Platinum Race of Honor: DetectiveCJ vs. Kochiya Shana

Platinum Race: DetectiveCJ vs. Kochiya Shana  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the platinum race?

Another platinum prepared for Aug20 and this time it is Ratchet & Clank from the HD trilogy:

1L6f7785.png1Sb0280e.png

No idea what will be next seeing as how this wasn't even planned and just done randomly while thinking. It will hopefully be something from the Dengeki, Neptune or Baka Hentai! PP threads hopefully though unless something random occurs again...

Only trophy that really annoyed me on Ratchet & Clank was the 1,000,000 bolt trophy which I ended up getting while on 666,000 bolts think it is trying to tell me it is evil or something considering how much I hated that trophy while skill points I had 24/30 done before beating Drek and I had 19/40 of the gold bolts at that time as well so pretty easy overall.

Glad to see we finally share a platinum! Once you play one Ratchet and Clank, you never go back, even if it was random. I suggest Crack in Time too, really cool! :yay:

I know how annoying the million bolt trophy is! I had to use the glitch to get into the racetrack and farm the bolts by leaving my button taped down overnight, but it was worth it to get the RYNO early and cheese everything in the game! Mwa ha ha! :devil:

Right now I'm working on some games for the Platinum Rain Day event - I just got to certain points in Ni No Kuni and Dragon Quest Heroes - finally got that thing out of mothballs, and those games are super-fun! :D

EDIT: OOPS! I didn't realize that you had almost-plat it for the PRD until I checked that thread. My bad. Sorry. :|:facepalm:

I also noted Digimonstory in your PRD list - I have to get on that game too.

Edited by DetectiveCJ

Why does my prepared section have every game I have listed for PRD except 1 listed(NepU is absent) when a lot of those games are NOT prepared as I only have these prepared:

1S2af031.png1S3714a8.png1S04a23b.png1Sc4d996.png1Sb0280e.png

1S2ca48f.png - This 1 as well IF you want to be technical by trophy preparation

These are just what I have planned and since not all are prepared and COULD change between now and Aug20 I don't think all of the below should be listed:

1S2af031.png1S2ca48f.png1S3714a8.png1S9f395a.png1S824bbb.png1S04a23b.png1Sc4d996.png1S21884d.png1Sc9db02.png1S8c035a.png1S2023f0.png1S80a0a9.png1S3c918a.png1Sb0280e.png

And if anybody was curious I have posted a few times of the games I'd be mainly focusing on providing an idea of the platinums to expect me to have either earned or prepared but here it is again for people to see with each small banner image being a link to my actual progress on said game:

Most likely to be platinum

Sa60041.png Se41334.png Sd969fa.png S2bbe3a.png Sdaea18.png Saaac37.png S72ba1f.png S020a1f.png Sdd8ff5.png S648d94.png S7a471d.png Sc3ca22.png S607723.png Sc6ca17.png S6418d5.png S166eac.png S496735.png S0ca2bf.png Sa97b7b.png S9f1500.png S1a525a.png Sde37a9.png S567fd6.png S9bc30d.png S581c30.png Sd16db3.png S2660af.png Sfcd396.png S41324f.png Sdef5f6.png Sfbcf64.png Scf9479.png S23ed9c.png S6a8a5e.png Sda0cea.png S612ed7.png S804597.png S075006.png S8a7bb0.png S1021d7.png Sab78dc.png Sfdf1b4.png S26548a.png Sfb8f0b.png S68edbf.png S5bc6b1.png S2f7966.png Sa97b75.png S59e379.png Se797c4.png Sbaeb15.png S1336a9.png S9c2dcc.png S25caa3.png Sb3d41a.png S300432.png S1a471a.png S4ceb4a.png S0a41b5.png S5d181f.png S638895.png S192db0.png Sa782b5.png S932594.png Sc12b90.png S8f8f0a.png S371d48.png S8c1181.png Sebafc8.png S4b3f34.png

Not started but planned:

• Bullet Girls 2
  • Is the order a rabbit?? Wonderful party!
  • Criminal Girls 2
  • Himouto Umaru-chan
  • Digimon World Next Order
  • Gundam Breaker 3
  • Gundam EXTREME VS Force
  • DOAX3 Venus

*This is just the most likely to be done and not the complete list of games I will earn trophies in and may complete/prepare also PRD games are not listed in the spoiler.

I'm curious to know what the inciting incident was that led to this "friendly competition" in the first place.

Blame Commander Carlos for that one - I wanted to have a silly competition like he was doing. I forgot that his competitors are pals he shares the couch with on Skype or whatever and close friends, and I barely even knew Kochiya. We talked a bit over PM and eventually agreed to this. There's no prize or penalty at the end, she just wanted to defeat me and put me in my place. :)

• Like 1

Blame Commander Carlos for that one - I wanted to have a silly competition like he was doing. I forgot that his competitors are pals he shares the couch with on Skype or whatever and close friends, and I barely even knew Kochiya. We talked a bit over PM and eventually agreed to this. There's no prize or penalty at the end, she just wanted to defeat me and put me in my place. :)

Well regardless of the 'quality' of your platinums, it's impressive that you -- being relatively new to trophy hunting -- have been able to get 21 plats not even 4 months into the year. Congrats on that and keep up the great work; at this rate, you might actually defeat this bully.  B)

Edited by GIONAScm2

Thanks, but please do not call Kochiya a bully. She's a very good trophy hunter and is a big fan of Japanese visual novels and games that I couldn't even begin to touch, so we should respect her for that. ;) I was the one who started the situation. xD

Edited by DetectiveCJ

you might actually defeat this bully.  B)

Considering this thread (which you obviously did not read), I would hardly consider Shana the bully here.

Well regardless of the 'quality' of your platinums, it's impressive that you -- being relatively new to trophy hunting -- have been able to get 21 plats not even 4 months into the year. 

Yea, 21 and look at them. 54% Average Rarity says all.

Lego games, Sly, stacked Xblaze... impressive in count, less impressive in the effort.

At least now with the Dis, his Plats will require some effort.

I still think that rarity of the Plat should matter more than UR or not UR.

• Like 1

Thanks, but please do not call Kochiya a bully. She's a very good trophy hunter and is a big fan of Japanese visual novels and games that I couldn't even begin to touch, so we should respect her for that. ;) I was the one who started the situation. xD

Considering this thread (which you obviously did not read), I would hardly consider Shana the bully here.

Lego games, Sly, stacked Xblaze... impressive in count, less impressive in the effort.

I still think that rarity of the Plat should matter more than UR or not UR.

Nice try, but I did read 90%+ of the thread. After 4 pages things finally seemed to settle down. I really doubt CJ was trying to act like a passive-aggressive douche, as others seem to think. He was clearly confused about the Plat Rain Day event, and he got major undeserved backlash for his ignorance.

For the record, I meant nothing by my post, but PSNP seems to like drama I guess. I used the term Bully light-heartedly, as signalled by my use of an Emoji; this thread has miscommunication & misunderstanding from both posters. I was merely defending the underdog (CJ) because nobody's supporting him -- people are too busy ripping him apart for his games of choice, like you are.

I mean, for a new trophy hunter, do you really expect him to get several UR plats in the span of 1-2 months like Shana has done? That's just unrealistic. Let him ease into trophy hunting by platting games he's comfortable with, without making derogatory/snide comments towards him.

• Like 2

Well regardless of the 'quality' of your platinums, it's impressive that you -- being relatively new to trophy hunting -- have been able to get 21 plats not even 4 months into the year. Congrats on that and keep up the great work; at this rate, you might actually defeat this bully.  B)

If I remember correctly he mentioned somewhere that he's not new to trophy hunting. Instead DetectiveCJ is a new account of him where he wanted to focus on trophy hunting. (just saying, it's no critic).

But I guess nobody should really care about this and instead of us outsiders interpreting every side blow or teasing as "CJ or Shana is a bully and/or is passive aggressive" and building up the tension we should just let the two battle on their own and congratulate them on their achievements, indepently from the type or rarity of the plat they earned. Sure everybody can have an oppinion about both of them but not every opinion has to be made public. 

At the end they have to decide on their own how the rules for this plat race are. It's not up to us. 

• Like 1

I mean, for a new trophy hunter, do you really expect him to get several UR plats in the span of 1-2 months like Shana has done? That's just unrealistic. Let him ease into trophy hunting by platting games he's comfortable with, without making derogatory/snide comments towards him.

As crimson mentioned, he is not new trophy hunter, just a trophy hunter with a new account.

And no, I don't expect him to get UR plats, but getting a few Rares/Very Rares instead of wall of Commons wouldn't be that hard, wouldn't you say so? ;)

Look at the comparison.

Shana has (excluding PRD prepared games) 8 eligible plats, non of which are Common. There are 5 Rares, 2 Very Rares (yea, DOA is no longer UR :/) and one UR.

Compared to that, CJ has 19 Plats and... only 3 are rares, rest are Uncommons/Commons.

If this is meant to be a fair race, wouldn't you say they should at least have similar circumstances? =)

Can you expect people to cheer for him if he started working on harder to Plat games in the middle of competition when he already has a head start?

But that's just my opinion, guess we don't need to argue about someone else's competition :)

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 2

As crimson mentioned, he is not new trophy hunter, just a trophy hunter with a new account.

And no, I don't expect him to get UR plats, but getting a few Rares/Very Rares instead of wall of Commons wouldn't be that hard, wouldn't you say so? ;)

Look at the comparison.

Shana has (excluding PRD prepared games) 8 eligible plats, non of which are Common. There are 5 Rares, 2 Very Rares (yea, DOA is no longer UR :/) and one UR.

Compared to that, CJ has 19 Plats and... only 3 are rares, rest are Uncommons/Commons.

If this is meant to be a fair race, wouldn't you say they should at least have similar circumstances? =)

Can you expect people to cheer for him if he started working on harder to Plat games in the middle of competition when he already has a head start?

OKAY. OKAY. I get the point.

And yes, I am not ashamed to admit that (a) This is my third account which has trophies on it, ( B) Accounts #1(PrinnyBoy) and #2(Maphantom) were not really serious in their efforts (though to be fair, PrinnyBoy nearly got the platinum on Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, with a defeated Sephiroth and Ice Titan, I just needed Gummi Ship Collector) and © I admit that 85% of my games are stuff that are common or uncommon platinums. But (x) I am more respectful to my games and doubled-up X-Blaze is my most shameful platinum to date.

2016-04-12-170030.jpg1L280f71.png

Anyways, I got another platinum, Criminal Girls Invite Only. Before you say a word, I am not that kind of guy. I was more into the backstories of the girls rather than doing weird things to their bodies in the motivation mini-games. :ninja: And yes, it's still uncommon but it wasn't easy for me to get by any means.

Shaitan was a troll and ZERO gave me a Game Over

Edited by DetectiveCJ

1Ldb02bc.png 1Sffb10c.png 1L5bea2a.png 1S3a3a8e.png

There's 2 more to add to the prepared pile too bad 1 of these is worth no points but at least it can help with votes I suppose, I will add Ratchet Deadlocked/Gladiator/ラチェット&クランク4th:ギリギリ銀河のギガバトル what ever title you know it by is a complete joke in difficulty and the skill points are more of amount rather than any sort of difficulty. 

Good for you, I added those to the list. I'm playing LEGO Avengers for PS4 right now(gotten from GameFly) so that will be another trophy to the pile. (I've cleared all the story missions so I just need to get through them on Free Play and then get 100% collectibles.) After that, I am going to focus on the Disgaeas.

I'll look into Ratchet Deadlocked sometime if the skill points are a joke. I played through to the end on the PS2 version and it was a bit challenging for me.

Edited by DetectiveCJ

whoo.png

My 32nd Platinum, earned at 5:16 AM, earned in 5 days and 13 hours. The reason it's not 100% is because of DLC which I do not intend to play as I am not as interested in 100% of this game as I was with LEGO Batman 3 as I am puking tired of LEGO games. :( (This is also why this post didn't get as big a hoo-hah as the other games.)

Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time is now prepared and ready this was such a joke to complete even on hard and challenge mode wasn't a challenge with the RYNO. I also am unsure where the rage for My Blaster Runs really, Really Hot comes from as I cleared that easily on my 2nd attempt.

1L69536e.png1Se3657b.png

• Like 1

Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time is now prepared and ready this was such a joke to complete even on hard and challenge mode wasn't a challenge with the RYNO. I also am unsure where the rage for My Blaster Runs really, Really Hot comes from as I cleared that easily on my 2nd attempt.

Wow, I'm not really that good at Robotron type games. :unsure: I kept getting my butt handed to me by the robots. I had gotten very close(9000) before Qwark got killed by a sniper tank. But I am on that game now and plan to get it prepared too. I just need to tear myself away from Wizard101 and Disgaea 5.  :lol:

Great job, Kochiya.

Edited by DetectiveCJ

And a platinum earned this time with me finally conquering Shambhala's 9-10 and a platinum for Baka Hentai! as well:

1L36fed4.png1S089fab.png

This was a fun game all the trophies are easy until Shambhala and this is definitely a game you can't really set up for PRD either unless you go through with another playthrough and even then it depends on 2 things.

Will probably have Criminal Girls done next unless another game gets my attention.

EDIT:

Oh and if we count the PRD platinums now there is only a 3 point difference.

Edited by Kochiya Shana
  • Like 1

And a platinum earned this time with me finally conquering Shambhala's 9-10 and a platinum for Baka Hentai! as well:

1L36fed4.png1S089fab.png

This was a fun game all the trophies are easy until Shambhala and this is definitely a game you can't really set up for PRD either unless you go through with another playthrough and even then it depends on 2 things.

Will probably have Criminal Girls done next unless another game gets my attention.

EDIT:

Oh and if we count the PRD platinums now there is only a 3 point difference.

Yeah, I know, I should be focusing on my other games but I've been really having fun with Digimonstory Cybersleuth. Started Chapter 10 now. :) Added the platinum to your list.

Is it just me, or does a lot of this thread just seem to hate and demean DetectiveCJ?

I mean, I don't understand why you two chose to start this with each other, specifically. But I just get the impression Kochiya looks down upon and loathes you to be honest, CJ

You acknowledge and congratulate Kochiya's achievements, but you don't seem to get acknowledged in return, or at all. I'd have just pulled out by now if I were you

Anyways, you seem like a pretty nice guy. I'm late in voting, but fuck it, I'll vote for you

I BELIEVE IN YOU!!! 

Just read through all 8 pages.

Added a vote for CJ. :)

Man even if you lose CJ, you have my vote. You need some recognition.

Thanks guys, you make me feel so... happy! *sniffle* ^_^

I don't mind if I lose, I've lost to a girl who knows how to trophy hunt. I'm just glad I got some recognition. :D :D

Edited by DetectiveCJ

• 3 weeks later...