Official PSNP Song Vote XXVIII: One Year Anniversary!

***Watch the Mashup Video First*** to Hear all the Contestants Songs! Which songs did you like the most? Multiple choices are allowed  

48 members have voted

1. 1. ***Watch the Mashup Video First*** to Hear all the Contestants Songs! Which songs did you like the most? Multiple choices are allowed

• #1 Survivor - Is This Love
    • #2 Machinae Supremacy - Player One
    • #3 Disturbed - Criminal
    • #4 Blink-182 - Bored To Death
    • #5 Goose House - Hikaru Nara
    • #6 Fall Out Boy - Light 'Em Up
    • #7 Stereopony - Hitohira No Hanabira
    • #8 Epica - Cry For The Moon
    • #9 Simple Minds - Don't You
    • #10 Five Finger Death Punch
    • #11 Lights feat. Owl City - Cactus in the Valley
    • #12 Green Day - 21 Guns
    • #13 Claudia Vazquez - ICHIBAN WA ME
    • #14 Royal Blood - Figure it Out
    • #15 Fever Ray - When I Grow Up
    • #16 Violent Soho - Like Soda
    • #17 Sublime - Santeria
    • #18 DNCE - Cake by the Ocean
  2. 2. Vote for "Loose Song Limitation" of Official PSNP Song Vote XXIX -AND- Would You Want Any Of The Games If You Won The Giveaway?

• No Drums
    • Must Have a Violin
    • Songs That You Would Run To
    • ------What Game Would You Want If You Won In The Giveaway?-------
    • Uncharted 1
    • Uncharted 2
    • Uncharted 3
    • ^NONE OF THE ABOVE^

Takes out a list of every Nickelback song.

Nickelback actually has a few pretty nice songs. Try listening to "Animals", "Something in your mouth" or "How you remind me".

I never understood why almost nobody likes them. I mean nowadays they are just pretty mediocre but they do have their share of good songs.

Edited by xFalionx

Takes out a list of every Nickelback song.

This could be highly dangerous.... O_o

We'll see..... :)

But... I like nickelback..... :/

I don't like a majority of Nickelback's music but there are a few that I really do enjoy listening to.

lol of course it's dangerous. xD My song isn't anything horrid though and it's at least still within the rock genre. I just remember that when it came out a bunch of people were not fans of it, and I'm not surprised given the area I was in. The theme doesn't take into account where a song placed on charts it really just relies on whether or not the poster is telling the truth about the people around him/her hating the song. :giggle: 

Only 37 votes. :/ 

Ya :(

We're working on some ideas to spread the word better to vote, and that signing up for the reminder service guarantees your name in the giveaway twice, giving you x2 the chance

Look on the bright side: we have 40 votes, which is exactly twice as many compared to SV27 :dance:.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

Look on the bright side: we have 40 votes, which is exactly twice as many compared to SV27 :dance:.

This surprisingly doesn't make me feel better lol

Fellow PSNP Family! What are we doing wrong? What would you like to see? We'll do everything in our power to make it a reality! :)

Song Vote is meant for everyone, by everyone! Leave a comment of your ideas of what you'd like SV to be! We're here thanks to all of you of course!

Fellow PSNP Family! What are we doing wrong? What would you like to see? We'll do everything in our power to make it a reality! :)

Song Vote is meant for everyone, by everyone! Leave a comment of your ideas of what you'd like SV to be! We're here thanks to all of you of course!

1) I would make it somewhat competitive again. Limit the entries back to 20. Will keep future participants on their toes. 

2) I've had this idea for a while but never threw it out there as I don't think it will be received well but...limit the amount of votes a user can have. Maybe 3 votes max?

3) Also, try to keep the SV at 2 times per month instead of 3-4. This way you don't get overworked and will give the SV staff more time for things.

4) With only 2 Song Votes per month you could keep voting open longer and possibly have the Staff make a status about it at various times per day to get voters across different time periods?

5) You already give away some pretty cool stuff so the prizes aren't a problem.

2) I've had this idea for a while but never threw it out there as I don't think it will be received well but...limit the amount of votes a user can have. Maybe 3 votes max?

I'm personally against a limit on the amount of votes, which leads to a limit amount of people that can vote considering members can vote for every song. Worst case scenario that means 3 members could vote for every song, thus preventing everyone else from voting. For the SV admins the only way to determine people (hopefully) listen to songs is by looking at the amount of different people that leave a vote. Then there's also the giveaway prizes that voters can win.

Also with only 3 votes as a max, Dave would be making platinum trophies for almost every participant.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

I'm personally against a limit on the amount of votes, which leads to a limit amount of people that can vote considering members can vote for every song. Worst case scenario that means 3 members could vote for every song, thus preventing everyone else from voting. For the SV admins the only way to determine people (hopefully) listen to songs is by looking at the amount of different people that leave a vote. Then there's also the giveaway prizes that voters can win.

Also with only 3 votes as a max, Dave would be making platinum trophies for almost every participant.

I think Avatar Of Battle's comment meant that there are not only 3 users that can vote but rather everyone get's to vote for the 3 songs they like the best. I personally think that you might even want to give those votes a different weight.

For example there are 3 surveys where you can only select 1 of the X songs and you basically vote for your first place, your second place and your third place. In that case the first song you vote for would get 3 points, the second would get 2 and the last one only a single point. 

But with such a small amount of users voting overall I think you should keep the old formula of vote for all the songs you like because otherwise there might be a lot of songs that don't even get a single point.

• Like 1

Huh? I'm not sure I understand the bold. I mean every member has a max of 3 votes. Even if 3 members with 3 votes each voted for the same 3 songs it wouldn't make anything lopsided unless everyone voted for the same 3 songs with their 3 votes. I voted for 6 songs this time but if I were limited to 3, or even 1 like the SoTM does, I'd be more inclined to vote for my absolute favorite(s) instead of ones where I semi-liked or even just like the mash up section and not the rest of the song. (which in this case would have definitely been 5, 7, and 9) I suppose I could impose this limit on myself. (which I try to do anyways but usually fail. xD ) I feel like voting loses importance when you have an unlimited amount. Dav could even use a future SV to give this idea a test run to see what the results are.

I understand the concerns with the number of potential first place ties though, and I can honestly see it happening in some cases. 

I think Avatar Of Battle's comment meant that there are not only 3 users that can vote but rather everyone get's to vote for the 3 songs they like the best. I personally think that you might even want to give those votes a different weight.

For example there are 3 surveys where you can only select 1 of the X songs and you basically vote for your first place, your second place and your third place. In that case the first song you vote for would get 3 points, the second would get 2 and the last one only a single point. 

But with such a small amount of users voting overall I think you should keep the old formula of vote for all the songs you like because otherwise there might be a lot of songs that don't even get a single point.

Huh? I'm not sure I understand the bold. I mean every member has a max of 3 votes. Even if 3 members with 3 votes each voted for the same 3 songs it wouldn't make anything lopsided unless everyone voted for the same 3 songs with their 3 votes. I voted for 6 songs this time but if I were limited to 3, or even 1 like the SoTM does, I'd be more inclined to vote for my absolute favorite(s) instead of ones where I semi-liked or even just like the mash up section and not the rest of the song. (which in this case would have definitely been 5, 7, and 9) I suppose I could impose this limit on myself. (which I try to do anyways but usually fail. xD ) I feel like voting loses importance when you have an unlimited amount. Dav could even use a future SV to give this idea a test run to see what the results are.

I understand the concerns with the number of potential first place ties though, and I can honestly see it happening in some cases. 

Oh I see, completely misunderstood that. I thought Avatar meant each song would have a limit of 3 votes and afterwards people couldn't vote for that song anymore :facepalm:.

I've been surprised that more people don't vote, just for the prizes alone. There have been some great prizes and it just takes a few minutes to watch the video and vote. Even if you don't feel like watching all the songs, it would just take seconds to click and vote for any songs you are already familiar with. The SV probably has the best odds to win something in a contest on the entire site.

Maybe some people mistakenly think you have to submit a song or get 1st place to win something so they don't bother with it? You have made that pretty clear though so probably not.

I forget to vote or submit a song sometimes because I didn't realize a new SV was up and I can never seem to get a good feel for the schedule. Like when a new one is expected to happen or how long each phase lasts. But, you have helped with that problem with the reminder service which helps a lot. Sorry, I can't really think of any solutions or great ideas to improve anything. I enjoy it though and hopefully more and more people get involved. I like seeing all the different tastes in music here and your all's work is appreciated.

I'm late to the Nickelback comments, but I actually like them  :ninja:   Saw them in concert a few years ago and they were really good live.

Also, I don't even think there is anything wrong with SV.  It just falls into the trappings of being something fun and unique on a predominantly trophy hunting site so a lot of people have that as their focus when they visit.  I know this will be a point that others disagree on, but I feel like it's a sad but true fact due to the type of community as a whole that we are on the site.

Maybe some people mistakenly think you have to submit a song or get 1st place to win something so they don't bother with it?

This is probably my best guess as well.

Our schedule does seem to jump around sometimes too, that probably doesn't help much either. :P

Late reply: I do like Nickleback =P 

About SV: I have to agree with the idea of limiting it to a 2 per month event. I've seen you struggle to keep the contest up to speed, to give the trophy images to winners and such. Even I get lost sometimes, when the previous SV thread stays alive, and don't know which one is he current (too lazy to read the number, I know).

Restricting the number of votes.......idk. I think being able to vote for as many songs as I want, reduces the chance of someone getting 0 and maybe losing interest.

Either way, keep up the good work, and I must say I enjoy participating in these.

Things are about to get way more consistent! 

First here's the schedule for SV for the month of June(Though tech it starts at the end of May)

Lp1qG0x.png

Changes:

-You now have 24 hours to post your song!

-The mashup will be up on Thursday, and so will voting!

Now without further ado!

The Custom Trophy Winners of SVXXVIII: Song Vote One Year Anniversary!!!

OfvTaQF.pngxTug0mE.png

TdCZOTi.pnglj03NaK.png5jZsEly.pngVrCvaWr.png

ef0rvuv.pnggbM05ic.pngg7NeF1E.pngj8EWSUN.png

Wear them proudly in your signature!!! You earned it! :D

And Now The Winners of the Giveaway!

uncharted-drakes-fortune.jpgUncharted_2.jpg2075.jpg

PS3 NA Uncharted 1 Digital Code

PS3 NA Uncharted 2 Digital Code

PS3 NA Uncharted 3 Digital Code

(Need help making a NA account? Here's a link to how! (Well the video is for Japanese Account, but it should help))

-PS3 NA Uncharted 1 Digital Code: DanteHellMode98!

photo-106757.jpg?_r=1456982428

-PS3 NA Uncharted 2 Digital Code: Amilbar15!

photo-88896.png?_r=1425758252

-PS3 NA Uncharted 3 Digital Code: The Chosen Undead!

photo-50629.jpg?_r=1449016118

Congratulations to everyone!!!  :D

Btw did you know that 2 out of the 3 winners are signed up for the

"Song Vote Reminder Service"?

That means they got two shots at winning in the giveaway!

If you want to sign up as well, just send me a PM with the subject 

"Reminder Service + Giveaway Info"

Giveaway Drawing for Uncharted 1: https://www.randompicker.com/Project/Public/Protocol.aspx?Key=319494x27226

Giveaway Drawing for Uncharted 2: https://www.randompicker.com/protocol/319497x55126 

Giveaway Drawing for Uncharted 3: https://www.randompicker.com/protocol/319498x98436 

Edited by Dav9834
  • Like 3

Quick question: shouldn't I have gotten weight 2 in those random draws as well since I joined the reminder service before the drawing? Or does it not count because I joined during the Song Vote?

Anyways congrats to the winners including Song Vote as well as giveaways. I'm looking forward to posting my own song in the next one. :D

Quick question: shouldn't I have gotten weight 2 in those random draws as well since I joined the reminder service before the drawing? Or does it not count because I joined during the Song Vote?

Anyways congrats to the winners including Song Vote as well as giveaways. I'm looking forward to posting my own song in the next one. :D

Ya sense you joined the reminder service after all the voting was over I didn't put it in : ( sorry!! I was on the fence too about it :/

But you're in all future giveaways as double the chance for as long as you're subscribed to the reminder service!! :D

SV XXX is coming up soon! And it'll be pretty grand! :D

Things are about to get way more consistent! 

First here's the schedule for SV for the month of June(Though tech it starts at the end of May)

Lp1qG0x.png

Changes:

-You now have 24 hours to post your song!

-The mashup will be up on Thursday, and so will voting!

Now without further ado!

The Custom Trophy Winners of SVXXVIII: Song Vote One Year Anniversary!!!

OfvTaQF.pngxTug0mE.png

TdCZOTi.pnglj03NaK.png5jZsEly.pngVrCvaWr.png

ef0rvuv.pnggbM05ic.pngg7NeF1E.pngj8EWSUN.png

Wear them proudly in your signature!!! You earned it! :D

And Now The Winners of the Giveaway!

uncharted-drakes-fortune.jpgUncharted_2.jpg2075.jpg

PS3 NA Uncharted 1 Digital Code

PS3 NA Uncharted 2 Digital Code

PS3 NA Uncharted 3 Digital Code

(Need help making a NA account? Here's a link to how! (Well the video is for Japanese Account, but it should help))

-PS3 NA Uncharted 1 Digital Code: DanteHellMode98!

photo-106757.jpg?_r=1456982428

-PS3 NA Uncharted 2 Digital Code: Amilbar15!

photo-88896.png?_r=1425758252

-PS3 NA Uncharted 3 Digital Code: The Chosen Undead!

photo-50629.jpg?_r=1449016118

Congratulations to everyone!!!  :D

Btw did you know that 2 out of the 3 winners are signed up for the

"Song Vote Reminder Service"?

That means they got two shots at winning in the giveaway!

If you want to sign up as well, just send me a PM with the subject 

"Reminder Service + Giveaway Info"

Giveaway Drawing for Uncharted 1: https://www.randompicker.com/Project/Public/Protocol.aspx?Key=319494x27226

Giveaway Drawing for Uncharted 2: https://www.randompicker.com/protocol/319497x55126 

Giveaway Drawing for Uncharted 3: https://www.randompicker.com/protocol/319498x98436 

Nice. How do I claim the code again?

• Like 1