Does the PAL version include the cutscenes?

SugarIsTheDevil

About the platinums part, I wanna say the game is too basic and they didn't want to have 10 'Beat the game with xxx' trophies.The only golds they would have is unlocking the extra cars like Minion and whatnot, same goes War of the Monsters. But then again they have a trophy for each challenge in Mark of the Kri, so it's just them hating on your favourite games and not giving plats. I would've loved to have two twisted metal plats, I also would've loved to not have paid for Twisted Metal Black for the 3rd time, since I own it on ps2 and ps3. 

I feel that the smaller action focused games aren't going to get plats, compared to the big RPG's they just came out alongside with. For example if the sly collection never happened and we got ps4 ports of those games, they probably wouldn't get platinums. None of the star wars games have platinums either.

Edited by BHK3
  • Like 1

About the platinums part, I wanna say the game is too basic and they didn't want to have 10 'Beat the game with xxx' trophies.The only golds they would have is unlocking the extra cars like Minion and whatnot, same goes War of the Monsters. But then again they have a trophy for each challenge in Mark of the Kri, so it's just them hating on your favourite games and not giving plats. I would've loved to have two twisted metal plats, I also would've loved to not have paid for Twisted Metal Black for the 3rd time, since I own it on ps2 and ps3. 

I feel that the smaller action focused games aren't going to get plats, compared to the big RPG's they just came out alongside with. For example if the sly collection never happened and we got ps4 ports of those games, they probably wouldn't get platinums. None of the star wars games have platinums either.

You think Sly wouldn't get Platinums? Considering they were major enough to get HD re-releases in the first place I'd say they would get Platinums. 

You think Sly wouldn't get Platinums? Considering they were major enough to get HD re-releases in the first place I'd say they would get Platinums. 

They weren't really *major* enough, back in the day when remasters weren't something you saw every month, they started off slow with their own franchises.

There was God of War 1 and 2, before 3 came out. Then they did the PSP ones in HD. Then Ratchet, and Sly and Jak and so on. THEN everyone was doing it and we got Metal Gear and Tomb Raider and every bloody other series. 

They weren't really *major* enough, back in the day when remasters weren't something you saw every month, they started off slow with their own franchises.

There was God of War 1 and 2, before 3 came out. Then they did the PSP ones in HD. Then Ratchet, and Sly and Jak and so on. THEN everyone was doing it and we got Metal Gear and Tomb Raider and every bloody other series. 

All other major series as well, so I don't really see your point. Yes Sly wasn't as well known as Jak or Ratchet but they were still popular enough to deserve it. I think the Tomb Raider ones were current gen games anyway or were at least ported to the 360 well before the HD craze became a thing (Underworld was at least that generation anyway). I'd say the only really bizarre and obscure HD remaster was Legend of Kay, which I'd say was probably Nordic Games testing the waters after that Yooka-Laylee Kickstarter was so successful. 

Yeah... I haven't actually played the PAL version so I'm not sure that it's censored. I bought the US version from the US PSN store just to be sure, better safe than sorry. Maybe someone will read this post who has actually played the PAL version and post a message to answer the question at hand.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 years later...

Sorry to bump this old thread but since I've got a question on topic I figured better use this than starting a new thread.

Do I get it right that even on the PS4 (and PS3) it is only the European version that is censored? In other words, if I'd get the game from the US store would it be the original uncut version?

I honestly just found out that the game I had back in the PS2 days was cut and now I'd like to play the full version. But I'm curious if the PS3 and PS4 versions are the way to go or if I should actually look for the original PS2 NTSC. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

3 hours ago, Ivotas said:

Sorry to bump this old thread but since I've got a question on topic I figured better use this than starting a new thread.

Do I get it right that even on the PS4 (and PS3) it is only the European version that is censored? In other words, if I'd get the game from the US store would it be the original uncut version?

I honestly just found out that the game I had back in the PS2 days was cut and now I'd like to play the full version. But I'm curious if the PS3 and PS4 versions are the way to go or if I should actually look for the original PS2 NTSC. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, look for the US version.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

It doesn't matter. PS2, PS3 or PS4, just get the US version :)

That's very good to know. Thank you very much.^^

Of course this now means that I will have to double check if the other retro games I want to get might suffer from a similar kind of censorship. ?

• 8 months later...
On 3/22/2023 at 10:44 AM, Ivotas said:

That's very good to know. Thank you very much.^^

Of course this now means that I will have to double check if the other retro games I want to get might suffer from a similar kind of censorship. ?

Twisted Metal 1 does so too… all the cutscenes have been removed from the EU-Version. Quite ridiculous almost thirty years later. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OBSTINATIO said:

Twisted Metal 1 does so too… all the cutscenes have been removed from the EU-Version. Quite ridiculous almost thirty years later. 

Thanks, I was considering to get the PS5 versions of TW1 and TW2 too and with this I'm definitely gonna get the US versions. Much appreciated.

15 hours ago, Ivotas said:

Thanks, I was considering to get the PS5 versions of TW1 and TW2 too and with this I'm definitely gonna get the US versions. Much appreciated.

TW2 kept its cutscenes. I assume that the youth protection didn't like the live-action cutscenes... TW2 has animated ones. 

5 hours ago, OBSTINATIO said:

TW2 kept its cutscenes. I assume that the youth protection didn't like the live-action cutscenes... TW2 has animated ones. 

I see. I do remember the animated cutscenes from the German version of TW2 or 'World Tour' as it was called in Europe. I just wasn't sure if they weren't cut at some parts also.

Either way, I will be going with the US versions for all three games. Not really a biggie. Again, thanks for the feedback.

• Like 1

I must be really tired to think that the PS3 US version is the one we are looking for here for the uncut version.  For some reason I must have forgotten that the PS3 version is a PS2 classic without trophies.  Nearly wasted $9.99 of PSN credits, PlayAsia would have wanted that!

EDIT: Oh goody, the US PS4 version is on sale with 50% off - $4.99. Sale ends on the 12th of December 2023.

Edited by Eispan
... do not sleep on this opportunity!