I Am Setsuna coming in summer.

Daniel_Shadow170

http://gematsu.com/2016/03/i-am-setsuna-coming-west-ps4-pc-this-summer   For those who don't know/want to read the article it has a chrono trigger battle system. Also vita port was dropped.   EDIT:Seems the SE facebook says it's digital only.

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/i-am-setsuna-director-wed-consider-the-vita-version-for-the-us         If you want a vita version speak up ask SE on facebook and twitter.

Edited by ShadowStrike002

A person on Gem said that they saw a PC version pop up too, does that mean Square might be moving onto PS4/PC JRPGS only in the west? If so, god bless Satoshi in this time of darkness.

The game looks nice, I would have preferred a Vita version because it looks like a nice handheld game to mess about with.

R.I.P Satoshi!!

Edited by FlareXV

A person on Gem said that they saw a PC version pop up too, does that mean Square might be moving onto PS4/PC JRPGS only in the west? If so, god bless Satoshi in this time of darkness.

The game looks nice, I would have preferred a Vita version because it looks like a nice handheld game to mess about with.

R.I.P Satoshi!!

Well I heard that the Vita version had slight performance issues, so I don't mind it not being ported.

"I Am Setsuna has a Chrono Trigger-inspired battle system and brings back the “authentic RPG gameplay, beautiful art design, and sorrowful story” of the classic Japanese RPGs to the current generation. It is led by director Atsushi Hashimoto and promises the “narrative depth, impactful storytelling, and masterful character development” of yesteryear."

Very nice. This is why I used to like these kind of games, they made the story aspect very important in a video game for me.

I'll be keeping an eye on this one :D

Edited by Lord_of_Ra

It would have been nice to see this title on the Vita in the west. Even the load times would have been "okay" (not the best to wait ~13 seconds when going from map to town but it's somehow acceptable for me).Sadly I don't feel the urge to play the game on PS4. It's not that I'm the kind of gamer that wants top-notch graphics on console but it would have been nice to play the game in shorter time intervals. I don't want to boot up the PS4 just to play for 5 to 15 minutes.

But let's see for what price it will be released. Maybe I will still grab it day one. 

Oh god that naming... simple and... ugly...

Why couldn't names stay in their proper form... or translated form.

R.I.P Satoshi!!

Actually, on the contrary.

They made it easier for me =D

I was wondering whether to buy it for Vita or finally have a game for PS4 after months.

Good, SE, I can live with that.

I shall not accept chibi FF PS4-only, though.

Actually, on the contrary.

They made it easier for me =D

I was wondering whether to buy it for Vita or finally have a game for PS4 after months.

Good, SE, I can live with that.

I shall not accept chibi FF PS4-only, though.

Your Vita relationship is so strong that not even Hana Kana could take you away from your device. 

GameInformer has this to say:

setsuna3.14610.jpg

The first project from Square Enix's Tokyo RPG Factory has been announced, I Am Setsuna, and the game will come out this summer on PS4 and PC via Steam.

The label's aim is to create games reminiscent of classic JRPGs for the current systems. Tokyo RPG Factory says that I Am Setsuna's battle system is inspired by that of Chrono Trigger, so at least it's aiming high.

BTW, here's Dan Tack's sleuthing from the original announcement.

• 1 month later...