Let's Play Catherine

Well I bronzed my way to the end on easy like a boss. My up on the dpad isn't cooperating... Still, I feel like I'm getting better and another two playthroughs will be good practice for this Babel I keep hearing about.

For some reason I didn't get any trophies for helping people, not sure what I did wrong there. I followed the guide but the Stray Sheep was empty on day 8 aside from the twins.

• Like 1

Well I bronzed my way to the end on easy like a boss. My up on the dpad isn't cooperating... Still, I feel like I'm getting better and another two playthroughs will be good practice for this Babel I keep hearing about.

For some reason I didn't get any trophies for helping people, not sure what I did wrong there. I followed the guide but the Stray Sheep was empty on day 8 aside from the twins.

If it was empty, it means the other people died. You can check the TV in the Stray Sheep to see who died.

If it was empty, it means the other people died. You can check the TV in the Stray Sheep to see who died.

Yeah I spoke with the twins and they told me about everyone. I can understand if I missed one but all of them seems strange, like I'm doing something systematically wrong. I'll pay closer attention this time around

Yeah I spoke with the twins and they told me about everyone. I can understand if I missed one but all of them seems strange, like I'm doing something systematically wrong. I'll pay closer attention this time around

It does seem a little strange that nobody survived. You'd figure that even if you made a mistake or two, at least 1 person would have made it.

Which guide are you using? I used the one from .org and got them all in 1 playthrough. I was confused on a couple of questions, because the main guide says to always give positive answers, which I thought meant the "Law" option. However, there are a couple where the best answer is actually a Chaos choice. If you are using the .org guide, just try paying very close attention and select the bold answer for each question. I doubt it matters, but I also talked to all of the sheep on the landings, even if they weren't important. I also tried to exhaust all dialogue and made sure the "Talk" box was grayed out and no longer pink.

Also, if you are exhausting all the dialogue, the characters might start re-asking the same questions. This happened a lot with the conversations where they are teaching you techniques. If this happens, be sure to pick the correct answers again and let them show you the technique again. I've read that if you choose the "I'm in a hurry option" it will negate your previous answer even if you answered positively the 1st time.

Good luck.

Edited by MStalker58
  • Like 2

It does seem a little strange that nobody survived. You'd figure that even if you made a mistake or two, at least 1 person would have made it.

Which guide are you using? I used the one from .org and got them all in 1 playthrough. I was confused on a couple of questions, because the main guide says to always give positive answers, which I thought meant the "Law" option. However, there are a couple where the best answer is actually a Chaos choice. If you are using the .org guide, just try paying very close attention and select the bold answer for each question. I doubt it matters, but I also talked to all of the sheep on the landings, even if they weren't important. I also tried to exhaust all dialogue and made sure the "Talk" box was grayed out and no longer pink.

Also, if you are exhausting all the dialogue, the characters might start re-asking the same questions. This happened a lot with the conversations where they are teaching you techniques. If this happens, be sure to pick the correct answers again and let them show you the technique again. I've read that if you choose the "I'm in a hurry option" it will negate your previous answer even if you answered positively the 1st time.

Good luck.

In addition to MStalker's comment, the guide is linked in the OP.

Sign me up for this!

Got to say I'm really enjoying the game. So far I've gotten gold on all the Normal stages, and I'm currently working (very slowly) on the Hard mode golds.

Haven't needed to use a guide so far, but there has been a LOT of trial and error. Pretty satisfying to get that perfect run finished.

Congrats to MStalker58 and maurocastronovo, and thanks for giving us hope that it can actually be done!

• Like 4

Sign me up for this!

Got to say I'm really enjoying the game. So far I've gotten gold on all the Normal stages, and I'm currently working (very slowly) on the Hard mode golds.

Haven't needed to use a guide so far, but there has been a LOT of trial and error. Pretty satisfying to get that perfect run finished.

Congrats to MStalker58 and maurocastronovo, and thanks for giving us hope that it can actually be done!

Being able to get gold on the Normal stages and at least some of the Hard stages without using a guide is a good sign that you'll be able to handle Babel. Might take several attempts and some patience to recognize the patterns, but skill level wise it isn't dramatically tougher. Actually, doing some of those Hard stages without a guide might be a little more difficult than at least some of the Babel stages. Good luck and welcome to the event.  :)

• Like 1

Sign me up for this!

Awesome, welcome to the event :D.

That's very impressive, I tried to get gold on hard without a guide too at first, but got really bored during the later stages :lol:.

It's all here :D

Oh and did i mention that will be here tonight?

Time to celebrate?

a132j8.gif

Nice, good luck with Stage 9 bud :D. Though after Babel it shouldn't give you too much trouble.

• Like 1

Now i'm a elite dammit :D

PLATINUM 100 - CATHERINE 

1L21b6dd.png

Date of achievement :April, 9th  2016

Enjoyment : Kingdom_Hearts_tattoo_design_by_XxSoRAsH Difficult : 9,5

Hardest Trophy : A god is born/ the golden child

"When the night sky fills with glamour, a lovely story awaits you!"     2rdbtza.gif

2py9h6q.jpg

2uxzjgy.jpg

Throughout my whole time with the game, i had the perfect example of how well crafted and rewarding the game was, from the get go you get yourself wrapped with one of the best stories i ever had the pleasure to be part of it. The game plays great, offers some of the trickiest puzzles i ever encountered in my life as gamer and rewards us with one hell of a ride, Catherine is indeed a game that made me feel proud of myself and i'm truly grateful that i had the chance to get this game as my new elite milestone. 

a132j8.gif

Congrats with the plat and reaching plat #100 bud :yay:

may i have my place on the throne now? :P

Yes, you're officially the third person to complete this event :D.

• Like 1

Congrats again Marc.

Another question for you guys. Im working on my normal playthrough now, its going surprisingly well, but how important is it to get gold? There is no trophy for normal gold. Is it just so i can skip the nightmares if i need to replay any days?

• Like 1

Congrats again Marc.

Another question for you guys. Im working on my normal playthrough now, its going surprisingly well, but how important is it to get gold? There is no trophy for normal gold. Is it just so i can skip the nightmares if i need to replay any days?

Precisely, having the chance to skip days on Normal will help tremendously if you need to go for many of the endings. Of course, I wouldn't bother too much to get it done during your first playthrough, just play and enjoy the game, paying attention to karma choices rather than gold prizes. That is what I did though, and not the one and only way to go, you can do as you feel like, as long as you keep an eye on what you need to get done :D

Edited by Omar
  • Like 1