Let's Play SO5

What kind of playtime are you looking at at the final dungeon? curious just how long this game actually is.

I was around the 30 hour mark once I reached the final dungeon (I even did all the quests), & I finished the dungeon in like... 5 minutes. Well... that was unexpectedly short.whaaat1-onion-head-emoticon.gif?12928625

I was around the 30 hour mark once I reached the final dungeon (I even did all the quests), & I finished the dungeon in like... 5 minutes. Well... that was unexpectedly short.whaaat1-onion-head-emoticon.gif?12928625

Congrats! Or not?

Regardless!

The question of the day, new game+, what carries over for sure.

Congrats! Or not?

Regardless!

The question of the day, new game+, what carries over for sure.

It seems... BTs, item/enemy progress, aaannd that's it.  whaaat1-onion-head-emoticon.gif?12928625So it seems about the same as SO4, however I still don't know if BT progress carries over or not (I'll check that in a sec). :hmm:

Well here's a small blessing, it looks like BT progress -does- carry over! :yay: I had 2835 enemy kills at the end of the game, & it's still counting up from there on my new game.

• Like 1

It seems... BTs, item/enemy progress, aaannd that's it. whaaat1-onion-head-emoticon.gif?12928625So it seems about the same as SO4, however I still don't know if BT progress carries over or not (I'll check that in a sec). :hmm:

Well here's a small blessing, it looks like BT progress -does- carry over! :yay: I had 2835 enemy kills at the end of the game, & it's still counting up from there on my new game.

Wooooo!! I've been wanting to know that for sure for a while! I can now pass out and sleep soundly ahhh

tumblr_mzl847cHrO1rbnx7io1_500.gif

• Like 1

Hmm... I just tried to get one of the other endings (I got Miki's first), so I gave Miki 20 of the items that are suppose to lower her affection, then I gave another character around 7 of the love potions (that's all I had) but I still got Miki's ending. Just how many of these things am I going to need? :huh:

• Like 1

For what it's worth, here's what the EQ fight is like.

I'm surprised the EQ has no introduction cutscene. So glad she has a visible health bar this time.

LMAO, congrats :yay:.

Yes, best improvement ever :dance:.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

I've started my grind to Lv255, so far I'm leveling up a couple times each fight (against 3 Metal Scumbags), I think it's getting me around 300K EXP each time. Pretty good for a fight that only lasts about 10 seconds. :P

• Like 2

I've started my grind to Lv255, so far I'm leveling up a couple times each fight (against 3 Metal Scumbags), I think it's getting me around 300K EXP each time. Pretty good for a fight that only lasts about 10 seconds. :P

I wish I could pin posts or favorites for later viewing

It looks like Relia is the first one to hit Lv255, everyone else is still in the 240s (except Fidel who is at 250). That went fairly quick though, I kinda wish it kept track of how many Scumbags I slaughtered though. evil-smile-onion-head-emoticon.gif?12928

I also got a nice chunk of Fol thanks to those things stealing it (I'm at 9M Fol, & I think I was around 2M when I started), then I got back more because of my Fol bonuses.

I wish I could pin posts or favorites for later viewing

Take notes. :P

Currently prepping for Gabe and EQ,  which might be beaten today if all goes accordingly. If anyone's interested in checking out the postgame stuff, I'll be on Twitch.

Any recommendations on what equipment/abilities to be on the lookout for while going for those? The last boss on the first floor of the bonus dungeon was so OP I had to abuse the "Dead Man Walking" role on Miki just to survive 10 seconds into the fight. -_-

Take notes. :P

pfft what strange language, never heard of it before. lol

Well this took me a bit more time than I thought, I'll update them as I progress(slowly), but for people starting off it should help :)

Star Ocean 5, S05 Maps, and World Map 

JexZ1Le.png

eJFk4No.png

jZ6wIPZ.png

juOyTn2.png

GCCKSHe.png

O9u1f0M.png

R8g1cZN.png

I got a little lazy on the "world map"

hsMfWPG.jpg

Edited by Dav9834
  • Like 2

Updated the progress to the OP. It would be really helpful if progress was posted in this format:

Trophies: 19/41 - Battle Trophies: 39% - Item Collection: 68% - Quest Progress: 100% - Time played: 28:07

Well this took me a bit more time than I thought, I'll update them as I progress(slowly), but for people starting off it should help :)

Star Ocean 5, S05 Maps, and World Map

Nice work Dave, I'll add these to the OP.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

The Queen is dead! :yay:

Edit: well that sucks, it looks like the entire bonus dungeon has to be done more than once... Oh well, this place is still heaven compared to the Wandering Dungeon. :P

Updated the progress to the OP. It would be really helpful if progress was posted in this format:

Trophies: 19/41 - Battle Trophies: 39% - Item Collection: 68% - Quest Progress: 100% - Time played: 28:07

You might want to add monster progress to that too (since there are 2 trophies for it). Anyways, here's my update:

Trophies: 20/41 - Battle Trophies: 47% - Item Collection: 82% - Monster Collection: 95% - Quest Progress: 100% - Time played: 42:51

Edited by Masamune

Hopefully the plat shall be attained tomorrow. Just need Chaos, which I'm currently working on, Universe, 2 more monster entries, one more ending, and 4 more BTs, including about 300000 more hits. I found a better autogrind method but I'm still testing setups to see what works best.

Any recommendations on what equipment/abilities to be on the lookout for while going for those? The last boss on the first floor of the bonus dungeon was so OP I had to abuse the "Dead Man Walking" role on Miki just to survive 10 seconds into the fight. -_-

Judging by the above post, I'm guessing this is no longer needed?

• Like 1

Judging by the above post, I'm guessing this is no longer needed?

Yeah, I was able to get through it without much difficulty (I didn't even mess with Augmentation much either). I already took out their 4-wing versions too, I just need to do the dungeon one more time now.

Thanks though. :)

Hmm... I don't think I have much to gain from battles anymore... My levels have been maxed out for a while, so I transferred my EXP to SP then upgraded everything possible with that, then I transferred the EXP to FOL & I just hit 99,999,999 FOL after the 3rd EQ fight (which was strangely easier than the 2nd). xD

I have to admit, I was really disappointed with Santa's shop in this game, even after upgrading it 2 times from clearing the bonus dungeon (I didn't notice anything new after the 3rd clear) he still doesn't have very good stuff... He's got the fake tri-Emblum, but other than for your item collection, I don't see much use for it. He's also got some accessories that can be augmented with equipment that give a 5% boost to a certain stat, but that's about it. :|

Chaos difficulty has been cleared. Final boss never put up much of a fight. Some of the regular encounters (Avengers...) were more difficult than it due to the narrow passageways you fight them in.

Yeah, I was able to get through it without much difficulty (I didn't even mess with Augmentation much either). I already took out their 4-wing versions too, I just need to do the dungeon one more time now.

Thanks though. :)

Hopefully you got enough Orichalchum (need about 32 or 35 for all recipes, something like that) after clearing the 3rd EQ fight, otherwise you may have to do the dungeon more times than you'd like.

Should probably actually post my first update...

Actually quite enjoying this game, seems to be a couple of strange difficulty spikes though...

Anyway here goes:

Trophies: 7/41

Battle Trophies: 27%

Item Collection: 33%

Monster Collection: 30% 

Quest Progress: 18% 

Time played: 12:33

Chaos difficulty has been cleared. Final boss never put up much of a fight. Some of the regular encounters (Avengers...) were more difficult than it due to the narrow passageways you fight them in.

Hopefully you got enough Orichalchum (need about 32 or 35 for all recipes, something like that) after clearing the 3rd EQ fight, otherwise you may have to do the dungeon more times than you'd like.

Crap, didn't think about that... it looks like I need about 13 more. bad-atmosphere-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1 I remember finding a chest with 3 of them in it before in the bonus dungeon, I wonder if there's any I overlooked? :hmm:

Here's my post 4th of July long weekend update:

Trophies: 22/41 - Level 207 - Battle Trophies: 76% - Item Collection: 91% - Monster Collection: 91% - Quest Progress: 100% - Time played: 38:14

Started to do the 2nd floor of the bonus dungeon, but got sidetracked leveling up after how much trouble I had with the boss of the 1st floor. After doing that for awhile I decided to go and grind some small items to start completing my collection book. 

For those who have already played through the bonus dungeon and/or beat the game, do you know if there is a way to return to the final story boss's area after you leave? I played through the last level entirely again and there was nothing at the end to allow me to return. Help?! (you just re-enter the same way you would if you left via the "portal of last return" and hadn't yet beaten the game)

While trying to solve my problem above I ended up on the primagames website. Their eguide is 50% off for this weekend if anyone is interested. Dunno when exactly it ends, but for now it is $5. Hopefully I can get the answer I need in there!!

Edited by KempDogg410

It's in Fidel's house, there's a dark portal that takes you back. Isn't that how you returned back to begin with?

As for progress, there should be a hits counter added as that is the grindy one:

Trophies: 39/41

Battle Trophies: 99% (about 760000/1000000 hits, sadly had a power outage while I slept last night which ruined my autogrind testing)

Item Collection: 100%

Monster Collection: 100%

Quest Progress: 100%

Time played: Will tally later.

Expect some videos and possibly some notes to go up over the next few days.

Edited by greenzsaber

I wanna join, too if it's ok =D

For anyone who wants to know my data I'm still in the beginning current location in Fidel's house after the first(?) boss lol

Trophies: 5/41

Battle Trophies: only 19% so far

Item Collection: 10%

Monster Collection: 8% 

Quest Progress: 2% 

Time played: 3:50 with a lot idle fun :'D

Still in the baby shoes but soon I hope I got forward with a good pace :'D

Edited by Tanuzomi
  • Like 1

Since I beat the game for the first time on Galaxy, I think it's about time I update my progress, also for the first time.

Trophies: 19/41

Battle Trophies: 70%

Item Collection: 78%

Monster Collection: 85%

Quest Progress: 100%

Time Played: 44:40

Right now, I just started going through the Maze of Tribulations with some serious shenanigans, controlling Anne, with Kaizer Knuckles and 7063 ATK, Dead Man Walking, Berserker, and Attack Advocate, which is only level 5 right now, so attack will go up even more soon. Currently everyone's only level 104, but once I see those Metal Scumbags, that's gonna shoot up. It's hilarious how fun it is drawing aggro and kicking and punching the shit out of thinks while Miki just heals whenever needed. It's so broken, but I love it.

Also, has a guide gotten started for this yet? Because I'd totally love to get in on that if it is, and if not, I'll gladly start one, but I just wanna know beforehand.

Edited by TheFinalEmblem