Splatterhouse Week!

bf525394e5abb82848547c4186c70a7e.png

MOVIE WEEK

This week I have been marathoning classic and modern splatterhouse films. I decided to involve you guys here on PSNP as a fun event, I don't know. I am a huge fan of splatterhouse and exploitation horror, and wanted to share the love. So, what I decided to do was create a thread where I list all the films I have watched in the genre this week, and have you guys recommend films and take part in it. I don't know how well this will go over or if it will take off at all, but I thought it would be a neat change of pace from the PP threads and We Plays. Anyway, below is my list of splatterhouse films. Red text indicates series currently in progress.

• My Bloody Valentine (series, 1st film)
  • A Serbian Film
  • Halloween (series)
  • Friday the 13th (series, films 1-4)
  • The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (series, 1974, 2003, The Beginning)
  • A Nightmare on Elm Street (series, films 1-3, 2010)
  • Freddy vs Jason
  • A Bay of Blood
  • House of 1000 Corpses
  • The Devil's Rejects
  • Hostel (series)
  • The ABC's of Death (series, 1st film)
  • I Spit on Your Grave
  • 13 Ghosts
  • Feast
  • Wrong Turn (series, films 1 &2)

As stated above, feel free to suggest your own splatterhouse films for me to watch!

EDIT: I don't know why the spacing is all screwed up. I can't get it to stop that.

EDIT 2: Added series denoter.

Edited by Darth Remi Helghast

If you like classic splatter movies then you have to check out Reanimator. It's easily my favourite splatter movie with heaps of over-the-top gore and that infamous oral scene. If you can get your hands on them, I'd also recommend Peter Jacksons first 3 movies, Bad Taste (a sheep gets blown up with a RPG), Meet The Feebles (you know you want to see a walrus have sex with a cat) and Brain Dead aka Dead-Alive (said to be the goriest movie ever).

You should also check out Blood Feast from 1963 directed by the 'godfather of gore' Herschell Gordon Lewis. The gore is totally unrealistic but it's considered to be the first ever splatter movie so it's an absolute classic.

Edited by FilmFanatic
  • Like 1

If you like classic splatter movies then you have to check out Reanimator. It's easily my favourite splatter movie with heaps of over-the-top gore and that infamous oral scene. If you can get your hands on them, I'd also recommend Peter Jacksons first 3 movies, Bad Taste (a sheep gets blown up with a RPG), Meet The Feebles (you know you want to see a walrus have sex with a cat) and Brain Dead aka Dead-Alive (said to be the goriest movie ever).

You should also check out Blood Feast from 1963 directed by the 'godfather of gore' Herschell Gordon Lewis. The gore is totally unrealistic but it's considered to be the first ever splatter movie so it's an absolute classic.

Thanks for the recommendations! I've heard of Brain Dead and Blood Feast but haven't been able to find either movies unfortunately. If I manage to find them, I'll let you know what I think!