DOOM Trophy List Discussion

WatertownsFinest

Oh god. OH. MY. GOD. (sorry, I'm fanboying all over the place atm).

Look at those MARVELLOUS trophy names. The Platinum and a bunch of other trophies are references to the basics of the series. I'm just hyperventilating right now.

As the huge fan of the franchise I am, I'll *definitely* get the Platinum (as long as the game is as awesome as the original one the trophies refers :P )

/fanboyismalloverthplaceing

Ah, looks good. Dissappointed that the mp trophies are so casual, loved the beta so I'm gonna be playing online a lot. Looks like we don't have to beat the whole game on ultra-nightmare so thats good.

ID did that with RAGE. But ultra-nightmare wasn't that hard in that game btw.

ID did that with RAGE. But ultra-nightmare wasn't that hard in that game btw.

Ultra Nightmare in RAGE was just a usual very hard mode. Ultra Nightmare in the new DOOM will work like New York Minute Hardcore in Max Payne 3: You need to clear the whole game without dying. Its the Hardcore variation of Nightmare.

Looks really easy, wouldnt be surprised if the dlc for this game is packed with online trophies.

They already announced 3 Multiplayer DLCs. So yeah, ALL DLC trophies will probably online trophies. The Question is: Will these trophies only reffer to the new stuff, or will they be like Battlefield Hardline ( reaching max rank, x thousand kills)?

What the hell is up with posing a trophy thoughts thread and not adding a direct link to the list? Am I the only one annoyed by that?

OT: doesn't look too bad. But I can see it now.

*fictional*

Complete all mission challenges->final mission - one challenge: complete this mission on Ultra-Nightmare difficulty... :/ Can't reach the final mission in U-N without playing the whole game that way. Well played developers, well played.

Ultra Nightmare in RAGE was just a usual very hard mode. Ultra Nightmare in the new DOOM will work like New York Minute Hardcore in Max Payne 3: You need to clear the whole game without dying. Its the Hardcore variation of Nightmare.

They already announced 3 Multiplayer DLCs. So yeah, ALL DLC trophies will probably online trophies. The Question is: Will these trophies only reffer to the new stuff, or will they be like Battlefield Hardline ( reaching max rank, x thousand kills)?

I'll be alright with that as long as it's something that doesn't take a ridiculous amount of time.

Edited by Ballz

Surprised there isn't a trophy for beating the game on Ultra-Nightmare. I'll still do it regardless, unless the missions includes beating the game on Ultra-Nightmare (I have my doubts). I'll be looking forward to the single-player, and if SnapMap delivers, there'll be some nice replay value like LittleBigPlanet.

The challenges may be a bit challenging (pun intended) but other than that, this wont be a difficult platinum

Surprised there isn't a trophy for beating the game on Ultra-Nightmare. I'll still do it regardless, unless the missions includes beating the game on Ultra-Nightmare (I have my doubts). I'll be looking forward to the single-player, and if SnapMap delivers, there'll be some nice replay value like LittleBigPlanet.

Possibly some of the challenges for levels may require you to be on a certain difficulty in order to be completed.

What the hell is up with posing a trophy thoughts thread and not adding a direct link to the list? Am I the only one annoyed by that?

OT: doesn't look too bad. But I can see it now.

*fictional*

Complete all mission challenges->final mission - one challenge: complete this mission on Ultra-Nightmare difficulty... :/ Can't reach the final mission in U-N without playing the whole game that way. Well played developers, well played.

If it comes to that, then as long as you are able to tackle the game on 3-5 hours tops using various tactics for speedrunning, then it'll definitely be a great challenge. Hopefully it won't be as long as a Max Payne 3 or else it'll be frustration incarnate though...

I'm more inclined to believe there might be a chapter select of sorts.

Edited by Lord_of_Ra

Oh god. OH. MY. GOD. (sorry, I'm fanboying all over the place atm).

Look at those MARVELLOUS trophy names. The Platinum and a bunch of other trophies are references to the basics of the series. I'm just hyperventilating right now.

As the huge fan of the franchise I am, I'll *definitely* get the Platinum (as long as the game is as awesome as the original one the trophies refers :P )

/fanboyismalloverthplaceing

Glad I'm not the only one thinking this. IDDQD/IDKFA, E1M1, Rip and Tear.

Just yes.

• Like 1

I can't wait to get my hands on Doom again!

To my knowledge, the trophy for beating UAC on Ultra Nightmare is most of the campaign not just a single level??

It's Bethesda and ID, can't see them letting us off that easy ...

Edited by ItsAllAboutTheGaming

Looks like 3 MP trophies? Not sure what SnapMap is.. Seems alright. Might get the game when it drops in price, wont bother with the MP.

I think there are only 5 multiplayer trophies (including SnapMap). I get the multiplayer trophies before doing the stories in games now (usually because a lot of servers are dead), can anyone confirm if those are the only ones? Wasn't sure about Runes or mission challenges (assume thats story, but I completely ignored any news about this game to go in with no expectations)