Trophy thoughts?

liwenborg

While I agree on the similarities of both Yarny and the sackboy, I feel the need to defend the developers...This Unravel looks and plays really good; the platforming is nothing special but it reminds me more of LIMBO than LBP, the puzzles are clever and fun to solve and the atmosphere has great potential.

EA has only financed a project of indipendent developers, they're trying to paint a better image of themselves like Ubisoft did back in 2013 with Valiant Hearts and Child of light. I'd like a retail version but I could end up buying it sooner.

Still doesn't change the fact that it's a quaint British narrator and some personal environmental customization away from looking mighty suspicious. I wouldn't put it past Coldwood to frame their pitch like "It's just like LBP and Tearaway, except instead of burlap and construction paper, it's yarn." And EA was like "Shut up and take our money!" because they knew all about the gobs of cash LBP makes.

This game gives me the LIMBO feeling. Gonna pick it up later today (hopefully with Yarny) :D

It looks cool, Happy that it doesnt cost as much as some other cool looking indie game (looking at you the witness)

The witness was in development for ~8 years by 1 guy. Art costs money :P

This game gives me the LIMBO feeling. Gonna pick it up later today (hopefully with Yarny) :D

The witness was in development for ~8 years by 1 guy. Art costs money :P

Ikr, but still as a normal consumer i wouldnt pay that price.

The witness is looking beautifull en mind fucking. Put for 40 euros i can also play batman.

I'm Batman

• 6 years later...

Seriously, guys, this platinum is NOT 3/10 by any means. I spent three days trying to get past chapter 5 without dying and it's hard, no luck so far. I can't imagine how chapter 7 will be like. I think who makes guides here underestimate the games' difficulty. It's not the first time that happened to me: a nice looking game, with a low difficulty platinum on a guide and then I got screwed.

I never imagined that a little game like Unravel would have screwed my 100% trophy average. I truely come to hate this game.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Hvalpen said:

You just need to git gud, honestly. You are used to playing easy games, so any actual challenge will seem hard at first

Actually I made some not-so-easy platinums so far.

I can't restart a chapter again and again. Repetitiviness makes mistakes more common.

6 minutes ago, FulgidoLucio said:

Actually I made some not-so-easy platinums so far.

I can't restart a chapter again and again. Repetitiviness makes mistakes more common.

I have always found it easier to quit it for a bit.. play something else and then come back to it later.. but as you are someone that needs to maintain a 100% account that might be kinda hard

Edited by craig_obviously
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, craig_obviously said:

I have always found it easier to quit it for a bit.. play something else and then come back to it later.. but as you are someone that needs to maintain a 100% account that might be kinda hard

Done. I played chapter 5 for two days, then I played something totally different for three days. Nothing.

How can someone think this could be a 3/10? 9 hours? Drunkness, maybe?

And why did my first post disappeared?

Edited by FulgidoLucio

2 minutes ago, FulgidoLucio said:

And why did my first post disappeared?

Because you already posted in the guides comments, where this rant belongs, for that guides writer to consider and this was just spamming the same content where it didn't belong. But since people have already started reply, I've restored it.

3 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Because you already posted in the guides comments, where this rant belongs, for that guides writer to consider and this was just spamming the same content where it didn't belong. But since people have already started reply, I've restored it.

Oh, I'm sorry. I won't do it again.

Edited by FulgidoLucio

17 minutes ago, FulgidoLucio said:

How can someone think this could be a 3/10?

I agree with the guide listing Unravel as a 3/10 in difficulty.  In all honesty, it will become a 2/10 difficulty once you get out of your own head and learn from your mistakes.  Take a deep breath and relax.  Practice makes perfect.

Edited by jpmelville

1 hour ago, jpmelville said:

I agree with the guide listing Unravel as a 3/10 in difficulty.  In all honesty, it will become a 2/10 difficulty once you get out of your own head and learn from your mistakes.  Take a deep breath and relax.  Practice makes perfect.

It makes sense, but my main problem with chapter 5 is in the very last two minutes. On some occasion I can't jump fast enough to be safe from the big rock rolling down the slick path and, a little bit further, there's a knot particularly hard to reach. I swing several times, it must be a very short swing because the knot is near and high, but I can't reach it and I die. The first 10 minutes of this chapter over and over again.

Edited by FulgidoLucio

• 3 months later...
On 4/12/2022 at 6:27 PM, FulgidoLucio said:

Seriously, guys, this platinum is NOT 3/10 by any means. I spent three days trying to get past chapter 5 without dying and it's hard, no luck so far. I can't imagine how chapter 7 will be like. I think who makes guides here underestimate the games' difficulty. It's not the first time that happened to me: a nice looking game, with a low difficulty platinum on a guide and then I got screwed.

I never imagined that a little game like Unravel would have screwed my 100% trophy average. I truely come to hate this game.

Did you finish it eventually? I made a guide for Chapter 7: