is missable because if you fail any of the Huge Materia, means once you examine them, Bahamut will not appear to you afterwards.

Waiting in the Wings has already been listed as missable.

Oh and like wise, I forgot you need Bahamut and Neo Bahamut who is not connected to a trophy in order to get Bahamut Zero as the dialogue goes something like "Bahamut and Neo Bahamut something something".

Bahamut ZERO is not missable, because you can get it in bone village on disc 3 if you've screwed your chances to get it. But there may be an exception, which is what I asked someone to test in the last post I made.

Or you beat Ruby first and trade in the item to Kalm Traveller.  I didn't know of this until now.  I'm raging as I always went and breed the Gold Chocobo.  xD And then Kalm Traveller is like "Hey, have this Gold Chocobo!".

:P Sure, but it's cool to have it before that tooo. Preferably disc 2 IIRC! :) Anyways, I changed some of the info in the opening post related to this! :)

Yes, this is pointed out in the opening post! :)

Edited by MMDE

That video he put up work's well for the gold choco i'd rather spend 15-20 minutes instead of 6-7 hour's

True. But I'll have to fight Ruby anyway, so I'll keep it handy.

Yes, this is pointed out in the opening post! :)

Oh, my bad.

Bahamut ZERO is not missable, because you can get it in bone village on disc 3 if you've screwed your chances to get it. But there may be an exception, which is what I asked someone to test in the last post I made.

It's like a 4% chance from what I reading.  So you might want to do your best that you don't fail any of the Huge Materia quests.  4% is very low and RNG is always a bit of a bitch to have to deal with.  It's best to say it's a missable trophy but there is a fix, an annoying fix if any for it.  You might just be better to start another game really and speed your way up there with the God Mode enabled.  Since RNG can take anywhere from 1 try to 1000+ tries depending how bad your luck with it is.

Edited by DEMON

It's like a 4% chance from what I reading.  So you might want to do your best that you don't fail any of the Huge Materia quests.  4% is very low and RNG is always a bit of a bitch to have to deal with.  It's best to say it's a missable trophy but there is a fix, an annoying fix if any for it.  You might just be better to start another game really and speed your way up there with the God Mode enabled.  Since RNG can take anywhere from 1 try to 1000+ tries depending how bad your luck with it is.

But these are strictly missing and the bone village mini game is easy... 4% really isn't all that low IMO. I may add a little section for this though, but it won't be as missable, but rather suggested action to make things ... maybe faster. I wouldn't say easier or faster really, both depends. :S Suggested action perhaps?

Edited by MMDE

But these are strictly missing and the bone village mini game is easy... 4% really isn't all that low IMO. I may add a little section for this though, but it won't be as missable, but rather suggested action to make things ... maybe faster. I wouldn't say easier or faster really, both depends. :S Suggested action perhaps?

Suggested action would be to make seperate saves before you go to attempt any of the Huge Materia quests.  That is what I do when doing these in case I happen to fail in them.  Another suggested action, is if you have tried digging for Zero but just not having any luck and maybe on like your 100th try, not to waste anymore time and just get up to that point of the game and clear them this time.  If you have done every other missable trophy, then you could speed through it and it maybe would take something like 5 hours to get to that point.  4% is quite low if you know how percentages work in these games.  There's a guy you can see in Gold Saucer who will allow you to buy GP off him, he's near the entrance zone.  He has a 30% chance of spawning and sometimes even that has took me about 80 tries of running back and fort between the areas to get him to show.  RNG is either nice or completely evil to you.

He has a 30% chance of spawning and sometimes even that has took me about 80 tries of running back and fort between the areas to get him to show.  RNG is either nice or completely evil to you.

I have a very hard time believing you had to try 80 times at a 30% chance. Seems more like you did something wrong, and didn't reset the RNG or the RNG wasn't really all that random. Why do I say this? Because the chances this is true is extremely low. I've both studied and programmed with and worked with etc RNG. Of course I know it doesn't work so that you should be able to do it in 3 tries necessarily. In average you should though, but what you suggest is like throwing a die 80 times and not getting 5 or 6 a single time. It is fully reasonable to consider that the possibility that you're probably doing something that makes it not to do. Either the die is defective or you're throwing it so you get the same outcomes over and over. The latter is fully possible. :P

You can of course have far worse luck when it comes to 4%, but it's still so high that I wouldn't worry too much. Pure Bladestone in Demon's Souls on the other hand.......... :(

I have a very hard time believing you had to try 80 times at a 30% chance. Seems more like you did something wrong, and didn't reset the RNG or the RNG wasn't really all that random. Why do I say this? Because the chances this is true is extremely low. I've both studied and programmed with and worked with etc RNG. Of course I know it doesn't work so that you should be able to do it in 3 tries necessarily. In average you should though, but what you suggest is like throwing a die 80 times and not getting 5 or 6 a single time. It is fully reasonable to consider that the possibility that you're probably doing something that makes it not to do. Either the die is defective or you're throwing it so you get the same outcomes over and over. The latter is fully possible. :P

You can of course have far worse luck when it comes to 4%, but it's still so high that I wouldn't worry too much. Pure Bladestone in Demon's Souls on the other hand.......... :(

Don't believe me if you don't want to then. It has happened. I was doing it correctly too. This guy just appears at random with a 30% chance. There isn't many mistakes you can make. Out of the other times I have went for him though, always been 5-10 tries. It was just this one time which is what I'm trying to explain, RNG is not very predictable. There has been much worst RNG in other games I have played through too. One being FFXIV, which has quite a bit of RNG. I have yet to see the mount Nightmare which drops from extreme primals. And I have maybe played through them in total about 600ish times by now.

Suggested action would be to make seperate saves before you go to attempt any of the Huge Materia quests.  That is what I do when doing these in case I happen to fail in them.  Another suggested action, is if you have tried digging for Zero but just not having any luck and maybe on like your 100th try, not to waste anymore time and just get up to that point of the game and clear them this time.  If you have done every other missable trophy, then you could speed through it and it maybe would take something like 5 hours to get to that point.  4% is quite low if you know how percentages work in these games.  There's a guy you can see in Gold Saucer who will allow you to buy GP off him, he's near the entrance zone.  He has a 30% chance of spawning and sometimes even that has took me about 80 tries of running back and fort between the areas to get him to show.  RNG is either nice or completely evil to you.

Added some recommended stuff. Looking good?

Don't believe me if you don't want to then. It has happened. I was doing it correctly too. This guy just appears at random with a 30% chance. There isn't many mistakes you can make. Out of the other times I have went for him though, always been 5-10 tries. It was just this one time which is what I'm trying to explain, RNG is not very predictable. There has been much worst RNG in other games I have played through too. One being FFXIV, which has quite a bit of RNG. I have yet to see the mount Nightmare which drops from extreme primals. And I have maybe played through them in total about 600ish times by now.

It's not necessarily so that you did make the RNG do another "roll". Also, the way some of the RNG has worked in some FF games is that it's done when the game is loaded up, which can actually affect the results a lot. You basically want to quit the game and start it up again. o.O

Edited by MMDE

Added some recommended stuff. Looking good?

It's not necessarily so that you did make the RNG do another "roll". Also, the way some of the RNG has worked in some FF games is that it's done when the game is loaded up, which can actually affect the results a lot. You basically want to quit the game and start it up again. o.O

I only really remember doing that if the chocobos I mated didn't have the right gender really (which is kind of different, 50/50 chance for both; I sometimes just didn't get the right one) and in FFXIII every 10 battles with the Adamantoise which I found to work out well for percentages. I think RNG in FFVII works by just going in and out of the area though.

I'll have a look. Edit: Yep, seems good.

Edited by DEMON

I only really remember doing that if the chocobos I mated didn't have the right gender really (which is kind of different, 50/50 chance for both; I sometimes just didn't get the right one) and in FFXIII every 10 battles with the Adamantoise which I found to work out well for percentages. I think RNG in FFVII works by just going in and out of the area though.

I'll have a look. Edit: Yep, seems good.

The Adamantoise stuff in FFXIII... I had to do that like 3 times or something. I'm glad I grinded for a lot of money at the better place for this in the game (missable). FFXIII is however a game where you want to reload your save if you have bad RNG. :P

Edited by MMDE

The Adamantoise stuff in FFXIII... I had to do that like 3 times or something. I'm glad I grinded for a lot of money at the better place for this in the game (missable). FFXIII is however a game where you want to reload your save if you have bad RNG. :P

Wasn't having bad RNG. I was actually getting a consistent 3-5/10 Platinum Ingots that way. Ended up being done with that grind in about 5 hours playtime.

Pointed out earlier that the Cosmo Canyon trick with gaining affinity with Barret did not work for me... However I choose to try again, and went with 17 times redoing the conversation glitch, instead of the 50 times I had done at my previous attempt, and voila, worked like a charm this time around :-) So for those who don't get it using the glitch the first time around, try lowering the times you redo it, that might help  :D

I can confirm that this actually works, I just go my platinum.