Another newbie

bucfanpaka

Hi all, another newbie checking in. Great place you have here! :)

32 yr old currently living in Auburn, AL here; originally from FL. Very new PS3 owner, but have been gaming since I first messed around on the family's Intellivision as a tot. Enjoy achievement hunting on the 360 (though I don't go for really frustrating or grindy ones, as a rule), and looking to build up my trophies here a bit. Actually bought the PS3 for the NFL Sunday Ticket app, but even if they don't offer it again, very glad I made the purchase! As for my gaming habits, RPG nut, though I also love open-world, do-anything type games of other sorts, and almost entirely play single player stuff.

• Like 1

Thanks! I love both JRPGs and WRPGs, but in recent years, more of my favorites have been WRPGs. Some of my favorites from across the generations: Skyrim, Oblivion, Dragon Quest VIII, Lunar: SSSC, Phantasy Star IV, Dragon Warrior/Quest IV, FF X, Fallout: New Vegas, Tales of Symphonia, and Skies of Arcadia Legends.

Thanks! I love both JRPGs and WRPGs, but in recent years, more of my favorites have been WRPGs. Some of my favorites from across the generations: Skyrim, Oblivion, Dragon Quest VIII, Lunar: SSSC, Phantasy Star IV, Dragon Warrior/Quest IV, FF X, Fallout: New Vegas, Tales of Symphonia, and Skies of Arcadia Legends.

Wow, that is quite the list. I really enjoyed both Skyrim and Oblivion, but I made a gamebreaking piece of armour in Oblivion that made me 100% invisible. It became no fun shortly after lol.

I am also a huge FF fan. VII and X are my favourites so far, but I have almost all of them (Not I, III, or XI)

^ Haha, I did the same with exploiting chameleon so I could do anything. :lol: I rebought Oblivion for the PS3, was sad to see there are no trophies for it (it was my first 100% on the 360, very easy to get) but was really amazed by how much better it looks on the PS3.

Welcome! :]

Glad to see you're enjoying your purchase. The PS3 is really a great entertainment system overall. It's my first and only Blu-ray player, and my medium of choice for Netflix. Don't forget, obviously, to play all the great games it has to offer! Wish I had some good recommendations for you, but although I love RPGs, I don't think I can you shoot you any that you haven't already played, haha. Non-genre specific, I'd say you should try LittleBigPlanet 1 & 2. If you have any kids, it's a great way to spend time with them at home and have a blast!

Welcome buc. RPG fan here too although less so on the PS3. That might change now I have my VIta tho. I was enjoying some golden oldies on the PSP like Threads of Fate and stuff but the PSP wrecked my hands whenever I'd use it for longer than 30 minutes. The Vita fits my fingers a lot better.

Guessing from your name that I should end with good luck to the Bucs this year (as long as the Eagles beat em if we get to the Superbowl... yeah, I'm still waiting...)