Let's Play SO5

Yeah, that one... Ugh... looks like I'm just gonna have to do some trial and error then.

That's what I did before I found that, the only things I had trouble finding were the ones that required a certain item in the recipe. Someone by the name of BakaYanagi posted some useful stuff on the first page of this topic over at GameFaqs: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/146575-star-ocean-integrity-and-faithlessness/73953800

It's not everything, but that's where I learned to make a lot of my missing things.

That's what I did before I found that, the only things I had trouble finding were the ones that required a certain item in the recipe. Someone by the name of BakaYanagi posted some useful stuff on the first page of this topic over at GameFaqs: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/146575-star-ocean-integrity-and-faithlessness/73953800

It's not everything, but that's where I learned to make a lot of my missing things.

It's better than nothing, and it'll help for now. Thanks for this, I don't know why I couldn't find it myself by searching.

Starting my first session of autogrinding for the 1 million hits BT. I'll leave the PS4 running from when I wake up until I go to sleep, so it at least has a chance to rest. I only have 120K hits before starting this, but with the math Masamune has provided, it'll probably take around 3 sessions to do completely.

Starting my first session of autogrinding for the 1 million hits BT. I'll leave the PS4 running from when I wake up until I go to sleep, so it at least has a chance to rest. I only have 120K hits before starting this, but with the math Masamune has provided, it'll probably take around 3 sessions to do completely.

Good luck, now that my Terra Hammer's Lv is max, I'm actually doing more hits than expected, so hopefully that'll shave some time off my first estimate.

I've been trying to control Fidel whenever possible to try & make-up for those 4 hours I lost earlier (I've even been carrying the controller around if I leave the room :P), at first I was spamming Air Raid, but I think it might be better to use Death Palm instead because it's a really quick skill, & it's hits increase as it levels up (currently at Lv8 with 6 hits).

Good luck, now that my Terra Hammer's Lv is max, I'm actually doing more hits than expected, so hopefully that'll shave some time off my first estimate.

I've been trying to control Fidel whenever possible to try & make-up for those 4 hours I lost earlier (I've even been carrying the controller around if I leave the room :P), at first I was spamming Air Raid, but I think it might be better to use Death Palm instead because it's a really quick skill, & it's hits increase as it levels up (currently at Lv8 with 6 hits).

Yeah, I noticed that the higher the level, the more hits on some moves, and while that helps, I don't feel it's worth levelling just for the hits, the skill books only help so much, and using them in battle is slow, so I'm just going for it. And I'm not even bothering to control anyone in battle, I just have Fidel on and standing still, I don't really feel like doing anything in the game when I can do other things.

Yeah, I noticed that the higher the level, the more hits on some moves, and while that helps, I don't feel it's worth levelling just for the hits, the skill books only help so much, and using them in battle is slow, so I'm just going for it. And I'm not even bothering to control anyone in battle, I just have Fidel on and standing still, I don't really feel like doing anything in the game when I can do other things.

I've just been watching some anime while pressing :cross: every few seconds. xD

& actually, Death Palm level-up pretty quick (I guess because it's such a short skill), it's already maxed & doing 7 hits. :yay:

Edited by Masamune

I've just been watching some anime while pressing :cross: every few seconds. xD

& actually, Death Palm level-up pretty quick (I guess because it's such a short skill), it's already maxed & doing 7 hits. :yay:

You're doing more than me, I'm just doing a move every so often because I forgot to check my power settings on PS4 and don't know if it'll turn off or not. Also, they might just kill the Bloodbane, and then I'll just call that a session. It's already lost 1/2 it's HP, so I'll probably let them kill it, leave, and save on a 2nd file, then reload the first and do it again.

You're doing more than me, I'm just doing a move every so often because I forgot to check my power settings on PS4 and don't know if it'll turn off or not. Also, they might just kill the Bloodbane, and then I'll just call that a session. It's already lost 1/2 it's HP, so I'll probably let them kill it, leave, and save on a 2nd file, then reload the first and do it again.

You can check &/or change the power settings even when the game is running, it won't hurt anything.

Bloodbane? You're not fighting the Storm Dragon found in the Cathedral of Oblivion?

You can check &/or change the power settings even when the game is running, it won't hurt anything.

Bloodbane? You're not fighting the Storm Dragon found in the Cathedral of Oblivion?

Well, I'll check after this session is up since I have the controller by me anyway right now. And yeah, I'm fighting Bloodbane, isn't the Storm Dragon weaker?

Well, I'll check after this session is up since I have the controller by me anyway right now. And yeah, I'm fighting Bloodbane, isn't the Storm Dragon weaker?

I don't think so (can't check the bestiary in battle), I think Storm Dragon's level is in the 90's though. Does Bloodbane even absorb any elements like Storm Dragon does?

I don't think so (can't check the bestiary in battle), I think Storm Dragon's level is in the 90's though. Does Bloodbane even absorb any elements like Storm Dragon does?

I feel like it would be, I don't think the Cathedral bosses would be as tough as the floor 3 bosses in the maze, but I'll check after battle, Bloodbane's nearly dead. And no, I don't think Bloodbane absorbs anything.

I feel like it would be, I don't think the Cathedral bosses would be as tough as the floor 3 bosses in the maze, but I'll check after battle, Bloodbane's nearly dead. And no, I don't think Bloodbane absorbs anything.

I just checked the bestiary, I was thinking of Bane Dragon, not Bloodbane. :facepalm: But yes, in terms of strength Bloodbane is stronger than Storm, but you fight Storm so Fiore can keep his health up via Tornado (it absorbs wind), as long as she was doing that, I couldn't kill him if I wanted to.

This is the method I was doing (I think I found it on GameFaqs somewhere):

Storm Dragon autofarming

Simply go into any Cathedral, I recommend the one outside Santeroule since it's quick to reach and get to the storm dragon fight. Control Fidel and put him in a corner, unequip Victor/Emerson/Anne weapons. Fiore should have the highest int weapon possible, preferably her ultimate weapon. Her wind spells will heal the dragon. Go to sleep. When you wake up equip your weapons and kill it with Fidel. If you buy all the signet cards from Santeroule you can make progress towards your item usages as well. If you hate playing mages like me you can also mindlessly bang out the 1000 signetury use trophy here with Fiore. Expect around 30,000 hits an hour.

Level 200+ recommended

Roles

Fidel: Berserker, Raven Slayer, Item Expender (optional), empty (Deadman when it's time to kill)

Miki: Crusader, Savior, Sage, Princess

Victor: Invoker

Fiore: Enchanter, I

Anne: Spendthrift

Optional for Victor, Emerson, Anne: Terror Knight, the 3 Vainglorys, Hothead, Master Tactician, Defensive Devotee

Set the following battle skills to all slots

Victor: Bloodstorm Revolution

Emerson: Avian Rage

Anne: Fists of Fury

Miki: Disable all spells except Faerie Star, Cure Condition, Resurrection

Fiore: Disable all spells except Wind Blade and/or Tornado

Armor: Elemental Leather (Synth Wire x5~6) and Valkyrie Garb for Fiore/Miki (or the best cloak you can buy)

Augment all slots with Hunting Bow, 10% less damage from Avians

Accessories: Faerie Band + Healing band (Synth Ruby x4)

Augment all slots with Defense +5% from Fortitude Amulets sold by Santa after clearing the Maze twice.

Not all that is necessary, I didn't do much of the augmentation stuff, & I have Miki casting Terra Hammer too (removed Princess & added Archivist).

I just checked the bestiary, I was thinking of Bane Dragon, not Bloodbane. :facepalm: But yes, in terms of strength Bloodbane is stronger than Storm, but you fight Storm so Fiore can keep his health up via Tornado (it absorbs wind), as long as she was doing that, I couldn't kill him if I wanted to.

This is the method I was doing (I think I found it on GameFaqs somewhere):

Storm Dragon autofarming

Simply go into any Cathedral, I recommend the one outside Santeroule since it's quick to reach and get to the storm dragon fight. Control Fidel and put him in a corner, unequip Victor/Emerson/Anne weapons. Fiore should have the highest int weapon possible, preferably her ultimate weapon. Her wind spells will heal the dragon. Go to sleep. When you wake up equip your weapons and kill it with Fidel. If you buy all the signet cards from Santeroule you can make progress towards your item usages as well. If you hate playing mages like me you can also mindlessly bang out the 1000 signetury use trophy here with Fiore. Expect around 30,000 hits an hour.

Level 200+ recommended

Roles

Fidel: Berserker, Raven Slayer, Item Expender (optional), empty (Deadman when it's time to kill)

Miki: Crusader, Savior, Sage, Princess

Victor: Invoker

Fiore: Enchanter, I

Anne: Spendthrift

Optional for Victor, Emerson, Anne: Terror Knight, the 3 Vainglorys, Hothead, Master Tactician, Defensive Devotee

Set the following battle skills to all slots

Victor: Bloodstorm Revolution

Emerson: Avian Rage

Anne: Fists of Fury

Miki: Disable all spells except Faerie Star, Cure Condition, Resurrection

Fiore: Disable all spells except Wind Blade and/or Tornado

Armor: Elemental Leather (Synth Wire x5~6) and Valkyrie Garb for Fiore/Miki (or the best cloak you can buy)

Augment all slots with Hunting Bow, 10% less damage from Avians

Accessories: Faerie Band + Healing band (Synth Ruby x4)

Augment all slots with Defense +5% from Fortitude Amulets sold by Santa after clearing the Maze twice.

Not all that is necessary, I didn't do much of the augmentation stuff, & I have Miki casting Terra Hammer too (removed Princess & added Archivist).

Ah, alright. I'm using the method Greenzsaber put up, and I can see how fighting Storm Dragon would probably be better since Fiore can keep it alive and it's easier than Bloodbane, but honestly, looking at that setup, it's over the top for Storm Dragon, I'm not using Elemental Leathers at all and especially not the Valkyrie Garb, and there's no need to do any synthing on the accessories, and I'm surviving Bloodbane just fine. No one's died or come close to it, Miki always heals them.

So, after 3 1/2 hours, the fight is done, and I've gotten up to 239K hits. Looks like this'll take more than 3 sessions, haha, but I can probably do about 3-4 a day, then let my PS4 rest overnight.

Edited by TheFinalEmblem

Battle Trophies 100%, & with that, Platinum!!! cheer2-onion-head-emoticon.gif?129286249 Awesome, I'm the first "normal" person to get SO5's Platinum in this event... I say that because I'm not about to compare myself to Saber. lol1-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862512

Trophies: 41/41 - Battle Trophies: 100% - Items: 100% - Monsters: 100% - Quests: 100% - Time played: 109:43:58

ayhfz2o.png

Platinum Screenshot:

cNok3MI.jpg

• Like 4

Battle Trophies 100%, & with that, Platinum!!! cheer2-onion-head-emoticon.gif?129286249 Awesome, I'm the first "normal" person to get SO5's Platinum in this event... I say that because I'm not about to compare myself to Saber. lol1-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862512

Trophies: 41/41 - Battle Trophies: 100% - Items: 100% - Monsters: 100% - Quests: 100% - Time played: 109:43:58

ayhfz2o.png

Platinum Screenshot:

cNok3MI.jpg

Congrats on being the first "normal" lol.

As of now, I'm done with the 1 million hit grind for the night, and after 3 session spanning about 12 hours, I now am up to 515703 hits, so I should have this last BT and the 100% BTs trophy done the day after tomorrow. Also, this dam Bloodbane dropped a Dragon God Scale, Moonstone, AND Levantine... Why the hell can't they drop shit like this when I'm actually looking and trying! But seriously, I don't need any of it, I'm just baffled it dropped all three of those things.

• Like 1

As of now, I'm done with the 1 million hit grind for the night, and after 3 session spanning about 12 hours, I now am up to 515703 hits, so I should have this last BT and the 100% BTs trophy done the day after tomorrow. Also, this dam Bloodbane dropped a Dragon God Scale, Moonstone, AND Levantine... Why the hell can't they drop shit like this when I'm actually looking and trying! But seriously, I don't need any of it, I'm just baffled it dropped all three of those things.

I remember the first time I killed him he dropped a Levantine & one other thing, I thought the Levantine must be a pretty rare drop though, because I never got it again.

ayhfz2o.png

Platinum Screenshot:

cNok3MI.jpg

Awesome, congrats :yay:. You're the second person to complete this event :highfive:.

So what are your thoughts about the game? And how is it compared to SO4?

So what are your thoughts about the game? And how is it compared to SO4?

Hmm... well compared to SO4, I guess the story is a little weaker, but the gameplay is better. I just woke up, so I'm going to be lazy & paste this from my trophy post. :P

Really fun game, do not listen to all the bad reviews of it. I guess people were expecting a solid gold disk or something. :P I mean, it's got it's pros & cons, but the only things I really didn't like about it was that the weapons you equip doesn't even show on the characters (that just seems lazy to me) & the lack of scenes in the game, it feels like you don't really get to know that characters that well, but the gameplay was great. ^_^

Another thing I will add is that there was a serious lack of Welch in this game, you get your item creation abilities from her quests & that's it (you don't even talk to her during the "scenes"). :shakefist: But overall, I'd give it a 4/5.

Hard to say which one I liked better though, I liked the characters/story in 4 more, but it seems like I had more fun playing 5... :hmm:

Alright, I'm down to the last 3 items to make in the Encyclopedia, so I need some help in how to acquire them. They're usable Items #148, 150, and 152, and I assume all of these are just the + versions of Enshelter, Angel Feather, and Reflection, but I have no idea how to make/get them.

Ignore all that, I'm a dumbass for not thinking to use the Bunny Familiar shop, and lo and behold, the three items I need are right there... :facepalm: Anyway, now all the item stuff is done, I can start my Universe playthrough and make sure not to miss those stupid Cathedral bosses.

Might as well update since I'm ready to start Universe now;

Trophies: 36/41 - Battle Trophies: 100% - Items: 100% - Monsters: 98% - Quests: 100% - Time Played: 98:38

Honestly, that time should probably be closer to 120-125 because of all the idle time, but I'll adjust it at the end once I get the plat.

Edited by TheFinalEmblem

Update: Trophies: 36/41 - Battle Trophies: 96% - Items: 100% - Monsters: 99% - Quests: 100% - Time Played: 62:33

Haven't played much lately. Kinda got in a rut with having to go find more orichalcums but finally decided to go do it and finish the items list. Tried to setup the storm dragon autogrind using both Greensaber's method and also the one Masamune posted and under both Fiore wouldn't cast any magic despite having only tornado and thunder flare enabled. From there I tried to enhance her judgment and to impair her judgment with all of the different roles (thinking maybe the judgment affected her decision to use physical attacks and not magic) and nothing worked. I am gonna try the Bloodbane method tomorrow. I would do it tonight but I REALLY don't feel like going back to the post game dungeon and working my way through the first couple floors. 

My missed monsters are the two lowest level versions of the first cathedral boss. I guess I leveled up too much before going in there and as a result I missed the lower leveled eyeball thingy x2. I also missed some harpy creature from chapter 5 in the desert. I'll get those during my universe playthrough.

Hopefully I can get this platted in the next two weeks because I am getting kinda bored with the game even though the gameplay is still fun. I think I am just ready for a new story or something. 
Edited by KempDogg410

Haven't played much lately. Kinda got in a rut with having to go find more orichalcums but finally decided to go do it and finish the items list. Tried to setup the storm dragon autogrind using both Greensaber's method and also the one Masamune posted and under both Fiore wouldn't cast any magic despite having only tornado and thunder flare enabled. From there I tried to enhance her judgment and to impair her judgment with all of the different roles (thinking maybe the judgment affected her decision to use physical attacks and not magic) and nothing worked. I am gonna try the Bloodbane method tomorrow. I would do it tonight but I REALLY don't feel like going back to the post game dungeon and working my way through the first couple floors. 

My missed monsters are the two lowest level versions of the first cathedral boss. I guess I leveled up too much before going in there and as a result I missed the lower leveled eyeball thingy x2. I also missed some harpy creature from chapter 5 in the desert. I'll get those during my universe playthrough.

The only way I found where she would keep casting Tornado was from using both the Rampager, & Asura roles.

If I'm not mistaken, your level doesn't matter when going into the Cathedral. What determines the type of monster you encounter is how for you've progressed into the story, & it's level is based on which portal you enter (if you're missing the first 2 eyeball ones, try the portals at the Coast, & the Plains before doing too much of the story).

This epic quest #2 has come to a close for me, and it took a lot longer than I thought, thanks to also working on the guide.

Trophies: 41/41 - Battle Trophies: 100% - Items: 100% - Monsters: 100% - Quests: 100% - Time played: 149:44:29

Probably 25 hours of that is idling for the 1,000,000 hits, and an additional 15-20 can be tacked on for doing lots of stuff I otherwise wouldn't have had to do in Universe had I not been working on the guide, but whatever, it's done now.

Platinum Screenshot

mTcmxBI.jpg

• Like 4