Changes to milestones and stats

I think the platinums milestones should be every 10 platinums instead of 25 or keep it as it is but create a see more list of more milestone like 1st vita trohpy. Also there should be personal milestones from the players thoughts like what was the hardest trophy or hardest platinum etc....

On another note still hate the stats bar at top. Tired of seeing I played over 300 somethin games and only completed 80 somethin games knowing that I completed way more then that. Could at least change that to 100% games and add a complete base game next to it or somethin.

Edited by Miketheking75

I think the platinums milestones should be every 10 platinums instead of 25 or keep it as it is but create a see more list of more milestone like 1st vita trohpy. Also there should be personal milestones from the players thoughts like what was the hardest trophy or hardest platinum etc....

On another note still hate the stats bar at top. Tired of seeing I played over 300 somethin games and only completed 80 somethin games knowing that I completed way more then that. Could at least change that to 100% games and add a complete base game next to it or somethin.

Well, as I can see, you can just ask the owner of this site: Sly-Ripper. To change the things you want?

But IMO, everything seems alright, except for the games display

AFAIK the milestones shown vary on the amount of overall trophies you earned.

E.g. Satoshi still sees his 500th trophy while my first xxxth trophy milestone starts at number 1000. Don't know the exact rules but there's some already some variety in the milestones. It's not customizable, though.

I guess that may happen with the big site update that Sly teases here and there. ;)

• Like 1

E.g. Satoshi still sees his 500th trophy while my first xxxth trophy milestone starts at number 1000. Don't know the exact rules but there's some already some variety in the milestones. It's not customizable, though.

I guess that may happen with the big site update that Sly teases here and there. ;)

At the beginning, you see each 10th Plat until you reach 50 Plats, then you see each 25th Plat until you reach 100 Plats and then you see each 50th Plat iirc.

As for trophies... I would bet on 5000 being the point where you stop seeing 500th trophies.

I didn't say customizable, you know how people go on forums and ask questions like your hardest platinum to get. You can basically have that on your profile with the icon of that platinum.

At the beginning, you see each 10th Plat until you reach 50 Plats, then you see each 25th Plat until you reach 100 Plats and then you see each 50th Plat iirc.

As for trophies... I would bet on 5000 being the point where you stop seeing 500th trophies.

Really I don't remember seeing my 500th, I don't like how that changes. If it was like how I said it, the milestone would stay the same on the page but it'll give an option to click on see more and takes you to another page showing all your milestone that's not on display and not overload the page.

Well, you did not =D

DLCs are part of the game :P

As for milestones, it's to prevent overload on the page. It's bad enough you see your 500th and 1000th trophies.

Platinum means you completed the base game so basically I did and why I said they should have 2 one for 100% and the other for completing including platinuming.

Which means you did not complete the whole game :awesome:

It does mean I completed the game, I had 100% before the dlc and it's still 100% in the the subfolder so it should still be counted as complete. Like I said have both at the top.

I want more milestones removed. 1337 trophy is stupid and the fastest plat (at least for me and a bunch of other people) is dumb as it is just Sound Shapes or some other game like that (my fault but still I hate seeing it there).

BUT if you want to customize your milestones you can built a Checklist :)

http://psnprofiles.com/forums/forum/1030-trophy-checklists/

I want it in the personal profile and have it look like the orginal milestone. Wish I can screen shot the image in my head to show yall.
  • Like 1

I don't think there's anything wrong with the statistics except for Average Rarity. It is unfortunate when DLC content is released for base games especially if you've sold the game or have no interest in purchasing it but that's just the way it is. If you don't have all the trophies then you haven't completed it, no matter which way you look at it. You can't have one rule for someone who hasn't earned a DLC Trophy and another for those that have. What a mess profiles would look!

As for personalised trophy milestones I like that idea.

It would be good if you could bring a tick box up like you do when you set up a boosting session that lists all your milestones and you could tick the ones you would like to see (with a maximum limit of course). They could be:

• First Platinum or 100%
  • Every 10th or 25th Platinum or 100%
  • Rarest Platinum
  • Fastest Platinum or 100%
  • Slowest Platinum or 100%
  • Level Up Trophies
  • Every 500th Trophy
  • Every 1000th Trophy

Maybe also "My Toughest Trophy" - you could pick this from any game.

Also I agree Trophy Checklists is a great Sub Forum!

Edited by FawltyPowers

That's correct, I can personally vouch for it.

• Like 1

I didn't say customizable, you know how people go on forums and ask questions like your hardest platinum to get. You can basically have that on your profile with the icon of that platinum.

Really I don't remember seeing my 500th, I don't like how that changes. If it was like how I said it, the milestone would stay the same on the page but it'll give an option to click on see more and takes you to another page showing all your milestone that's not on display and not overload the page.

Now you said you want to customize the list of (visible) milestones. ;)

I guess it would be more useful if you could set it up like the trophy cabinet. Decide on your own which milestones you want to show to yourself and your visitors and only those are loaded. Would also help to keep the amount of transfered data at a minimum. 

NOOOOOOOOOO. I don't want to lose some of my milestones. Especially Plat #75: Enjoy Your Powers (inFAMOUS Second Son). Guess I will have a maximum of 99 plats then. :awesome:

I want more milestones removed. 1337 trophy is stupid and the fastest plat (at least for me and a bunch of other people) is dumb as it is just Sound Shapes or some other game like that (my fault but still I hate seeing it there).

Would really be a nice idea to (de)activate some milestones.

I agree OP; milestone adjustments have been requested for quite a while and hopefully they'll come soon. If our 50th plat unwittingly becomes Hannah Montana or something else we're ashamed of, hopefully we could replace it with another rounded milestone (EG: 40th, 60th, etc). Customizable milestones and a See More option would be great.

Well, you did not =D

DLCs are part of the game :P

Hate to be pedantic, but that's inaccurate. That would imply that most games are released as unfinished products waiting for their DLC to become whole, which is not the case. DLC is merely meant to supplement games, not complete them, so the OP has a point in complaining about the "completed games" wording; I too would like it to be changed.

(This is also why it's stupid that our % lowers when new DLC drops, regardless of whether or not we've bought it.)

Edited by GIONAScm2
  • Like 1

Hate to be pedantic, but that's inaccurate. That would imply that most games are released as unfinished products waiting for their DLC to become whole, which is not the case. DLC is merely meant to supplement games, not complete them, so the OP has a point in complaining about the "completed games" wording; I too would like it to be changed.

(This is also why it's stupid that our % lowers when new DLC drops, regardless of whether or not we've bought it.)

The problem is:

There are also games that come with free DLC that is already bundled with the primary game or there's DLC that's featured as a free patch. DLC with trophies.

Some examples are the Uncharted Trilogy for PS4, Gravity Rush Remastered or Shovel Knight. The former two have DLC in the trophy lists that comes free with the game and there's no owner of the game that can't access it. Therefor when you don't finish that DLC you didn't complete that version of the game.

An example for the free DLC via patch is Shovel Knight. Last October (or was it November?) the devs released a patch that features a modified campaign with two new trophies. It may be treated as additional content that no one has complete but in this example it was content that was promised as one of the Kickstarter's stretch goals. So is this additional content you have to complete or is not? ;)

And when you want to be accurate about completion rate, those DLCs should be included. As you see, there are always examples that don't match the normal rule of DLC is additional content that shouldn't be included in the completion rate. It's hard to distinguish.

The problem is:

There are also games that come with free DLC that is already bundled with the primary game or there's DLC that's featured as a free patch. DLC with trophies.

Some examples are the Uncharted Trilogy for PS4, Gravity Rush Remastered or Shovel Knight. The former two have DLC in the trophy lists that comes free with the game and there's no owner of the game that can't access it. Therefor when you don't finish that DLC you didn't complete that version of the game.

An example for the free DLC via patch is Shovel Knight. Last October (or was it November?) the devs released a patch that features a modified campaign with two new trophies. It may be treated as additional content that no one has complete but in this example it was content that was promised as one of the Kickstarter's stretch goals. So is this additional content you have to complete or is not? ;)

And when you want to be accurate about completion rate, those DLCs should be included. As you see, there are always examples that don't match the normal rule of DLC is additional content that shouldn't be included in the completion rate. It's hard to distinguish.

Interesting points, but the line should be drawn by simply looking at what is required for the platinum trophy, since the plat is expected to be the 'ultimate achievement for doing everything'; a platted game is a completed game, regardless if the other trophies were patched into the game at a later date or available from day one and just not required for the plat (like your Uncharted example). Like I said, all games are released as final, finished products and their trophy lists need to reflect that. The fact that DLC reduces a game's completion % sends out a disgusting message to us gamers that we bought an incomplete product, and that fault lies with Sony.

A possible solution for this % issue would be for DLC trophies to cumulatively bring a game's % to a max of 200%, with the 100% always remaining for platted games. So if this system were implemented, someone with a 100% profile plats every game and someone with 200% also finishes every DLC. It sounds a little ridiculous and convoluted, but there's not many alternatives to the shitty current system.

In short, the current completion system is flawed (thanks to Sony) which is why PSNP doesn't consider platted games 'completed'. Standards like these are based on a faulty system, and so they can't be trusted. It makes more sense for a game to be "completed" by earning the platinum -- a symbol of having done everything in the game -- than by buying all the supplementary DLC that releases. Once something is complete, it can't just be downgraded to "incomplete" status unless the base game trophies somehow disappear (which is impossible). It is for this reason that games should stay complete once the plat has been earned.

Edited by GIONAScm2

If our 50th plat unwittingly becomes Hannah Montana or something else we're ashamed of, hopefully we could replace it with another rounded milestone (EG: 40th, 60th, etc). Customizable milestones and a See More option would be great.

I'm pretty sure HM is considered to be a quite prestigious milestone here on PSNP xD

Also... really? Customizing your milestone just because you don't want to bother planning them? =D

This actually goes back to planning. If you plan your milestone, it's like you can change them, right? :P Don't break the round numbering, plan your milestones ;)

If it's a game that isn't released, just wait with milestone or wait with the game to another milestone =D

To sum it up, customizable milestones would degrade milestone bar to another trophy cabinet imo.

That would imply that most games are released as unfinished products waiting for their DLC to become whole

They aren't?

which is not the case. 

It isn't?

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

Interesting points, but the line should be drawn by simply looking at what is required for the platinum trophy, since the plat is expected to be the 'ultimate achievement for doing everything'; a platted game is a completed game, regardless if the other trophies were patched into the game at a later date or available from day one and just not required for the plat (like your Uncharted example). Like I said, all games are released as final, finished products and their trophy lists need to reflect that. The fact that DLC reduces a game's completion % sends out a disgusting message to us gamers that we bought an incomplete product, and that fault lies with Sony.

A possible solution for this % issue would be for DLC trophies to cumulatively bring a game's % to a max of 200%, with the 100% always remaining for platted games. So if this system were implemented, someone with a 100% profile plats every game and someone with 200% also finishes every DLC. It sounds a little ridiculous and convoluted, but there's not many alternatives to the shitty current system.

In short, the current completion system is flawed (thanks to Sony) which is why PSNP doesn't consider platted games 'completed'. Standards like these are based on a faulty system, and so they can't be trusted. It makes more sense for a game to be "completed" by earning the platinum -- a symbol of having done everything in the game -- than by buying all the supplementary DLC that releases. Once something is complete, it can't just be downgraded to "incomplete" status unless the base game trophies somehow disappear (which is impossible). It is for this reason that games should stay complete once the plat has been earned.

There is no higher mathmatical completion than 100%, and trying to justify having 100% after only completing base-game would diminish the acheivements of people who go the extra mile to actually complete 100% of the trophies.

You did not by an incomplete product. You bought a product with the well known and completely accepted understanding that it would be added to in the future.

Either earn the trophies or don't - all are optional of course - but it would be very unfair to act like you are 'completing' these games, when other people who are ACTUALLY completing them are subject to the same ruleset

• Like 1

That would imply that most games are released as unfinished products waiting for their DLC to become whole, which is not the case. DLC is merely meant to supplement games, not complete them

Unfortunately, it's becoming more and more the case, especially with AAA releases. I don't like it any more than you do, and I certainly don't think it should be that way, but that's increasingly the way games are being done right now, with DLC and Season Passes being announced more than a year before the game is even released, sometimes even together with the announcement of the game itself - and then, they throw insult to injury and treat it all like they're doing us a big favor and we'll all be delighted :rolleyes: . There are a few cases where DLC is clearly not content cut from the main game or just a blatant scam, but those are increasingly becoming the exception.

Personally, I would love nothing more than to go back to the way things were back in the 6th generation, when everything was in the disc from the start, just with better visuals, more horsepower and trophies.

Unfortunately, it seems the Industry got a little too full of itself (ironically) after the 6th generation and thought they could get away with pretty much anything since we all love our gaming too damn much. Well, guess what? If the policies in the industry continue to go this way, I'll just quit buying new games and consoles altogether and just focus on older games (not like I'll ever have little to choose from or anything). I used to be the guy that got all (or nearly all) DLC for a game because I just had to have my game 100% complete, but I finally reached a point where it's all just so clearly exploitative that I get only the most relevant content and pretend all the rest doesn't exist. Now all that remains is for me to lose faith in the Industry altogether and just turn to its past, when we weren't being constantly scammed. I haven't quite reached that breaking point yet (I do intend to get a PS4 sometime this year), but things are not looking great at all.

• Like 1

To sum it up, customizable milestones would degrade milestone bar to another trophy cabinet imo.

I see where you're coming from, but keep in mind you'd only be choosing round milestones, like platinum multiples of 10/25 and trophy multiples of 500. That really doesn't leave enough leeway to be utilized as another trophy cabinet.

It's pretty lazy thinking to just tell people to plan ahead; what if the police told you that? "Your family is being raped & murdered? Oh well, should've planned ahead with a better security system."  :lol:

While I personally plan my plat milestones pretty meticulously, not everyone else does and that's who this change would be targeted towards.

And yeah, believe it or not, games are meant to be sold as complete products.   :D

There is no higher mathmatical completion than 100%, and trying to justify having 100% after only completing base-game would diminish the acheivements of people who go the extra mile to actually complete 100% of the trophies.

You did not by an incomplete product. You bought a product with the well known and completely accepted understanding that it would be added to in the future.

Either earn the trophies or don't - all are optional of course - but it would be very unfair to act like you are 'completing' these games, when other people who are ACTUALLY completing them are subject to the same ruleset

Careful, that logic works both ways. Reducing one's completion from 100% diminishes their sense of accomplishment for initially completing/platting the game. Like I said, the platinum trophy is inherently a symbol of game completion and that should be reflected by 100% completion.

Why are you nitpicking the 200% idea? It's not perfect, but it sure as hell is miles better than the current system which is screwing us both over. As it stands, I don't get to maintain 100% plats and you guys are forced to buy all DLC to maintain 100%. My solution would help us both, so why are you so supportive of the current mess of a system? In my eyes, my 47 plats reflect 47 completed games, and your "completed games" reflect going above & beyond core completion (which is 100%), necessitating a % higher than 100.

In the end, you guys keep trying to argue that games aren't complete until all their DLC is released. So games like DCU and Rocket League aren't finished products and their platinum achievers haven't completed the games? This is nonsensical; like I said, DLC is merely a supplement to complement the finished game product. Since platinums represent game completion, if the developers/publishers shared your perspective, every new DLC update would change the platinum trophy requirements and erase people's platinums, forcing them to get the DLC trophies to re-earn it. But this is not the case, because DLC is independent of the core game.

Edited by GIONAScm2

Careful, that logic works both ways. Reducing one's completion from 100% diminishes their sense of accomplishment for initially completing/platting the game. Like I said, the platinum trophy is inherently a symbol of game completion and that should be reflected by 100% completion.

Why are you nitpicking the 200% idea? It's not perfect, but it sure as hell is miles better than the current system which is screwing us both over. As it stands, I don't get to maintain 100% plats and you guys are forced to buy all DLC to maintain 100%. My solution would help us both, so why are you so supportive of the current mess of a system? In my eyes, my 47 plats reflect 47 completed games, and your "completed games" reflect going above & beyond core completion (which is 100%). 

In the end, you guys keep trying to argue that games aren't complete until all their DLC is released. So games like DCU and Rocket League aren't finished products and their platinum achievers haven't completed the games? This is nonsensical; like I said, DLC is merely a supplement to complement the finished game product. If the developers/publishers shared your perspective, every new DLC update would change the platinum trophy requirements and erase people's platinums, forcing them to get the DLC trophies to re-earn it. But this is not the case, because DLC is independent of the core game.

You already said it - you got the Platinum. That is the prize for completing the base game - the 100% is for...... Getting 100% of the trophies.

200% is not a possible thing - you divide the total possible by the total acheived. As the total possible goes up, so too must he total acheived in order to maintain 100%. Its not my fault - its just mathematics.

Not to nit-pick, but also - Games are not sold as 'complete products'. They are not sold as 'products' at all. There is clear wording in the legal documentation that they are sold as 'licences to use a service' and that the service is not bound to remain the same in perpetuity. That is how publishers can remove servers after a time, or hange the game via dlc, or patches etc.

• Like 1