Quick questions regarding PS+ membership

D-money2112

I suppose I could have searched this on Google, but I just worked three 12 hours days and I am incredibly lazy right now. And I trust you guys, 100%. These questions are based on fact that I do not intend to pay for PS+ on a monthly basis, as I much prefer a quality single player experience and generally hate online games. In particular, the communities that play them. Except Destiny. I'm a Destiny crackhead right now. Anyway...

1) If I download one of the monthly free games from PSN, don't renew my membership, and renew it at a later date, will I still be able to play the game? Or do you have to be consistently a member of PS+ to play these? I do understand that you can only play these with an active subscription, I'm just wondering if you lose the ability to play it if you miss a month or two. Or six.

2) If I buy a game that has a discounted price due to a PS+ membership, will I still be able to play the game if I don't have an active subscription?

Thanks y'all

Edited by D-money2112

1) If I download one of the monthly free games from PSN, don't renew my membership, and renew it at a later date, will I still be able to play the game? Or do you have to be consistently a member of PS+ to play these? I do understand that you can only play these with an active subscription, I'm just wondering if you lose the ability to play it if you miss a month or two. Or six.

2) If I buy a game that has a discounted price due to a PS+ membership, will I still be able to play the game if I don't have an active subscription?

Thanks y'all

1- Yes, it will be there when you renew. 

2- Still be there regardless.

• Like 2

Hi, I can clear these up for you

1- you can reply the game at anytime but for instance that playstation + game that you got, you have to have PS+ to play it , so for instance you do get a Ps+ game and play it a while and then you discontinue your PS+ account, you will no longer be able to replay that specific game, only until you get the membership back up again.

2- When you buy a game 'Exluding the PS+ free monthly ones, whatever you pay for the game, thats it, because you didn't download it on the free monthly games section, you can play it with or without membership.

To play destiny you NEED a ps+ sub

I might be mistaken, but don't you only need a PS+ subscription for matchmaking and crucible? I would think you'd be able to still play online just as long as you have an internet connection. Wouldn't really matter anyway, I've played the game so much in the last couple of weeks I could use a month or two away from it. :D

Thanks for the quick responses everyone. I knew I could count on you guys. Gotta love the PSNProfiles forums.

PS+, at least used to, be a very nice way to get some decent PSN games for a low price.

What I recommend you do every month is buy all the free games in the PSN store, this will allow you to access them later when they are no longer "freely available" for PS+.

To play destiny you NEED a ps+ sub

I might be mistaken, but don't you only need a PS+ subscription for matchmaking and crucible? I would think you'd be able to still play online just as long as you have an internet connection. Wouldn't really matter anyway, I've played the game so much in the last couple of weeks I could use a month or two away from it. :D

Thanks for the quick responses everyone. I knew I could count on you guys. Gotta love the PSNProfiles forums.

That's only true for the PS4 version. You don't need plus for the ps3 version for any content. And yes, on the ps4 version it's crucible, raids, and strikes that require ps plus. You also can't join fireteams on the ps4 without plus.

First things first... I'm in love with your profile picture and think it's fucking sweet. 

Second off, I believe everyone above is right! Yes and yes to your questions

Yeah, I thought the same thing when I saw it haha. Not a huge fan of Star Wars or anything, but Chewbacca riding a squirrel battling Nazis? Whats not to love, really?

• Like 1

Yeah, I thought the same thing when I saw it haha. Not a huge fan of Star Wars or anything, but Chewbacca riding a squirrel battling Nazis? Whats not to love, really?

I didn't even pay any attention to it until you said this. I also love that avatar.

Anyways, OT:

As it has been mentioned before, the answer is yes to both questions! Just make sure PS+ is active when trying to play games in question # though!