Platinum Race of Honor: DetectiveCJ vs. Kochiya Shana

Platinum Race: DetectiveCJ vs. Kochiya Shana  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the platinum race?

And another platinum earned too bad it won't count for points but should still look nice and be on display.

#147 CHAOS;CHILD

1Sd66dcd.png

#5 for this year

Well that's a step closer to #150 and also gets me the platinum rank in the 5pb. Science and Adventure Series PP when it starts so guess it wasn't pointless earning this.

Good luck, both of you. Be sure to pull off some neat URs while you're at it  :wave:

I have a few UR planned for the year but some aren't all that special but mainly going to focus on games in certain PPs as well as other games I enjoy.

A few planned are:

• Soul Calibur V
  • BlazBlue: Continuum Shift
  • BlazBlue: CHRONOPHANTASMA EXTEND
  • Arcana Heart 3
  • Arcana Heart 3: Love Max!!!!!
  • SAO: Hollow Fragment
  • Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2
  • Devil May Cry 4
  • Sonic Unleashed
  • Like 2

I have a few UR planned for the year but some aren't all that special but mainly going to focus on games in certain PPs as well as other games I enjoy.

A few planned are:

• Soul Calibur V
  • BlazBlue: Continuum Shift
  • BlazBlue: CHRONOPHANTASMA EXTEND
  • Arcana Heart 3
  • Arcana Heart 3: Love Max!!!!!
  • SAO: Hollow Fragment
  • Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2
  • Devil May Cry 4
  • Sonic Unleashed

Sounds like a plan, nice, and pretty good list too. Hopefully you'll end up getting even more than that :D

CJ, you better take this seriously too bud :)

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm not taking this lightly! As I said, I have Disgaea 3 and 4 for Vita and Disgaea D2 and Disgaea 5 on my trophy list. I'll be working on them over the year. Also, I have other games planned out in the future...

1La740a6.png 0.14% - Ultra Rare

Yep, I am going to spend my entire weekend(since Gamefly's delivery of the Sly Cooper collection for PS3 has somehow vanished into the pit of voles and I had to notify them so they could send a new copy :angry: ) playing Spheda and platinuming this little gem. Now, if you don't want me to get this as an ultra-rare, everyone reading this had better download and plat this game! :spank: :spank: :spank: :spank:

J/K, I didn't mean to be like that, but this game is awesome and I bet a few of you played Dark Cloud 2 when it was on PS2; now it's got a trophy list. (Sadly, they did not fix the dialogue bug in Chapter 3 with Dr. Dell. Oh well.  :S  )

I bet the other PS2 reboots are also ultra-rare too since nobody plays them. :dunno:

EDIT: Found out that the prequel, Dark Cloud, has only an uncommon platinum. Probably because people are spamming it due to the Broken Dagger glitch that makes getting to the end a cakewalk. ;)

Edited by DetectiveCJ
  • Like 1

Added those two platinums you got and noted the other one which doesn't count.

I have been busy all day working on Dark Cloud 2;

I've gotten 50% of the medals for Medalhead and the only story related trophies I need are the last two, but I plan to wait until I get 100% Medals in the Moonflower Palace since it vanishes after you beat the Dark Element; I've already gotten half of Monica's ultimate weapons for that trophy(Five-Star Armlet, but it still needs to be maxxed out, no pun intended ;), to stand a chance against the bosses of the final dungeon - it need 130 more attack. Also building up Max's Supernova.

As such I have 49% of the trophies in that game, which is still Ultra Rare at this time(0.60% of gamers played it) - will it remain so by New Year's into 2017? We'll see...

Right now I am knocking out another plat for the original Dark Cloud, which has a bunch of no-brainer trophies. 50% of them are earned before Chapter 2. Oh, and don't think I am being lazy - GameFly is having troubles delivering my rentals to me(I got a mail from them saying they're delivering LEGO Lord of the Rings for Vita when they have yet to deliver those two games they promised two weeks ago!) and I still have Rogue Galaxy so I can do that platinum(which is ALSO Ultra Rare - 4.08% - at this time). So if you think I'm a coward for not sinking days into a game and platinuming easy games like LEGO Avengers(which I hear is going to be like LEGO Batman 3, which sounds cool), then think again. GameFly just needs to get to work with the US Postal Service and get the games to me on TIME. :(

Edited by DetectiveCJ
  • Like 1

Snip

Looks like someone hasn't gotten over a certain little mock :giggle:

Just kidding.

Take it easy mate, nobody is thinking anything ill 'bout ya over here.

On a serious note, nice job and keep it up! :D

Edited by Lord_of_Ra

Good for you, Kochiya! ^_^

I went to the old Gamestop after I found I had a lot of money in my bank account and bought a used copy of Jak collection, working on J&D as my 20th plat. I'm also multitasking with P4G and Sly 2 on both Vita and PS3. (I need to return the Sly Collection to Gamefly someday, lolz. xD) So after J&D (I hate the zoomer bike :angry: ) one of those will be my 21st platinum. ;)

EDIT:

Platinum No. 201L9c00f5.png

Took some time but finally got the Platinum for Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy. Now I can focus of both version of Sly 2: Band of Thieves, Persona 4 Golden and whatnot. ^_^

Edited by DetectiveCJ

1L82705e.png

1S5bc069.png

Finally done the #150 platinum has been earned and I am quite happy it is finally done, now what shall I get as my next platinum?

Should I put this in the list? Sorry for asking but I regret having not updated the main post with my own platinums recently. :(

Also, closing in on one of the Sly 2 platinums(I know doubling up is considered a sin by some but if you like the game's story, why not double your fun? ^_^).

Yes, my #150 counts I would say if it didn't like I did for Chaos;Child and I know a fair few people would say whether any of my platinums don't fit the rules for points or not.

I am curious are you going to get anything besides the Sly, Jak, Lego and maybe Persona platinum as I have a lot lined up which are almost guaranteed and a fair few are UR and won't be dropping from it anytime soon.

I suppose I will list a few I have planned most are for PP threads but a few others aren't:

Only placing started games.

Se41334.png Sd969fa.png S020a1f.png Sdd8ff5.png S72ba1f.png S2bbe3a.png Saaac37.png

S084875.png S648d94.png Sc6ca17.png S166eac.png S10e821.png S7a471d.png S6418d5.png

Sf00dbc.png S959c15.png S1a525a.png Sbf082c.png

Sa0210e.png Scd9f3e.png

Sa60041.png

Non-PP related at current at least for me.

S259edd.png S804597.png S8a7bb0.png Sab78dc.png S26548a.png Sfb8f0b.png S8c1181.png S68edbf.png S2e2b4f.png 

*Of these listed 8 are guaranteed to remain UR so have fun~

There are more and some may change but otherwise this is just some of what I have planned so you may want to pick your game up as I may be behind slightly for now but I do have a fair few pretty much guaranteed and then there is the Platinum Rain Day to keep an eye on as well.

Yes, my #150 counts I would say if it didn't like I did for Chaos;Child and I know a fair few people would say whether any of my platinums don't fit the rules for points or not.

I am curious are you going to get anything besides the Sly, Jak, Lego and maybe Persona platinum as I have a lot lined up which are almost guaranteed and a fair few are UR and won't be dropping from it anytime soon.

You forgot Ratchet and Clank. ;)

I do have other games planned, including every Disgaea Game save the original Disgaea 3 and 4, but those will be on the list eventually, maybe next year, and most of the Disgaea games are currently Ultra Rare. The problem is I have to get my games through GameFly as I am not currently employed and the money I have is limited and I can't just spend money like water because I won't have a home or the electricity to play my games if I don't pay rent and utilities. (I could go back to live with my parents, but since my mom is recovering from neck complications, dad will put me in military school if I did that. He's paying my medical expenses and helping me shop for food.) Not everybody has a ton of cash.

The games I do own own that I have not platinumed yet are in the spoiler:

S863085.pngS506da9.pngSa84bdf.pngS2b98b6.pngSfa64ec.pngS4b4d3d.pngSc1510a.pngSd8a6f7.pngSe19b2e.pngSe4df23.pngS385a21.pngSf20948.pngSly 2 for VitaS4cfc1c.pngS8396eb.pngSd02a03.pngSde3174.png

That's an interesting line up you've got for a plat race. Let's see if you've platted them all before I get the SO4 plat. :P.

Well, I did waste today on a computer game but tomorrow I will definitely work on completing Sly 2 for Vita and then work on Sly 3 so I can send the disc I have back to GameFly. (They have been shipping me odd games lately and the Q is messed up but hopefully I will get a game in a week, they are shipping Teslagrad for PS4.) After that I'll focus on Ratchet and Clank and in late February and early March I will start work on the other games. (I have Dark Cloud at over 50%, just need to beat the game and get some miscellaneous stuff, thank gawd they didn't put in a trophy for the Demon Shaft - I hate 100-floor grinds. Also have Dark Cloud 2 at a decent %, I just need to get all of the medals in Moonflower Palace before I fight the boss there.)

EDIT: 1S79c630.png Got Platinum for Sly 2 for Vita, but it won't show up on my profile until I update it in an hour, I just synced my trophies and I updated this profile before that happened so it didn't pick up the last two trophies. :(

Edited by DetectiveCJ

I might just put Sly 3 on hold until i buy the Collection physically - the challenges are the most B.S. part of the game and I keep failing most of them so it'll probably end up on my PRD list the way things are going. (I completed a few challenges but the half-health and timed challenges are frustration incarnate.) For now I will focus on completing the story and getting the 75% Cooper trophy and then returning the disc to GameFly so I can free up a slot for LEGO Avengers and other games on my Q. It's not like the Sly Collection is expensive or anything. :P I just need to take a break from platforming/adventures for a month or so.

Speaking on PRD, I plan on putting all the Kingdom Hearts game on that list so I have stuff to look forward to in August. Great job on reaching the BlazBlue Continuum Shift plat, Kochiya.

EDIT: Nevermind, I sent the Sly Collection back after one BS mission in Episode 4 involving RC cars. I'll buy the collection later. I'm going to just go back to Persona 4 Golden, which does NOT piss me off with jerkwad RC cars. (Sorry, I am just in pure rage mode after failing a mission a zillion times, I need to play RPGs to calm me down. Why is the trophy difficulty so low? The challenges are IMPOSSIBLE for me to complete!!!! :shakefist: ) (I am not saying that I will leave Sly 3 in backlog Hell forever, but right now I don't want to waste the rest of 2016 playing that sole game.)

Edited by DetectiveCJ