Official PSNP Song Vote XXVIII: One Year Anniversary!

***Watch the Mashup Video First*** to Hear all the Contestants Songs! Which songs did you like the most? Multiple choices are allowed  

48 members have voted

1. 1. ***Watch the Mashup Video First*** to Hear all the Contestants Songs! Which songs did you like the most? Multiple choices are allowed

• #1 Survivor - Is This Love
    • #2 Machinae Supremacy - Player One
    • #3 Disturbed - Criminal
    • #4 Blink-182 - Bored To Death
    • #5 Goose House - Hikaru Nara
    • #6 Fall Out Boy - Light 'Em Up
    • #7 Stereopony - Hitohira No Hanabira
    • #8 Epica - Cry For The Moon
    • #9 Simple Minds - Don't You
    • #10 Five Finger Death Punch
    • #11 Lights feat. Owl City - Cactus in the Valley
    • #12 Green Day - 21 Guns
    • #13 Claudia Vazquez - ICHIBAN WA ME
    • #14 Royal Blood - Figure it Out
    • #15 Fever Ray - When I Grow Up
    • #16 Violent Soho - Like Soda
    • #17 Sublime - Santeria
    • #18 DNCE - Cake by the Ocean
  2. 2. Vote for "Loose Song Limitation" of Official PSNP Song Vote XXIX -AND- Would You Want Any Of The Games If You Won The Giveaway?

• No Drums
    • Must Have a Violin
    • Songs That You Would Run To
    • ------What Game Would You Want If You Won In The Giveaway?-------
    • Uncharted 1
    • Uncharted 2
    • Uncharted 3
    • ^NONE OF THE ABOVE^

Damn I missed it, was so tired yesterday and fell asleep while the PS3 was recovering from a freeze :shakefist:.

Me too. I actually thought the posting ends tomorrow.. what a pity..

@Dav

Can you tell from what song is the sheet music from the banner? I even tried to play this at a different types of tempo but it tells me nothing (though it kinda fits me to Shouji Meguro style).

• Like 1

Can you tell from what song is the sheet music from the banner? I even tried to play this at a different types of tempo but it tells me nothing (though it kinda fits me to Shouji Meguro style).

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I wonder if Dav really did know what song I used in it? :P

• Like 1

Me too. I actually thought the posting ends tomorrow.. what a pity..

@Dav

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I wonder if Dav really did know what song I used in it? :P

Ok at first I thought I had the image, I was wrong lol. But after a lot of help from a friend who's in audio I've narrowed it down.

It's definitely Nobuo Uematsus work. And it's from the Golden Age of jrpgs(1990s).

I'm positive I know the game, and now it's a matter of remembering

Guess #1

Everyones on the edge of their seat to see if its correct. MASAMUUUNE!

Everyones on the edge of their seat to see if its correct. MASAMUUUNE!

Sorry, incorrect. warning-onion-head-emoticon.gif?12928625 I'll give you a hint though, you got the series right.

Ahh... that tune brings back memories tough. waiting-onion-head-emoticon.gif?12928625

Edited by Masamune
  • Like 1

Sorry, incorrect. warning-onion-head-emoticon.gif?12928625 I'll give you a hint though, you got the series right.

Ahh... that tune brings back memories tough. waiting-onion-head-emoticon.gif?12928625

I'll be spending the rest of the week listening to Final Fantasy OSTs lol

It's going to drive me nuts. But when I heard the sample(despite the unknown tempo) I knew I heard it before.

Glad I got the composer, series, and date range correct!

I'll be spending the rest of the week listening to Final Fantasy OSTs lol

It's going to drive me nuts. But when I heard the sample(despite the unknown tempo) I knew I heard it before.

Glad I got the composer, series, and date range correct!

Well, semi-correct. I guess it's technically from 1997, but that was a redone version from 2005 (that should tell you what it is right there). But, I'm amazed you got that much info out of just that little strip, I wouldn't be able to read that stuff if my life depended on it. xD

We can't let our SV Boss go nuts though, so here's the answer. :P

• Like 1

It's definitely Nobuo Uematsus work. And it's from the Golden Age of jrpgs(1990s).

I suppose you should get something for getting that close though, no gold star but... Let's see here *starts digging through junk drawer*, here you go! :D

3fBw7IO.png

• Like 1

Well, semi-correct. I guess it's technically from 1997, but that was a redone version from 2005 (that should tell you what it is right there). But, I'm amazed you got that much info out of just that little strip, I wouldn't be able to read that stuff if my life depended on it. xD

We can't let our SV Boss go nuts though, so here's the answer. :P

I nearly opened the spoiler... I refuse, I will get this lol

My ability to read sheet music is limited to trumpet, so I had to ask a friend who does professional audio to do it on the piano. I cheated ;)

Of course he had no idea the tempo, but the notes sounded so familiar(probably from me playing those games dozens of times). The game is now limited to ffvii, so it won't take me long now!

I suppose you should get something for getting that close though, no gold star but... Let's see here *starts digging through junk drawer*, here you go! :D

3fBw7IO.png

Lol I will take the star with pride!!

It's going in the profile!

Edited by Dav9834

Damn, I opened the spoiler. After ~38 songs, and regardless of me knowing pretty much you'd choose

one winged angel

I couldn't find the part that fit, you really had to pick a very difficult part to find in the song lol. Doesn't help that Uematsu uses those notes in a lot of the Final Fantasy songs with a slight difference. :shake fist:

I'll post what my friend sent me after I sent him the small section of sheet music. It is without a doubt the correct notes with the correct meter 3/4. But without a known tempo you can see why I thought it was gargan roo just at an imagined slower tempo.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f5dxxqqb13dqvpz/Dav%20Sample?dl=0

I don't think the sheet music is accurate to the original. He did say the last part seemed odd.

Edit:It's supposed to be the beginning in violin.

Edited by Dav9834

It is without a doubt the correct notes with the correct meter 3/4. But without a known tempo you can see why I thought it was gargan roo just at an imagined slower tempo.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f5dxxqqb13dqvpz/Dav%20Sample?dl=0

I don't think the sheet music is accurate to the original. He did say the last part seemed odd.

It depends on arrangement but the original version is in E minor key (still, I don't know why it was B major !?) with meter 4/4. Also. the notes in the 3rd measure supposed to be played on the left hand.

Here's the original sheet music:

0004032-w-b-1.png{/sp

@Dav

what was in the link? Because I can't open it..

• Like 1

It depends on arrangement but the original version is in E minor key (still, I don't know why it was B major !?) with meter 4/4. Also. the notes in the 3rd measure supposed to be played on the left hand.

Here's the original sheet music:

0004032-w-b-1.png{/sp

@Dav

It was a recreation of the small part of the sheet music on piano, It was shared on my dropbox so it should have been able to be opened...  :hmm:

Because everyone knows I'm superstitious and its.... the... w-w-well you know the d-d-date......

5d2f996271f7e27c3f3aaa35a21f441d5853e30f

The Mashup and voting will be up tomorrow! After..... y-ya......

• Like 1

Because everyone knows I'm superstitious and its.... the... w-w-well you know the d-d-date......

5d2f996271f7e27c3f3aaa35a21f441d5853e30f

You mean this date....

Part1-Magnet.jpg

Cue the creepy stalking music that plays whenever Jason is about to kill someone.....

• Like 2

Oh damn, I almost forgot... Happy Friday the 13th!

confetti-gun-celebration-in-durarara-ani

I hate it when I miss the holidays. -_-

• Like 1

I'll post what my friend sent me after I sent him the small section of sheet music. It is without a doubt the correct notes with the correct meter 3/4. But without a known tempo you can see why I thought it was gargan roo just at an imagined slower tempo.

Edit:It's supposed to be the beginning in violin.

Wow, that did have an Gargan Roo sound to it (just got around to listening to it :P). I didn't think putting a little piece of mystery music sheet in the banner would lead to this. xD

It took me a little while to find, but here's the whole version of the one I used:

score_0.png

Are you talking about the plain file you download? You have to add a .mp3 to the end of the file's name (Dav Sample.mp3) to be able to play it.

Edited by Masamune
  • Like 1

Wow, that did have an Gargan Roo sound to it (just got around to listening to it :P). I didn't think putting a little piece of mystery music sheet in the banner would lead to this. xD

It took me a little while to find, but here's the whole version of the one I used:

score_0.png

Are you talking about the plain file you download? You have to add a .mp3 to the end of the file's name (Dav Sample.mp3) to be able to play it.

Ya that was fun!

I have a new one for people, SV Members aren't allowed to guess though(including past sv members sorry goro) :P

How many pages are in the SV Members Private Message?

Closest one wins.... um... something