Awful Droprates for Shackles and Proof of Concord

ForbiddenDonut87

This makes me feel like a Plastic Bag

"Drifting through the wind, wanting to start again?" :P

but yeah, it sucks. i basically maxed my luck and got 4 or 5 per hour on average. i'd suggest to listen to music, watch a stream or netflix or whatever and just keep at it. it's not THAT bad in the end.

after an hour or so the farming basically went to full-auto mode for me, i didn't even really think much about it.

i just rolled through the lunge attack of the first one, he basically always does this, and backstabbed him, charging an R2 while he's getting back up.

the second one almost always does that kinda delayed, overhead lightning attack which you can just circle-strafe an punish with a backstab, too.

actually made a video of my last proof, because i was so happy about it, where you can see this strat i was basically doing the whole time: 

good luck man!

but yeah, it sucks. i basically maxed my luck and got 4 or 5 per hour on average. i'd suggest to listen to music, watch a stream or netflix or whatever and just keep at it. it's not THAT bad in the end.

after an hour or so the farming basically went to full-auto mode for me, i didn't even really think much about it.

i just rolled through the lunge attack of the first one, he basically always does this, and backstabbed him, charging an R2 while he's getting back up.

the second one almost always does that kinda delayed, overhead lightning attack which you can just circle-strafe an punish with a backstab, too.

actually made a video of my last proof, because i was so happy about it, where you can see this strat i was basically doing the whole time: 

good luck man!

Do people now understand why I farmed my proof of concord ?

S M F H

Edited by Acropyre

just realizing, by rewatching this video, that this isn't really the best example of the "strat" i mentioned, because i missed the charged R2 on the first (wasn't necessary tho') and missed the backstab on the second one... but well, i guess you get the idea ;)

and tbh, farming is the only option right now, i'm pretty sure. the mechanics are just too strict. i mean who even uses the counterpart covenant (way of the blue / blue sentinels?) above level 20 or so anyways?

Edited by dernop

I honestly wonder how much the item discovery stat actually raises your chances of getting a drop. I was at around 300 the whole time and I got 3 items per hour on average for all the difficult covenants.

From what I've seen so far 400-500 item discovery does pretty much nothing to raise that.

Edited by ShadowReplicant

Did anyone actually question the way you did it? Like seriously?

There were ppl that ssaid I was just "mindlessly killing enemies" that I "wasted" my time doing so because I did not do the Darkmoon legitly SMFH

Ppl were just too quick to said their own opinions

good luck man!

That's exactly what I do.

Crush Coin > Evade Silver Lance > 3-4 hits > *expect a PoaCK* > turn around and get to the Silver Sword > Evade once/twice > backstab > *expect a PoaCK* > "oh, another run without PoaCK"

I farmed Swordgrass, Dregs and Vertebrae like this.

Really hoping for an Item Dupe Glitch

This Proof of Concord business is a farce. I've farmed Anor Londo knights so much, even before going for items, just for the souls earlier in the playthrough. In all have not seen one drop. I only had a single drop somewhere else and found two. So all in all got three. I can get to 312 item discovery because don't have that rapier and can't respec cos would be killed by knights instantly. I'm giving up hope.

This Proof of Concord business is a farce. I've farmed Anor Londo knights so much, even before going for items, just for the souls earlier in the playthrough. In all have not seen one drop. I only had a single drop somewhere else and found two. So all in all got three. I can get to 312 item discovery because don't have that rapier and can't respec cos would be killed by knights instantly. I'm giving up hope.

If you still have the Soul of the Crystal Sage, you can get it without actually losing your soul. What you do is back up your file on PS+, buy the rapier from the transposing vendor, give the rapier to your friend, and then reload your file from the PS+ cloud and collect your rapier from your friend, or you can ask someone on this site to pass you a copy of thiers. If you really want to respec and pick up Luck, an upgraded Anri's Straight Sword is a good option, as it scales off Luck, but I found that Luck didn't help too much in Proof of Concord drops. (personal experience). 

Edited by Griffon234

That's exactly what I do.

Crush Coin > Evade Silver Lance > 3-4 hits > *expect a PoaCK* > turn around and get to the Silver Sword > Evade once/twice > backstab > *expect a PoaCK* > "oh, another run without PoaCK"

I farmed Swordgrass, Dregs and Vertebrae like this.

Really hoping for an Item Dupe Glitch

the only way to dupe items is by backing up  a safe trade it to an AKA reload ur safe trade it back safe repeat.   however  covenant items are not tradeable and cant be duped for that reason.    use gold coin's get atleast 65 points in luck "relocate for this purpose"  wear crystal rapier in offhand and symbol of avarys.  also very important. kil the red eyed knight to. befor resetting your run.   all 3 have to be killed "this wil get you around 1 poack  in each 15-30 kils. wich wil average about 1 or 2 per 15 min's

try to do this in ng+ as its the best chance aperantly

Edited by DivineFoxy

the only way to dupe items is by backing up  a safe trade it to an AKA reload ur safe trade it back safe repeat.   however  covenant items are not tradeable and cant be duped for that reason.    use gold coin's get atleast 65 points in luck "relocate for this purpose"  wear crystal rapier in offhand and symbol of avarys.  also very important. kil the red eyed knight to. befor resetting your run.   all 3 have to be killed "this wil get you around 1 poack  in each 15-30 kils. wich wil average about 1 or 2 per 15 min's

try to do this in ng+ as its the best chance aperantly

I wear those, and kill all 3 of them. Today I tried again and got 3 Proofs in 1 hour, which is extremely lucky. Will try again later. 

Thanks a bunch

After 3+ hours I got them all (started with 6 PoaCK), in NG with 410 Luck. 

I noticed that the drop rate took around 10+/- minutes (30+/- knights like  DivineFoxy said). That + some extra 2kk souls obtained + whatever is worth all of the armour pieces + maxing out my Titanite Shards/Larges and selling the extras. 

Finally over with this bullshit, now I'll never let go of my Way of the Blue in NG+ and hope it helps some Sentinel Blades. 

EDIT: The last PoaCK took 2 or 3 times more to drop. Fuck you FROM, I know you were watching me

Edited by YRGS

After 3+ hours I got them all (started with 6 PoaCK), in NG with 410 Luck. 

I noticed that the drop rate took around 10+/- minutes (30+/- knights like  DivineFoxy said). That + some extra 2kk souls obtained + whatever is worth all of the armour pieces + maxing out my Titanite Shards/Larges and selling the extras. 

Finally over with this bullshit, now I'll never let go of my Way of the Blue in NG+ and hope it helps some Sentinel Blades. 

EDIT: The last PoaCK took 2 or 3 times more to drop. Fuck you FROM, I know you were watching me

haha np i try to help asmuch as i can with info :)  glad you got it done!

Got all 30 Proofs and 10 Human Dregs in like 4 hours grinding at knights with Aldrich covenant on at SL190.

NG+, Symbol of Avarice, Covetous ring +2, crushing coins and killing all three knights.

Worst luck I had was going 30 mins with no progress made. 

Best of luck to anyone going for plat!

If you still have the Soul of the Crystal Sage, you can get it without actually losing your soul. 

Good shout, I just started ng+ and beat Crystal Sage. I don't have a clue where my Anri's Sword is even though I did the quest and got the last ending. I was so angry at all of this I totally forgot about the Crystal Rapier again.

Anyway I finally got those knights to drop me two Proofs of Concord so at least I can believe it's possible. But god what am I doing with my life.

I got 2 Proofs every 15 mins...with 520+ item discovery...using symbol of avarice, 2 sage crystal rapier(main hand and offhand), Covetous Gold Serpent Ring+2, coins and a lot of points in luck (maybe 65 or 75 don't remember now).

I noticed the red eyed silver knight drop rate was much better, at least for me.

Edited by ivangutjahr

I bumped my item discovery to 380 and got 5 Proofs in 30 min. Later got 1 in an hour and 0 in the next hour (400 ID by then). I seriously hate everything about this grind and people who came up with this broken shit should go f... themselves.

I finished up the Proof of Concord grind last night - I ended up going to Rosaria and redoing my character into a build with 99 luck just for the covenant grinds. I'm in NG+, used Anri's Straight Sword (which scales with luck), and equipped the Gold Serpant Ring +1, Symbol of Avarice, and the Crystal Rapier to get to 424 item discovery before using any coins. When using the gold coins, I would kill all three nights (to make sure I got at least three kills with those since the gold coins are rare), but I found the route quicker to just kill the first two knights when using the normal rusted coins.

In total I think it took just over six hours and I got millions of souls. If you're grinding, or considering grinding for the Proofs, make sure you've given the Dragon Chaser's Ashes to the shrine handmaiden so that you can use your excess souls to buy Twinkling Titanite, Titanite Scales, and Titanite Chucks.