Fallout game idea

Stargazer2600

Ok so i been playing quite a bit of Fallout 4 recently and was talking to a friend on PS4 when he said he wished it was multiplayer. naturally i thought Fallout should never be multiplayer but the more i thought about it, the more the ideas started cooking and now i think i have a damn good idea for Multiplayer and id like your thoughts on it.

So Fallout 4 introduced a lot of new things that could actually fit well in multiplayer. The S.P.E.C.I.A.L system could allow for MANY different builds. The builds could be so vast that it be really rare to come across the same build twice.

The armor and weapon mod system could add such a twist to online combat and add such a variety to weapons that no two weapons could really be the same since a 10mm pistol could vary from player to player.

The map is so large you could easily fir 20-30 players in a wasteland and make cities like diamond city a "safe zone". Add the creatures, raiders and giant creatures to spice up combat, Say two players are going at it and suddenly a pack of super mutants rushes in. things would get intense really fast.

Have online quest

R* proved with GTA that having crews and gangs can really spice up a game and a game like Fallout would scream for it online. Let people make raider gangs and use the base building system so players can go out and scavange for base supplies like you do originally to create a strong base. then once the base is ready, let them send out a bacon so other players can attack it. Say other players get 15 min to take the base, if they do. The players get a huge cap and exp reward. if they dont then the defenders win it

theres a lot of potential for a fallout online, you just got to be a little crafty with it.

Thoughts?

Edited by Stargazer2600

• 3 weeks later...

Wouldn't work with the faction system, if you have someone who has p***ed off the Brotherhood of Steel with someone who joined them, how does the game take it when they are together?

Theres also issue with narrow paths in the game, do you allow players to warp through one another? etc

if they made something that was perfectly functioning and good I think it could have huge potential, but I doubt it will happen with the sheer magnitude of work, content that would need to be polished. It would be similar to elder scrolls online but hopefully reworked nicely.

Personally not a fan of MP on the whole, a few exceptions here and there but generally it's generic and monotonous. Think Bugthesda would be doing themselves a disservice delving into multiplayer. I'd rather devs focused on making a solid 100 hour RPG single player, than mess about with multiplayer and aspects of the single player suffers because of this.

Don't play Fallout myself, due to the crappy engine and the amount of bugs the games seem to have. On that note, could the game handle multiplayer? Not too sure. MAYBE if they worked on a new engine and had a completely seperate team working on multiplayer it COULD work, but I doubt it. Not every game needs multiplayer, feels like most multiplayer modes are just shoved onto the end of a decent product to prolong it's life or at the request of publishers in the hope of more sales.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like a idea but I agree to that it would be a disaster if they add multiplayer. So I just would let it be a solo game and nothing more. If they even try to do it I know that they would fuck the whole game up and it won't be anything good.