Online server

HElSENBERG79

On 27/11/2021 at 9:41 AM, pavelbagirov said:

Which trophies is online in this game?

With online partner game is easier or fine solo too?

The Path of Co-operation, What it Means to Fight Together, Sorcerer with a Swift Arm which is doing multiplayer 1/20/100 times respectively. Ad Hoc counts as doing multiplayer so you don't actually need to be online to do them. You don't even need to clear levels as failing a mission seems to count too, though don't waste time purposely failing missions.

As for difficulty. If on your own enemies will have less health so you can take them out quicker. Having AI help you (can't do that in Ad Hoc by the way) makes the fight longer but can allow you to do fights you might normally not be able to do. Kaldr who can be recruited from Avalon Pact 7.1 (ain't a hard mission) is practically immortal so doesn't require you to babysit her, while she can revive you whenever you go down. Of course you are free to use whoever you like though I would suggest not taking along "Dark" characters as they will straight up game over you if you go down, for basically no gain as whatever difference in damage they do compared to the other two ally types is irrelevant.

On 12/2/2021 at 3:24 PM, Rozalia1 said:

The Path of Co-operation, What it Means to Fight Together, Sorcerer with a Swift Arm which is doing multiplayer 1/20/100 times respectively. Ad Hoc counts as doing multiplayer so you don't actually need to be online to do them. You don't even need to clear levels as failing a mission seems to count too, though don't waste time purposely failing missions.

As for difficulty. If on your own enemies will have less health so you can take them out quicker. Having AI help you (can't do that in Ad Hoc by the way) makes the fight longer but can allow you to do fights you might normally not be able to do. Kaldr who can be recruited from Avalon Pact 7.1 (ain't a hard mission) is practically immortal so doesn't require you to babysit her, while she can revive you whenever you go down. Of course you are free to use whoever you like though I would suggest not taking along "Dark" characters as they will straight up game over you if you go down, for basically no gain as whatever difference in damage they do compared to the other two ally types is irrelevant.

I would add that From Cover to Cover is technically an online trophy. If the servers aren't on, it's likely you won't be able to access Leave Gift/Receive Gift/Hear Whispers/Play Online in the Multiplayer menu.

11 hours ago, POEman553 said:

I would add that From Cover to Cover is technically an online trophy. If the servers aren't on, it's likely you won't be able to access Leave Gift/Receive Gift/Hear Whispers/Play Online in the Multiplayer menu.

According to those that comment on the matter it ain't as you can access the pages even if it fails. However, best to not risk it I'd say as there have been cases like Grand Kingdom (?) where something people didn't think needed online did.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, POEman553 said:

Can you confirm that? Need to add to the server shutdown thread in case that's true because the platinum will become unobtainable contraty to popular belief

53 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

Can you confirm that? Need to add to the server shutdown thread in case that's true because the platinum will become unobtainable contraty to popular belief

I'll try to but I will have to test it on another Vita and get past Sorcerer's Ordeal on a different account with the Wifi turned off. It'll take a bit.

EDIT: I realized that I don't have the online pass on the other account so it won't matter if the Wifi is turned off or not.

Edited by POEman553

8 hours ago, charlomagno said:

Hello guys, as you may know, they're closing servers of this game and Freedom wars, how hard is to get the online trophies of this game? I'll be fine if I only get the online trophies and left the rest of the game after the closure of the servers? Or it's impossible.

Honestly, I don't feel like there's enough time between now and December 24 to Platinum Soul Sacrifice. The gameplay is fucking broken (fuck you Leviathan boss battle) and you have to play every day and even then the AI partners are dumb. It's not like Freedom Wars, which is at least doable in the time remaining (online co-op partners with overpowered accessories carry people through battles).

So I guess I'll get the online trophies, but the Avalon pacts (VI - X) will prevent the Platinum for me unless I somehow overlevel and do something like have 99/99 for both life and magic in the next few weeks.

Edited by POEman553

12 hours ago, POEman553 said:

Honestly, I don't feel like there's enough time between now and December 24 to Platinum Soul Sacrifice. The gameplay is fucking broken (fuck you Leviathan boss battle) and you have to play every day and even then the AI partners are dumb. It's not like Freedom Wars, which is at least doable in the time remaining (online co-op partners with overpowered accessories carry people through battles).

So I guess I'll get the online trophies, but the Avalon pacts (VI - X) will prevent the Platinum for me unless I somehow overlevel and do something like have 99/99 for both life and magic in the next few weeks.

That all depends on how much time can be dedicated to it. We're talking at about 40-45 hours or so to 100% from what I've seen so we're not dealing with a 100+ hours title here.

Also... I recognise your name. You did the double Illecebra mission with 3 others right? Sorry about that. I was having trouble with that mission so checked if anybody was online but the people who joined were simply too low level and so kept going down quickly. Wasn't a complete waste though as during that fight, don't know if you noticed, but one of the Illecebras was on the other side of the map as we fought 1 of them. Seeing that I tried it with AI and lured one away so I could 1 vs 1 and then with that beat the mission, though it took a while. I'll address some other things you've noted to help you.

AI partners are generally crap yes but there are good ones. Kaldr who is gotten from VII.1 is extremely durable to where it makes you think they put a decimal point in the wrong place for her defence or HP to where she has 10x that she should have. Tirsus from Child of a Monster.4 seems to be the best character for the second slot as he is reasonably durable, though not close to Kaldr obviously. Note that they will only grow stronger as you level up their affinity so if you're still having trouble with harder missions you can try boosting that up. The first affinity level up gives them another healing move which further ups their survivability, while the second level up gives them an armour move which does the same. Third level up is who cares move wise but I believe all these level ups do up their stats.

I've heard 99/1 can make it difficult to die, however you'll take much longer to kill enemies than you would with 1/99. I'd not worry about focusing on one stat straight away though as you have to do a whole bunch of saving in missions to unlock others anyway (my advice is to do the missions unlocked via sacrificing first and then swap to the save path so you keep the unlocked character). All the saves I needed to do ended up with me having 35 or so, so I levelled up to 40 life to grab the Black Rite and then began to level down to make space for magic levels. 1/99 is what is generally recommended and seems correct. Don't delevel all the way once you start though, do it slowly so you can still benefit from your life upgrades as you level up magic.

The top Avalon pacts aren't actually that bad. Anything with a singular boss should be easily beatable due to you having AI present to revive you. Gemini boss fights are the tough ones as you'll have two bosses to fight and they love to double team unless you can split them up. Ruined Griffin you have to take the Griffin out first, target the wings to try to break them as it becomes less dangerous that way. Use Fire Armour in the fight as that by itself makes the Phoenix in the fight much less of a threat. Double Illecebras I already mentioned. Double Eleven Queen you should likely take a shield with you as a shield will stop that move where they go red and start charging at you for a long time. Your load out should look something like this. 2x gold throwing weapon of an element (Ice is good). Then 1x gold throwing weapon of whatever that element is weak to, so Volt if using Ice. When you freeze an enemy with the Ice weapons hit the boss another 5 or so times with Ice, and then use Volt to detonate them. For your second set you should have a healing seed (L) for quick healing, though do boost it to 3 star by repeating some easy missions that reward that item. Taking an armour with you helps against all enemies but can render some enemies like Phoenix toothless. Finally get one of those gold golems, preferably of whatever element your 2x throwing weapon is. Those golems are reasonably durable, can do serious damage, and against some bosses (easier on certain maps) blocks their pathing to the point that they become walking in place targets for you. 

Leviathan requires a more specific set up. First off it can't be detonated from what I can see so pack x2 gold Volt throwing weapon (you can hit him while it is stunned or after it slams) as it is weak against Volt, but in the third slot put in one of those flower bomb things (you should boost it for more uses) of the Volt element (the one that does 200 damage, or 300 if you have the stronger version). When Leviathan slams you or does a sweep you can have him touch those and damage him that way. Take healing and armour with you (Frost would be best) and then in the final slot use the item that you get from Wyvern that gives you a special dodge animation where you go underground (like Wyvern does) for a short bit. That dodge animation if you time it correctly (not difficult) dodges Leviathan's sweep. If Leviathan does the water beam move then look around for some guy popping out of the ground and hit him with your Volt attacks to stun Leviathan for a significant period of time.

Oh and a further tip for people. You can get easy access to gold throwing weapons the moment you unlock "Hour of Jonquil" in the forgotten pacts (I think progress during the main story is what unlocks it). Mission 7 in that, a shard finding mission, rewards the basic gold version of the offering without an element (you can fuse to make an element, though you need to do one more mission to have the fusions show up) and the only enemies in the mission are basic enemies that are easily killed. The only catch is you can't take damage during the mission and the level has fire pools so at times you'll have to wait for the fire to clear before you continue on to the next shards. 

Edited by Rozalia1
  • Like 1

Thanks for the advice - and yes, I did play online and was severely underleveled. I spent about an hour this morning doing Pride pact - collect life shards mission and essentially leveled myself up to 27/42 by killing enemies and save/sacrifice (although I really want it be more of 50/50 or higher). I may do it that way to give myself a cushion for the later pacts so I'm not getting wiped out online and end as useless.

Edited by POEman553

53 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

Thanks for the advice - and yes, I did play online and was severely underleveled. I spent about an hour this morning doing Pride pact - collect life shards mission and essentially leveled myself up to 27/42 by killing enemies and save/sacrifice (although I really want it be more of 50/50 or higher). I may do it that way to give myself a cushion for the later pacts so I'm not getting wiped out online and end as useless.

I'm not yet at 1/99 so I can't say for certain but armour goes a long way to stopping one shots, and I'm running the sigil that reduces my defence by 45%. Oh, and I forgot to mention this previously. A real nice tip, is that if you press Start when the bosses are transforming you can skip the animation which allows you to run up to them and summon your golem on them. 

Best mission for XP would be Memories Remain 6 I think it is, has a Hydra. You can do it in a minute to 2 minutes. If you want to boost affinity at the same time then you can do a mission in Avalon pact 5 with a boss. Though be aware that if boosting your magic then you can't boost the affinity of divine allies as they'll leave after every sacrifice of a boss. If you're boosting life though then it is all good.

20 hours ago, POEman553 said:

Well... We still have a chance, they announced the closure of the Asian servers, maybe they'll keep the North American servers a few months 

• Like 1

I'm hoping I can plat Freedom Wars (or at the very least get all the hard trophies out of the way) this week so I can hop into Soul Sacrifice and knock out all the online trophies before Christmas eve. I've got both SS and SS Delta still in the plastic but realistically I probably won't be able to get to Delta before the servers shut down unfortunately :(  I see a lot of grinding in my future... 

12 hours ago, Pray_4_the_End said:

I'm hoping I can plat Freedom Wars (or at the very least get all the hard trophies out of the way) this week so I can hop into Soul Sacrifice and knock out all the online trophies before Christmas eve. I've got both SS and SS Delta still in the plastic but realistically I probably won't be able to get to Delta before the servers shut down unfortunately :(  I see a lot of grinding in my future... 

You can pretty much get the online trophies also after the shutdown through adhoc. But you mean probably get better progress in Soul Sacrifice to make the platinum easier later on i assume? I just recommend to do the whole game in general before the shutdown. You would probably spend 80 hours for both games Freedom Wars and Soul Sacrifice if pros can boost you up in the game and get you good items and make the platinum easy cake.

Edited by TazDevilz1986
  • Like 1