GTA 3 releases as a PS2 Classic July 31

Lady Lilith

Would rather they focus their efforts on announcing a release date for GTAV... and what platforms it's coming out on. Personally.

GTA HD Collection would be awesome but RockStar is too busy with GTA V

While I agree with both of you and would rather Rockstar work on GTA V, I think it would be possible for them to allow another developer to remaster their games, like the Sly trilogy. Did another company do Liberty City and Vice City stories for the PSP?

Parker

It's a sucks that it's just going to be a "PS2 Classic", same with Vice City, so I'm assuming SA will be the same.

Shame it doesn't seem like there's going to be a GTA HD Collection :(

Only Sony games or games with more attraction to Sony get HD collections.

While I agree with both of you and would rather Rockstar work on GTA V, I think it would be possible for them to allow another developer to remaster their games, like the Sly trilogy. Did another company do Liberty City and Vice City stories for the PSP?

Parker

Bluepoint Games remastered The God of War Collection, Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection, & The Metal Gear Solid HD Collection. I don't see why they can't remaster a GTA HD Collection

Only Sony games or games with more attraction to Sony get HD collections.

GTA III and GTA: Vice City were originally PS2 exclusives and I'm sure there were many people who bought a PS2 over an Xbox because of the GTA series. While obviously the games were released for the Xbox later, they were still synonymous with the PS2. For that alone I think they are worthy of an HD re-relase.

Bluepoint Games remastered The God of War Collection, Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection, & The Metal Gear Solid HD Collection. I don't see why they can't remaster a GTA HD Collection

I wasn't aware those were all from the same company. Now there really is no reason for it not to happen. Rockstar won't have to develop it, Sony will make a lot of money on the HD collection, and people will get excited for GTA V so Sony and Rockstar make more money. It's a win-win all way 'round.

Parker

• Like 2