Let's Play Catherine

Precisely, having the chance to skip days on Normal will help tremendously if you need to go for many of the endings. Of course, I wouldn't bother too much to get it done during your first playthrough, just play and enjoy the game, paying attention to karma choices rather than gold prizes. That is what I did though, and not the one and only way to go, you can do as you feel like, as long as you keep an eye on what you need to get done :D

I have all the Law endings from my easy run. Doing Chaos and neutral on normal. Thanks Omar.

• Like 1

So far only members whose usernames start with the letter M have completed the event. Coincidence or not? :hmm:.

That is a strange coincidence. Or is it? :ninja:

Let's see if mekktor can keep the streak going. No pressure or anything. ;)

Edited by MStalker58
  • Like 1

Congrats on the plat and the milestone! Only the coolest of the cool have Catherine as their 100th plat.  B)

thanks mate, i do feel really proud with this milestone :D

Congrats with the plat and reaching plat #100 bud :yay:

Yes, you're officially the third person to complete this event :D.

now we're talking bud really happy right now :D thanks and your event thread also helped a lot on the final push :D

• Like 1

Must be the Nightmare mode :awesome:

.......... *awkward silence while crickets are chirping in the background* ............

thanks mate, i do feel really proud with this milestone :D

now we're talking bud really happy right now :D thanks and your event thread also helped a lot on the final push :D

You've earned it. It's good to know this thread was so motivational bud :D, here's hoping it'll motivate others too.

Let's test it out :D.

• Like 1

Now i'm a elite dammit :D

PLATINUM 100 - CATHERINE 

Nice work, good on ya!

Oh yeah totally not feeling any pressure now.  :unsure:  ;)

I guess I did join the event hoping for a bit of motivation, and right away there it is! I've also been trying to decide whether to make a big push to get this as my 50th platinum. It seems like I have to just go for it.

Buuuuut on the other hand, it'll probably be hard enough without the extra time constraints.

So, now the question is - who is ready to step up and break the streak?!?!?!  :popcorn:

• Like 1

Nice work, good on ya!

Oh yeah totally not feeling any pressure now.  :unsure:  ;)

I guess I did join the event hoping for a bit of motivation, and right away there it is! I've also been trying to decide whether to make a big push to get this as my 50th platinum. It seems like I have to just go for it.

Buuuuut on the other hand, it'll probably be hard enough without the extra time constraints.

So, now the question is - who is ready to step up and break the streak?!?!?!  :popcorn:

Here's some extra motivation: plat #50 stays on your profile as a milestone forever :D.

Time constraints? The deadline is December 31 2016.

Here's some extra motivation: plat #50 stays on your profile as a milestone forever :D.

Time constraints? The deadline is December 31 2016.

Yep, that is a nice thought. A hard earned platinum for this great game deserves the spot for sure.

But, I'll be platting Game of Thrones next weekend, so I'd have just a week to do Stages 6-9 on Hard, Rapunzel and Babel.

Ok! I've decided I will give it a push over the next couple of days, see if I can't finish Hard mode at least. 

Yep, that is a nice thought. A hard earned platinum for this great game deserves the spot for sure.

But, I'll be platting Game of Thrones next weekend, so I'd have just a week to do Stages 6-9 on Hard, Rapunzel and Babel.

Ok! I've decided I will give it a push over the next couple of days, see if I can't finish Hard mode at least. 

Yeah definitely. 

Oh you meant it like that, I thought the deadline for this event :facepalm:. Anyway, should you need more time, you could always keep other plats unpopped on purpose.

Good luck with Babel :D.

I've done it! I got the platinum! Unfortunately, in my moment of panic and excitement when I was nearing the top of Axis Mundi, I forgot to have my phone ready, and missed the platinum pop up. So no picture.

Also, sorry I just showed up and never contributed to anything. I'll try to be more involved in future...things.

• Like 4

I've done it! I got the platinum! Unfortunately, in my moment of panic and excitement when I was nearing the top of Axis Mundi, I forgot to have my phone ready, and missed the platinum pop up. So no picture.

Also, sorry I just showed up and never contributed to anything. I'll try to be more involved in future...things.

Awesome, congrats :yay:.

Added you to the Hall of Fame as the fourth participant to complete this event. Also you're the first whose username doesn't start with the letter M :P.

Congrats on the plat! Even though you did end our streak of M's.......turns his head to glance at mekktor and just shakes his head

I can relate to that panic and excitement. I was so nervous when I reached the top of Axis Mundi that my hands were actually shaking. Forgetting to take a picture is understandable.  :)

Edited by MStalker58

.......turns his head to glance at mekktor and just shakes his head

I guess there's no avoiding the shame any more  :(

I did try my best. Even got through the first 64 Rapunzel levels last week. But it wasn't meant to be.

Happy to see others taking it down though  :)

I've done it! I got the platinum!

Congrats deepwater324!!

• Like 1

I did try my best. Even got through the first 64 Rapunzel levels last week. But it wasn't meant to be.

Happy to see others taking it down though  :)

No shame necessary. That streak had to come to an end sometime. At least you completed half of the Rapunzel stages. Just 64 more to go! Good luck finishing them off.  :)

Edited by MStalker58

No shame necessary. That streak had to come to an end sometime. At least you completed half of the Rapunzel stages. Just 64 more to go! Good luck finishing them off.  :)

Even watching videos I still fail Rapunzel sometimes. He has some good techniques that will really make the nightmares a little easier.

Those Rapunzel stages are just so boring. IMO about 20 or so would've been enough.

Those Rapunzel stages are just so boring. IMO about 20 or so would've been enough.

Couldn't agree more. Like audiopile was saying, they can be useful in learning and illustrating how different techniques work, but there are way too many and it just becomes a boring grind. 20 is about perfect, 128 is just insane.

Definitely my least favorite part of the game.

Edited by MStalker58

Tried getting the Gold Prizes on Normal again today, and I managed to unlock Obelisk. As it turns out, my PS3 controllers weren't working properly (found this out when I was playing Jak and Daxter, and Jak would attack or crouch randomly when i wasn't pressing anything), so I used my PS4 controller and got the 5th Gold Prize without any problems. I'll work on the Rapunzel stages again before I work on the remaining 4 Gold Prizes on Normal.