I Pre-Ordered A WiiU Today...

Parker

I went into GameStop to pre-order F1 2012 after loving the demo and the person in the store informed me they were just authorized to start WiiU pre-orders today. I'm not really interested in the system at all but thinking back to the Wii launch, I wish I had bought one just to sell when no stores can keep them in stock, so I put $50 on the black 32gb console. I was actually the first person to pre-order the WiiU from that store but the salesman said they've had people bothering them for months asking for pre-orders so hopefully the system launch is huge nd I can double or triple my money. With my luck it will be like the 3DS and drop $100 off it's price in a month and I'll be stuck with the damn thing. :rolleyes:

Parker

perhaps (and hopefully) it will drop by 100$ after the first month. but hopefully, it will also have an ambassadors program, so youll get like.. 20 n64 games xD that would be rather sweet :)

But then I won't get my money back and I'll be stuck with the system. :angry:

Honestly, I have no interest in the system at all and the only reason I pre-ordered it was to sell it for more than I bought it for. It probably will have a price drop right after the holidays because $349 seems pretty steep for something that isn't leaps and bounds better than our current system and once the Nintendo die hards buy them no one else will want them unless Nintendo scores more exclusives like Bayonetta II.

Parker

I don't think it will sell aswell as the Wii did to be honest!

Yeah, me neither. It seems a lot of people have lost faith in Nintendo since the Wii (I'm one of them) but I'm banking on mainly the kids wanting the WiiU for Christmas and stores not having enough stock. A lot of companies intentially don't ship very many units to stores so there isn't stock and it makes people think they're selling like hotcakes so they're more inclined to buy, and if that happens hopefully I can see some profit.

Parker

.....this has to be the best use for the thing i have yet to have heard of, honestly....if i had the money and actually wanted to buy it, id do that....but i dont think its even worth paying money for tbh....i dont mind Xbox or Playstation, but Nintendo....never been a big fan outside when i played handhelds up till like 5 years ago

• 2 weeks later...

Hey now, I have one of those too!

Apparently GameStop has stopped reserves of the "deluxe" edition so it's looking pretty good for me to make some money on this one.

Parker

Actually that could be bad, because the "crappy" version is only available in White and let's say ppl want it in Black - Sorry you can't

Actually that could be bad, because the "crappy" version is only available in White and let's say ppl want it in Black - Sorry you can't

I have the black edition (the one that has sold out) pre-ordered, so I have the one people will want.

The only difference is that when the PS3 was released there were a lot more people excited for it than there are now for wiiu so I don't know if your plan is going to work.

I do hope this goes well for you but I have serious doubts about it....

It's coming out near the holidays, right? I'm thinking that a lot of kids will be asking for the WiiU for Christmas or whatnot and their parents will be looking all over for them and if they are already selling out then they'll either have to disappoint their kids or buy mine with it's inflated price. I'm not counting on actual gamers for my plan, I'm counting on all the kids that loved the Wii who will want the newest Nintendo thing with ignorant parents who will buy anything.

And hell, if my plan doesn't work I'll just keep the bastard. Word is there is a Harvest Moon game coming out for the WiiU so I'll have to buy one for myself eventually. :rolleyes:

Parker

I have the black edition (the one that has sold out) pre-ordered, so I have the one people will want.

It's coming out near the holidays, right? I'm thinking that a lot of kids will be asking for the WiiU for Christmas or whatnot and their parents will be looking all over for them and if they are already selling out then they'll either have to disappoint their kids or buy mine with it's inflated price. I'm not counting on actual gamers for my plan, I'm counting on all the kids that loved the Wii who will want the newest Nintendo thing with ignorant parents who will buy anything.

And hell, if my plan doesn't work I'll just keep the bastard. Word is there is a Harvest Moon game coming out for the WiiU so I'll have to buy one for myself eventually. :rolleyes:

Parker

Your logic is without flaw so hopefully this will work out :)

• 3 months later...

I would never buy the White Version and well atm Wii U have 1. Interesting game = Zombiu, so gonna wait until Big stuff like Pandora Tower and Last Story coming to Wii U

The Last Story is out on Wii (got my copy of it) and I don't believe a Wii U version will be released. No idea for Pandora Tower.

The Wii U has been released for about more than a month now and let me tell you... where I live, it wasn't easy to get one. The white ones with no games that is. When I went to buy it at Walmart, they were sold out. The black ones that are at a higher price and comes with the Nintendo Land game, they still had 2. So, had no choice, but to buy that one. I also bought New Super Mario Bros U and ZombieU! Good games!

With more than 1 million, 500 thousand consoles sold as of December 19 (according to Wikipedia)... I think there on the right track!

The Last Story is out on Wii (got my copy of it) and I don't believe a Wii U version will be released. No idea for Pandora Tower.

The Wii U has been released for about more than a month now and let me tell you... where I live, it wasn't easy to get one. The white ones with no games that is. When I went to buy it at Walmart, they were sold out. The black ones that are at a higher price and comes with the Nintendo Land game, they still had 2. So, had no choice, but to buy that one. I also bought New Super Mario Bros U and ZombieU! Good games!

With more than 1 million, 500 thousand consoles sold as of December 19 (according to Wikipedia)... I think there on the right track!

Was actually just using those 2 titles as example for good game.

Also the Black Wii U is the Premium, which is the version I would go for, if I ever was gonna pick up a Wii U

I agree cause the white one has less space for storage data than the black one. I believe the white one has also less accessories than the black, from what I saw on the box. Really, Nintendo is not stupid. They know most people will go for the black cause it has a game included, wich is perfect for kids. So, they make the price higher.

Actually did you k

I agree cause the white one has less space for storage data than the black one. I believe the white one has also less accessories than the black, from what I saw on the box. Really, Nintendo is not stupid. They know most people will go for the black cause it has a game included, wich is perfect for kids. So, they make the price higher.

Actually did you know, that Nintendo only need consumers to buy 1 Wii U game for the Wii U to profitable for them

Are you refering to the fact that they will buy online games?

No, if you buy a WiiU and 1 first party game (nintendoland, mario etc) then Nintendo has made a profit on the system (and everything else you buy is just extra money they get).

Most companies take a major loss on their system but will make it back through controllers and games, Nintendo on the other hand gutted their system and jacked up the price so that they can maximize profits (and minimize customer service)