Did you ever try to buy DLC only to find it delisted?

Zenpai

Sometimes, you really enjoy a game and want to find out if it has any DLC so you can prolong your enjoyment. You search the web for a little bit and find out it does. But when you get to the store... there's nothing there. After a little more searching, you find out that indeed it did use to have a DLC - but it's been delisted since.

The question I want to ask you today is: did this ever happen to any of you?

I had that happen to me with Prince of Persia (2008). I bought the game just a year later, in 2009, but by then, the Epilogue DLC had already been delisted from the Portuguese PSN store. If only I knew all I had to do was create a UK account, since, as far as I know, the UK store still has it available... Oh well, I've since bought the X360 version in time to get the DLC (it also got delisted there a few months later).

I also got the Japanese voices DLC for Naruto: Rise of a Ninja for the X360 shortly before it got delisted (thank goodness!).

What about you guys?

(This is not in any way because I have a game with important DLC that I won't be able to play for a long time due to backlog and my newfound job and I'm wondering if this is common and I should be worried and get all the DLC right now before it disappears forever :ninja: )

I've... uhh... never exactly "tried" to buy DLC. It either comes with the complete edition of the game, is free dlc, or I don't play it. The only real exception to this is the HanaKana dlc in Neps Re;Birth 1. I think it might have been the only single DLC item I've ever bought.

I guess that's a long way of saying no.

(This is not in any way because I have a game with important DLC that I won't be able to play for a long time due to backlog and my newfound job and I'm wondering if this is common and I should be worried and get all the DLC right now before it disappears forever :ninja: )

As long as the dlc is already purchased and in your download list then you should probably be fine. If you wanted to wait until later to purchase it though, you might run into problems.

• Like 2

Fortunately, this has never happened to me yet =D

I tend to avoid games with trophy DLCs as much as possible (yea, I know it's totally believable coming from someone with DRIVECLUB on their profile) so I don't really care whether they get delisted or not =D

Otherwise, I only get free DLCs because they are free, so... if they aren't available, well, I can live with that =D

The only real exception to this is the HanaKana dlc in Neps Re;Birth 1. I think it might have been the only single DLC item I've ever bought.

Onii-chan approves :awesome:

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 Character and Sims pack dlc. I borrowed the game from a friend not knowing it had dlc or that it was delisted. Had an absolute blast with the game and went to get dlc to find out then that it wasn't on there. Tried getting someone to let me download and all kind of stuff, but I never got it :(.

• Like 2

Until Dawn. The preorder mission.

In fact a lot of delisted DLC are usually preorder/day-one related DLC. It really blows especially when the preorder mission is 15-20 minutes that was CUT from the game.

I had no idea this existed until the dawn of your comment. Googling made me disappointed I can't have it.

Apparently EB here has the special edition of the game in stock in some stores still, with that code included, I might drop the 100 bucks on that some time, use the DLC code, and then return it like a right ♥.

Edit: Never mind, it's on disc DLC...instead of hunting it down, I shall instead buy the sequel preowned because fuck developers who pull that shit.

Edited by Super-Fly Spider-Guy

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 Character and Sims pack dlc. I borrowed the game from a friend not knowing it had dlc or that it was delisted. Had an absolute blast with the game and went to get dlc to find out then that it wasn't on there. Tried getting someone to let me download and all kind of stuff, but I never got it :(.

I got that DLC when it was around. Now I need to finish it up lol :P j/k

On topic: Yep!! I was looking for the DLC for No More Heroes, I noticed it was ghost. I know the Marvel DLC for LBP3 is now ghost as well.

I wanted to buy Phantom Breaker while it was on sale but i couldn't find the dlc for it anywhere. Even tried to look at the PC ps store since i knew vita store can be eh... when it comes to finding dlc for a game.

That hasn't been delisted, I'm unsure how you can't find it :/ Sorry for not replying to you on the guide btw, my phone doesn't let me comment on guides

That hasn't been delisted, I'm unsure how you can't find it :/ Sorry for not replying to you on the guide btw, my phone doesn't let me comment on guides

No problem. Yeah i don't get it either why i can't find it even tried to google it up but found nothing about it. So i guess either A) She's already included in the game download but it doesn't say anything at the description or B.) not available in my region (EU) or country (Austria)

Edited by Tosmasta00

No problem. Yeah i don't get it either why i can't find it even tried to google it up but found nothing about it. So i guess either A) She's already included in the game download but it doesn't say anything at the description or B.) not available in my region (EU) or country (Austria)

Likely what happened. As per the opening post, sometimes some DLC gets de-listed in some regions, but not on others.

Sort of yes. I used to play Marvel Ultimate Alliance on my PS2 and after a few years I bought the Xbox 360, I found out it was available on it, as well as having a few character DLC packs. I searched for them on the Xbox store and couldn't find any of the packs for it and for MUA2. Turns out they were delisted due to copyright or whatever I believe. 

Luckily a few months later I found a GOTY edition of the first one pre-owned which had every DLC on disc.  :P