Let's Play SO5

Thanks to TheFinalEmblem we now have a trophy guide for the game :dance:. The links are in the OP.

This epic quest #2 has come to a close for me, and it took a lot longer than I thought, thanks to also working on the guide.

Trophies: 41/41 - Battle Trophies: 100% - Items: 100% - Monsters: 100% - Quests: 100% - Time played: 149:44:29

Probably 25 hours of that is idling for the 1,000,000 hits, and an additional 15-20 can be tacked on for doing lots of stuff I otherwise wouldn't have had to do in Universe had I not been working on the guide, but whatever, it's done now.

Platinum Screenshot

mTcmxBI.jpg

Nice, you're the third participant to complete this event :dance:. Congrats with the plat and the the guides :yay:. I've added them to the OP.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just realized there isn't an end date like So4, I'm saving this one for a mile stone too

Stoked you set it up this way dragon :D

Props to Masa, Greenz and Final for completing thy journey :highfive:

Yeah, I couldn't think of one, so didn't add it. Good to know someone is still going for it :D.

Wow, this thread has been dead a while. I forgot I was even still following it. xD

Yeah, I assumed everyone just quit.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Same here, I guess people didn't like SO5 a lot.

Well, I don't DISLIKE this game, but I gotta say it hasn't lived up to my expectations. I got the game around the time as I did many other RPGs, so it was competing for my attention among Digimon, Grand Kingdom, and Odin Sphere. I'd like to believe it gets better when I get to the real plot hooks, but last I played I recall being thoroughly unimpressed with the characterization and writing of the game. The lack of having real cutscenes to express characters sufficiently might be part of it. And the combat, while having neat ideas, never really gripped me and came off as quite repetitive; and I say this as an avid Dynasty Warriors fan.

This is a game I want to return to, but... I say that about WAY too many games, to tell the truth >_>

Well, if I ever start it, I'll let you know. :)

Ok.

Well, I don't DISLIKE this game, but I gotta say it hasn't lived up to my expectations. I got the game around the time as I did many other RPGs, so it was competing for my attention among Digimon, Grand Kingdom, and Odin Sphere. I'd like to believe it gets better when I get to the real plot hooks, but last I played I recall being thoroughly unimpressed with the characterization and writing of the game. The lack of having real cutscenes to express characters sufficiently might be part of it. And the combat, while having neat ideas, never really gripped me and came off as quite repetitive; and I say this as an avid Dynasty Warriors fan.

This is a game I want to return to, but... I say that about WAY too many games, to tell the truth >_>

That's too bad. I guess a lot of people felt that way, seeing how this event was almost deserted about 2 months after the release.

Why all the hate?

I was wondering about that too and CediFonei gave his thoughts about it:

• Like 1

It's got it's pros & cons, although I still probably like SO4 better (even if it's plat is mind numbing), I liked the characters better, it just seemed like they had more of a personality (or maybe backstory is the word?).  :hmm: The lack of cutscenes were a disappointment too, it's just hard to get into something when most of the "cutscenes" are just characters standing in one place talking.

I mean, it's still an enjoyable game, & the easy plat was a relief too. xD

It's got it's pros & cons, although I still probably like SO4 better (even if it's plat is mind numbing), I liked the characters better, it just seemed like they had more of a personality (or maybe backstory is the word?).  :hmm: The lack of cutscenes were a disappointment too, it's just hard to get into something when most of the "cutscenes" are just characters standing in one place talking.

I mean, it's still an enjoyable game, & the easy plat was a relief too. xD

Even Lymle and Sarah had more of a personality than the SO5 characters? :o

Well.... I haven't started yet because this title is still buried in my backlog pile.  It's making its way towards the top of said pile, but it isn't quite there yet and I've got something of an OCD complex about completing games as thoroughly as possible (with the occasional exception of paid DLC).  I'm hoping to get to this one before the calendar turns to 2017, but I'm no longer incredibly confident that will be the case.  Even considering that I've purchased one (1) game in the last four months, my backlog is simply a victim of circumstances.

Well.... I haven't started yet because this title is still buried in my backlog pile.  It's making its way towards the top of said pile, but it isn't quite there yet and I've got something of an OCD complex about completing games as thoroughly as possible (with the occasional exception of paid DLC).  I'm hoping to get to this one before the calendar turns to 2017, but I'm no longer incredibly confident that will be the case.  Even considering that I've purchased one (1) game in the last four months, my backlog is simply a victim of circumstances.

Sounds like you've got a huge backlog too :o, we should have a backlog club thread on PSNP :P.

Sounds like you've got a huge backlog too :o, we should have a backlog club thread on PSNP :P.

I'm sure there are a great many members of the PSNP community with larger backlogs.  And while mine might not have the quantity of games that others do, it doesn't really lack for quality, at least if one defines "quality" as "how long does it take to Platinum this #!&%@# game".  And since that's what determines when I finish a game and stick it on the shelf (usually forevermore, but not always), having a bunch of those long games in my backlog or play piles means that those piles don't cycle all that often.

I'm sure there are a great many members of the PSNP community with larger backlogs.  And while mine might not have the quantity of games that others do, it doesn't really lack for quality, at least if one defines "quality" as "how long does it take to Platinum this #!&%@# game".  And since that's what determines when I finish a game and stick it on the shelf (usually forevermore, but not always), having a bunch of those long games in my backlog or play piles means that those piles don't cycle all that often.

Lol, I generally play what I feel like. I don't mind putting 100+ hours into a single game, if the story and characters are great and when there's lots of things to do/explore.