Platinum Race of Honor: DetectiveCJ vs. Kochiya Shana

Platinum Race: DetectiveCJ vs. Kochiya Shana  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the platinum race?

Yeah, I know you're in that event after seeing some of your previous posts. My question was mostly directed at any future plans or games to beat (that aren't listed). I should have specified that...My bad mate  :facepalm: But very nice, I see you're readying some big guns to plat consecutively :P

Keep it up.

He's just mocking you. There's no need to get angry about it. Mock him back if you want.

I do that all the time if my friend Zanzarro starts calling me a scrub, noob or something of the sort.

There's a better idea of sorts in a spoiler below.

Not really in the mood for mocking currently so probably won't take things as meant considering the personal reasons which a few people know of which is causing more than a few problems.

I am very sorry. I will stop talking about that. I knew you had reasons for not updating, and anything I said in the last post I put here was not mean to be harsh or mean. I'll drop it because I don't want to seem passive-aggressive. I got in trouble somewhere else because I was talking too much. :(

But yeah, I think this thread won't updated for a while - we have ten more months or so, therefore there's no need to rush. ;)

It'll be updated when it gets updated but you should change the platinum spoiler under each person and do something like this so people can see everything earned even if no points it can sway a person in the platinum preference vote and PRD platinums that ARE prepared should be visible in my opinion:

1Scd39de.png1Sc04665.png1S84e4ca.png1Sa6300a.png1Sbde55a.png1S17475e.png1S5bc069.png

No Points

1Sd66dcd.png

Platinum Rain Day Prepared

1S2af031.png1S3714a8.png1S04a23b.png

Spoiler contains my current progress as it was easier.

At least because of that you have the better Plats choice from community in the bag ;)

Ganbatte, Shana-tan :)

Hopefully but just for some idea of what I am hoping to platinum here are my main focus obviously not all will be done unless a miracle happens:

Planned Milestones:

S4b3f34.png - Trophy #10,000

PP Platinums:

KEY

Sa60041.png

Dengeki Bunko

Se41334.png Sd969fa.png S2bbe3a.png Saaac37.png S72ba1f.png Sdaea18.png S020a1f.png Sdd8ff5.png S09bdf4.png S671773.png 

BlazBlue

Scd9f3e.png

Baka Hentai!

S648d94.png S084875.png S7a471d.png Sc3ca22.png S607723.png Sc6ca17.png S6418d5.png S166eac.png S496735.png S0ca2bf.png S8f782b.png S10e821.png Sa97b7b.png S7f5400.png Sdbf4bd.png

Devil May Cry

S9f1500.png S371d48.png

Neptune

Sbf082c.png S959c15.png S1a525a.png Sde37a9.png S567fd6.png S9bc30d.png S581c30.png Sf00dbc.png S9e84a9.png

Shounen Jump

Sd16db3.png S2660af.png Sfcd396.png S41324f.png Sdef5f6.png S70c30a.png 

Tales of

Sfbcf64.png Scf9479.png 

Final Fantasy

S23ed9c.png 

Atelier

S6a8a5e.png Sda0cea.png

Dragons

S53b6a3.png S205c14.png

CHALLENGE

S8c1181.png

Non-PP

S259edd.png S612ed7.png S804597.png S075006.png S8a7bb0.png S1021d7.png Sab78dc.png Sfdf1b4.png S26548a.png Sfb8f0b.png S68edbf.png S5bc6b1.png S2f7966.png Sa97b75.png S59e379.png Se797c4.png Sbaeb15.png S1336a9.png S9c2dcc.png S25caa3.png Sb3d41a.png S300432.png S1a471a.png S99e270.png Sa12fc7.png S4ceb4a.png S0a41b5.png S5d181f.png S8760a4.png S638895.png S192db0.png Sc27249.png Sa782b5.png S932594.png Sc12b90.png Sb65b9a.png Seec5eb.png

Games that will be added without needing to complete another game beforehand:

• Is the order a rabbit?? Wonderful party!
  • Golden Time
  • Durarara!!
  • Valkyria Chronicles
  • Criminal Girls 2
  • Himouto Umaru-chan
  • Koihime Enbu
  • Naruto Storm 4
  • Dead or Alive Xtreme 3
  • Trails of Cold Steel - got a gifted Lion Heart edition so why not
  • Gundam Breaker 3
  • Gundam EXTREME VS Force
  • Bullet Girls 2

Games currently not started but planned:

• Golden Time
  • Durarara!! 3-way alley standoff
  • Neptune V(Japan)
  • Neptune VII(Japan)
  • Neptune(Japan)
  • Re;Birth2(Eng/Japan)
  • Re;Birth3(Eng/Japan)
  • Noire(Japan)
  • Devil May Cry
  • Devil May Cry 2
  • DmC - I am going to really regret this...
  • Atelier Totori
  • Atelier Meruru
  • Atelier Escha & Logy
  • Atelier Shallie
  • Ar nosurge
  • Sora no Kiseki FC
  • Sora no Kiseki SC
  • Sen no Kiseki I
  • Sen no Kiseki II
  • Ao no Kiseki
  • Zero no Kiseki

All images in spoiler are links to current progress.

• Like 1

There's a better idea of sorts in a spoiler below.

Not really in the mood for mocking currently so probably won't take things as meant considering the personal reasons which a few people know of which is causing more than a few problems.

It'll be updated when it gets updated but you should change the platinum spoiler under each person and do something like this so people can see everything earned even if no points it can sway a person in the platinum preference vote and PRD platinums that ARE prepared should be visible in my opinion:

I'm already editing the main post now with the new format so we can finally quiet the voices and misunderstanding. :lol:

Maybe things will go back to friendly now with the new platinum progress format.

Yeah, I know. I promise to be more civil in this thread.

Anyways...

Got the XBLAZE LOST: MEMORIES platinum this morning - this is the Vita version. (I might have to re-edit my address on my GameFly profile to fix the zip code as I think that maybe the Post Office is sending the games to the wrong place. :( )

This isn't really important as XBLAZE LOST is mostly VN so it doesn't count. Just letting you know I'm still working on trophies. (Already doing a heavy House of Ordeals grinds in Disgaea 3 for the Vita so I can finish the story mode and win the game without a sweat, lolz.)

I think Rogue Galaxy is an ultra-rare right now and I'll finish up the clean up for trophies there in a week or so - I have to get ready for Ghost Ship Extreme and the long Insectron haul but other than that and getting Jaster to Level 99, I'm almost done.

EDIT: Nevermind. Seems the trophy card was not a good idea as it always updates, so I deleted it.

1La1fbfb.png

Got a platinum in a day - LEGO Lord of the Rings for PS Vita, got it from GameFly on Thursday, sending it back in the morning. ;)

I also have a plan for an April Fool's Day platinum - Criminal Girls: Invite Only. I'm not really into hentai,or semi-hentai but the characters develop nicely. :) Since I am probably going to be busy grinding out CM, I am going to also be multi-tasking with my Platinum Rain Day games starting with the Speedster Trophy in Kingdom Hearts Final Mix. Wish me luck! ^_^

Edited by DetectiveCJ

• 2 weeks later...

Since somebody wants an update I guess this will do.

Made progress on a few games for PRD and some not such as:

• The iDOLM@STER One For All
  • Battle Princess of Arcadias
  • SOULCALIBUR V - UR
  • Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge - UR
  • DEAD OR ALIVE Xtreme 3 Fortune - UR(might drop due to new release)

Among a few others I will probably end up using especially with getting some ideas due to certain PP threads though I have also decided on a platinum for trophy #9,000 which will likely be popped before next week but have also been looking up stuff about a few other games I do have planned for this which shouldn't be too hard.

Unsure what to say really on each game besides been having fun with iM@S using mainly Chihaya, Hibiki, Miki, Iori and Mami with Makoto more for her burst+stats it has been relatively easy but the IDOL EXTREME can be tough with my Lv:20 idol unit. Battle Princess has been VERY easy and fun although getting an S rank on this skirmish with scorpions is a real pain still haven't triggered new game+ as I want to keep my levels, gear, items and honour been getting 1,350 on average for the stage when I need 1,500 for the S.

SOULCALIBUR V I am going through the quick battles I need while obviously chipping away at attacks made, walking distance, XP and so forth as well I plan on leaving a single opponent for the PRD while grinding these quick battles to do everything else which will be a boring grind after I clear trophy #9,000. Ninja Gaiden is tough but fun although the last boss is pretty poorly done in my opinion and the eclipse scythe and kusari-gama make a lot of things a joke although I do prefer using the katana or dual swords but Kasumi and Ayane are most fun to use.

#9,000 will be DEAD OR ALIVE Xtreme 3 Fortune which is actually quite simple and rather stress free to playthrough it is quite lighthearted and fun as well.

I have a lot of other games considered too which will be fun and easy as well like Neptune, Gundam and other such games.

• Like 1

Wow, you're bringing out the big guns, are you Kochiya? I'd better whip out my secret weapon... STAN THE DEMON KING!

391699-okage_1001_007.jpg

Ha ha ha, j/k - but I bought the PS2 port of Okage: Shadow King so I plan to have another cult classic in my account soon. ^_^

Working on Disgaea 3 on the Vita and getting some more progress on my PRD games - finishing up the Time Attack medals on Dark Cloud 2 so I can focus on the other medals for the Medalhead trophy later on. Once I get my two fish fed and mated, I'll be using it on Finny Frenzy to work on the rest of the miscellaneous trophies.

Also plan on starting up Digimonstory: Cyber Sleuth soon. Great list of trophies, Kochiya. I am not going to entertain delusions on beating you, but then again, it could anyone's game. ;)

Edited by DetectiveCJ

New platinum as well as my #9,000 trophy milestone:

1Lee027f.png1S7fe98b.png

Currently a UR as well at 2.95% so that isn't bad but considering it is a new release I wonder if it'll keep that until year's end?

Grats on the plat, can I ask how hard it is or if it's grindy? I remember playing Xtreme 2 on xbox 360 and it was a grind-fest. I'm hesitating on Fortune/Venus because of that.

Grats on the plat, can I ask how hard it is or if it's grindy? I remember playing Xtreme 2 on xbox 360 and it was a grind-fest. I'm hesitating on Fortune/Venus because of that.

Nothing compared to DOAX2 still if I had to give a roundabout time say between 60-100 hours would be the timeframe.

New platinum as well as my #9,000 trophy milestone:

1Lee027f.png1S7fe98b.png

Currently a UR as well at 2.95% so that isn't bad but considering it is a new release I wonder if it'll keep that until year's end?

Now to decided which plat to vote: this one or Valkyrie Drive. Decisions, decisions :hmm:.

1. The event will end at 11:59 PM on December 31, 2016.
  2. All games are eligible except Telltale games and VNs with completion times of the 50th fastest games that have completion times of under 12 hours.
  3. All platinums earned from New Year's Day 2016 onward count. (I'll put down my platinums I earned in January and will ask Kochiya to put her icons down.)
  4. We'll be scoring based on number of platinums(1 per plat earned), number of Ultra-Rares(an extra point to each platinum if it is an UR) and you guys get to vote on who earned the better platinums at the end of the event. Me and Shana-san are ineligible to vote and you only get one vote, with each vote counting as a point to the one who you voted for.

Now to decided which plat to vote: this one or Valkyrie Drive. Decisions, decisions :hmm:.

It is overall so not just the 1 not only that the vote for best platinums is obviously subjective do you vote on rarity, known difficulty, the games played or the platinum images it is up to the person placing the vote so technically you could vote for both. 

It is overall so not just the 1 not only that the vote for best platinums is obviously subjective do you vote on rarity, known difficulty, the games played or the platinum images it is up to the person placing the vote so technically you could vote for both. 

Nice, well that solves my dilemma :dance:. I'll be taking them all into consideration.

Okay, I put your next platinum up, Kochiya. I am actually not going for easy platinums right now(at least until GameFly delivers stuff) because I am working on my Disgaea games and earning trophies on them - I've restarted Disgaea 4 for Vita, Disgaea D2 and Disgaea 5 to try to understand how they work better so I can enjoy them all. :D

But I do plan on playing other games, like Okage, which as I said I downloaded recently. I've not forgotten my other games, they are just a bit on the back burner. Also, since I put Disgaea 5 and D2 on my PRD list, I need to focus on them more.

Yes, I know I am insane for platinuming the Disgaea games(except for the original 3 and 4) but I think those games(except maybe D2) are all ultra rare because, as I said, nobody is insane as I am to try to get all the trophies on those hard-as-heck games. ^_^

Edited by DetectiveCJ

Yes, I know I am insane for platinuming the Disgaea games(except for the original 3 and 4) but I think those games(except maybe D2) are all ultra rare because, as I said, nobody is insane as I am to try to get all the trophies on those hard-as-heck games. ^_^

Well... they aren't really hard. No one is insane to get through the insane grind.

Grinding does not equal difficulty ;)

• Like 3

I guess I am crazy then but I love spending hours grinding out levels while listening to speed runs on Youtube. xD

All of it worth it when my Fuka Katamasuri tanks the final boss of a game like a BOSS! ^_^ She was Level 443 before I fought the final boss of D2 - not even Laharl could survive against the bosses after Chapter 9 but Fuka was just whacking things like crazy.

Marie Rose 

Marie Rose

Marie Rose

Marie Rose

Marie Rose

:awesome:

So who I prefer using in DOA and who also got me the platinum in DOAX3.

Well slowly working on The iDOLM@STER One For All and pretty much have it as a guaranteed now just a bit more for the producer ranks and then a little bit of levelling to clear THE LEGEND.