Platinum Race of Honor: DetectiveCJ vs. Kochiya Shana

Platinum Race: DetectiveCJ vs. Kochiya Shana  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the platinum race?

Not sure how Kochiya is doing, but I wanted to point out that I'm almost at Level 14 in my gamer score - Gamefly delivered Teslagrad for the PS4 so I am working on that right now. I have also finished Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time's story but getting all the treasures is annoying; I got 100% of the Chapter 1 treasures but the last one in Chapter 2 and one in Chapter 3 take so much work to get back to the hideout that I run out of time. I should work on the Navigate Like Drake trophy and worry about the treasures later.

Also, started a Proud Mode playthrough of Kingdom Hearts Final Mix so I have my first two trophies there. Need to psyche myself out to get working on that.

• Like 1

I have also finished Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time's story but getting all the treasures is annoying; I got 100% of the Chapter 1 treasures but the last one in Chapter 2 and one in Chapter 3 take so much work to get back to the hideout that I run out of time. I should work on the Navigate Like Drake trophy and worry about the treasures later.

Some of them can be indeed annoying. Just follow the same path as the guy does in the video's in the guide. Easy peasy. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice. I rage quit Teslagrad because one scroll is almost impossible to get unless you have great timing - after the third boss you have to dash right as you fall and land on a chandelier but I kept missing it and having to go through all the rooms to the final boss, meaning I had to solve all the puzzles again, and one is... *rage fist of hate* :devil::shakefist: Compared to that, Sly Cooper is easy.  <_< 

Technically have the BlazBlue: Continuum Shift platinum now considering all I have left to do for the platinum and that's a guaranteed UR as well.

I hated the online grind for xp though getting to Lv:50 was just insane with 58,500,000xp...

Good job mate, I'm not into Blazblue but I've heard some horror stories of that plat, after all, it is considered to have one of the hardest challenge modes.

Gratz on the plat again :wave:

Not sure how Kochiya is doing, but I wanted to point out that I'm almost at Level 14 in my gamer score - Gamefly delivered Teslagrad for the PS4 so I am working on that right now. I have also finished Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time's story but getting all the treasures is annoying; I got 100% of the Chapter 1 treasures but the last one in Chapter 2 and one in Chapter 3 take so much work to get back to the hideout that I run out of time. I should work on the Navigate Like Drake trophy and worry about the treasures later.

Also, started a Proud Mode playthrough of Kingdom Hearts Final Mix so I have my first two trophies there. Need to psyche myself out to get working on that.

Putting in the works dude! Keep it up! :D

• Like 1

Did you get the abilities mentioned in the guide? Those really make things a lot easier. If you're still having trouble with it, do some practice runs first to get the hang of it.

Did you get the abilities mentioned in the guide? Those really make things a lot easier. If you're still having trouble with it, do some practice runs first to get the hang of it.

I've just started KHFM - my biggest obstacle is lack of trying; I was trying to get Undefeated on the Proud Mode playthrough and it took me four tries to defeat Trickmaster - I hated having to reload the save instead of just continuing. I know what you are going to say: "You shouldn't focus on Undefeated except in Beginner mode" and I will probably just do that. I am dreading the Clayton fight and wanted to work on my other games too, so it's very hard to keep focused on one game.

Right now I am thinking about these games: Birth By Sleep Final Mix critical speed runs to get those out of the way(since I saw someone do a speed-run of Aqua's story and completely nail it, Aqua's command styles are overpowered), Dark Cloud(I am having trouble finding a weapon with the Steal ability for that one trophy to steal stuff), Dark Cloud 2(need to clear out all of the medals in Moonflower Palace so I can advance to the last chapter), Sly 4(Crazed Climber is horrible, you have to go through an unskippable cutscene every time you restart since you can't restart from checkpoint in that mission), and Persona 4 Golden(just need to fuse the right Personas to tackle the Hellhole known as Hollow Forest, after that it's gravy). I also got Teslagrad in the Gamefly mail and need to finish that(one scroll is getting to be a pain to get).

I should probably just focus on two of the games right now(Teslagrad needs to be returned soon so I will put that on the top of the list) and wait until I get the Platinum on Teslagrad and the original Dark Cloud before I get too invested in other games. All said, I'm not going to stress over it.

I've just started KHFM - my biggest obstacle is lack of trying; I was trying to get Undefeated on the Proud Mode playthrough and it took me four tries to defeat Trickmaster - I hated having to reload the save instead of just continuing. I know what you are going to say: "You shouldn't focus on Undefeated except in Beginner mode" and I will probably just do that. I am dreading the Clayton fight and wanted to work on my other games too, so it's very hard to keep focused on one game.

Right now I am thinking about these games: Birth By Sleep Final Mix critical speed runs to get those out of the way(since I saw someone do a speed-run of Aqua's story and completely nail it, Aqua's command styles are overpowered), Dark Cloud(I am having trouble finding a weapon with the Steal ability for that one trophy to steal stuff), Dark Cloud 2(need to clear out all of the medals in Moonflower Palace so I can advance to the last chapter), Sly 4(Crazed Climber is horrible, you have to go through an unskippable cutscene every time you restart since you can't restart from checkpoint in that mission), and Persona 4 Golden(just need to fuse the right Personas to tackle the Hellhole known as Hollow Forest, after that it's gravy). I also got Teslagrad in the Gamefly mail and need to finish that(one scroll is getting to be a pain to get).

I should probably just focus on two of the games right now(Teslagrad needs to be returned soon so I will put that on the top of the list) and wait until I get the Platinum on Teslagrad and the original Dark Cloud before I get too invested in other games. All said, I'm not going to stress over it.

Wow, impressive post. But I was actually talking about Sly Cooper Thieves in Time :P.

And yeah, Proud mode really is the worst choice to do undefeated. You can easily do that on Beginner while also going for the 15 hour speedrun and that trophy for never changing your equipment.

I don't remember the crazed climber being that bad, got it on the second try. It helps to watch a video to see what's expected.

Wow, impressive post. But I was actually talking about Sly Cooper Thieves in Time :P.

Oops, sorry. My bad. :lol: Yes, I got the Pay Day trophy so I have all of the abilities from ThiefNet.

And yeah, Proud mode really is the worst choice to do undefeated. You can easily do that on Beginner while also going for the 15 hour speedrun and that trophy for never changing your equipment.

I know that everyone says do Speedster, Unchanging Armor and Undefeated on Beginner, and I've tried that on my old account, but I get annihilated at the final boss fight because I have crap lousy dodging skills. :S Again, I blame my ADHD for not trying hard enough. (I have yet to get that one scroll in Teslagrad just after the third boss fight - I keep failing to dash attack and miss the chandelier so I fall to the floor and have to go all the way back and redo all those painful puzzles.)

I don't remember the crazed climber being that bad, got it on the second try. It helps to watch a video to see what's expected.

Watching a video and copying it exactly are not the same thing - as I said before, I stink horribly at speed runs and precise actions and Sir Unicornpants' Catapult Crash is a nightmare for me to time right and quickly. Also, I gave up first time because one of the stupid drakeling cyborgs roasted his @$$ and that's an instant death, which spawns you at the checkpoint and means you lose the trophy. You have to restart the entire mission because the game won't accept the trophy if you spawn midway up the tower. :angry:

Of Mice and Mechs is my least favorite chapter of Thieves in Time because the boss requires you to use Six-Axis motion to hit it, and I had to redo the fight a zillion times because I kept missing with the shot. You'd never guess how foul my language was during that annoying fight. (In hindsight, I should have done the Cross Save for the instant platinum on Vita instead of PS3 since the archer costume doesn't use that stupid motion stuff.) :shakefist: :shakefist: :shakefist: :shakefist: :shakefist:

This is probably the hardest trophy for me to get and having to wait two minutes for Sly and Carmelita to stop yapping doesn't help. That said, I am not giving up, I am just... taking myself a break. I will get the platinum eventually. B)

Oops, sorry. My bad. :lol: Yes, I got the Pay Day trophy so I have all of the abilities from ThiefNet.

I know that everyone says do Speedster, Unchanging Armor and Undefeated on Beginner, and I've tried that on my old account, but I get annihilated at the final boss fight because I have crap lousy dodging skills. :S Again, I blame my ADHD for not trying hard enough. (I have yet to get that one scroll in Teslagrad just after the third boss fight - I keep failing to dash attack and miss the chandelier so I fall to the floor and have to go all the way back and redo all those painful puzzles.)

Watching a video and copying it exactly are not the same thing - as I said before, I stink horribly at speed runs and precise actions and Sir Unicornpants' Catapult Crash is a nightmare for me to time right and quickly. Also, I gave up first time because one of the stupid drakeling cyborgs roasted his @$$ and that's an instant death, which spawns you at the checkpoint and means you lose the trophy. You have to restart the entire mission because the game won't accept the trophy if you spawn midway up the tower. :angry:

Of Mice and Mechs is my least favorite chapter of Thieves in Time because the boss requires you to use Six-Axis motion to hit it, and I had to redo the fight a zillion times because I kept missing with the shot. You'd never guess how foul my language was during that annoying fight. (In hindsight, I should have done the Cross Save for the instant platinum on Vita instead of PS3 since the archer costume doesn't use that stupid motion stuff.) :shakefist: :shakefist: :shakefist: :shakefist: :shakefist:

This is probably the hardest trophy for me to get and having to wait two minutes for Sly and Carmelita to stop yapping doesn't help. That said, I am not giving up, I am just... taking myself a break. I will get the platinum eventually. B)

Yeah the second final boss fight becomes much easier with well-timed dodge rolls. I reached the final boss around 11 hours (and that's with exploring here and there and doing some optional things, so there's more than enough time). Got annihilated during the third fight (the solo one in dark space) and went to powerlevel in the Hades Cup for 2 hours. Came back around 10 levels higher and beat the game in 14 hours.

Yeah you have to kill the baby dragons (I believe this is also mentioned in the guide), those can mess up the run. 

Update: Finally got another plat, though it's not UR:

1L47879f.png  Teslagrad(PS4)

I'll update the main post ASAP. :)

Technically have the BlazBlue: Continuum Shift platinum now considering all I have left to do for the platinum and that's a guaranteed UR as well.

So about that, Kochiya-sama... any updates? :huh:

EDIT: I may have to concede victory here if Kochiya doesn't update soon. I was kidding, but at least she could give a shout out to explain why she isn't updating. I understand if she's busy with many games at once - platinums do not grow on trees(I have just started on a couple more games for the Spring Backlog) and maybe RL is in the way, but she could at least give a heads up.

1Lf16eae.pngDark Cloud (PS2 import)

1La063b7.pngSly Cooper: Thieves in Time(Vita)

Edited by DetectiveCJ

So about that, Kochiya-sama... any updates? :huh:

EDIT: I may have to concede victory here if Kochiya doesn't update soon. I was kidding, but at least she could give a shout out to explain why she isn't updating. I understand if she's busy with many games at once - platinums do not grow on trees(I have just started on a couple more games for the Spring Backlog) and maybe RL is in the way, but she could at least give a heads up.

I said previously I was in the platinum rain day event, I said I technically have the platinum it was pretty obvious what was going on and since the platinum rain day is within the timeframe it is fair game.

All I will say is personal reasons but I haven't given up I mean look at the timeframe if you think a little lead now with no UR platinums is enough to guarantee victory I really have no idea what to say. I would also say a quick look at my profile would show you something as well so I wouldn't act like you've got an easy win.

Okay, I am not trying to imply that I'm the better. I know you have six times the platinums I do and your gamer rank is over twice mine. I hope you get your personal problems sorted out, we miss you here on the forums. ;)

EDIT: I have gotten the Platinum for Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time on PS3 buuuut it was a Cross-Save so I will not count that in the pool. After all, it was only nine minutes to get all the trophies onto another system, so that wouldn't be honest. (I do not intend to cheat like that ever again - I am sweating through Rogue Galaxy now.)

Edited by DetectiveCJ

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I am not trying to imply that I'm the better. I know you have six times the platinums I do and your gamer rank is over twice mine. I hope you get your personal problems sorted out, we miss you here on the forums. ;)

EDIT: I have gotten the Platinum for Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time on PS3 buuuut it was a Cross-Save so I will not count that in the pool. After all, it was only nine minutes to get all the trophies onto another system, so that wouldn't be honest. (I do not intend to cheat like that ever again - I am sweating through Rogue Galaxy now.)

How do you have 16 platinums but 13 points, I can understand if you do not want to count auto-pops but still confused since the time rule is for VNs and TellTale only?

Also soon to have 3 UR and will probably get a few more so the small lead at current is really nothing.

You should try sweat through Sonic Unleashed's hot dog missions(I hate Adabat daytime and Eggmanland...), BlazBlue's combo challenges or something else and maybe earn some URs or get a good challenge?

How do you have 16 platinums but 13 points, I can understand if you do not want to count auto-pops but still confused since the time rule is for VNs and TellTale only?

Also soon to have 3 UR and will probably get a few more so the small lead at current is really nothing.

You should try sweat through Sonic Unleashed's hot dog missions(I hate Adabat daytime and Eggmanland...), BlazBlue's combo challenges or something else and maybe earn some URs or get a good challenge?

I cross-saved Thieves in Time on PS3 by uploading my Vita save, so I didn't earn any of those trophies legit. I know we agreed that Visual Novels and Telltale games were banned, but copying your save from one version to another is even quicker and doesn't involve any skill at all, so as an act of honor I didn't count Thieves in Thieve for PS3. I'll recheck my list to see what the other two plats I didn't include were and get back to you on them.

I appreciate the advice on games I could be playing, but right now I am busy grinding Yellowbolts and Greenbolts in the Starship Factory in Zerard. I'll definitely have my work cuit out for me when I start getting into the Insectron tournaments in Rogue Galaxy. But I will look into Sonic Unleashed and work on the Disgaea series soon to get work on those plats. I'll earn an UR sooner or later, don't worry.

Right now I earned another platinum:

1Lc42e03.png

Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy (Vita)

Top of the Heap

EDIT: Turns out I miscalculated my score after counting up the platinums I have so far and reconfigured it to the correct score. Oops!

Edited by DetectiveCJ

It is legit way, though =D

On the other hand, props to you for excluding it ;)

I am an honorable person and if I feel like something is mindless and I do it, I won't let anyone know. Of course, I'm not hiding the fact that I cross-saved - it'll be on my profile.

Anyways, just bought Digimonstory at Gamestop(traded in two of my Vita games and finally got rid of LEGO Batman 3) and I'll be working on that too.

I'm working on a few games - Rogue Galaxy, Criminal Girls Invite Only(don't judge me :ninja:) and several others.

Sounds nice. Criminal Girls is not my stuff, but how's Rogue Galaxy in terms of difficulty for you?

I will judge you because you are playing a censored version :awesome:

No comment. :P

Sounds nice. Criminal Girls is not my stuff, but how's Rogue Galaxy in terms of difficulty for you?

Not too bad. Right now I am just grinding for more Roses of Passion(realizes he did another Freudian slip :| ) and other Revelation Flow items which I skipped over in my first pass so I can get all the Revelation Flows up to date. Had to switch to Kuje Desert for the Roses as Rafflessia farming in Leo King's Castle hit the plateau and started giving me crap for EXP and I wanted to get as close to Level 99 as I could before the final boss so I wouldn't have to farm Ghost Ship Extreme to get that trophy for getting max level. I am listening to speed runs on Youtube to keep my sanity. :lol:

I can't say much for Kochiya as she has gone silent but I am sure she is busy too. She'll put a post when she hits another platinum. It's a dry spell for now because going from 0% to 100% is like building Rome - it doesn't happen in a day.

• Like 1

I can't say much for Kochiya as she has gone silent but I am sure she is busy too. She'll put a post when she hits another platinum. It's a dry spell for now because going from 0% to 100% is like building Rome - it doesn't happen in a day.

Man, I was following this thread because it looked like a fun competition, but feels like you keep putting some passive-aggressive pressure on Kochiya to update. It's only been a few days since they posted, I don't think we can call that "gone silent". Now it's not my business so I won't say anything else.

Edited by minh2t
  • Like 1

Passing through here again haha.

How are you guys doing so far?

Despite what somebody seems to imply I am making pretty good progress in a few games given my personal reasons as posted above but just click this link to really see as not like my progress gets checked anyway: Profile in completion order showing only incomplete games.

It is also worth noting I am in the platinum rain day event so my "lack" of platinums actually makes sense and isn't me being slow/bad at games as somebody's posts seem to imply.

Nice to see you got to the near-plat in Digimonstory, Kochiya. I bought the game recently and will crack it into the PS4 sometime this week. I had seen a few episodes of Digimon anime and know how much of a cult following the video games have and I love a good game wrapped around a mystery! Oh, BTB, if you ever do pop a plat, make sure you put it on our thread.  ;)

I. ALREADY. STATED. PERSONAL. REASONS.

Circumstances don't change like that in a positive way and besides there is still A LOT of the year remaining. 

Do my posts actually get paid attention too at all?

I have stated I am in the platinum rain day event, I have a few platinums prepared and/or extremely close to platinum but you keep making it sound like I am slow or bad at the games yet you're good... you should really see the difference in the games being played between you and me as well as consider the platinum rain day before talking about slow going platinums...

And to think that last quote was from the platinum rain day thread so are you just trying to make me look bad?

• Like 2

Despite what somebody seems to imply I am making pretty good progress in a few games given my personal reasons as posted above but just click this link to really see as not like my progress gets checked anyway: Profile in completion order showing only incomplete games.

It is also worth noting I am in the platinum rain day event so my "lack" of platinums actually makes sense and isn't me being slow/bad at games as somebody's posts seem to imply.

Yeah, I know you're in that event after seeing some of your previous posts. My question was mostly directed at any future plans or games to beat (that aren't listed). I should have specified that...My bad mate  :facepalm: But very nice, I see you're readying some big guns to plat consecutively :P

Keep it up.

Circumstances don't change like that in a positive way and besides there is still A LOT of the year remaining. 

I have stated I am in the platinum rain day event, I have a few platinums prepared and/or extremely close to platinum but you keep making it sound like I am slow or bad at the games yet you're good... you should really see the difference in the games being played between you and me as well as consider the platinum rain day before talking about slow going platinums...

And to think that last quote was from the platinum rain day thread so are you just trying to make me look bad?

He's just mocking you. There's no need to get angry about it. Mock him back if you want.

I do that all the time if my friend Zanzarro starts calling me a scrub, noob or something of the sort.

Edited by Lord_of_Ra

I am very sorry. I will stop talking about that. I knew you had reasons for not updating, and anything I said in the last post I put here was not mean to be harsh or mean. I'll drop it because I don't want to seem passive-aggressive. I got in trouble somewhere else because I was talking too much. :(

But yeah, I think this thread won't updated for a while - we have ten more months or so, therefore there's no need to rush. ;)

Edited by DetectiveCJ