Awful Droprates for Shackles and Proof of Concord

ForbiddenDonut87

Even with Gold serpent ring +2, mimic head, and crystal rapier, the drop rates are terrible. I love Souls/BB games but getting the last miracle and pyromancy has left a sour taste. Seriously f this game. Hope FromSoftware goes out of business and Miyazaki is forced to make COD or Farmville games bro. Jeez wtf son omg wtf bro damn.

Edited by ForbiddenDonut87

As they say patience is a virtue. Yes it takes a long time to farm them especially the Proofs as being summoned as a Blade Of The Darkmoon doesn't seem to happen to often. But if you want that shiny plat then farming you will have to do. Some people seem to get lucky and farm them in a few hours. Others like myself it can take 7 to 8 hours or more.

you can farm the shackles more easily with a buddy by summoning each others purple sign (madbros) and the kill each other. and don't forget to set a password, so you don't get summoned by randoms ;)

the other stuff doesn't seem that bad, so this basically only leaves the 'proofs' from the silver knights.. i am NOT looking forward to that. the autosummon covenants like darkmoon and the wolf thingy is supposedly somehow broken or at least glitchy right now (it's all over reddit), so this isn't really an option :(

Yup, you're better off farming for shackles the intended way, i usually get summoned pretty quickly when i put my sign down. For the proofs, sorry but you're going to have to go through farming hell for them.

Edited by Happy

I would farm an hour or two at a time as a whole day of farming gets disheartening very very quickly. I was really enjoying the game until I started farming Proofs. Thankfully I have all I need now and the only farming of anything I have left now is another 10 or 11 Shackles.

• Like 1

lol ty for the replies. I didn't mean those means things I said. Do you have to farm 8 hours straight to get stuff or can I do like an hour a day for a series of days. RNG is RNG no?

perhaps you should edit your original post then, before this turns into youtube comment section ;)

about your question: you don't have to do it in one session of course. like you said: RNG is RNG, just do it as fast or slow as you want!

just do the pvp content can get them easely and fast that way "not the concords tho those are always slow"  but mould makers is easy to get.    they made it to get it in multiplayer pvp not farm thats why they made the droprate so rare. if you choose to do it the slow unintended way to get them thats your choice don't blaime them for it xD  and the wolf covenant works properly just have to stay within a certain level cap xD

Edited by DivineFoxy

Even with Gold serpent ring +2, mimic head, and crystal rapier, the drop rates are terrible. I love Souls/BB games but getting the last miracle and pyromancy has left a sour taste. Seriously f this game. Hope FromSoftware goes out of business and Miyazaki is forced to make COD or Farmville games bro. Jeez wtf son omg wtf bro damn.

Seems a bit harsh, but I agree that the construction of the Blue Sentinel covenant is just annoying. I would have thought they'd learned their lesson from DS2. I mean, honestly - how many people actually join a "covenant of the meek"? It just makes no sense.

you can farm the shackles more easily with a buddy by summoning each others purple sign (madbros) and the kill each other. and don't forget to set a password, so you don't get summoned by randoms ;)

the other stuff doesn't seem that bad, so this basically only leaves the 'proofs' from the silver knights.. i am NOT looking forward to that. the autosummon covenants like darkmoon and the wolf thingy is supposedly somehow broken or at least glitchy right now (it's all over reddit), so this isn't really an option :(

Again, I think it's just structural. For example, the auto-summon for Aldritch Faithful is almost instantaneous (and incredibly fun).

They should have tied Blue Sentinels to Watchdogs of Farron and the like, so that players would get a lot more action.

You dont get shackles for summoning and kill the purple. It has to be an invasion for shackles to drop. Just tried and then checked the wiki for confirmation. Shackles is probably the worst of the more possible to PvP items as unless you sign down invasions forces you to invade gankers/groups before it tries to put you against solos. Granted proofs took me about 11 hours. That isnt really a smart PvP grind as the chances of getting summoned are basically zero. 

You dont get shackles for summoning and kill the purple. It has to be an invasion for shackles to drop. Just tried and then checked the wiki for confirmation. Shackles is probably the worst of the more possible to PvP items as unless you sign down invasions forces you to invade gankers/groups before it tries to put you against solos. Granted proofs took me about 11 hours. That isnt really a smart PvP grind as the chances of getting summoned are basically zero. 

You can actually boost shackles with a friend. Just set a password and summon him while he's using the covenant emblem. You can even kill yourself while the other player is in the loading screen and he will get the Shackle when he joins the world. I tried this method myself. Can be done in around 30-45 minutes.

I tried this post patch and it worked fine. Don't undestand why you didn't get the Shackle.  :unsure:

Edited by Aexuz

i personally just put my sign down in anor londo and pvped all 30 easely and pretty fast.  also great belfry is a amazing spot to do this without ganksquads.    however you can farm it with a budy. yes killed the purple dosn't give you the chackle thats why you let the friend kil you and place your sign to let him be able to let you kill him xD

You dont get shackles for summoning and kill the purple.

correct, the purple gets a shackle for killing YOU. so you just did it the wrong way around ;) that's how i farmed those with a purpal of mine.

the other two above me basically already said that, but i just wanted to reconfirm.

No, you don't get a shackle for killing the purple, but you do get a shackle if you are summoned and kill the host. You can set up a password and be summoned over and over and kill the host. If you use Red Sign Soapstone you can even do it without the host being in ember form. I can confirm this works because I did this 6 hours ago and boosted 23 shackles.

correct, the purple gets a shackle for killing YOU. so you just did it the wrong way around ;) that's how i farmed those with a purpal of mine.

the other two above me basically already said that, but i just wanted to reconfirm.

oh sorry i read it as you were summoning a purple and killing him not the summoning then dying. Yeah that would make more sense. 

Shackles are easy, try putting down  a red summon sign outside pontiff, I get summoned in seconds to fight, make sure to beat red invading phantoms not summon phantoms to get shackles, or beat purple phantoms, or host of embers. White phantoms, summoned reds, and coop phantoms don't give you shackles.

Proof of Concord is my bane tho, I feel you. Spent four hours farming the knights in Anor Londo and got four. I need 15 more. The real issue is Darkmoon and Blue Sentinels never summon. I've got 30 hours of carrying the darkmoon covenant and I've not once been summoned.

This is the most mind-numbing grindfest since Final Fantasy XIII. God dammit FromSoftware, and here I was thinking that Bloodborne was such a huge step forward.

Heh, I personally wouldn't go that far lol, and I think I was one of the unluckier ones in terms of Proof of Concord Kept farming (11 hours..), I still found this significantly faster than the awful Gil farming/CP farming. 

Let's face it though, neither of these games have anything in comparison to FFX. xD

When I first starting farming Proof's I would get one drop an hour... this was with 415 luck in NG++... I decided to try again at NG+++ and reallocate my stats so I would have 99 Luck (so I could get a max Item Discovery of 499)... I was getting drops much more often, about 3-4 an hour. PS - I was SL 180-ish during this. I don't think anyone can say for certain just yet if NG cycles affect drop rates, but it seemed to have an impact for me. 

AT THE SAME TIME... during all my grinding this weekend drop rates were very inconsistent... sometimes I'd get one an hour, once I got two Proofs in a row.. other times I'd get about one every ten minutes. But overall bumping my item discovery to 499 and going into NG+++ had an improved drop rate.

When I first starting farming Proof's I would get one drop an hour... this was with 415 luck in NG++... I decided to try again at NG+++ and reallocate my stats so I would have 99 Luck (so I could get a max Item Discovery of 499)... I was getting drops much more often, about 3-4 an hour. PS - I was SL 180-ish during this. I don't think anyone can say for certain just yet if NG cycles affect drop rates, but it seemed to have an impact for me. 

AT THE SAME TIME... during all my grinding this weekend drop rates were very inconsistent... sometimes I'd get one an hour, once I got two Proofs in a row.. other times I'd get about one every ten minutes. But overall bumping my item discovery to 499 and going into NG+++ had an improved drop rate.

actually ng+ worked better could get a drop around every 15 min with 435 item discovery also you get more souls per kill in ng+ compared to ng++ ng+++ or even ng++++

410 Item Discovery + 3 Hours = 1 PoaCK

Fuck this, seriously. 

I'm really really waiting for someone on the internet to show how to Item Dupe. Seriously fuck this RNG bullshit, today was the last time I wasted hours of my life farming for PoaCK

Edited by YRGS

410 Item Discovery + 3 Hours = 1 PoaCK

Fuck this, seriously. 

I'm really really waiting for someone on the internet to show how to Item Dupe. Seriously fuck this RNG bullshit, today was the last time I wasted hours of my life farming for PoaCK

Jesus. You have to be the unluckiest person I've heard of so far. And I averaged about 2 concords, occasionally 3 an hour.