Let's Play SO5

^ Most I'm gonna do is a couple videos and leave some notes of interest. Anyone interested in making a guide can do what they will with it if they find it useful enough to include.

In other news, I just got Warden of the Stars (aka Platinum) while sleeping. I'll be assembling those things I mentioned over the next couple of days, but for now I'll keep it brief since I have to leave in the next 30 mins.

Hey, I'm having trouble tracking down a few things, anyone know where I can find this stuff?

• Weapon 14, 71, & 105
  • Armor 47
  • Avian Monster 22, & 29
  • Corrupt Monster 10, 38, & 39

I'm guessing the monsters are fron those random black voids, no clue on the equipment though... :hmm:

Just wanna bring this to everyone's attention, but the 3rd phase of the final boss can glitch out. I'm not entirely sure what causes it, but when the boss is supposed to go into the next part of the phase, it'll be caught in a strange loop where it'll just float up, then jerk down to the ground and continue doing that and not proceeding to the next part, requiring a reset.

• Like 1

Just wanna bring this to everyone's attention, but the 3rd phase of the final boss can glitch out. I'm not entirely sure what causes it, but when the boss is supposed to go into the next part of the phase, it'll be caught in a strange loop where it'll just float up, then jerk down to the ground and continue doing that and not proceeding to the next part, requiring a reset.

Ew ouch thanks for the heads up! Maybe it'll be patched by the time I get to it :hoping:

Ew ouch thanks for the heads up! Maybe it'll be patched by the time I get to it :hoping:

I dunno if that's gonna happen as it's not a random thing. I actually looked a bit more to see if anyone else has had this problem, and one person thinks it may have to do with certain roles that give status effects, and even instant death, and it just messes the final boss up. I unequipped all my roles with that stuff to see if that changes anything and am testing it now.

Update: Yup, seems like the status ailment and instant death upon normal hit roles can glitch the boss, so it's best if you unequip all of those so you don't have to reset.

Edited by TheFinalEmblem

I dunno if that's gonna happen as it's not a random thing. I actually looked a bit more to see if anyone else has had this problem, and one person thinks it may have to do with certain roles that give status effects, and even instant death, and it just messes the final boss up. I unequipped all my roles with that stuff to see if that changes anything and am testing it now.

Update: Yup, seems like the status ailment and instant death upon normal hit roles can glitch the boss, so it's best if you unequip all of those so you don't have to reset.

It may just be the instant death one (Assassin?), I've always had the 3 of the status aliment ones (Necromancer, Fringe Fighter, & Enforcer) equipped to my party members at all times.

Edited by Masamune

It may just be the instant death one, I've always had the 3 of the status aliment ones (Necromancer, Fringe Fighter, & Enforcer) equipped to my party members at all times.

Okay, that makes sense, if the instant death did hit, it would definitely screw up the fight. Hopefully Dragon will see this and add it to the OP so people know.

Edit: Okay, it may be something more now, as I tried again, and even with all the stuff unequipped, the boss glitched again. I'm just gonna set everyone in my party to manual during this part from now on.

Edit 2: Okay, so keeping them on manual helped. I think if you're able to actually interrupt the boss just as he's about to cast the attack and stun him or something, which is super common especially since I'm max level, it'll glitch it.

Edited by TheFinalEmblem

I'd like to join, im already pretty far into the rabbit hole of SO5. :)

Trophies: 33

Battle trophies: 92%

Item, quest, and monster data: 100%

Time played: (not including hour + afks) about 80 hours.

Edited by Cataclystik
  • Like 1

Time for another random update! :P

Trophies: 28/41 - Battle Trophies: 57% - Item Collection: 99% - Monster Progress: 98% - Quest Progress: 100% - Time played: 56:07

& I just got the trophy for completing all of Item Creation.

Oh, & the trophy list here is finally in English (at least the main list), using Google translate was getting old. :yay:

Friendly reminder for everyone to post your progress in this format:

Trophies: 28/41 - Battle Trophies: 57% - Items: 99% - Monsters: 98% - Quests: 100% - Time played: 56:07

That makes it a lot easier for me to add it to the OP.

Time for another random update! :P

Trophies: 28/41 - Battle Trophies: 57% - Item Collection: 99% - Monster Progress: 98% - Quest Progress: 100% - Time played: 56:07

& I just got the trophy for completing all of Item Creation.

Oh, & the trophy list here is finally in English (at least the main list), using Google translate was getting old. :yay:

Nice work, added to the OP. Edited the format a bit to fit in the monsters stat too :D.

I wanna join, too if it's ok =D

For anyone who wants to know my data I'm still in the beginning current location in Fidel's house after the first(?) boss lol

Still in the baby shoes but soon I hope I got forward with a good pace :'D

I'd like to join, im already pretty far into the rabbit hole of SO5. :)

Awesome, welcome to the event :highfive:.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 1

I'm only missing 2 monsters: Avian #22 (Vidofnir under Lv50?), & Corrupt #10 (Rock Hermit type?). If I'm right about the Avian one, I'll have to get that one on my next playthrough (since I think I can only fight Storm Dragons now), but does anyone have Corrupt #10? It's in the middle of the Rock Hermit monsters on the list, which makes me think it was just a common monster I missed... :hmm:

I'm only missing 2 monsters: Avian #22 (Vidofnir under Lv50?), & Corrupt #10 (Rock Hermit type?). If I'm right about the Avian one, I'll have to get that one on my next playthrough (since I think I can only fight Storm Dragons now), but does anyone have Corrupt #10? It's in the middle of the Rock Hermit monsters on the list, which makes me think it was just a common monster I missed... :hmm:

Man, I'm gonna have to make sure to fight those Vidofnirs next playthrough, didn't know they were all different and that the Catherdral changed as the story went on, glad I know now. Also, Corrupt #10 is Flying Ice, I think it's an enemy in Sohma, but I think that's long gone for you by now.

• Like 1

Man, I'm gonna have to make sure to fight those Vidofnirs next playthrough, didn't know they were all different and that the Catherdral changed as the story went on, glad I know now. Also, Corrupt #10 is Flying Ice, I think it's an enemy in Sohma, but I think that's long gone for you by now.

Yeah, that's the same reason I missed that one, I still have other playthroughs to go though, so it's not that bad. Actually, I have a few saves from a ways back, I may be able to use that.

Oh, & I just came across that final boss glitch of yours while going for the endings, I was about to restart when I tried one last thing... I had 1 Rush stock left, so I thought triggering an Ultimate attack may do something (I used Fidel's), & it did! :yay: Right after mine ended, he did his Annihilation attack, so if anyone comes across that glitch, try that.

Im just gonna say this... Miki has a riduculous amount of affection for some reason in my game. Ive dumped 40+ destabelizers on her and 18 love potions on Anne and STILL got her ending.

I'm using 20 of the hate potions on Miki, then 26 love potions on the character I need & that's been working so far (only one left), so you may want to try & get some more love potions & see if that works.

• Like 1

Im just gonna say this... Miki has a riduculous amount of affection for some reason in my game. Ive dumped 40+ destabelizers on her and 18 love potions on Anne and STILL got her ending.

Did you do other character's PAs, as well as answer with things the character likes? If you didn't, that might be why Miki has such high affection compared to the other characters. I did all the PAs I could, and I only needed to use 5 Desabilizers on Miki afterward to get Anne's, then 5 on both of them to get Victor, and so forth until Fiore.

And also, the game prioritizes the characters in a specific order if characters have the same affection: Miki>Fiore>Anne>Victor>Emmerson

Edited by TheFinalEmblem

Also, after that Annihilation attack mentioned above, whoever talks first is who's ending you'll get (except Relia, Miki will talk first in that case, you get Relia's -after- Miki's).

Edited by Masamune

Awesome, you were right about #10's location, & I had an older save at just the right spot to get the last 2 monsters I was missing. :dance: Now I can run through the other playthroughs without worrying about anything. :yay:

All that's left now is the Universe/Chaos playthroughs, & 5 BTs:

• 65: 1,000,000 Total Hits (current: 154,651)
  • 86: Defeat 10,000 Total Foes (current: 6,594)
  • 97: Use Signeturgy 1,000 Times (current: ???)
  • 99: Use items 500 times in battle (current: 186)
  • 100: Use items 1,000 times in battle

Awesome, you were right about #10's location, & I had an older save at just the right spot to get the last 2 monsters I was missing. :dance: Now I can run through the other playthroughs without worrying about anything. :yay:

All that's left now is the Universe/Chaos playthroughs, & 5 BTs:

• 65: 1,000,000 Total Hits (current: 154,651)
  • 86: Defeat 10,000 Total Foes (current: 6,594)
  • 97: Use Signeturgy 1,000 Times (current: ???)
  • 99: Use items 500 times in battle (current: 186)
  • 100: Use items 1,000 times in battle

Nice, glad to hear. As for me, I don't like having multiple saves and didn't know about those mutliples of the same Cathedral boss, so I gotta get them on my Universe run, but it won't be too bad, at least. And nice with the BTs, I still have 30 left, but I'm focusing on item creation and the post game dungeon more right now, and then I'll go for the remaining BTs.

Apologies for the late report Dragon Archon SIR! I've been preoccupied with other missions SIR! I've been trying to not look too deeply into this thread to avoid spoilers SIR! Here is my status on my scouting through the fifth Star Ocean SIR!

Trophies: 4/41 - Battle Trophies: 23% - Items: 17% - Monsters: 13% - Quests: 5% - Time played: 5:24

You can definitely tell the difference in Chaos difficulty, but since I know how Synthesis works now, I unlocked that asap & made an Icicle Sword, & some Elemental Leathers using 5 wires. Now I'm killing enemies with a single weak attack. evil-smile-onion-head-emoticon.gif?12928

Apologies for the late report Dragon Archon SIR! I've been preoccupied with other missions SIR! I've been trying to not look too deeply into this thread to avoid spoilers SIR! Here is my status on my scouting through the fifth Star Ocean SIR!

Trophies: 4/41 - Battle Trophies: 23% - Items: 17% - Monsters: 13% - Quests: 5% - Time played: 5:24

Nice work soldier, I received your report.

• Like 1

Just wanna state to everyone that I have officially started on the Star Ocean 5 trophy and gameplay guides! It'll be a while before they're done, but I aim to have them both out before the end of this month. I should have the platinum sometime in the next two weeks, and I'll be working on the guide while going through my Universe and Chaos mode playthroughs.

Also, I'll update my stats again, this time in the right format so they can be added to the OP. Currently I'm going through the Maze of Tribulations for the second time, and at the third floor. I'm trying my best to get the remaining Orichalcum and Moonstones I need for the rest of the items, and this last 1/3 and the next run should be more than enough opportunity... I really don't want to fight the EQ two more times...

Trophies: 33/41 - Battle Trophies: 71% - Items: 94% - Monsters: 97% - Quests: 100% - Time Played: 68:25

• Like 2

Just wanna state to everyone that I have officially started on the Star Ocean 5 trophy and gameplay guides! It'll be a while before they're done, but I aim to have them both out before the end of this month. I should have the platinum sometime in the next two weeks, and I'll be working on the guide while going through my Universe and Chaos mode playthroughs.

Also, I'll update my stats again, this time in the right format so they can be added to the OP. Currently I'm going through the Maze of Tribulations for the second time, and at the third floor. I'm trying my best to get the remaining Orichalcum and Moonstones I need for the rest of the items, and this last 1/3 and the next run should be more than enough opportunity... I really don't want to fight the EQ two more times...

Trophies: 33/41 - Battle Trophies: 71% - Items: 94% - Monsters: 97% - Quests: 100% - Time Played: 68:25

Added the stats to the OP. Good luck with the guide :D.