The Great Australian Trophy Hunt - Season 1

Can't believe it's September already. Well after a memorable month of shame I am eagerly anticipating an addition to my Bronze Crown ........ in fact I think a clean sweep would be fitting

I don't think anybody came close. It's like PineappleHero the other month with his impressive trophy haul. I just hope to be in the points.

• Like 1

I don't think anybody came close. It's like PineappleHero the other month with his impressive trophy haul. I just hope to be in the points.

Yeah, I don't even hope to be in the points. I thought that perhaps my personal record setting trophy haul last month might give me a chance at something, but alas I still didn't get near a point.

Maybe next season the point structure could be altered to distribute points farther down the leaderboard, or, have different divisions or something.

Still, it's been fun hanging out here the last few months.

Maybe next season the point structure could be altered to distribute points farther down the leaderboard, or, have different divisions or something.

I've actually already started thinking about the changes for next season with the points scoring system one of the major changes in mind, I hope to release a preliminary list in October sometime to see what people think of them so keep an eye out for that.

Congrats to all point scorers, once again am fairly confident that I will get zip, lol, on another note my games room is finally being finished in the next few days, will try to figure out how to post pics of end result

Definitely post some pictures once it's complete, I find it interesting to look at game/entertainment rooms that people have setup. One day I will have my own :).

Edited by TheWayne-o
  • Like 1

Awesome lineup this month. What's everyone else working on.

Last month was another bad month. My ADSL line has been degrading and I've been fighting with TPG to get it fixed (which is not happening as the line is borked and needs a pair swap and an 18 month fresh contract) all the while waiting for my HFC NBN bundle to get installed (hopefully Monday) soooo... August consisted of working intermittently on the online trophies for LittleBigPlanet Karting before the server closure. Went to a friend's place a couple of weeks ago. He has NBN and we downloaded and made a start on Neverwinter so I got a few trophies in that.

This month I'll be working on Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood online trophies before the Sept 24 server closure. Also looking for the last trophy in Diablo III for the Plat (4.8/5.0 Million gold) and just started Borderlands. Just got my second AVR back from the electronics repair place so I'll be setting up the racing cockpit again and in preparation I've downloaded Supercar Challenge, Ferrari Challenge and Burnout Paradise on the PS3 and my friend bought me Assetto Corsa for PS4 so we'll play a bit of that.

My secondary focus will be increasing the completion percentage of some of the PS3 games I've had earned trophies in from years ago before my first PS3 went the way of the YLOD back in 2012.

• Like 2

Last month was another bad month. My ADSL line has been degrading and I've been fighting with TPG to get it fixed (which is not happening as the line is borked and needs a pair swap and an 18 month fresh contract) all the while waiting for my HFC NBN bundle to get installed (hopefully Monday) soooo... August consisted of working intermittently on the online trophies for LittleBigPlanet Karting before the server closure. Went to a friend's place a couple of weeks ago. He has NBN and we downloaded and made a start on Neverwinter so I got a few trophies in that.

This month I'll be working on Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood online trophies before the Sept 24 server closure. Also looking for the last trophy in Diablo III for the Plat (4.8/5.0 Million gold) and just started Borderlands. Just got my second AVR back from the electronics repair place so I'll be setting up the racing cockpit again and in preparation I've downloaded Supercar Challenge, Ferrari Challenge and Burnout Paradise on the PS3 and my friend bought me Assetto Corsa for PS4 so we'll play a bit of that.

My secondary focus will be increasing the completion percentage of some of the PS3 games I've had earned trophies in from years ago before my first PS3 went the way of the YLOD back in 2012.

Nice man, I'm still waiting on my racing frame, can't wait to crack out the wheel and get amongst it. Do you have the bucket seat. I was so close to getting it ......... One day :)

• Like 1

Nice man, I'm still waiting on my racing frame, can't wait to crack out the wheel and get amongst it. Do you have the bucket seat. I was so close to getting it ......... One day :)

Yeah, I have the Next Level Racing GTultimate V2 Simulator + Thrustmaster T300 RS PlayStation Edition Steering Wheel w/ the TH8A Shifter and T3PA-Pro pedals. I'll take a photo once I have it all ready to race :)

• Like 1

Yeah, I have the Next Level Racing GTultimate V2 Simulator + Thrustmaster T300 RS PlayStation Edition Steering Wheel w/ the TH8A Shifter and T3PA-Pro pedals. I'll take a photo once I have it all ready to race :)

Wow, I'm very jealous. If your every interesting in playing some racing games let me know. I play regular with a group of 3 guys who are very serious about racing games and makes for some great action ( also helps with boosting online when needed )

• Like 1

I must say i have been lazy af after i got to 100 plats i've just lost interest. Plus with working on with my antisocialness it leave little time for gaming now.

Sounds like great idea doing some other things after reaching such a milestone 100 plats.

Sorry for the lack of an update for August, peak season has just started at work so I've been pretty flat out. Anyway I'm hoping to have the update done by Monday night.

On a side note, how about that PS4 Pro... :facepalm:

No worries Wayne.

That PS4 Pro announcement was fantastic for me. Absolutely no reason to upgrade and even if I did have a 4K TV I wouldn't. Amazing they would release this without even a 4K compatible blue ray player.

Wow, I'm very jealous. If your every interesting in playing some racing games let me know. I play regular with a group of 3 guys who are very serious about racing games and makes for some great action ( also helps with boosting online when needed )

C5pWDdcl.jpgq8xOM27l.jpg

Shitty photos, but I got it set up and working today :)

• Like 3

Very nice setup. What type of speakers are you using. I ended up just going with a racing frame but next year would really like to look into a proper setup. Just going to be finding the space to dedicate to it, as I imagine once it's setup you ain't moving it :)

It's just an old Sony STR-DE597 Receiver with Sony SS-MS366T 6.1Ch DTS Speaker System and an Sony SA-WMS366 Active 10" Subwoofer. I bought it off a client, who was moving house and didn't want to take it with him, for $180. Unfortunately some of the channels didn't work properly and I had to take it to an electronics repair shop and get the faulty output stages replaced. Cost me $220 :(, so it owes me now, otherwise it would have been a sweet deal, lol.

I used to drag it in front of the TV and back again when I only had the one PS4. It slid okay on the thin carpet I have here. It's heavy, but not so heavy you can't skull-drag it around.

• Like 1

Catherine completed. Plus 20 points  :D

Congratulations Gibbo! Was it as hard as everyone says it is? I've got Catherine somewhere in my backlog...

No worries Wayne.

That PS4 Pro announcement was fantastic for me. Absolutely no reason to upgrade and even if I did have a 4K TV I wouldn't. Amazing they would release this without even a 4K compatible blue ray player.

Yeah that's a good way to look at it, more money to spend on games instead of new hardware :P. Some of the decisions that Sony make completely baffle me every now and then...

• Like 1

That PS4 Pro announcement was fantastic for me. Absolutely no reason to upgrade and even if I did have a 4K TV I wouldn't. Amazing they would release this without even a 4K compatible blu ray player.

This and the recent announcement from Bethesda that Sony is not allowing mods for Fallout 4 and Skyrim has made me lose some of my confidence in Sony. I can see them going down the path that Microsoft did with the 360 and I really hope they don't. I think greed is guiding them a little too strongly.

Edited by MattyH16
  • Like 1

It's that time again, here are the stats for August!

Dear, oh dear, oh dear... Where do I start with August? 1889 trophies were earned including: 1223 x Bronze (1533 in July), 452 x Silver (448 in July), 185 x Gold (175 in July) & 29 x Platinum (32 in July) from 27 contestants. This is a 299 trophy decline from July and marks the first time in the competition that less than 2000 trophies were earned in the month. CJ earned 670 trophies by himself in his shameless (albeit successful) attempt to platinum 15 games in 30 days, so without this effort the numbers would be much worse. 3 people earned 0 trophies and a further 3 people earning only single digits.

The only person to complete a Backlog Challenge game in August was MattyH16 platinuming The Lego Movie Videogame, congratulations to him!

All the best for September!

Bronze: 

cjshaitan 381 (3 points)

spazza136 165 (2 points)

AuzzieWingman 96 (1 point)

F1nal 72

Gibbo_0113 58

TheWayne-o 56

paulcoe 45

MattyH16 42

Pineapple-Hero88 40

CrestfallenV 37

damage_6-9 29

Texonidas 29

Shemzi 29

EpicNogg4 26

IronMask75 23

Spider5786 21

Super-Fly Spider-Guy 20

Diagonis83 14

Lightning_0608 13

Drew-013 10

black__bunny 9

feral611 3

greenpoison79 3

Risky 2

SaucySpinach 0

Ski-Skate 0

Scoffinator 0

Silver: 

cjshaitan 186 (3 points)

spazza136 45 (2 points)

Gibbo_0113 34 (1 point)

AuzzieWingman 29

MattyH16 24

Texonidas 20

Pineapple-Hero88 16

paulcoe 16

F1nal 13

EpicNogg4 11

Spider5786 10

damage_6-9 9

Shemzi 8

CrestfallenV 8

IronMask75 5

TheWayne-o 4

Super-Fly Spider-Guy 3

Drew-013 3

Diagonis83 3

Lightning_0608 2

greenpoison79 2

black__bunny 1

SaucySpinach 0

Ski-Skate 0

feral611 0

Risky 0

Scoffinator 0

Gold: 

cjshaitan 88 (3 points)

MattyH16 24 (2 points)

paulcoe 12 (1 point)

spazza136 11

AuzzieWingman 9

Pineapple-Hero88 7

damage_6-9 6

Texonidas 6

Gibbo_0113 5

EpicNogg4 3

F1nal 3

Spider5786 3

CrestfallenV 3

TheWayne-o 2

Super-Fly Spider-Guy 1

Lightning_0608 1

IronMask75 1

SaucySpinach 0

Ski-Skate 0

feral611 0

black__bunny 0

Drew-013 0

Shemzi 0

Risky 0

Scoffinator 0

greenpoison79 0

Diagonis83 0

Platinum:

cjshaitan 15 (3 points)

MattyH16 3 (2 points)

Texonidas 2 (1 point)

spazza136 2 (1 point)

TheWayne-o 1

Gibbo_0113 1

damage_6-9 1

Pineapple-Hero88 1

Spider5786 1

CrestfallenV 1

paulcoe 1

Super-Fly Spider-Guy 0

EpicNogg4 0

SaucySpinach 0

Ski-Skate 0

feral611 0

black__bunny 0

Drew-013 0

Shemzi 0

Lightning_0608 0

Risky 0

F1nal 0

AuzzieWingman 0

Scoffinator 0

greenpoison79 0

IronMask75 0

Diagonis83 0

OMG Wayne, I get it, I've been slack. Lol. School finishes in a few weeks so then I'll have almost 6 months to play as much as I want. I've got heaps of games to start and then plenty more coming in the last couple months of the year :P