Let's Play SO5

Not like anyone cares, but I've reached what I believe to be the final story dungeon and am doing some quests before I proceed. Most likely missed a lot of enemies so I'll have to clean it up during a 2nd playthrough. Also found a way to autogrind hits while I sleep but it's kinda slow.

• Like 1

Not like anyone cares, but I've reached what I believe to be the final story dungeon and am doing some quests before I proceed. Most likely missed a lot of enemies so I'll have to clean it up during a 2nd playthrough. Also found a way to autogrind hits while I sleep but it's kinda slow.

Nice work :yay:.

What's the auto-grind method?

Already! :shocked: (then) :depressed:

Ya what's the method!

Edit: I rescind my depression, now you can let us know if the unfinished(cumulative, say you killed 5000 foes out of the 10000) Battle Trophies carry on to the next playthrough!

He clearly thought for sure we didn't care. On the contrary!

I am almost finished with Black Ops 3, which I really want to be my first platinum on this account, but after that I really want to join an ultra rare plat "We Play" event. The question I have before hand is, should I play SO4 before playing SO5, or could I just jump in this one and go back to the fourth one after?

• Like 1

I am almost finished with Black Ops 3, which I really want to be my first platinum on this account, but after that I really want to join an ultra rare plat "We Play" event. The question I have before hand is, should I play SO4 before playing SO5, or could I just jump in this one and go back to the fourth one after?

SO5 isn't a direct sequel to SO4, it takes place on a different planet a few dozens (or maybe even hundreds) of years later. Also SO4 takes an average of 400 hours to plat. You should know the SO4 thread isn't accepting any new participants anymore since June 1st 2016. Let me know which SO game you've decided to play.

Also this is a Let's Play, not a We Play. In We Plays participants play to a specified checkpoint in the game and then wait for everyone else to catch up before moving on to the next checkpoint :).

Edited by Dragon-Archon

SO5 isn't a direct sequel to SO4, it takes place on a different planet a few dozens (or maybe even hundreds) of years later. Also SO4 takes an average of 400 hours to plat. You should know the SO4 thread isn't accepting any new participants anymore since June 1st 2016. Let me know which SO game you've decided to play.

Also this is a Let's Play, not a We Play. In We Plays participants play to a specified checkpoint in the game and then wait for everyone else to catch up before moving on to the next checkpoint :).

Alright, thank you! I'll probably do SO5 so I can actually join this, and then use the other thread for SO4 as support when I go to do it. I'll post on here after I finish Black Ops 3 and officially start SO5 to let you know I'm joining!

Ah, I didn't know that! I want to be more active on the forums here. I've never really used them on this account or my previous one. Still learning a lot, haha. I know I see you every where though and you're very helpful!

Edited by PoisedTorment

Done for the day dreaming-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862

I'm taking my time with the game, really enjoying the it!

5 Hours 24% BTs

I just realized that the games trophies aren't on PSNP yet. Usually they go up before right?

Edited by Dav9834

Man, I've been trying to catch-up with all the Quests, PAs, etc, but they just seem to be never ending. work-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862526

I just realized that the games trophies aren't on PSNP yet. Usually they go up before right?

For some reason, mine just goes to the Japanese version's trophies. I remember this happening once with another game (can't remember which) that released earlier than expected, & that had something to do with the trophies not being right. :hmm:

• Like 1

Man, I've been trying to catch-up with all the Quests, PAs, etc, but they just seem to be never ending. work-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862526

For some reason, mine just goes to the Japanese version's trophies. I remember this happening once with another game (can't remember which) that released earlier than expected, & that had something to do with the trophies not being right. :hmm:

I just popped in to post the picture of the Japanese trophy lol!

I was going to see if others looked like this lol

https://i.imgur.com/YSOsRVKr.jpg

All quests complete! :yay: Most of them are pretty straightforward & easy, but there was two I couldn't find the items for (Marbled Meat, & Empyreanase), I had to make those via Synthesis.

Here's my current progress:

Playtime: 28:07:21

Level: 85

Item Collection: 68%

Enemies: 78%

Quest Progress: 100%

Battle Trophies: 39% (all those are just what I've earned naturally so far)

I just popped in to post the picture of the Japanese trophy lol!
I was going to see if others looked like this lol
https://i.imgur.com/YSOsRVKr.jpg

I think the actual trophy images are the same either way, isn't it? I just meant the trophies on my list -here- are in Japanese (but still English on the PS4).

• Like 1

Maybe Sly just needs to rescan the Japanese trophy list to update it.

All quests complete! :yay: Most of them are pretty straightforward & easy, but there was two I couldn't find the items for (Marbled Meat, & Empyreanase), I had to make those via Synthesis.

I think the actual trophy images are the same either way, isn't it? I just meant the trophies on my list -here- are in Japanese (but still English on the PS4).

Nice progress :yay:. It's good to know items and quests are being tracked too.

• Like 1

Ya it's strange, if I go to the "activity/what's new" list on the ps4, and it says "David has earned 5 trophies" they're in Japanese. If I go on psnp, there's nothing. I think if I go straight to my trophies on ps4 it's in English.

I'm getting likes on my trophies in the activity list probably because people think I imported it and am playing it by using a translation guide O_o

Edited by Dav9834

How is Star Ocean 5 btw? Cuz thinking about getting it.

I'm enjoying it, reminds me of the Tales franchise a bit. I recommend it.

Others are farther along in the game though and could give you better recommendation than I.

After my epic failure to complete SO4 I feel like i need to come back and finish this to encourage myself to go back and work on SO4 again after this.

Either way sign me up to this and I'll try to actually manage to finish this one. xD

For anyone who's interested I'll be streaming the majority of this playthrough (streams in description) just in case anyone wants to check out the game before buying or anything of the sorts.

I'm also writing writing out basic notes for 100% mainly to convert to speedrun notes later, but when there finished will be more than happy to contribute anything useful to the guide if there is anything.

Anyway good luck to everyone on this Epic Quest :)

Done for the day dreaming-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862

I'm taking my time with the game, really enjoying the it!

5 Hours 24% BTs

Nice work :yay:.

What's the auto-grind method?

It's still undergoing testing and I don't want to jump the gun too soon in case there's a better method that exists. If you're really curious though, I'll be recording gameplay almost all week in my research facility aka Twitch. Currently prepping for Gabe and EQ,  which might be beaten today if all goes accordingly. If anyone's interested in checking out the postgame stuff, I'll be on Twitch.

I got a question for everyone, I have an elgato capture card, and I've had it hooked up while playing so5. What would people want to see(chest locations, random private conversation locations, etc(quests?)). I'm finding it actually kind of hard what to record because the game has been so straight forward so far.

The only thing I've been able to come up with is screenshots of the map, and then add in chest and harvesting locations.

For those that are farther along than me, what would you have liked to have had on hand to see when you were playing through so5?

Don't you love it when you buy an new expensive sword & then just a few minutes later you find something better in a chest? <_< Then I found something even better than that in one of those dark voids, it's a light element (I usually like to avoid element based weapons), but for 1400 ATK I'll deal with it (that first weapon I bought only had 600 ATK). xD

Oh, & I also got my 500 hits BT from that last enemy in said dark void. Actually I got into the 700s... twice. :P

I got a question for everyone, I have an elgato capture card, and I've had it hooked up while playing so5. What would people want to see(chest locations, random private conversation locations, etc(quests?)). I'm finding it actually kind of hard what to record because the game has been so straight forward so far.

The only thing I've been able to come up with is screenshots of the map, and then add in chest and harvesting locations.

For those that are farther along than me, what would you have liked to have had on hand to see when you were playing through so5?

I wouldn't worry about quests, they're easy enough without any help. A full map with chest/gathering locations could be useful (since Treasure Sense only works on the minimap), & maybe where PAs appear on the field (wouldn't worry about the ones you trigger via the whistle symbol).

Edited by Masamune
  • Like 1

Don't you love it when you buy an new expensive sword & then just a few minutes later you find something better in a chest? <_< Then I found something even better than that in one of those dark voids, it's a light element (I usually like to avoid element based weapons), but for 1400 ATK I'll deal with it (that first weapon I bought only had 600 ATK). xD

Oh, & I also got my 500 hits BT from that last enemy in said dark void. Actually I got into the 700s... twice. :P

I wouldn't worry about quests, they're easy enough without any help. A full map with chest/gathering locations could be useful (since Treasure Sense only works on the minimap), & maybe where PAs appear on the field (wouldn't worry about the ones you trigger via the whistle symbol).

I kinda know what you mean, I just finished the second dark void and then realized the benefits of smithery :facepalm: double the atk than the sword I had for fidel, I really could have used that on that stupid eye...

Ok ya I can do that! I'll see if I can post a few tonight that I know all the location info.

Actually I got a better idea, chests, PA locations (including town random PAs), singular maps, but also bigger maps joining the smaller ones together. Been doing a lot of backtracking and having what area connects to what area all in one (or a few) image would at least be amazing for me. A world map essentially.
  • Like 1

ok calling it a night

8 hours 20 min

BTs 27%

Quests 9%

Item Encyclopedia 19%

Enemy Encyclopedia 15%

(I'm taking it mad slow, I think I'm in the beginning of chapter 3?)

Edited by Dav9834

Well, I think I've made it to the final dungeon, I also got a warp point back to town but I can't think of anything else I have to do there... :hmm: So I guess I'm jumping right in! :P

What kind of playtime are you looking at at the final dungeon? curious just how long this game actually is.