Thoughts on the trophies? (Street Fighter V)

Aranea Highwind

Wow if capcom knew better they wouldn't have added this fucking trophy in the first place to get to gold league. I wanted to enjoy a damn fighting game but bc I'm a completionist to get platinums I have to play online like a bitch. But still if they weren't going to implement a penalty for rage quitting in the first place then they shouldn't have added a trophy like gold league. It's THEIR fault. The hard core players can still have their fun while the trophy hunters won't harm anything by rage quitting. Gee Capcom wouldn't that have been smart? Unless they just add one league for a loss rather than losing league points. Then NO ONE will rage quit lol

Wow if capcom knew better they wouldn't have added this fucking trophy in the first place to get to gold league. I wanted to enjoy a damn fighting game but bc I'm a completionist to get platinums I have to play online like a bitch. But still if they weren't going to implement a penalty for rage quitting in the first place then they shouldn't have added a trophy like gold league. It's THEIR fault. The hard core players can still have their fun while the trophy hunters won't harm anything by rage quitting. Gee Capcom wouldn't that have been smart? Unless they just add one league for a loss rather than losing league points. Then NO ONE will rage quit lol

Damn this platinum must be brutal

It's not too bad.  The online is fairly easy, provided you know how to play fighting games.  I'm pretty sure you can boost online, but it's nowhere near as easy as it was in SSF4 to do so.  It's just a lot of grinding for the fight money.  

You can play the game offline.  You don't have to get the platinum.  The list was out for weeks and it was clear it would have online trophies, as most fighting games do.  So you didn't have to get the game...  Folks rage quit on the SF4 games, too.  So that's not true either.  You can get gold in roughly 175 matches or so like I did, and I suck....

• Like 1

It's not too bad.  The online is fairly easy, provided you know how to play fighting games.  I'm pretty sure you can boost online, but it's nowhere near as easy as it was in SSF4 to do so.  It's just a lot of grinding for the fight money.  

You can play the game offline.  You don't have to get the platinum.  The list was out for weeks and it was clear it would have online trophies, as most fighting games do.  So you didn't have to get the game...  Folks rage quit on the SF4 games, too.  So that's not true either.  You can get gold in roughly 175 matches or so like I did, and I suck....

Yeah, I just saw potential in this game, but like all games now I need to wait a month or two for them to patch it and make it complete. I'm total SF noob too and new to the series. I just need to practice more. I'm a Tekken fanboy and will always be. I can't wait for Tekken 7 to hit PS4! :-D 

How did you get gold so quickly though? Is there a good technique to use? 

Yeah, I just saw potential in this game, but like all games now I need to wait a month or two for them to patch it and make it complete. I'm total SF noob too and new to the series. I just need to practice more. I'm a Tekken fanboy and will always be. I can't wait for Tekken 7 to hit PS4! :-D 

How did you get gold so quickly though? Is there a good technique to use? 

If you're a Tekken fan, you should have no problem playing SF......  No technique.  I just won more than I lost.....

Also, don't play braindead like this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JN7v-ybpG4

Edited by grimydawg

I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one and say tekken is no where near like street fighter. And I'm sure any hardcore street fighter fan will say the same as tekken is a 3D fighter whereas street fighter is 2D.

I absolutely love tekken and grew up on it and am literally starting SF for the first time in my life.

I'm a definitely NOOB at street fighter. I'm having a terrible time playing street fighter as I hate not having the ability to push a button and see my fighter react to it instantly like tekken. Street fighter is sluggish to me (not hating on the game as it is a fine game!) it's just sluggish to ME. So I get frustrated easily with the game. Tekken flows better as a fighting game to me. I definitely made a mistake buying SF and getting the platinum. It may be the ONLY game in my list that I failed to platinum or 100%. It truly is sad bc it's my own fault for trying something new.

If ANYONE finds a way to boost to gold league I'm all for it.

I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one and say tekken is no where near like street fighter. And I'm sure any hardcore street fighter fan will say the same as tekken is a 3D fighter whereas street fighter is 2D.

I absolutely love tekken and grew up on it and am literally starting SF for the first time in my life.

I'm a definitely NOOB at street fighter. I'm having a terrible time playing street fighter as I hate not having the ability to push a button and see my fighter react to it instantly like tekken. Street fighter is sluggish to me (not hating on the game as it is a fine game!) it's just sluggish to ME. So I get frustrated easily with the game. Tekken flows better as a fighting game to me. I definitely made a mistake buying SF and getting the platinum. It may be the ONLY game in my list that I failed to platinum or 100%. It truly is sad bc it's my own fault for trying something new.

If ANYONE finds a way to boost to gold league I'm all for it.

Which is why I said you should have no problem playing SF.  It's the easiest 2D fighter.  Stop mashing buttons when you're not supposed to.... 

Edited by grimydawg

Lol it's true!! I'm not used to the mechanics! I'm a noob I say! At least I own it!

Stop mashing buttons or you'll get blown up.  Not hard to understand that.  I say you should have no problem with SF because it's a 2D fighter and it's the easiest series.

Stop mashing buttons or you'll get blown up.  Not hard to understand that.  I say you should have no problem with SF because it's a 2D fighter and it's the easiest series.

hey grimydawg, i'd like to challenge you!! would you like to play a couple rounds against

me?

hate online, but why not?  I can play a few minutes.

Played a set, got completely wrecked 3-0

Replay IDs: 217E71F, 217EB7F, 217F197

Very solid nash, no opening I could exploit at all. Thanks for playing me!