Street Fighter V discussion thread.

Wavergray

I'm torn on this.. I hear there's not much in the way of single player/vs ai modes. I'm awful at fighting games in general, and barely ever brave enough to try out online, but I'm always drawn to them for some reason. I enjoy playing against the computer even if I'm terrible (at least until I get bored of arcade mode after a couple of weeks).

Is there anyone else on here on the same wavelength but still getting this? I have it preordered but I'm not totally convinced yet. Feels like everyone else is always a total pro at these games, but maybe if there's enough of us on here we could 'git gud' together..!

I'm torn on this.. I hear there's not much in the way of single player/vs ai modes. I'm awful at fighting games in general, and barely ever brave enough to try out online, but I'm always drawn to them for some reason. I enjoy playing against the computer even if I'm terrible (at least until I get bored of arcade mode after a couple of weeks).

Is there anyone else on here on the same wavelength but still getting this? I have it preordered but I'm not totally convinced yet. Feels like everyone else is always a total pro at these games, but maybe if there's enough of us on here we could 'git gud' together..!

I'm getting SFV and I'm terrible at fighting games. SFV is being developed with people like us in mind, even though it will only have arcade mode and survival mode at launch, the game as a whole was made to be much easier to 'git gud' at when compared the SFIII and SFIV. 

• Like 1

I'm getting SFV and I'm terrible at fighting games. SFV is being developed with people like us in mind, even though it will only have arcade mode and survival mode at launch, the game as a whole was made to be much easier to 'git gud' at when compared the SFIII and SFIV.

Thanks - I have heard that. I'll most likely pick it up, think my main problem is never being able to decide on one or two characters to learn, so I'll be more stubborn with myself this time round!

I can show folks how to be competent in this game. I promise you folks aren't as good as they seem. You just need to have solid fundamentals.

As any fighter my friend. It's nice that Capcom will make this more newbies-friendly as far as I know. Though hopefully it will maintain a decent challenge when it comes to mastering.

Edited by Lord_of_Ra

i cant wait for it.  i didnt enjoy SFIV but after playing the beta for the time I had it, I loved it.  ill probably main Karin but when Ibuki comes out, shes my number 1.  depending on how much time and money i have since it comes out the week i start uni, i might not get to play it much but i might get a camera for when i stream.  ive had a ps4 for 2 years and still no camera. 

all my experiences with fighting games that i am reasonable with are the Blazblue series, Guilty Gear and Injustice.  I should get ps+ back on my main account although i have it on my japanese account so i could get the SFV beta when it was on there.  i look forward to fighting against some of you online. go easy on me :P

Long informative post from Capcom Blog so expect to scroll a bit....

http://www.capcom-unity.com/street_fighter/blog/2016/02/11/sfv-character-story-costumes-and-new-mode-details

By completing each Character Story, you’ll be able to unlock their corresponding Story Mode costume for purchase in the in-game store, once it launches in March.

Next, we revealed new details about Survival Mode. In this mode, your health and EX Gauge carry over between each match against the CPU. You are able to earn points with each victory, which can in turn be used to purchase special power ups, such as health or attack or defense increases, etc., to help you last longer. Purchasing more power ups reduces your overall score though, so there is a trade-off. By clearing the four difficulty levels of Survival Mode, you’ll be able to earn new colors and in-game titles for your character!

9d044b92a131c0db1a94ea63162220e9.jpg?v=2

Continuing on, details about Challenge Mode were also announced for the first time. Challenge Mode consists of 4 sub-modes, each of which has been designed to help you improve your skills and gameplay:

1. Battle Tips
  • Learn the ins and outs of Street Fighter V through helpful demonstration and tutorial content. Contains content for each of the 16 characters, as well as advice geared towards all levels of players.
  • Available March 2016
  1. Trials
b6807e17b53a8b7bfc701517161a1ad1.jpg?v=1
  • Put your skills to the ultimate test with combo trials for all 16 characters, ranging from basic to pro combos.
  • Available March 2016
  1. Targets
  • Complete daily renewing goals to earn fight money, in-game titles, and other cool content.
  • Available soon after launch.
  1. Extra Battle
1030e8556ae5952cb6b10032a0b6f1fe.jpg?v=2
f91caba4cdb12bb75864238dac87e110.jpg?v=2
  • Fight against special CPU bosses in the ultimate challenge. Earn in-game rewards upon completion.
  • Available soon after launch.

Finally, some news tidbits: online battle lobbies will support two players at launch, but eight person lobbies as well as Spectator mode will be patched into the game as part of the March 2016 update. We are happy to officially confirm that legacy PS3 fightsticks will work with Street Fighter V at launch! A big thanks to Lab Zero for making this a possibility.

And one final thing (I promise), some of you may have heard the news that Alex will be available to all Street Fighter V players in March 2016 as well, and I’m happy to re-confirm that news here. At launch, playing through most of the single player content (in fact, just the Character Stories) will give you enough Fight Money to get Alex for free! We’ll have more information to share on Alex and the other post launch characters soon, so stay tuned.  

590e1e8d9d67837636874ee4fe89a080.jpg?v=2

I'm with you. I'm not that great at fighting games, but I'm working on it. It's mainly about those fundamentals, and just keeping at it. I'm stoked about SFV. I'd love to get together with some people on here. Here's to hoping my internet connection can keep up!

I enjoyed SFIV in a very casual way and I would like to jump into V at some point, but right now the launch price is already pretty steep and knowing that the second half of the game is going to be sold to me piecemeal over the course of 2016, I'm inclined to wait for the inevitable SUPER or ULTRA or whatever the hell edition.

I pre-ordered the game and probably won't be getting it until next week (regular shipping). This will be my first time actually getting serious with a fighting game. I just hope I'm able to actually get better at it the more I play it. I also don't get why lobbies and spectator mode aren't coming in until March. I mean, at least it's coming but still.

• 1 month later...

This video is hysterically fun, but also reading the comments tell me the story modes are tragically short :huh:

They are short, but there is more world building/story content in this short story mode then any other street fighter game.

We will see the bigger story mode in June.

• 1 month later...

I am seriously sick of this game. 

I should have listened to my instincts and waited before buying this game day 1 for the preorder costume bonus. EVERY game is released either with problems or in SFV's case a lack of content. 

I gave this game a chance (i.e. I've played many matches online, learned the mechanics, got to Gold League, beat Hell Survival, etc.), but NO. It still sucks in my opinion. Props to people who do enjoy this game, but I DO NOT. 

Once I platinum this game, which won't be for another few months because of the freakin 1,000,000 FM trophy. I'm selling back my game without any hesitation. 

I'm new to Street Fighter too and have been a Tekken fan since Tekken 2 on the PS1. 

And I'm going to wait happily for Tekken 7 when it releases to consoles. I'm way more a fan of 3D fighters that are much faster paced than 2D robotic fighters that focus more on analog input than directional button input. 

Over and out. 

Also, when Tekken versus Street Fighter releases in a few years, I'm going to enjoy destroying all the AI controlled SF characters when they are in the TEKKEN DOMAIN. mwahahahaha