Thoughts on the trophies? (Street Fighter V)

Aranea Highwind

Looks fun enough xugashi, isn't required for the platinum so that's what I meant, street v will probably end like driveclub with the add on trophies and that's great, more fun :D

• Like 1

Street Fighter V will launch DLC characters every month except June which will launch free DLC Story Mode instead. They say this goes until September but the people from Japan promise even more updates.

Lots of trophies incoming:

http://www.lazygamer.net/gaming-news/street-fighter-v-receive-monthly-dlc-characters-ps3-stick-support/

And challenge mode is coming on March. Thoughts?

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/02/11/street-fighter-vs-survival-challenge-modes-details-story-mode-costumes-revealed/

• Like 1

Because trials are awesome and thats what i was hoping in SFV for.

Gotcha. Wholeheartedly agree with you.

Looks like we'll be getting what we wanted, plus some extras.

Edited by Lord_of_Ra

It appears that this will not be anywhere near as easy as some people thought. Im always skeptical when we declare something to be easy without having gotten details first and heres why , taken from playstationtrophies.org from the author leptonic:

The hardest trophy in the game definitively. For this trophies is required to play only Ranked matches, Casual and Lounge matches won’t count.

Basically the thing is simple: have more wins than loses in ranked matches (in average terms). For a beginner players you are going to lose more matches than you win, so you need to practice a lot, I mean a lot!

Once you can reach your first promotion the players are going to be stronger and experienced, making this trophy very hard to normal players.

For every win you gain around +56 LP (League Points) and for every lose you will lose -24 LP aprox. So If you can manage to win the same fights than you lose (1-1) could take you around 32 fights to reach the first promotion, and 125 matches to reach the Silver League, this is only if you lose the same fights than you win. And you still need to reach Golden League! where the players are going to be pure rage.

League Ranking and points needed:

• 0 LP - Rookie League
  • 500 LP - Bronze League
  • 1,000 LP - Super Bronze League
  • 1,500 LP - Ultra Bronze League
  • 2,000 LP - Silver League
  • 3,000 LP - Super Silver League
  • 4,000 LP - Ultra Silver League
  • 5,000 LP - Gold League

Not that i had much of a chance beforehand but goodbye platinum.

^ That's an epic avatar. 

To think I almost bought this game. Haven't played a fighting game in years and thought I'd be able to ease into one that featured no trials. Uh, nope lol. Good luck to all the hardcore SF fans out there.

Edited by rotoninja
  • Like 1

It appears that this will not be anywhere near as easy as some people thought. Im always skeptical when we declare something to be easy without having gotten details first and heres why , taken from playstationtrophies.org from the author leptonic:

The hardest trophy in the game definitively. For this trophies is required to play only Ranked matches, Casual and Lounge matches won’t count.

Basically the thing is simple: have more wins than loses in ranked matches (in average terms). For a beginner players you are going to lose more matches than you win, so you need to practice a lot, I mean a lot!

Once you can reach your first promotion the players are going to be stronger and experienced, making this trophy very hard to normal players.

For every win you gain around +56 LP (League Points) and for every lose you will lose -24 LP aprox. So If you can manage to win the same fights than you lose (1-1) could take you around 32 fights to reach the first promotion, and 125 matches to reach the Silver League, this is only if you lose the same fights than you win. And you still need to reach Golden League! where the players are going to be pure rage.

League Ranking and points needed:

• 0 LP - Rookie League
  • 500 LP - Bronze League
  • 1,000 LP - Super Bronze League
  • 1,500 LP - Ultra Bronze League
  • 2,000 LP - Silver League
  • 3,000 LP - Super Silver League
  • 4,000 LP - Ultra Silver League
  • 5,000 LP - Gold League

Not that i had much of a chance beforehand but goodbye platinum.

Rekt......

• Like 1

^ That's an epic avatar. 

To think I almost bought this game. Haven't played a fighting game in years and thought I'd be able to ease into one that featured no trials. Uh, nope lol. Good luck to all the hardcore SF fans out there.

Thanks  credit to google images on that one.

I hadn't played a street fighter game in a long time and figured what the hell. I knew I wasn't getting the platinum before but this trophy and a few others pretty much cemented that fact.

Guys I've spent 90% of the time playing Ranked Matches since I got this game and I gotta say this isn't platinum difficult, it is platinum impossible due to Gold League.

Definitely the plat buster for sure. With a 1v1 ratio you could go 157-157 and get 5024 points earning you gold status. The problem is that the competition increases with each division making it increasingly difficult to  win. As time goes on and the game loses popularity this only gets worse as all of the people with the worst skill sets will  move onto other games, making even the easier leagues that much more difficult to compete in. I would imagine that today's bronze league will be far easier to obtain that the bronze league 6 months from now.

Just got my copy today. I agree with Stitches, whatever you can't achieve in these 2 weeks is gonna turn to nearly impossible in the following months when only the core fighter wil be playing and the people tired of losing will move on to greener fields.

Oh well, same as SSFIV, I will try to get as far as I can but the plat is gonna be utopic to say the least.

And let's not talk about DLC, trials are coming, don't know if they will come with trophies too, but I wouldn't be surprised.

• Like 1

Yeah, if you want a shot at this platinum, you are going to have start grinding those ranked matches ASAP - opponents are only going to get tougher from here. That being said, I am enjoying the game so far and I'm having a lot of fun with the ranked matches.... until a 0LP "rookie" came in and wrecked me out of nowhere, haha!

honestly i think this is easier than everyone is thinking, contrary to SF4 where of you lose to someone much lower than you in rank, you'd lose a lot of points

here, whether you lose against a pro or a newb, the points lost is approx the same. I bet with future patches, a Platinum rank will be added because, look at the leaderboard now, pro players already have 4000 LP after a mere few days, whether they win against a noob or a pro, they win approx 50 points. meaning they'll be in the 10k+ points a month from now

i think Gold league will be just an average rank in a couple patch, they'll make a super gold, ultra gold then platinum rank once more content releases

remember how sf4, you win against a newb, it's only give you 1-5 points and losing made you lose 200, sf5 isn't like that from what i understand

honestly i think this is easier than everyone is thinking, contrary to SF4 where of you lose to someone much lower than you in rank, you'd lose a lot of points

here, whether you lose against a pro or a newb, the points lost is approx the same. I bet with future patches, a Platinum rank will be added because, look at the leaderboard now, pro players already have 4000 LP after a mere few days, whether they win against a noob or a pro, they win approx 50 points. meaning they'll be in the 10k+ points a month from now

i think Gold league will be just an average rank in a couple patch, they'll make a super gold, ultra gold then platinum rank once more content releases

remember how sf4, you win against a newb, it's only give you 1-5 points and losing made you lose 200, sf5 isn't like that from what i understand

Welll unlike SF4 it has no ranked lobbies to search for. So people easily boosted everything. 

But Capcom were quite dumb to not make so rage quitters gets punished. Now everyone are playing like that.

Gold league is easier to obtain in the games initial weeks and first month of the release when the mediocre to pros are playing and can feast on the beginners and bad players in order to progress to the higher leagues. Once the game's online starts to decline due to: lack of progression, new games releasing, etc  players that are not that good will have moved on. Now the mediocre to pro crowd will cannibalize themselves and things get worse for any of the beginners or newer players that stick around.  What was good enough to get you to silver the first week of release may not even be good enough to keep you in bronze. As time goes on as you will probably only meet up against better opponents as you do better and as the lesser players leave.The difficulty of this trophy is extremely time dependent.

I guess it's time for the obligatory "git gud". Maybe you're right and reaching Gold will be hard as f***, but don't give up until you've tried your darndest!

While practice does make perfect better, if you weren't good at these types of games prior to now the chances of  your skill level increasing that much is pretty slim. The ease of this trophy lies solely on the skill level of the players that you have to go through to get to gold. Right now its probably not that bad (as of this post 1 person out of about 2100 from this website has gotten there) as time goes on not so much

how about this to make it worse?

I win a match against someone in the same league, I gain 60+ LP. If I lost, I'll lose 60+ LP as well. Isn't it awesome?

As if the above is not awesome enough, this is the best part, if I win someone in a lower league than me, I gain only 30+ LP. If I lost, I lose 60+ LP as well.

lp1.png

lp2.png

lp3.png

lp4.png

Edited by BuTTBR41N
  • Like 2