Thoughts on the trophies? (Street Fighter V)

Aranea Highwind

Trophies aren't too tough for a veteran player, but will take a lot of time because of the servers, loading times, and the grind for 1,000,000 FM.

I'm also surprised at the lack of people with a character at level 30.

http://psnprofiles.com/trophy/4326-STREET-FIGHTER-V/9-Slow-But-Steady-Wins-The-Race

One of three people in the world so far to have it thus far according to PSNProfiles.

Edited by Leonmyster

Why wait? It's not going to go on sale anytime soon so you'll have to pay the same price now as you would later.

The used version should be around 15$ by then and now content should be released by then. Non trophy wise, is the smartest decision, you are paying less for more.

Why wait? It's not going to go on sale anytime soon so you'll have to pay the same price now as you would later.

In June a story mode will be released and hopefully the online problems will be fixed, I don't think if I'll go for the platinum anyway.

The price will definitely drop by then,I always manage to buy second hand copies of games I'm interested for $30-40 after a month or so since their release; I don't see why this game should be any different. Furthermore I have many games to finish right now and my wallet is not exactly as heavy as I would like it to be. 

Trophies aren't too tough for a veteran player, but will take a lot of time because of the servers, loading times, and the grind for 1,000,000 FM.

I'm also surprised at the lack of people with a character at level 30.

http://psnprofiles.com/trophy/4326-STREET-FIGHTER-V/9-Slow-But-Steady-Wins-The-Race

One of three people in the world so far to have it thus far according to PSNProfiles.

How'd you actually get yours? I tried re-doing Easy Challenge and Story mode again but they were one-time exp gain. I guess it goes hand-to-hand with completing Hell difficulty challenge mode, which is why the trophy's currently that rare. Is that how you did it?

Just wanna add to those saying Gold League is easier than anticipated, I just got to 2500 LP, which is Silver Rank, that ranked me in the top 1400 in the world. Now my match-ups are most of the time against top 1500 players and I'm getting wrecked or barely winning. When you'll get past 3500 LP, you'll be fighting top 200 players in the world. Do you really think you can walk that park? Anyway, gonna keep trying!

Edited by minh2t

Just wanna add to those saying Gold League is easier than anticipated, I just got to 2500 LP, which is Silver Rank, that ranked me in the top 1400 in the world. Now my match-ups are most of the time against top 1500 players and I'm getting wrecked or barely winning. When you'll get past 3500 LP, you'll be fighting top 200 players in the world. Do you really think you can walk that park? Anyway, gonna keep trying!

Well, at that point you too will be one of the top 200 players in the world so I think you'll be able to do it. :)  

Edited by soultaker655

C to Shining C does take more time, but this one is a bit trickier. Not to mention the fact people can't boost this one nearly as easily, if at all. I was up to about 1500 last night and now I've dropped all the way to 900. I think of all my wins, 2 counted and the rest were disconnections or losses. It's discouraging, to say the least. Probably just going to try putting in a few hours each day and hoping it works out lol.

Right now it's just so rough because the game just released a few days ago. Since no one has LP yet, everyone is being matched with everyone, instead of being matched with people more their skill level. Give it a week or so, and it'll start to balance out. Also, if you just care about the trophy, and want to be a dick about it, you can rage quit if you're about to lose. As of right now, there's no penalty for it.

Good luck to you man. Anyone who has ascended to the gold league now has to be pretty damn good at this game and has some ridiculous skill level. If the same skill level players repeatedly play the game for months or even years on end they essentially lock out anyone else from getting to gold unless some new prodigy emerges. Its very comparable to having everyone try out for the NBA or a FIFA team, unless those pros stop playing the game they aren't going anywhere.

This is my thoughts as well. Depending what Capcom does, this trophy won´t get easier it will be harder since people will adept more and more. Making it tougher to rank up since you will fight good players all time when you reach a high rank. There isn´t any harder trophy when you have to put your skills on a fighting game against biggest fighting community.

Edited by DPatriot
  • Like 2

Good luck to you man. Anyone who has ascended to the gold league now has to be pretty damn good at this game and has some ridiculous skill level. If the same skill level players repeatedly play the game for months or even years on end they essentially lock out anyone else from getting to gold unless some new prodigy emerges. Its very comparable to having everyone try out for the NBA or a FIFA team, unless those pros stop playing the game they aren't going anywhere.

This doesn't make any sense. How does other people being higher skill, and placed into higher and higher leagues, block anyone out of the lower ones?

You're only going to be playing Silver people to get into Gold league, so no one going for Gold should ever go up against the people that have been playing for a long time. Once you're in Gold, that may be another story, depending on how many leagues are above Gold. Since it at least goes Gold, Super Gold, and then Ultra Gold. But even Ultra Gold is only around 6500 LP. Looking at the Replay search feature, the LP goes up past 30,000, so there should be higher leagues than just Gold for people to move into. I'm sure there's at least a Platinum league.

What you're saying, is like saying that getting onto the high school basketball team will be hard, because the NBA exists. Not just anyone can get onto the high school team, but you're not going up against pros for a spot.

It's going to get much easier to get into Gold as more time passes, I guarantee it.

Edited by ExHaseo
  • Like 1

You won't be playing strictly silver members, though. You'll be facing upper bronze players and gold players along with other silvers. Was watching the #2 guy playing yesterday and he still matched up with silvers regularly even at like 5500 LP. I'm hoping you're right that it will become a bit more feasible with time, but I'm not counting on it. I'm still trying to figure out who I want to use for the long run.

• Like 1

How about you guys try to get to around 2500 LP so that you'll have a better grasp of how it really is, it feels like you guys barely played a few match and already formed an opinion based on the lower leagues. I was thinking the exact same train of thought you guys had until I actually tried to go for the Gold Rank, anyway please play some more and reach the silver rank, because at the moment I really can't take your arguments seriously. (look in the first few pages, i honestly thought like you guys that this would be easier.)

Going from your NBA argument, it's rather like Soccer actually, some players may play all their life and never reach a 1st division team. The competition is THAT fierce. You'll only make it if you actually are skillful or you rage quit every lost to avoid the point losing. At the moment, Ultra silver and Gold are comprised of the top players in the world. You can spin that all you want but at the moment I completely disagree that everyone can make it to Gold League, it really is like an Olympian class reserved for the best.

Oh, on a side note, I'm definitely open to any friendly match with you guys ^^

How about you quit acting like having more points means you know more about it. Anybody can watch a stream of the top guys and get an idea of the competition from silver on up. It'd be like me telling you that you really shouldn't tell me what it takes to get to gold because you aren't there. xD That wouldn't make any sense. 

The premise of what he's saying makes sense. "The better players will be placed higher up, therefore you won't see as many good players in the lower ranks." The only problem is that he thinks you'll only face silver players on your way to gold and that's just not the case.  I'm just going to play here and there and hopefully get better over time but I'm really not expecting to get the gold league trophy to get any easier.

How about you quit acting like having more points means you know more about it. Anybody can watch a stream of the top guys and get an idea of the competition from silver on up. It'd be like me telling you that you really shouldn't tell me what it takes to get to gold because you aren't there. xD That wouldn't make any sense. 

The premise of what he's saying makes sense. "The better players will be placed higher up, therefore you won't see as many good players in the lower ranks." The only problem is that he thinks you'll only face silver players on your way to gold and that's just not the case.  I'm just going to play here and there and hopefully get better over time but I'm really not expecting to get the gold league trophy to get any easier.

Yeah I didn't mean to be condescending or anything in my post and it wasn't directed to everyone. So yeah, I agree and will shut up about it.

By the way, which characters are you liking so far? still no main?

This doesn't make any sense. How does other people being higher skill, and placed into higher and higher leagues, block anyone out of the lower ones?

Over time (if the server community stays populated) the leagues will be a lot more stable and it will be more difficult to ascend the ranks. If the game is constantly matching you against people of equal or greater skill  it becomes that much harder to win, this is true also with people in higher leagues. Consistent losing against people that are better than you will drop your rank possibly even your league. If you are a silver player who is just about to enter gold and keep losing to these ex Gold or newly gold players you wont get any further. Do these people not lock you out of Gold if you can't beat them.

What you're saying, is like saying that getting onto the high school basketball team will be hard, because the NBA exists. Not just anyone can get onto the high school team, but you're not going up against pros for a spot.

I didn't explain that very well. What I was trying to say is that if you were in the Silver League (College Basketball ) and trying to get in to Gold (NBA),  losing to those ex Gold  and top silver players will prevent you from getting to gold. The above example would only work if it took pro skill level to get into the Gold league. 

February 16ths gold league is easier to attain than February 23rds gold league. As everyone learns the game everyone does get better but they will eventually plateau and won't gain any movement in the ranks(if the severs stay active). If your skill level plateau's at the top of the silver league you have no where to go but down.

Right now since the game is new there will be a lot of league fluctuation. Over time after everyone finds there skill level the leagues won't fluctuate as much. As you get closer to your desired league you face off against not only your peers in the same league but also those in the higher leagues. It is at this point that if you lose too many games your rank drops and you don't get promoted.

Yes you wont be facing a Daigo type of player right at the start but there are people a  levels below him that could still wreck you just the same and if too many of them stand in the way of you getting to gold league, god help you.

There are a few instances that things could  get much easier over time. Someone who is stuck at the same league level could get higher if the competition (gold level and higher) starts to deplete, if better people leave the roadblocks that stopped you from getting any higher may  not be playing the game anymore.

The best thing to do is to try and play as much as you can early  while its still new to everyone. I don't understand how this could get easier over time if the same people maintain an active presence in the game.

Yeah I didn't mean to be condescending or anything in my post and it wasn't directed to everyone. So yeah, I agree and will shut up about it.

By the way, which characters are you liking so far? still no main?

Not yet. For all the hate I give Karin, I think I'm gonna give her a go. She seems neat. Bison seems amazing as well, but I've never been great at using charge characters.

However, the loss of points to someone of a higher rank is smaller. Thus, the more good players move up ranks, less damage they will cause to lower tiers' points. If you are Silver now, and lose to a pro player who is still a Bronze just trying to move up ranks, the loss will be devastating. Losing to that same player while he's up to Super Gold, for example, will take much fewer points.

Edited by Guimace

• 2 weeks later...

How'd you actually get yours? I tried re-doing Easy Challenge and Story mode again but they were one-time exp gain. I guess it goes hand-to-hand with completing Hell difficulty challenge mode, which is why the trophy's currently that rare. Is that how you did it?

Yes. Sorry for the late reply, I don't check this too much.

I completed all of the challenges for Ryu and then lots of matches (ranked and casual). Not hard.

Edited by Leonmyster

It's been three weeks since the game came out so if he/she did every characters normal, hard, and hell Survival mode, all of story mode, and spent a lot of time grinding online rank matches I can see them having one million fm by now.

Edited by soultaker655