Let's Play SO5

I decided to do my last playthrough in Japanese, I'm so glad to see that changed those Harpy's annoying ass voice, I would've did that on my second if I knew. xD I'm hoping Der-Suul's voice is better too, that English one is just not a good fit for him.

Man, those harpies are annoying as hell. I'm gonna do the same thing for my Universe run, and while Der-Suul's voice didn't fit him much in English, I still liked it, he was still pretty badass.

Man, those harpies are annoying as hell. I'm gonna do the same thing for my Universe run, and while Der-Suul's voice didn't fit him much in English, I still liked it, he was still pretty badass.

Yeah, I was kinda hoping he'd be a playable character, he kinda reminded me of Albel from SO3, or even Arumat from SO4.

Universe is done, I definitely shaved-off some time on that playthrough, it took about 11 hours. :yay: Hopefully this will be my last update before the Platinum:

Trophies: 39/41 - Battle Trophies: 96% - Items: 100% - Monsters: 100% - Quests: 100% - Time played: 87:50

• 65: 1,000,000 Total Hits (current: 206,711)
  • 86: Defeat 10,000 Total Foes (current: 9,363)
  • 99: Use items 500 times in battle (current: 389)
  • 100: Use items 1,000 times in battle

Seems that Tri-Ace has learned their lessons from The Last Hope International and made it so getting the battle trophies is much easier. Great job to everyone! (Not like I care - I am never going to try a Star Ocean platinum, gave up on the series after the third game. :unsure: )

Seems that Tri-Ace has learned their lessons from The Last Hope International and made it so getting the battle trophies is much easier. 

And this makes me strangely...dissapointed. I know that there is nothing fun in doing the same objective over and over and over and over but still... 

I... I just did something incredibly stupid... bad-atmosphere-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1

I was doing the automatic Wind Dragon method to rack-up hits & I started feeling a little tired (only slept 2 hours last night), so I dosed off for a bit, I figured everything would be okay since my HP never fell below 75%, & my MP was infinite... but I forgot about one thing... THE BLOODY %#*!?^\ POWER-SAVE SETTINGS!!!

tumblr_nt6xdxLwWl1sjts6to1_500.gif

When I woke-up, the damn thing turned itself off.... that's over 4 hours lost, I had over half the item uses done too. hate-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862507 It must've just happened too, because the system was still warm. desperate2-onion-head-emoticon.gif?12928

I... I just did something incredibly stupid... bad-atmosphere-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1

I was doing the automatic Wind Dragon method to rack-up hits & I started feeling a little tired (only slept 2 hours last night), so I dosed off for a bit, I figured everything would be okay since my HP never fell below 75%, & my MP was infinite... but I forgot about one thing... THE BLOODY %#*!?^\ POWER-SAVE SETTINGS!!!

When I woke-up, the damn thing turned itself off.... that's over 4 hours lost, I had over half the item uses done too. hate-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862507 It must've just happened too, because the system was still warm. desperate2-onion-head-emoticon.gif?12928

That's weird, it should just go into sleep mode, and then you start backup where you left off, like the vita. Check your power saving that it's not power off. You're not saving much energy anyway between sleep and shutdown.

I never touch mine, it always goes into sleep mode and then I turn it back on and continue where I left off.

I feel your pain though, I remember countless nes snes ps1 etc moments where I didn't save and a power outage would occur, or I died.... without saving for a long time... I usually walked away and start again the next day cause I couldn't bear the thought of starting over

It'll be ok, at least it's not SO4

7e9.gif

Edited by Dav9834
  • Like 2

That's weird, it should just go into sleep mode, and then you start backup where you left off, like the vita. Check your power saving that it's not power off. You're not saving much energy anyway between sleep and shutdown.

I don't really care about the saving energy part, I just had it on as a precaution if I ever left somewhere & forgot to turn it off. The thing gets so hot, I don't like leaving it on for long periods of time (even though I played like 8-10 hours straight recently :P), but I thought it was set to go into sleep mode, I must've messed up one of the settings (I know I was messing with them when I was downloading a large file a while back). :(

I'm glad I kept a save from right before the battle at Resulia, that's a great place to finish off any kills you need: two groups of weak enemies respawn very fast there, if you have Synthesis unlocked & made an Icicle Sword, you can kill them in one hit.

You also don't have to worry about the AI characters running around stealing your kills, because whatever they kill count for you as well (you could actually let it sit & get kills, but it's quicker to do it yourself).

Damn dude, that really sucks, and honestly, the same would've happened to me since I've never checked the settings on my PS4 before.

So I assume I should change the settings to go into sleep mode after it's idle when doing the qutogrind method, and it'll still do the battle and rack up the million hits?

Damn dude, that really sucks, and honestly, the same would've happened to me since I've never checked the settings on my PS4 before.

So I assume I should change the settings to go into sleep mode after it's idle when doing the qutogrind method, and it'll still do the battle and rack up the million hits?

I'm not sure what the default settings are, but if it goes to sleep mode, that suspends the game, so I turned off all the power save setting before doing it again.

I just did some math: doing the auto-grind method (+ spamming Air Raid with Fidel), should get you about 38,000 hits an hour. Doing the auto-grind method & just letting it sit (with Fidel idle) would probably be around the 33,000 hits an hour range, so considering I have about 230,000 hits already, it probably will take 20+ hours... sigh-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862519I'm obviously not going to keep my PS4 on that long, so I'll probably do it in 2 or 3 sessions.

I'm kinda surprised how much this one BT sticks out compared to the others though, I mean they're extremely easy & most of them can be done fairly quickly. Maybe they threw this one in to remind people of the SO4 days? xD

Damn that sucks. 

Btw which anime is that gif from?

7e9.gif

Kill la Kill  :wub:

Damn that sucks. 

Btw which anime is that gif from?

Looking at the characters, I'm pretty confident that gif is No Game No Life. Seen a few eps of it myself a while ago, I like what I've seen but I have yet to finish the first season.

Also I apologize for not doing more Star Oceaning, I got a lot of other RPGs for my birthday too and I happened to choose to focus on those moreso than SO5. I like a lot of the things this game has going for it, but it's also got some glaring flaws that make it excite me less than the other RPGs I got. The cutscenes and characterizations are pretty disappointing thus far, I'm hoping it gets better later but thus far it feels like this game has "information over characterization" syndrome IMO.

Beat 6 winged Gabe and EQ this evening, yay, however, I still need like 12 orichalcums because I guess my drop rate really sucked so I probably will need to fight her at least once more, probably twice. I still need one more Gabe feather for my tri-emblem too.

Beat 6 winged Gabe and EQ this evening, yay, however, I still need like 12 orichalcums because I guess my drop rate really sucked so I probably will need to fight her at least once more, probably twice. I still need one more Gabe feather for my tri-emblem too.

There should be enough chances to get that many Orichalcums without fighting EQ again, but it will probably require some reloading & beating those multiple enemy boss fights of the first floor a few times. One room has 5 chances, but the best I could get was 3, another has 3, & I was able to get 2.

There should be enough chances to get that many Orichalcums without fighting EQ again, but it will probably require some reloading & beating those multiple enemy boss fights of the first floor a few times. One room has 5 chances, but the best I could get was 3, another has 3, & I was able to get 2.

Thanks for the advice! I remember the first time I fought that particular boss I got 3 or 4 and I assumed that farming the orichalcums would be easy, then of course the next few runs weren't so forgiving. 

*yawn* Well, looks like I got about... 330,000 hits last night (it was on about 9-10 hours), I guess my estimates yesterday were pretty accurate. xD That brings me up to around 670,000 hits, so I'll probably have the plat by late tonight, or tomorrow (going to let the PS4 rest some now :P).

Oh, & when you're doing the auto-grind method, make sure to have Miki casting Terra Hammer (if you're level is max, which it should be, you shouldn't have any problem surviving with just a partial healer), I noticed once that skill is maxed, it's hit count goes up to 30.

Edited by Masamune

Hey, can anyone point me to a Synthesis guide? There's still a few items I need to create through it, and the person running the guide I was using before decided to delete the information and reformat, and it doesn't have everything anymore.

The one at fenixbazaar? That's the one I was using for a bit, but it looks like it changed. I'm not sure if there are any more around...