Platinum Race of Honor: DetectiveCJ vs. Kochiya Shana

Platinum Race: DetectiveCJ vs. Kochiya Shana  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the platinum race?

I switched my vote to DetectiveCJ, I like his spirit but now the poll is almost a tie.

Shana's points don't reflect her games that she has prepared for Platinum Rainy Day. Once that comes around and she gets all of those plats, the score will be a lot closer than you'd think.

EDIT: Ignore this. I misread "tie" as "lie" and I can't figure out how to delete a post on mobile, even with the full site. :facepalm:

Edited by Walter-kun
  • Like 1

Thanks for all the support everyone. I'm being held hostage by MapleStory, but come June, I'll be working on some games for the Summer Backlog challenge so I should be getting trophies more regularly in the summer. ^_^

Don't knock Shana either - she has consistent platinums and she knows what she likes. If she wins, it'll be because she's more diligent in her trophy hunting than I am. ;)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Forgot to add the most recent platinum I got ten days ago, Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal. Ironically, it was in the last Platinum Rain Day roster on my old account. xD This is also from my Summer Backlog challenge.

1Le84a33.png

It's been a long time since I last visited this thread. Wasn't expecting to see any activity here. Time to get rid of all the dust.

tumblr_nnzy777w221s8lk9fo1_500.gif

I like the Snow White GIF - speaking of Snow White, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep(where she appears) is due to be in the platinum list probably by the end of August - I made a vow to platinum all four Remix games before 2.8 came out. Kochiya-sama may close the gap a lot with her 10 PRD plats, but I've got three more games for my Summer Backlog and have just started LEGO Dimensions, so that's another plat. I admit LEGO plats are a cop-out but I love LEGO Dimensions and all of its various franchises, and it was worth $130 to play around with the 12th Doctor. ^_^

As for any UR? Well, I have four Disgaea games sitting around 50%, so I might have to cancel my Wizard101 accounts to get to them. ;)

1L174090.png1L79e920.png1Lc3c1f7.png1L6c6ade.png1L6f7785.png

Seriously, Kochiya-sama... I know this thread hasn't been monitored for a couple of months due to various Pokemon-related incidents, but you shouldn't be hiding platinums under your kimono like that! :awesome: I still would like to see how far you've gotten. While looking through your trophy log to get up to date with your trophies, I found these babies in your log since May 6, when you posted your last trophy. I know that a couple of them are visual novels and thus don't qualify, but I do plan on putting the Ratchet and Clank, Megatagmension and Blazblue trophies in your list since they are actual games.

Also, found your platinum for the reboot of Ratchet and Clank for PS4, one of the games in my Summer Backlog challenge. I really enjoyed the game and wondered what you thought of it.

EDIT: To Kochiya, if you want to explain the situation on some of these summer platinums, please let me know. I put down the trophies on the list and you've passed me already.

Edited by DetectiveCJ

For starters you have somehow skipped a platinum of mine and marked a game with 3PS gameplay as a VN, also it is 4 UR now not 5 due to a game becoming more common.

0 points:

1S3a3a8e.png1S04a23b.png1Sf081ed.png

1 points:

1S4aaccb.png1S821bee.png1S6b7bfe.png1Se3657b.png1Sffb10c.png1Sb0280e.png1S6f7b2e.png1S85e41d.png1Sc4d996.png1S824bbb.png

2 Points:

1S473173.png1S3714a8.png1S2af031.png

Well let's see busy going through things still that I don't want to talk about as well as setting up my #10,000 trophy milestone and certain people know I've been focused on other things. I also noticed you got another Lego platinum after I am pretty sure you said you'd quit or wouldn't play another?

As for games Ratchet reboot was good but prefer the original.

• Like 1

I like the Snow White GIF - speaking of Snow White, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep(where she appears) is due to be in the platinum list probably by the end of August - I made a vow to platinum all four Remix games before 2.8 came out.

Good luck with that, KH Chain of Memories is quite a grind and I hear the highest difficulty in KH2 and Birth by Sleep can be brutal at times. I still have to play the latter 2 on the PS3.

For starters you have somehow skipped a platinum of mine and marked a game with 3PS gameplay as a VN, also it is 4 UR now not 5 due to a game becoming more common.

0 points:

1S3a3a8e.png1S04a23b.png1Sf081ed.png

1 points:

1S4aaccb.png1S821bee.png1S6b7bfe.png1Se3657b.png1Sffb10c.png1Sb0280e.png1S6f7b2e.png1S85e41d.png1Sc4d996.png1S824bbb.png

2 Points:

1S473173.png1S3714a8.png1S2af031.png

Well let's see busy going through things still that I don't want to talk about as well as setting up my #10,000 trophy milestone and certain people know I've been focused on other things. I also noticed you got another Lego platinum after I am pretty sure you said you'd quit or wouldn't play another?

Ok, I'll fix that. Sorry about that. Thanks for clarifying. (I think I put the platinums which aren't worth points in the right spot, though I apologize for mistaking a game for a VN - since they're all in Japanese I can't tell which games are VNs and which are actual games. If I missed one again and it should be counted, please let me know ASAP.)

As for games Ratchet reboot was good but prefer the original.

Yeah, there is a certain nostalgia with the original. Though I think that Insomniac really fixed a few plot points up with the reboot(for example, I felt that the whole Clank being duped by Captain Qwark thing in the original was stupid), I really liked how they gave out the dialogue in the original. :) To each their own.

Edited by DetectiveCJ
  • Like 1

Ok, I'll fix that. Sorry about that. Thanks for clarifying. (I think I put the platinums which aren't worth points in the right spot, though I apologize for mistaking a game for a VN - since they're all in Japanese I can't tell which games are VNs and which are actual games. If I missed one again and it should be counted, please let me know ASAP.)

Yeah, there is a certain nostalgia with the original. Though I think that Insomniac really fixed a few plot points up with the reboot(for example, I felt that the whole Clank being duped by Captain Qwark thing in the original was stupid), I really liked how they gave out the dialogue in the original. :) To each their own.

All you did was add the game you somehow overlooked 1S6b7bfe.png but the game you have given 0 points wrongfully is still in 0 points:

1S85e41d.png- Not a VN.

Weren't you guys only excluding skippable VNs (<12hrs fastest achievers according to the rule)?

You can just look at the leaderboard of the specific game :)

And one additional criteria. If the Plat is not common/uncommon, it's most likely not a VN.

which are actual games. 

This hurts.

• Like 2

Weren't you guys only excluding skippable VNs (<12hrs fastest achievers according to the rule)?

That was what I thought and had stated at the beginning but...

You can just look at the leaderboard of the specific game :)

This is true.

And one additional criteria. If the Plat is not common/uncommon, it's most likely not a VN.

This is true for the most part.

This hurts.

It really does.

Ok, I can't break this up how I'd like too... so I'll reply in the quote with bold.

All you did was add the game you somehow overlooked 1S6b7bfe.png but the game you have given 0 points wrongfully is still in 0 points:

1S85e41d.png- Not a VN.

Okay, sorry. I don't play those games so I didn't know. I fixed that.

By the way, should I put the trophy I put down for Platinum Rain Day in the list now that it's August 20?

Edited by DetectiveCJ

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
26 minutes ago, soultaker655 said:

So, who won?

Still about 6 hours left...

Honestly I lost interest in this due to very poor updates which only affected my platinums even when I posted the information here...

But going just by platinums sync'd at current:

• Detective - 34 points (his card isn't up to date yet his profile is?)
  • Me - 38 points

That's with 2 platinums not counting for him and 8 not counting for me.

Edited by Kochiya Shana
4 points got added after a quick look
  • Like 1

The event has ended. I'll tally up the points and we'll have a winner. Sorry I was late in updating.

EDIT: I am trying to sift through Kochiya's list of trophies to find all of her platinums as I missed a few since I haven't been keeping up with her profile. Will send a result tally soon.

EDIT 2: I can't do a result yet because I do not Japanese and thus cannot determine whether the following platinums qualify or are VNs. Can someone please(preferably Kochiya) help me with the following titles? I cannot put them on the list until I am sure they are not VNs. (I know CLANNAD is a VN as I've seen it described in a Youtube video.)

1S6c3742.png1S126501.png1S1fa150.png

Edited by DetectiveCJ

The winner is decided... Kochiya-Shana! Final Score: 39 (4 ultra rare Platinums and 35 games)

My score: 36 (36 platinums, no Ultra Rares)

I did do my best and got over 30 platinums. (For some reason I know I have earned 36 in this year, but a couple of missing.) HOWEVER, Kochiya was working in the shadows to earn a TON of hard platinums, including two games I have played - Ratchet and Clank for the PS4(which I was surprised by and had also gotten the platinum on) and Dragon Quest Heroes(which I STILL haven't gotten the plat on yet, she's very diligent!)

Also, she's hit a bunch of really hard games I couldn't even hope to touch like Dragonball Xenoverse and Megadimension Neptunia VII. So she wins by the fact that she remained focused on getting platinums(I didn't - I got sidetracked by Pokemon Sun and Moon. :( )

Great race, Kochiya. I humbly apologize for anything I might have said to provoke you in the past and hope we can still be good friends. Also, I'll never diss Visual Novels again. You do you. ^_^

I declared this thread finished and request that anyone who can to please lock this thread. Sayonara! ;)

Edited by DetectiveCJ
  • Like 1

Congrats with the win Shana :yay: .

I remember reading something about voting for who got the best plats. DetectiveCJ got Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep and Ni No Kuni, both of which requires lots of work and the latter one can have very unforgiving RNG. Ratchet & Clank 3 is also one of my favourite games. Then there are some nice images like KH BBS and the Jak games.

Shana got lots of time-consuming and hard plats, like BlazBlue, Eiyuu Senki, Sonic Unleashed, DBZ Xenoverse, DBZ Xenoverse 2, God Eater, Dragon Quest Heroes, and Megadimension. Ratchet & Clank A Crack in Time is another one of my favourite games. Some images I like are Sword Art Online Lost Song, Valkyrie Drive, Dead or Alive Xtreme 3, Nights of Azure, and Xenoverse 2.

All in all I think Shana got the better plats during this competition.

Sasuga Shana-tan!

Congratulations!

52 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Shana got lots of time-consuming and hard plats, like BlazBlue, Eiyuu Senki, Sonic Unleashed, DBZ Xenoverse, DBZ Xenoverse 2, God Eater, Dragon Quest Heroes, and Megadimension. Ratchet & Clank A Crack in Time is another one of my favourite games. Some images I like are Sword Art Online Lost Song, Valkyrie Drive, Dead or Alive Xtreme 3, Nights of Azure, and Xenoverse 2.

You forgot Ro-Kyu-Bu :P