Mission 100%: Emotional Adventures

MwmOPfE.jpg

Inspired by damon8r351's Mission 100%: All Telltale Episodic Titles and Zone Hunter's Project Platinum threads.

Here we've compiled a list of the non-aggressive, emotionally driven games available across the PlayStation consoles. These games are sure to put you through a whirlwind of feelings from Wonder to Isolation to Longing even to Sheer Terror.

How many of these gems can you complete?

comingtoamerica12.jpg

Goal: To get 100% in all the listed Emotional Adventure games available on Playstation.

Is this a Project Platinum?: Unfortunately not, there aren't enough games here that have platinum trophies, so this thread is just for fun. Maybe this will graduate to a PP one day if enough games with Platinum trophies are released.

Can I join if I have flagged games on my profile?: No, unless you hide the games, get unflagged or use a different profile.

What do I get for doing this?: Some shiny trophy images to use wherever you like.

Rules:

• Every 100% has to be earned legit. Hackers will be found out and banned from the event.
  • Only unique games are eligible, completing the same games with different region trophy lists will not get you any points.
  • When a new game is released you'll have to re-earn your place in the Hall of fame if necessary. The hall of fame requirements will be updated whenever a new game releases. 
  • The order of the Hall of fame is by order of sign up. First come, first served.
  • If you want to sign up please refer to which Hall you are eligible and provide the list of your games..

Hall of Fame Requirements:

hx8w5zZ.jpg Completed all Emotional Adventures (Even the scary ones)

Ajiz1ld.jpg Completed 18 Emotional Adventures

9D7y81L.jpg Completed 9 Emotional Adventures

KM2HPB3.jpg Completed 1 Emotional Adventures

M2RcNNT.jpg Simply join the event.

Hall of Fame

hx8w5zZ.jpg   :platinum: "The truth is of course is that there is no journey. We are arriving and departing all at the same time" (0)   :platinum: hx8w5zZ.jpg

David Bowie (1947 - 2016)

Ajiz1ld.jpg   :gold: "I long to journey endlessly, always in search of something new" (0)   :gold: Ajiz1ld.jpg

Enrique Vila-Matas (1948 - )

9D7y81L.jpg   :silver: "To travel is to take a journey into yourself" (3)   :silver: 9D7y81L.jpg

Danny Kaye (1911 - 1987)

Drew-013 (9)

DrBloodmoney (13)

damon8r351 (9)

KM2HPB3.jpg   :bronze: "Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame" (10)   :bronze: KM2HPB3.jpg

Benedict Cumberbatch (1976 - )

HcG Clawz (3)

Langy900 (5)

cjshaitan (2)

RuLZek (4)

Kurorac (2)

DanteHellMode98 (7)

starcrunch061 (1)

Mystvayne (5)

Matto_Isi (2)

LeetWolf2 (5)

M2RcNNT.jpg   :hidden: "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step" (0)   :hidden: M2RcNNT.jpg

Laozi (c. 604 bc - c. 531 bc)

Games:

La36587.pngLd1b2f0.pngL6a1a7a.pngNluEihn.pngL55abac.pngLeb3bee.pngL99ac32.pngLdf8263.pngLe87c46.png0muGPPz.jpgq5wqPGT.pngLf10f27.pngL190823.pngMPbnY5L.pngL6f36e3.pngL2cac09.pngLbfff4e.pngw32PduD.jpgpmiNsLw.pngRwbRHK2.jpgLad8fb9.pngOF3p8tb.jpgL4fde47.pngLa770a3.pngL22ed8b.pngL722019.pngL5d1a3d.png

Edited by Drew-013
  • Like 1

I think lumping all these games together under the extremely reductive banner of 'walking simulator' is insulting to developers, players and the entire videogame community, and does a disservice to the furthering of the medium into broader more literate/ diverse/ interesting territory.

I think 'The Witness' has about as much in common with 'Octodad Dadliest Catch' as 'Call of Duty' has to do with an old kayak covered in mayonase.

I think trying to force them together under the banner of "well you don't shoot men in the face, so they must be similar' is baffling.

I disagree, I think that all the listed games do belong here as they all meet a set of certain requirements to be eligible for the genre. They're all pacifist games where you're unable to cause harm, they're all story driven, and they're all written to evoke some sort of emotion, whether it be the Isolation of Firewatch, the sheer terror of Outlast or the Slapstick Joy of Octodad.

Looks like the only requirement to get the silver trophy is to be you, huh?

Thanks for pointing that out, it's been corrected.

This mission does have 5 plats which are the requirements to make a pp so you could have just asked in the thread ^^ And I think it would make a petty nice pp aswell.

Anyway count me in I got

everybody's gone to the rapture

master reboot

Daylight

Added.. congrats on being First!

I'm not convinced some of those games should be there under the title of "Walking Simulators". Outlast is a horror, Brothers is more an adventure game.

I can see why you got say Ether One or Ethan in there.. just seems like you chucked some others in there too.

Edited by LetsTurnJu-On

I'm not convinced some of those games should be there under the title of "Walking Simulators". Outlast is a horror, Brothers is more an adventure game.

I can see why you got say Ether One or Ethan in there.. just seems like you chucked some others in there too.

Some of my favorite games in here. I have quite a few of the plats / 100%s.

However,

I think lumping all these games together under the extremely reductive banner of 'walking simulator' is insulting to developers, players and the entire videogame community, and does a disservice to the furthering of the medium into broader more literate/ diverse/ interesting territory.

I think 'The Witness' has about as much in common with 'Octodad Dadliest Catch' as 'Call of Duty' has to do with an old kayak covered in mayonase.

I think trying to force them together under the banner of "well you don't shoot men in the face, so they must be similar' is baffling.

Seems like a common opinion.

If we are to take Walking Simulators as the category that you believe I think that the removal of:

• Among the Sleep (Horror)
  • Brothers (Adventure)
  • Daylight (Horror)
  • Home (Adventure)
  • Octodad (Adventure)
  • Outlast (Horror)
  • Slender (Horror)

And perhaps the inclusion of

• The Unfinished Swan
Edited by Drew-013

If we are to take Walking Simulators as the category that you believe I think that the removal of:

Or just change the name to something that fits with this:

They're all pacifist games where you're unable to cause harm, they're all story driven, and they're all written to evoke some sort of emotion

Edited by Dragon-Archon

• Among the Sleep (Horror)
  • Brothers (Adventure)
  • Daylight (Horror)
  • Home (Adventure)
  • Octodad (Adventure)
  • Outlast (Horror)
  • Slender (Horror)
And perhaps the inclusion of

• The Unfinished Swan

Personally I'd include The Witness in that list, as the game is a puzzle game and you spend more time solving complicated puzzles than you do walking around, as far as I know

This.

I am part of the demographic that should be excited about this - as a vast majority of these games are right up my alley.

It's the term 'Walking Simulator' that gives me such a viscerally negative reaction to this topic.

I HATE that term. It's a derisive and snide term, coined by the kind of knuckle-dragging, mouth-breathing "I only consider Call of Duty and Fifa to be games" mentality that the developers of most of these games i'm sure cannot stand.

There IS a common thread to these games - in terms of their focus on narative and environmental storytelling - games based on thought and emotion that is instilled raher than imposed - but how to sum that up in a single term is difficult.

That's the problem with art - the more interesting it is, the less classifyable it becomes.

This.

I am part of the demographic that should be excited about this - as a vast majority of these games are right up my alley.

It's the term 'Walking Simulator' that gives me such a viscerally negative reaction to this topic.

I HATE that term. It's a derisive and snide term, coined by the kind of knuckle-dragging, mouth-breathing "I only consider Call of Duty and Fifa to be games" mentality that the developers of most of these games i'm sure cannot stand.

There IS a common thread to these games - in terms of their focus on narative and environmental storytelling - games based on thought and emotion that is instilled raher than imposed - but how to sum that up in a single term is difficult.

That's the problem with art - the more interesting it is, the less classifyable it becomes.

Personally I'd include The Witness in that list, as the game is a puzzle game and you spend more time solving complicated puzzles than you do walking around, as far as I know

Dragon-Archon saves the day.

Name changed to Emotional Adventures! It seems to suit all the available titles (Except Octodad which has been removed)

Well I have two, and they are in my top most memorable games every played

Brothers ; Tale of Two Sons

Vanashing of Ethan Carter

Sign me up, I have 5 completed :)

Brothers

Ether One

Home

Proteus

The Unfinished Swan

Added.

I should also mention that the games I've completed are:

• Brothers
  • Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
  • Firewatch
  • Home
  • Journey
  • Proteus
  • Ethan Carter

Brothers, Journey, Home.

Added

That title makes a lot more sense now (what do you mean Octodad is not an emotional adventure?!?! I cried for 3 straight days when I managed to weed that garden without stepping on the flowers!!).

Well, after all that i guess I should add myself to the list.

I have 10:

Brothers

Ether One

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture

Firewatch

Home

Journey

Proteus

The Unfinished Swan

The Vanishing of Ethen Carter

The Witness

• Like 2

That title makes a lot more sense now (what do you mean Octodad is not an emotional adventure?!?! I cried for 3 straight days when I managed to weed that garden without stepping on the flowers!!).

Well, after all that i guess I should add myself to the list.

I have 10:

Brothers

Ether One

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture

Firewatch

Home

Journey

Proteus

The Unfinished Swan

The Vanishing of Ethen Carter

The Witness

Added :D

• Like 1

If you're going to use my Mission 100% tagline for your event, you have to include the official Mission 100% banner, the McDowell's outdoor shot from Coming To America. There's sort of a reason why that's there, and if you don't know why, then the joke flies over your head. :P

Edited by damon8r351
  • Like 1

If you're going to use my Mission 100% tagline for your event, you have to include the official Mission 100% banner, the McDowell's outdoor shot from Coming To America. There's sort of a reason why that's there, and if you don't know why, then the joke flies over your head. :P

Fixed =P

I have Brothers and The Unfinished Swan, please add me :)

Added

Good, now that that's out of the way, I believe you've made a grave misjudgement by including just Journey from thatgamecompany but not their earlier titles Flower or flOw, unless the theme of this is "Emotional Journeys That Require Some Walking".

This is where I was looking for some input. These games and a few others (Thomas was alone, Child of Light (Though I'm not sure if this non-aggressive),  Toren (Also not sure if non-aggressive), Lone Survivor to name a few).

Edit: Toren and Lone Survivor are definitely aggressive, Child of light has Slaying, Swords and Spells.

Would they qualify as Adventures?

Edited by Drew-013

They got a beginning, middle and end goal, with events happening in the middle that create an emotional impact, that certainly qualifies as one in my opinion. Both are non-violent inasmuch as I don't consider flower petals tearing down inanimate steel towers and rejuvenating nature to be violent. Or sea creatures evolving by doing what comes instinctually to be violent. They qualify far more than Child of Light, which has you slaying creatures with swords and magic spells.

They got a beginning, middle and end goal, with events happening in the middle that create an emotional impact, that certainly qualifies as one in my opinion. Both are non-violent inasmuch as I don't consider flower petals tearing down inanimate steel towers and rejuvenating nature to be violent. Or sea creatures evolving by doing what comes instinctually to be violent. They qualify far more than Child of Light, which has you slaying creatures with swords and magic spells.

Ok Agreed, I'll add them to the list.

Do you feel that Thomas Was Alone also falls into this category?