What games deserve a platinum?

CreativePolicy

Resident Evil 4(Still kind of hoping for a platinum on the PS4 version)
Eternal Sonata(One of my favorite games too, kind of disappointed it doesn't have a platinum which is about why I want a remaster for PS4, same for Legend of Spyro Trilogy. That and the fact that Xbox players never did get Legend of Spyro Eternal Night on Xbox or Xbox 360 either)
Legend of Spyro Dawn of the Dragon
Dark Sector
Assassin's Creed
about all I can think of right off hand at the moment.

Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris - Xbox got a full list of 40 achievements while we got 12! Plus having to complete all challenges is enough to warrant a platinum in its self.

Outlast - Something about it felt more like a full game than an indie title, and again Xbox has more achievements.

PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate - This one has 21 trophies (no DLC) and yet no platinum, but its successor Shooter Ultimate does. The devs said they asked Sony for a platinum but were denied. Double standards much?

Burnout Crash! - Yes it's an arcadey kind of game but there's actually quite a lot to do in it and earning all 270 stars is a challenge. Only 300 people out of 13K have 100% on it so it would've been a nice rare plat!

The Walking Dead: Season Two - OK it's debatable if Telltale games really do deserve platinums but for this one to release without when all others got (excluding the early ones) is just annoying more than anything else!

Resident Evil 4 and Code: Veronica - For remasters of very well known and popular full retail games not to have platinums is nothing short of an outrage. It will hopefully be remedied in RE4's case with the PS4 remaster but that will only highlight even more why it should've had one in the first place!

Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 - Once again full retail games, no platinum, then add the difficulty of getting 100% on the two of these and you've got a recipe for disaster. Getting all A ranks on SA2 will take dozens of hours for little reward in the trophy department.

Rayman 3 and Beyond Good and Evil - Another two full games from the PS2 lovingly remastered except when it comes to the trophies. Rayman 3 is excruciating to get 100% on with five of its twelve trophies being ultra rare. Only 140 people out of 11.3K have fully completed this on here so that tells you something! While BG&E isn't as difficult it's still rather long with a fair amount to do but coming from the same dev it's landed the same fate in having no plat.

Siren, Max Payne and The Warriors - Last November Sony announces PS2 games are coming to PS4 and, wait... what!? They will have trophies! We all scream in delight. Some have platinums, some don't. OK I get that, some don't "deserve" as much, but Siren!? Very difficult and time consuming to complete, it deseves! Max Payne and The Warriors? Very popular classic Rockstar IPs, surely these should have? Especially when they're both the "premium" price tag of $15, all others at this price have one.

Edited by dell9300
  • Like 1

Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris - Xbox got a full list of 40 achievements while we got 12! Plus having to complete all challenges is enough to warrant a platinum in its self.

Outlast - Something about it felt more like a full game than an indie title, and again Xbox has more achievements.

The reason why Xbox One has more achievements is simple:

With the One they changed their rules from 200GS/400GS for Xbox Arcade-titles and 1000GS for "normal" titles to 1000GS for all titles, no matter how long or short they are. And a higher GS means more possibilities for achievements.

The reason why Xbox One has more achievements is simple:

With the One they changed their rules from 200GS/400GS for Xbox Arcade-titles and 1000GS for "normal" titles to 1000GS for all titles, no matter how long or short they are. And a higher GS means more possibilities for achievements.

I know this but that doesn't change the fact that those games had plenty to do to warrant a full list with a platinum, especially in Lara Croft's case. I mean the devs came up with 40 achievements for heaven sakes. Either Sony are backwards or, and I have a horrible feeling this is the case with this one, Crystal Dynamics didn't bother to request a full platinum list for the game. Apparently if your game isn't retail you need to ask Sony for permission to have a platinum.

To add insult to injury, it was actually released on disc in Europe. So it is a retail game. :facepalm:

Edited by dell9300

• 7 years later...
  • 3 months later...

Didn't read any posts from the other pages, the ones that come to mind are:

- Trials Fusion

- Spelunky

- Disney Speedstorm

- Child of Light

- Spelunky

- Apex Legends

I've been avoiding games without a platinum..yeah I know it's silly, but I really wanted to play these