Just bought a Vita and already have a problem :/

slicknickd3822

I just bought a vita. But the 8GB memory card was used and it's only showing 1GB of space even after formatting. And I know the system takes up space bit it shouldn't be 7GB. Does anyone know if there is a fix to this or if I should just take it back and ask for a new memory card. It also had problems reading it when I first booted up the system.

Good for you. I got my own problems with the vita slim. Left joystick makes the ghost input to the right and its been doing this almost a month. Im gonna replace the joystick asap. Vita is a white/blue. Imported from japan.

My left one would randomly move up on its own. Do it for awhile then be fine for awhile. Get it back tomorrow.

• Like 1

I hope you have appologised to your vita and now go and treat her to some nice new games ;)

Vita has games? :awesome: :awesome:

Try a 64GB card

Everyone knows 64GB cards are the most fault-prone and frankly... I don't see any reason why would anyone need it when 32GB is more than enough to hold all relevant digital-only games.

• Like 3

jeez these threads scare me about my new vita... I don't even let myself put my vita on a hard surface yet without a case. 

I also done a battery test... 7 hours going strong

7 hours gaming or standby, also what Vita version did you get? 

Everyone knows 64GB cards are the most fault-prone and frankly... I don't see any reason why would anyone need it when 32GB is more than enough to hold all relevant digital-only games.

True, true... Made that experience too... Who doesnt like it to burn 70€? :awesome: (I missed that emoji!)

But I got a 32GB then on eBay from some Japanese store... half the price of the European price. Probably the better deal... Would recommend to look there instead...

And to prevent loosing track of Vita games that dont fit on your card, you can download them on PS3 instead.

...But I dont think 32GB can hold all relevant games. I have more Vita games on my PS3 than on my Vita card...

Vita has games? :awesome: :awesome:

I still don't have enough with a 64 GB card. All my memory cards are full including a 64 GB,  2 x 16 GB and 1 x 4 GB which i got with my vita.

Also i see a lot of people talking about having issues with their vita, don't know what you're doing wrong with it but i have it for over 3 years now and still never had any problems so far. 

I got the slim

both. Some standby and some on, I paused when it was turned off through. Bassicly I am doing a test for everyday use.

Nice, I wanted a slim back when it was announced but I thought it was too much of a downgrade from the original OLED Vita. I'm glad I was wrong. I know what I'm buying at the end of the month. :D

#BirdmanHandRub

Nice, I wanted a slim back when it was announced but I thought it was too much of a downgrade from the original OLED Vita. I'm glad I was wrong. I know what I'm buying at the end of the month. :D

#BirdmanHandRub

It's been 11 hours now and it's still going battery is halfway through... I have been playing it a lot today it's not like I played for 5 mins lol. Edited by Blanc
  • Like 1

#BirdmanHandRub

u

Can't speak about the screen since I just have the slim but it looks nice and battery life is good. But the duribility is another thing. Both my sticks went bad in a year and read that it's been an issue with a lot of people while the original seems to be better in that regard. Maybe I just got a bad one. Other than that I love my Vita and despite the analogue problems still recommend it. Just make sure to save the warrenty.

• Like 2

I liked everyone who had a problem with their Vita's posts, just because it made me happy to not be alone. I went through 2 in a week, both of their touchscreens went fruit loops after a day or two, bought a New 3DS XL instead and as much as I preferred the Vita, the 3DS has had no problems in the year or so since buying it.

Plus a 32gb memory card was only 10 bucks.

I liked everyone who had a problem with their Vita's posts, just because it made me happy to not be alone. I went through 2 in a week, both of their touchscreens went fruit loops after a day or two, bought a New 3DS XL instead and as much as I preferred the Vita, the 3DS has had no problems in the year or so since buying it.

Plus a 32gb memory card was only 10 bucks.

I forgot to add the load/save errors I get from time to time. Sad part is that these issues won't get resolved cause Sony pretty much disowned the Vita.

Is it bad that I have had my vita for over two years, and I never once had a problem with it? An yea a 32GB memory card is big enough to be honest. I've had it since day one and never had to worry about spaces on it and such. >.<

Also i see a lot of people talking about having issues with their vita, don't know what you're doing wrong with it but i have it for over 3 years now and still never had any problems so far.

Guess we just know how to handle that little sweetie :awesome:

...But I dont think 32GB can hold all relevant games. I have more Vita games on my PS3 than on my Vita card...

I still don't have enough with a 64 GB card. All my memory cards are full including a 64 GB,  2 x 16 GB and 1 x 4 GB which i got with my vita.

You guys should complete and delete your games :D

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

• 3 weeks later...