What games deserve a platinum?

CreativePolicy

Rayman 3. This is a full game and is extremely hard to 100% yet has no platinum. Many other HD re-releases do have platinums but aren't even close to being this hard.

Of the over 10K players only 119 have 100% and multiple of it's trophies are ultra-rare. The average completion is 12.85% on this website.

• Like 1

Definitely RE Darkside Chronicles, the current list is so unforgiving, you do all the hard work just for one silver trophy, it's not even gold!

Oh my god this, and Umbrella Chronicles as well. Extremely unforgiving games with odd trophy choices and could have easily had other trophies designated to them and each had full lists, though this was the start of the HD craze so this and the other re-released Resident Evil games like 4 and Code Veronica had very poor lists (though there was one particularly amusing trophy/achievement in 4). What was weirder was that 4 and CV had the same achievement list on Xbox but they stretched it out to the standard retail 1000G, so every achievement was just worth huge amounts. Also probably the PS2 games on PS4 that don't have Plats. Basically, anything that takes more than 20 hours should have one, I think by default. I also personally thought Battlefield 1943 should have one, given how terrible and easy the list is with a bunch of trophies that are completely pointless and quick. I mean, you're forced to play 100 matches anyway, might as well add more. Also Cloudberry Kingdom. Dear GOD Cloudberry Kingdom. Or basically any rail shooter available. Kickbeat as well, good lord that is a hard one, as well as Earthworm Jim HD and Kick and Fennick. Fat Princess as well, and Duke Nukem 3D, PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX, Bentley's Hackpack (will probably be a bit contentious, that one but I feel there's enough there to justify it), TOKYO JUNGLE and finally Plants vs Zombies. And that's just from games that I've played personally. 

Walking Dead Season 2. It really surprises me that this game didn't come with a platinum when the first season did (as did Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones etc). The game was just as long and had as many episodes!

Yeah I gotta agree. Why isn't there a platinum trophy? I haven't started this game yet, but I'm miffed I can't get a shiny season 2 plat to go with my season 1 platinum ^^;

As for other games I think could have had platinum trophies?

• Dark Sector - Game even had an in-game reward system, could have been used to track trophy progress like some other games.
  • Assassin's Creed - The first game in the series, I didn't play the first game on PS3, but I played it on PC. Maybe they could re-release the first game on PS Store with the HD Treatment? And fix some of the notorious bugs the first game had, related to its achievements? Then again, bugs are nothing new in Ubisoft games. Maybe they can also include an in-game bonus for getting all the flags and killing the Templars?
  • The Darkness - The first game was one of my favorite FPS games on PS3. 
  • Heavenly Sword - This game was great, I'd love an HD remaster with a trophy set. I mean Devil May Cry 4 got one, so why not Heavenly Sword?
  • Resistance: Fall of Man - First game in the Resistance series. I enjoyed Resistance 2 quite a bit and wouldn't have minded beating the original for a plat as well
  • Overlord: Raising Hell - The first Overlord game and its Raising Hell expansion. Overlord is an awesome and quirky game and if re-released its problems could be smoothed out more.
  • Lost Planet: Extreme Condition - Played it on PC and enjoyed it. Would have liked to play it on PS3 with a trophy list.
  • Saint's Row 1 and 2 - I really, really enjoyed Saint's Row 2. I still have my original copy of the game.
  • Kane & Lynch: Dead Men - It's not an amazing game, but it's still enjoyable. Definitely worth checking out. I wish it had, had a platinum trophy to show off too.
Edited by James_Tonto

TellTale games BTTF, Monkey Island, Jurassic Park and The Walking Dead Season 2

Age of zombies

Jetpack joyride

Bejeweled 3

Welcome Park

Zuma

Astro Tripper

Magic Orbz

Pac man championship dx Edition

Galaga legions dx

Plants vs Zombies (ps3 download)

Call of duty 4 modern warfare

Interpol the trail of Dr chaos

The mysteries of little riddle

Twistedland Shadowtown

Hyperballoid HD

Metrico

PlayStation Home

Edited by Property_Damage
  • Like 1

Aabs Animals

PlayStation Home

TEKKEN REVOLUTION

If Aabs Animals had a plat, It could be about 97.98% Common, and everyone would get it in 5-10 minutes.

PlayStation Home would have a Buggy Trophy called "There's No Place Like Home" 

TEKKEN REVOLUTION would be just great.

Well, lots, but retro.grade immediately comes to mind. In fact, if you look at the artwork in the game, they clearly had designed plenty of trophy tiles, but I guess Sony didn't think that it was worthy of a plat.

If you've played it, though, you know it is. No forgiveness in those 21 bronze trophies.

Child of Light

Mars: War Logs

The Walking Dead: Season 2

Splunkey

Kick and Fennick

Resident Evil 4 HD

Resident Evil: CVX HD

Watchmen: The End is Nigh

Retro City Rampage

Marvel vs. Capcom: Origins

Skullgirls/Encore

I AM ALIVE

Assassin's Creed

Overlord: Raising Hell Edition

The Club

Fracture

Legendary

Afro Samurai

Beyond Good and Evil HD

Sine Mora (had the nerve to be that difficult with no platinum!!!)

Blacklight: Tango Down

The Simpsons: Arcade Game

X-Men Arcade game

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

Saint's Row 2 without a doubt. The only reason I haven't gone back to it in so many years is because it has no platinum (and, well, no trophies at all). Another couple of games I can think of are CounterSpy (am I the only one that absolutely loves this game? I never hear anyone talk about it), Outlast, Tower of Guns and Jet Set Radio.

• 6 months later...

Valkyria Chronicles and Eternal Sonata

Well obviously the former got it eventually, but I would love to see the latter get it. Had more content than the 360 version which I loved (the final battle system and NG+/Encore Mode is really fun and challenging) and which had an achievement list. I would definitely get it again should they ever do a PS4 re-release (hell, I might just get it on PS3, anyway). Also a lot of the PS2 games for PS4 which didn't get one (Siren, Max Payne).