Changes to milestones and stats

Unfortunately, it's becoming more and more the case, especially with AAA releases. I don't like it any more than you do, and I certainly don't think it should be that way, but that's increasingly the way games are being done right now, with DLC and Season Passes being announced more than a year before the game is even released, sometimes even together with the announcement of the game itself - and then, they throw insult to injury and treat it all like they're doing us a big favor and we'll all be delighted :rolleyes: . There are a few cases where DLC is clearly not content cut from the main game or just a blatant scam, but those are increasingly becoming the exception.

Personally, I would love nothing more than to go back to the way things were back in the 6th generation, when everything was in the disc from the start, just with better visuals, more horsepower and trophies.

Unfortunately, it seems the Industry got a little too full of itself (ironically) after the 6th generation and thought they could get away with pretty much anything since we all love our gaming too damn much. Well, guess what? If the policies in the industry continue to go this way, I'll just quit buying new games and consoles altogether and just focus on older games (not like I'll ever have little to choose from or anything). I used to be the guy that got all (or nearly all) DLC for a game because I just had to have my game 100% complete, but I finally reached a point where it's all just so clearly exploitative that I get only the most relevant content and pretend all the rest doesn't exist. Now all that remains is for me to lose faith in the Industry altogether and just turn to its past, when we weren't being constantly scammed. I haven't quite reached that breaking point yet (I do intend to get a PS4 sometime this year), but things are not looking great at all.

You can always pull a Satoshi :awesome: :awesome:

It's pretty lazy thinking to just tell people to plan ahead; what if the police told you that? "Your family is being raped & murdered? Oh well, should've planned ahead with a better security system."  :lol:

Situation that is purely coincidental is hardly something comparable to this, but okay.

Well, are they wrong? They aren't. Obviously you, as a person involved, would object but technically they wouldn't be wrong :P

While I personally plan my plat milestones pretty meticulously, not everyone else does and that's who this change would be targeted towards.

People who do not plan their milestones do not care about them or want to be surprised, hence, wouldn't change them.

And yeah, believe it or not, games are meant to be sold as complete products.    :D

Meant is not are :awesome:

And if anyone in this generation thinks games ARE complete products, they are pretty naive =D

At best, majority of Japanese games are.

As it stands, I don't get to maintain 100% plats and you guys are forced to buy all DLC to maintain 100%. My solution would help us both, so why are you so supportive of the current mess of a system? 

Because it would be inaccurate. 

In my eyes, my 47 plats reflect 47 completed games, and your "completed games" reflect going above & beyond core completion (which is 100%), necessitating a % higher than 100.

Well, no. 47 plats is... 47 plats =D

In the end, you guys keep trying to argue that games aren't complete until all their DLC is released. So games like DCU and Rocket League aren't finished products and their platinum achievers haven't completed the games?

Yea, that is correct. They haven't =D

This is nonsensical; like I said, DLC is merely a supplement to complement the finished game product. Since platinums represent game completion, if the developers/publishers shared your perspective, every new DLC update would change the platinum trophy requirements and erase people's platinums, forcing them to get the DLC trophies to re-earn it. But this is not the case, because DLC is independent of the core game.

You see this as a flaw because of simple reason.

You think Platinum == 100%. That is incorrect. Platinum does NOT count towards percentage.

Thus, it's JUST a trophy on the list, albeit 0% one.

100% is 100%. Platinum is not 100%.

• Like 4

You can always pull a Satoshi :awesome: :awesome:

You remembered!  :o  Always impressed by people with good memory (don't find too many in real life).

Well, yeah, I guess if I just kept to Japanese games, I wouldn't have too much exploitative DLC bullshit, but still, they're catching up. The game I mentioned that made me just get the most relevant DLC and forget the rest even exists was Persona 4 Arena Ultimax. And Bamco is quite happily chugging the Season Pass train, so... I wonder how long pulling a Satoshi would do it for me.

I'm perfectly happy with the way milestones currently are. I also like how they change, correlating to the amount of trophies and platinums you have. Milestones would lose their worth if you were able to choose literally anything as them

It's pretty lazy thinking to just tell people to plan ahead; what if the police told you that? "Your family is being raped & murdered? Oh well, should've planned ahead with a better security system."  :lol:

While I personally plan my plat milestones pretty meticulously, not everyone else does and that's who this change would be targeted towards.

This is a stupid comparison. But if you're to actually compare this with the same logic as milestone planning, you'd know when it is coming; thus obtaining better security in time to deal with it

And if people really did care about their milestones, they would plan ahead. I care about my milestones, I put in the effort to plan ahead. People who don't plan them obviously don't really seem to care

Edited by Aela
  • Like 1

It's pretty simple, when you pull up your Trophy List on PSN, Sony shows you a bar along with a percentage of the trophies you have earned in that game. Earn all the trophies for one game? Your bar is full and it says 100%.

This site is reflecting what Sony is counting as completed games.

Wanna gripe about DLC trophies? Contact Sony.

• Like 1

You remembered!  :o  Always impressed by people with good memory (don't find too many in real life).

I'm working on putting this into dictionary, obviously I did :awesome:

Well, yeah, I guess if I just kept to Japanese games, I wouldn't have too much exploitative DLC bullshit, but still, they're catching up. The game I mentioned that made me just get the most relevant DLC and forget the rest even exists was Persona 4 Arena Ultimax. And Bamco is quite happily chugging the Season Pass train, so... I wonder how long pulling a Satoshi would do it for me.

You must go for weebest games, they have the least chance for DLCs =D

And even better, for unreadables. =D Unreadable games are absolutely without DLCs :D

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1

I agree OP; milestone adjustments have been requested for quite a while and hopefully they'll come soon. If our 50th plat unwittingly becomes Hannah Montana or something else we're ashamed of, hopefully we could replace it with another rounded milestone (EG: 40th, 60th, etc). Customizable milestones and a See More option would be great.

Hate to be pedantic, but that's inaccurate. That would imply that most games are released as unfinished products waiting for their DLC to become whole, which is not the case. DLC is merely meant to supplement games, not complete them, so the OP has a point in complaining about the "completed games" wording; I too would like it to be changed.

(This is also why it's stupid that our % lowers when new DLC drops, regardless of whether or not we've bought it.)

You will never get through to these dlc fanboys but you are correct. When the Witcher 3 was on sale I was going to buy it cause it said "full game". But it didnt include the DLC for it. So that right there destroys their argument and makes yours.

• Like 1

You will never get through to these dlc fanboys but you are correct. 

One question.

How are we DLC fanboys just because we want accurate statistics? =D

Frankly, I hate DLC trophies almost as much as online ones. As you can see on my profile, I tend to avoid them if possible. Out of my >100 games, only 9 (+ 3 Sound Shapes) have DLCs.

Since you mentioned Witcher, I have similar experience with DRIVECLUB. I also purchased this without knowing how many DLCs are there going to be.

But if Giona's suggestion were to be implemented somehow, I would get 100% just because I completed freaking 27 out of 128 trophies. What kind of BS would that be? o.O

It's pretty simple, when you pull up your Trophy List on PSN, Sony shows you a bar along with a percentage of the trophies you have earned in that game. Earn all the trophies for one game? Your bar is full and it says 100%.

This site is reflecting what Sony is counting as completed games.

Wanna gripe about DLC trophies? Contact Sony.

The discussion is about the term 'completed games' on the profile. 100%  =/= completed; they are 2 different things (once DLC releases). If I platinum a game for the 100%, I completed it -- nobody can take that away from me. Sure, my % is reduced, but there's virtually no reason to reduce the number of completed games on my profile since the core game remains completed. Like the OP said, they need to be acknowledged as 2 separate statistics.

You guys will still disagree with me due to your inherent bias, and at the end of the day we're essentially arguing semantics, so I'm not even 100% sure (no pun intended) why I'm bothering posting, but yeah -- those are the views that I (and many others) share.

But if Giona's suggestion were to be implemented somehow, I would get 100% just because I completed freaking 27 out of 128 trophies. What kind of BS would that be? o.O

Correct. With my suggestion, those 27 would make the 100% and the remaining 101 trophies would cumulate to another 100%, totalling 200%.

The BS here isn't that 27 trophies would give you 100% -- the true BS is that there are 128 freaking trophies in the first place. That's almost as bad as DCU.

Games like DCU & Driveclub are rare cases. Usually my system would make sense for games where DLC trophies roughly equal core trophies. Games should not have 100+ trophies to begin with, so of course my system seems like BS in those examples. But like I said, still a superior alternative to the current system.
Edited by GIONAScm2

The discussion is about the term 'completed games' on the profile. 100%  =/= completed; they are 2 different things (once DLC releases). If I platinum a game for the 100%, I completed it -- nobody can take that away from me. Sure, my % is reduced, but there's virtually no reason to reduce the number of completed games on my profile since the core game remains completed. Like the OP said, they need to be acknowledged as 2 separate statistics.

You guys will still disagree with me due to your inherent bias, and at the end of the day we're essentially arguing semantics, so I'm not even 100% sure (no pun intended) why I'm bothering posting, but yeah -- those are the views that I (and many others) share.

Correct. With my suggestion, those 27 would make the 100% and the remaining 101 trophies would cumulate to another 100%, totalling 200%.

The BS here isn't that 27 trophies would give you 100% -- the true BS is that there are 128 freaking trophies in the first place. That's almost as bad as DCU.

Games like DCU & Driveclub are rare cases. Usually my system would make sense for games where DLC trophies roughly equal core trophies. Games should not have 100+ trophies to begin with, so of course my system seems like BS in those examples. But like I said, still a superior alternative to the current system.

I greatly dislike the way completion percentage is shown here as well, which is why I also have a TT account.  They only count trophies for products you own as part of your completion rate.  If it hadn't been for 1 stupid LBP DLC trophy popping for a DLC I don't own, I'd have 100% completion over there.  That to me is far more accurate as that's the completion rate for what I've played.  I hate how PSNP penalizes you for not paying an inflated price for (usually) crappy DLC that in total costs more than the base game itself and more often than not has nothing to do with the main storyline.

• Like 1

I was saying with milestones, is that it can stay but change the every 25 plats to every 10 with a 0 at the end like every 1000 trophies milestone. Also adding a tab to another part of the site showing more milestones like your 1st ps3 or 1st ps4 trophy and 1st platinum. The custom part was just a personal questionnaire milestone.

The completion part was that keep it just change the wording to 100% completion for every 100% and have another set where it only shows games platinum and small games 100%. Cause some of us feel that we completed the game by platinuming but doesn't show up as completed because of dlc trophies.

As for planning I plan mines, like I planned my 50 platinum and currently planning freedom wars to be the 6000th trophy and the 80th platinum.

Edited by Miketheking75

Haven't really dug in deep into the site but I noticed when you reach a certain platinum, like 50 or something some of the milestones disappear from the profile, so I can no longer see what my 30th platinum was, is there any way to see those or are they lost in a vacuum?, also, even if there is a way to see those milestones there should be a "MORE" button just like in rarest trophies that takes you to a more detailed list of ALL the milestones you accomplished.

When you unlock more trophies some of the past milestones you had may go missing, I am not for custom milestones but if would be nice if you were able to have an option to display some of the earlier milestones you use to see until you went over that trophy mark that pushes them all up. Or at least allow members to click the milestones heading so we can view past milestones that use to be there maybe.

As for DLC trophies I am not a fan even more so that a lot of them are online DLC when the game was made for single player. But I will leave it there as the DLC side has been discussed.

I like seeing how many games I have completed and some games have now have added DLC which causes my total to go down, I want to go play some of these just for 100% but most of the actual DLC content does appeal to me. Some do but not many, or others have no shutdown the servers which forever remains an 80% plat instead of 100% and I can never change them games.

As for the planning of mIlestones I did but had to start all over as a missing timestamp last year from buying a new Vita pushed all my trophies up by one as the timestamp trophy goes to the start of your list.

Edited by fisty123

I was saying with milestones, is that it can stay but change the every 25 plats to every 10 with a 0 at the end like every 1000 trophies milestone. Also adding a tab to another part of the site showing more milestones like your 1st ps3 or 1st ps4 trophy and 1st platinum. The custom part was just a personal questionnaire milestone.

The completion part was that keep it just change the wording to 100% completion for every 100% and have another set where it only shows games platinum and small games 100%. Cause some of us feel that we completed the game by platinuming but doesn't show up as completed because of dlc trophies.

As for planning I plan mines, like I planned my 50 platinum and currently planning freedom wars to be the 6000th trophy and the 80th platinum.

You may feel like that, but in actuality, that isn't the case. Completing a game doesn't mean getting half of the trophies and then being done with it. Completing a game means getting every trophy available - and this includes DLC.

DLC isn't a separate game. It's an add-on, it's another part of the game you're playing. Sure, you have to pay for it in most cases, but that's irrelevant.

• Like 1