Let's Play Catherine

Just a little update: My NA copy has arrived and I'll be starting the game once I'm doing writing the √Letter trophy guide. I'm still fairly confident that I can get it done before the end of the year, although I can't be sure of that thanks to the Babel stages. If possible, I'd like to beat my previous record for getting the plat, but I think that's being a little too cocky. :giggle:

Edited by Undead Wolf
  • Like 1

but then it's not me.

How about Eli_bloodthirst2 :awesome:?

Just a little update: My NA copy has arrived and I'll be starting the game once I'm doing writing the √Letter trophy guide. I'm still fairly confident that I can get it done before the end of the year, although I can't be sure of that thanks to the Babel stages. If possible, I'd like to beat my previous record for getting the plat, but I think that's being a little too cocky. :giggle:

Awesome, good luck :D.

• Like 1

I started Catherine a few days ago, around the time when the backup of PSNP got made (what else was there to do with my time?). :P I just got all the gold prizes on hard which was a lot of fun, so now I'll get the rest of the endings and then I'll probably move onto the Babel stages. I think I'm in with a good chance of beating my previous plat time. I'm still taking my time with the game by watching all the cutscenes and stuff, but it would be pretty sweet if I could make it onto the top 50 fastest achievers as well. 

Speaking of the fastest achievers, though, is it just me, or have the leaderboards changed? I swear I checked a few days ago and the fastest achiever had a time of 14 hours or something, but now #1 has a time of 1 week, 2 days. That can't be right, can it? :blink:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

I started Catherine a few days ago, around the time when the backup of PSNP got made (what else was there to do with my time?). :P I just got all the gold prizes on hard which was a lot of fun, so now I'll get the rest of the endings and then I'll probably move onto the Babel stages. I think I'm in with a good chance of beating my previous plat time. I'm still taking my time with the game by watching all the cutscenes and stuff, but it would be pretty sweet if I could make it onto the top 50 fastest achievers as well. 

Speaking of the fastest achievers, though, is it just me, or have the leaderboards changed? I swear I checked a few days ago and the fastest achiever had a time of 14 hours or something, but now #1 has a time of 1 week, 2 days. That can't be right, can it? :blink:

Awesome, that's a lot of progress :yay: . I made this list during the past few days. These are the OP post-game bosses in Kingdom Hearts 2, so I can cross them off after beating one.

Spoiler

Lq4jTqv.png

Maybe it's a side effect of the update? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Awesome, that's a lot of progress :yay: . I made this list during the past few days. These are the OP post-game bosses in Kingdom Hearts 2, so I can cross them off after beating one.

Reveal hidden contents

Lq4jTqv.png

Maybe it's a side effect of the update? 

Being ill helped with things because I couldn't go into work, so that meant I had more time to play video games. :awesome:

Haha, so it's like a hit list? I guess that will make it all the more satisfying to beat them when you can cross them off one by one. :lol:

Yeah, I guess so. I'm not sure if it's a bug or not. I checked another game where I knew who had the #1 spot and he was still there, so I guess it only affected some games. Kinda weird.

Edited by Undead Wolf

25 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

I think the fastest achievers leaderboards are all messed up due to the site update. I finished the game in 2 weeks, 4 days and that wouldn't have been in the Top 50 before the update. Looking at it now, that time should put me at #17-#18 on the current leaderboards but I can't find myself on there at all (at least not in the first 3-4 pages). Also, if you click on the next page (#51-100 for example) you'll see that some people there have times that actually should be in the Top 50. Seems like the times are all mixed up right now.

3 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Being ill helped with things because I couldn't go into work, so that meant I had more time to play video games. :awesome:

Haha, so it's like a hit list? I guess that will make it all the more satisfying to beat them when you can cross them off one by one. :lol:

Yeah, I guess so. I'm not sure if it's a bug or not. I checked another game where I knew who had the #1 spot and he was still there, so I guess it only affected some games. Kinda weird.

Playing games is always the best medicine when being ill :awesome: .

Yep, here's my progress so far:

Spoiler

kEKDiwo.png

Here's hoping the bugs will be removed soon.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

1 minute ago, MStalker58 said:

I think the fastest achievers leaderboards are all messed up due to the site update. I finished the game in 2 weeks, 4 days and that wouldn't have been in the Top 50 before the update. Looking at it now, that time should put me at #17-#18 on the current leaderboards but I can't find myself on there at all (at least not in the first 3-4 pages). Also, if you click on the next page (#51-100 for example) you'll see that some people there have times that actually should be in the Top 50. Seems like the times are all mixed up right now.

Ah, I see. I thought it was too good to be true. :lol: I guess we should report this as a bug, assuming nobody has already done so.

1 minute ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Playing games is always the best medicine when being ill :awesome: .

Yep, here's my progress so far:

Hide contents

kEKDiwo.png

Damn, you're a killing machine! Remind me not to get on the bad side of you. :lol:

30 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Ah, I see. I thought it was too good to be true. :lol: I guess we should report this as a bug, assuming nobody has already done so.

Think I figured out what's going on with the "Top 50 Fastest Achievers" leaderboard. Basically, it is just ranking the times for 50 people at a time. Take a look at the first page of the rankings. The exact same players that are in the "First Achievers" are the ones being ranked in the #1-50 fastest achievers. Then if you click on the next page, it ranks those next 50 first achievers and so on. It's not ranking the top times from everyone, just the 50 that are listed as first achievers on that current page. Hope that makes sense, I'm not the best at describing these types of things.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Nope, I'm going to keep bringing this up once every while until Persona 5 has been released :awesome: .

You're so cruel. I guess that's to be expected... from a dragon. :P

22 minutes ago, MStalker58 said:

Think I figured out what's going on with the "Top 50 Fastest Achievers" leaderboard. Basically, it is just ranking the times for 50 people at a time. Take a look at the first page of the rankings. The exact same players that are in the "First Achievers" are the ones being ranked in the #1-50 fastest achievers. Then if you click on the next page, it ranks those next 50 first achievers and so on. It's not ranking the top times from everyone, just the 50 that are listed as first achievers on that current page. Hope that makes sense, I'm not the best at describing these types of things.

I see. I think I get what you're saying. I checked out another game and it had the same problem.

EDIT: I assumed it was a bug, anyway. I don't really get why that would be intentional. :blink:

Edited by Undead Wolf

5 hours ago, MStalker58 said:

Yeah, I noticed this as well. Let's hope it get fixed soon because we need to count scores for the league :p. Also, if this would be intentional, there's no point in speedrunning games to be in the top 50 fastest achievers anymore :/, that'd be sad.

5 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

I get the impression I'm not built for this game.

Or maybe the fact that ice blocks keep fucking me up.

Although, finally I have now passed the Quadrangle... after 11 attempts on the last stage.

The ice blocks can be tricky. You just have to remember to hang from the edge of a block so you don't slide across them. The mystery blocks are the real pain. You never know what it's gonna be until you step on it. Just when I think I've come up with a pretty good plan to scale the wall, those bastards just love screwing me over. :P

Keep practising. You'll get better. :)

7 minutes ago, MStalker58 said:

@Undead Wolf How are the last 2 stages of Babel going? Still breezing through them like the first couple last night?

I haven't been playing that long today, but as expected, the last two Babel stages are putting up a good fight. :lol: I gave Axis Mundi a few attempts and that's about as hard as I remember it being. You barely get any room to manoeuvre! I didn't get very far. As I type this, I'm nearing the top of Obelisk at 126 steps (I have the game paused). I have no idea how I'm gonna pull this one off, though. Definitely not breezing through them like the first two stages unfortunately. :P 

5 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

I haven't been playing that long today, but as expected, the last two Babel stages are putting up a good fight. :lol: I gave Axis Mundi a few attempts and that's about as hard as I remember it being. You barely get any room to manoeuvre! I didn't get very far. As I type this, I'm nearing the top of Obelisk at 126 steps (I have the game paused). I have no idea how I'm gonna pull this one off, though. Definitely not breezing through them like the first two stages unfortunately. :P 

I got extremely lucky and beat Obelisk on my very first attempt. I felt like a badass until I started Axis Mundi. That one took me several days and probably over 100 attempts. Just thinking about it will probably give me nightmares tonight. Good luck with them. I can't imagine trying to do those again like you are. :)

Just now, MStalker58 said:

I got extremely lucky and beat Obelisk on my very first attempt. I felt like a badass until I started Axis Mundi. That one took me several days and probably over 100 attempts. Just thinking about it will probably give me nightmares tonight. Good luck with them. I can't imagine trying to do those again like you are. :)

Damn, and I thought beating Altar on my first try was good. :giggle: Obelisk is no joke! Luckily, I somehow pulled through on that attempt, so now all I have left is Axis Mundi. This is the one that's most likely gonna put me in my place. :P And thanks, I'm definitely gonna need some good luck to pass Axis Mundi whilst keeping my sanity. :lol: I think the first time you do these is the hardest. When going through these stages, I started remembering certain techniques to help get me through. It's still tough, but the first time doing them was even worse. :lol: