Rise of the Kasai is the next PS2 game coming to PS4

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/03/04/rise-of-the-kasai-ps4-is-the-next-ps2-game-coming-to-releases-on-march-8/

Rise-Of-The-Kasai-COVER.jpg

During the most recent episode of the PlayStation Blogcast, Sony revealed that Rise of the Kasai will be the next PlayStation 2 game released on PlayStation 4, coming to North America on Tuesday, March 8. A European release should happen next week as well, but nothing’s been confirmed yet.
The followup to The Mark of Kri (already available on PS4), Rise of the Kasai will likely cost $14.99, as Exophase reveals that it includes a Platinum Trophy. Here’s some Trophy highlights:

• Protector of the Innocent (Platinum) – Unlock all trophies.
  • Untouchable (Gold) – Complete a level without taking any damage.
  • Arena Champion (Gold) – Unlock all arena levels by completing all level challenges.
  • Tools of the Trade (Gold) – Unlock all weapons by collecting every Tuku.
  • A Watchful Eye (Silver) – Unlock all 10 movies.
  • Wrath of the Rakus (Silver) – Achieve a body count of 40 in an Arena level.
  • A Merciful Warrior (Silver) – Complete a level killing fewer than 10 enemies.

And here’s the description for Rise of the Kasai:

Rise of the Kasai is the prequel and sequel to the highly acclaimed The Mark of Kri. The struggle to protect the dark magic of Kri from spreading returns, with four playable characters, each with their own menacing weapons and deadly combos. Unique collaborative gameplay pairs you with a fellow warrior, making teamwork essential as you scout, plan and fight your way through breathtaking 3-D environments. This time, the only way to preserve your future is to fight it.

Additionally, Exophase posted Trophies for Max Payne. Since it doesn’t include a Platinum, expect it to cost $9.99. Currently, a release date is unknown for Max Payne on PS4 (the European PlayStation Blog mistakenly listed it for March 1 earlier this week).
Will you be getting Rise of the Kasai?

• Like 1

Let me guess, Rise of the Kasai will stay a US exclusive like the original?

i'm pretty sure that every ps2 game that has been released on ps4 has been available worldwide, they also said things like "european date not confirmed yet" for past ps2 games and they were still released on europe the same day.

so you should expect this one to be available worldwide too.

i'm pretty sure that every ps2 game that has been released on ps4 has been available worldwide, they also said things like "european date not confirmed yet" for past ps2 games and they were still released on europe the same day.

Parasite Eve 1 never got released in PAL territories either while the second one did, and weirdly (and annoyingly) enough the same thing happened with the PSN release. Why? I dunno, but I've heard it was because why would they release it to a region that never had it and there's no market for that specific game there, which is stupid because Vib Ribbon got released on the American one after a few OF THEM cracked a stink.  Not to fellow PAL gamers: BE LOUDER. It's good to see that won't apply to this, though. 

We'll see. They still didn't release the uncensored version of Twisted Metal Black in Europe though. Stoopid censorship...

We'll see. They still didn't release the uncensored version of Twisted Metal Black in Europe though. Stoopid censorship...

yeah but at least its still got released on europe again, i never played the game but i see why the censored version is inferior to the uncensored one, even if the uncensored version cutscenes scared me a little lol

Parasite Eve 1 never got released in PAL territories either while the second one did, and weirdly (and annoyingly) enough the same thing happened with the PSN release. Why? I dunno, but I've heard it was because why would they release it to a region that never had it and there's no market for that specific game there, which is stupid because Vib Ribbon got released on the American one after a few OF THEM cracked a stink.  Not to fellow PAL gamers: BE LOUDER. It's good to see that won't apply to this, though. 

mmm yeah that's an interesting point, but maybe now sony changed their policy or something? i hope so because personally i want everyone to be able to enjoy these games, and having them released on countries that never had them before i think it would be a plus for this ps2 emulation on ps4.

Wow, even more PS2 classics coming to PS4. What happened to PS3? I wander if any PS2 game apart from GTA: SA is coming to PS3  :unsure:  :unsure:  :unsure:  :unsure:  :unsure:  

i think that's because since December 2015 sony started this ps2 emulation thing on ps4 so now they are bringing many ps2 games to the ps4 with trophies, 1080p resolution and other things...

the ps3 pretty much received many of the most demanded ps2 games already on its library but without trophies and the other additions, so now its time for the ps4.

the gta san andreas on ps3 was just a port from the mobile version which was like a remaster or something that was later ported to consoles, so it doesn't have anything to do with the ps4 emulation, therefore sadly i don't think that the ps3 will continue to receive ps2 games anymore, i could be wrong though...

Edited by smellslikejavier
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

The trophies highlighted in the opening post aren't exactly the hardest or anything like that in the game. The game has cheat codes from the PS2 era, so you can use those and they don't disable trophies. Things like no deaths just comes naturally without trying with the god mode on. No killing? Just run through a level and don't kill anyone. If some enemies is required to progress, make your AI partner do it for you, those kills don't count.

The hardest part is probably unlocking all the arena fights. Gotta do all the challenges in the levels, most are easy enough, but the weapon combo stuff can be very frustrating, even if it's not that difficult. Talking like 3/10 difficulty here. And you gotta do that to get access to the arena fights, which must also have all it's challenges completed to unlock all the movies. Most of it is rather easy and quick with cheats, just those frustrating to pull off combos.

For the combos, I recommend you make a small list for yourself. Check off what you're sure you've completed, and what you're less sure you've completed. Very important to differentiate between the two, else you may end up think you have completed all and that one or two you were a bit unsure about is missing. The X, X, X, X attack combo is also deceptive to pull off. You'll usually know it when you pull off X, O, Square, X or X, O, Square, Square, as they have some rather unique finishers. Often the case with X, O, O, X too. If the finisher of the combo is done correctly, it counted and you can be rather sure it was completed. The way to pull the attacks off is first two must be done quickly, then the next depends a bit on the kind of weapon you use. The faster the weapon, the faster the next button must be pressed, and there's always an even longer delay for the fourth button, which again depends on how fast the weapon is. Left is fastest, right second and down the slowest.

I enjoyed the game for what it was. I think they spent way too much money on the presentation over the gameplay though. The stealth was definitely the better part of the game, but even that could have been done way better. Did not like that once everyone was in alerted mode, you could no longer surprise attack someone if they hadn't seen you. Neither that the alerted mode never went off until you killed everyone affected by it, and it would easily spread. Sometimes you were downright forced into non-stealth when you'd want to stealth, which ruined the game quite a bit for me.

The combat was pretty shiet. Granted, I played with god mode on at all times. Combos were pointless, too hard to pull off and it left you open for attack so enemies would interrupt you mid-ways. Just little extra to gain from it, and it was just super frustrating.

I appreciate the challenges, but the weapon combo stuff was no good. I don't blame the challenges for this, but rather the combo system. Also it would be nice to know which ones you had pulled off. It seemed the game wouldn't show you that you had done a combo after you had done it the first time. Never did restart the game, so I don't know if this resets from that, but if you don't reset the game, I'm sure it never resets this.