Let's Play SO5

Just wanna state to everyone that I have officially started on the Star Ocean 5 trophy and gameplay guides! It'll be a while before they're done, but I aim to have them both out before the end of this month. I should have the platinum sometime in the next two weeks, and I'll be working on the guide while going through my Universe and Chaos mode playthroughs.

Also, I'll update my stats again, this time in the right format so they can be added to the OP. Currently I'm going through the Maze of Tribulations for the second time, and at the third floor. I'm trying my best to get the remaining Orichalcum and Moonstones I need for the rest of the items, and this last 1/3 and the next run should be more than enough opportunity... I really don't want to fight the EQ two more times...

Trophies: 33/41 - Battle Trophies: 71% - Items: 94% - Monsters: 97% - Quests: 100% - Time Played: 68:25

Dave created some maps (they're in the OP), maybe they're useful to add to the gameplay guide? Not sure if those are all the maps though.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 1

Just wanna state to everyone that I have officially started on the Star Ocean 5 trophy and gameplay guides! It'll be a while before they're done, but I aim to have them both out before the end of this month. I should have the platinum sometime in the next two weeks, and I'll be working on the guide while going through my Universe and Chaos mode playthroughs.

Also, I'll update my stats again, this time in the right format so they can be added to the OP. Currently I'm going through the Maze of Tribulations for the second time, and at the third floor. I'm trying my best to get the remaining Orichalcum and Moonstones I need for the rest of the items, and this last 1/3 and the next run should be more than enough opportunity... I really don't want to fight the EQ two more times...

Trophies: 33/41 - Battle Trophies: 71% - Items: 94% - Monsters: 97% - Quests: 100% - Time Played: 68:25

Dave created some maps (they're in the OP), maybe they're useful to add to the gameplay guide? Not sure if those are all the maps though.

Those aren't all the maps, but I'll have all the maps finished before the guide is done. Use them to your hearts content! Just ya know, put my name in for my hours of love I put into those maps :D

Those aren't all the maps, but I'll have all the maps finished before the guide is done. Use them to your hearts content! Just ya know, put my name in for my hours of love I put into those maps :D

Cool, thanks, those maps will help with treasures that contain some items that otherwise could only be made in Synthesis. And of course I'll give you credit for it, dude.

• Like 1

Damn, those "protect Anne" battles on Chaos are being a pain, I was able to do the first one by the second try, but the second battle (in Trei'kuran Dunes) is just being evil... >_<

Edit: I just had to end up using 3 of my Rush points to nuke the enemies with 3 Lv1 attacks... so much for my EXP bonus I've been saving up. -_-

Edited by Masamune

Damn, those "protect Anne" battles on Chaos are being a pain, I was able to do the first one by the second try, but the second battle (in Trei'kuran Dunes) is just being evil... >_<

Edit: I just had to end up using 3 of my Rush points to nuke the enemies with 3 Lv1 attacks... so much for my EXP bonus I've been saving up. -_-

Oh geez, I'm gonna dread those. Reserve Rush is pretty much the only option for the first two fights since they always go after Anne, that or control Miki and always heal. At least the 3rd one is easier, just block the entryway and bop everyone that comes in. The AI is super stupid in the fight, so most won't even get in.

Haha, so much for one of the hardest fights in the story (3rd boss trophy), this time I came prepared with a max Berserker Role (+150% ATK -150% DEF) & other boosts. evil-smile-onion-head-emoticon.gif?12928 As soon as the fight started, I just used a Lv4 ultimate attack & killed everything (ATK was 2,000+)!

c1d.gif

Oh geez, I'm gonna dread those. Reserve Rush is pretty much the only option for the first two fights since they always go after Anne, that or control Miki and always heal. At least the 3rd one is easier, just block the entryway and bop everyone that comes in. The AI is super stupid in the fight, so most won't even get in.

The 1st one isn't as bad as long as you take-out that one flying enemy first, but the 3rd one is easy, half the enemies just keep running towards the wall because the doorway is so small. xD I had more trouble with the boss fight afterwords (where you can't save beforehand).

Oh, I've given-up on Miki trying to heal me on her own, I'll be sitting there with my health at 30%, Miki has 90% MP, & what does she do? ...she starts attacking the enemy with her staff. <_<

• Like 1

Haha, so much for one of the hardest fights in the story (3rd boss trophy), this time I came prepared with a max Berserker Role (+150% ATK -150% DEF) & other boosts. evil-smile-onion-head-emoticon.gif?12928 As soon as the fight started, I just used a Lv4 ultimate attack & killed everything (ATK was 2,000+)!

c1d.gif

The 1st one isn't as bad as long as you take-out that one flying enemy first, but the 3rd one is easy, half the enemies just keep running towards the wall because the doorway is so small. xD I had more trouble with the boss fight afterwords (where you can't save beforehand).

Oh, I've given-up on Miki trying to heal me on her own, I'll be sitting there with my health at 30%, Miki has 90% MP, & what does she do? ...she starts attacking the enemy with her staff. <_<

Nice one.

Yeah, Miki has some really dumb AI, much like most healers do. I have her set up so she won't attack, she's meant to heal at all times, and since I have DMW on, I have to depend on her for healing, or use an item... I will watch as my HP dips below 5K, and I have to use an item, and she'll stand there the whole time doing nothing, or she'll do it after I use the item... Which is why I usually have to control her in boss fights or harder fights like that.

c1d.gif

Congrats :yay:. You're getting close to platting the game.

So, I find an easy way to cheese pretty much any fight in the game, but I'm using this for the Gabe and EQ fight specifically, so the God Slayer role can be changed. Basically, I have Anne equipped with Berserker, Draugr Monarch, God Slayer, and Dead Man Walking, along with her Immolating Fangs, an Attack Bracelet and Attack Amulet. What this does is gives Anne near max attack to do big damage on normal hits, 35K-40K for first hit, and up to 99999 at 200%, and every hit I land gets 5% of the damage back as HP, and while DMW can drain the HP a bit faster than usual recovering, having the 30% crit boost from Immolating Fangs, I can basically be at a constant HP at all times, and if the crits are generous, recover faster than DMW can drain. While I know the EQ has tons of HP and this can take a while, it's a pretty surefire way of winning without having to rely on allies who suck at knowing when to heal and also not having to use items. She's at about half HP at the moment of me posting this, and I haven't gone below 30K HP at all.

Congrats :yay:. You're getting close to platting the game.

Yep, actually I got that Signeturgy BT yesterday, so only 4 left! :yay: It was kinda funny when I earned it though, I woke-up too early & was about to fall asleep when I was playing, so I thought I'd better wake myself up or I may earn that BT without noticing... I swear, not even 2 seconds after I thought that, up pops the 1,000 Signeturgy BT. xD

I'm trying to focus on using a lot of items now, but I'm only up to 269.

So, I find an easy way to cheese pretty much any fight in the game, but I'm using this for the Gabe and EQ fight specifically, so the God Slayer role can be changed. Basically, I have Anne equipped with Berserker, Draugr Monarch, God Slayer, and Dead Man Walking, along with her Immolating Fangs, an Attack Bracelet and Attack Amulet. What this does is gives Anne near max attack to do big damage on normal hits, 35K-40K for first hit, and up to 99999 at 200%, and every hit I land gets 5% of the damage back as HP, and while DMW can drain the HP a bit faster than usual recovering, having the 30% crit boost from Immolating Fangs, I can basically be at a constant HP at all times, and if the crits are generous, recover faster than DMW can drain. While I know the EQ has tons of HP and this can take a while, it's a pretty surefire way of winning without having to rely on allies who suck at knowing when to heal and also not having to use items. She's at about half HP at the moment of me posting this, and I haven't gone below 30K HP at all.

I tried doing something like this once, but I couldn't do near enough damage to make-up for Dead Man (although I was using Fidel, not Anne). I wasn't using the best set-up either back then, so I can definitely see if you found a good combo of skills, that could make you near invincible. xD Oh, & fun fact: 6-wing EQ has 129,600,000 HP on Galaxy Mode (not sure what difficulty you're on), so have fun with her if you're using that method to beat her. :P

I tried doing something like this once, but I couldn't do near enough damage to make-up for Dead Man (although I was using Fidel, not Anne). I wasn't using the best set-up either back then, so I can definitely see if you found a good combo of skills, that could make you near invincible. xD Oh, & fun fact: 6-wing EQ has 129,600,000 HP on Galaxy Mode (not sure what difficulty you're on), so have fun with her if you're using that method to beat her. :P

lmao, yeah I know, that HP amount hurts, but at least I have stuff to watch while doing the battle so it's not super boring. It only recovers HP with normal hits, so no skills can be used to recover HP, which is a bummer. It'd be really funny though to use Fists of Fury and recover tons of HP, haha. All I have to do is switch between weak and strong attacks, and heal maybe once or twice with an item if she runs and my HP gets low. The biggest thing is damage you can do, though, so that's why near max Attack and Godslayer are a must. I put on Critical Combatant and took off Godslayer to raise Anne's crit rate to 60%, but the damage suffered a lot, so I couldn't recover as much anymore. At least after the 3rd time I won't have to face her ever again.

I put on Critical Combatant and took off Godslayer to raise Anne's crit rate to 60%, but the damage suffered a lot, so I couldn't recover as much anymore. At least after the 3rd time I won't have to face her ever again.

You could always just Augment some Immolating Fangs together to increase your critical rate to 60, 90, or even 100%.

At least after the 3rd time I won't have to face her ever again.

Just make sure you get enough Orichalcum drops from the other bosses! If you miss out on too many, you -will- have to fight her a 4th time, I came extremely close to having to do the same thing (I got just enough possible on the last floor).

You could always just Augment some Immolating Fangs together to increase your critical rate to 60, 90, or even 100%.

Just make sure you get enough Orichalcum drops from the other bosses! If you miss out on too many, you -will- have to fight her a 4th time, I came extremely close to having to do the same thing (I got just enough possible on the last floor).

I hadn't thought of that... but I'd only do it after having the necessary amount of Moonstones to make all the items that require Moonstones first, and I only have 2 more items to make I think, so I might be able to grab an extra 1 or 2 and make some more Immolating Fangs and increase it further. And I know, I didn't pay too much attention the first time through, but since this second one, I have reloaded on fights where I could get one until I did. I believe I need 11 more Orichalcums, and if I don't get all of them on this third run, starting a 4th run won't be the end of the world since I feel I'll be able to get them in the beginning.

Before going through the dungeon once more and finishing her off for the last time, though, I'm gonna try and get to 99% BTs so I can use that autogrind method for the 1 million hits and get that trophy out of the way, then beat her and never step foot in that place again.

Edited by TheFinalEmblem

I believe I need 11 more Orichalcums, and if I don't get all of them on this third run, starting a 4th run won't be the end of the world since I feel I'll be able to get them in the beginning.

Looking through the item list, I think you need 32 total? But I think I needed 1 or 2 to get some missing items via Synthesis too, so you may want to get a few extras to be safe. Also, if you have any extra Orichalcums after you're done with them, you can use them in Synthesis to make Moonstones if need be.

Edited by Masamune

Looking through the item list, I think you need 32 total? But I think I needed 1 or 2 to get some missing items via Synthesis too, so you may want to get a few extras to be safe. Also, if you have any extra Orichalcums after you're done with them, you can use them in Synthesis to make Moonstones if need be.

Yeah, I counted 32 total needed, and I've already created most of those items and counted that down from the total, but yeah,I'm gonna grab extras just in case.

Found a nice little way to do the 100 status ailments BTs, specifically the ones you can make bombs for, Posion, Stun, Freeze, and Smoke. First, save over your current file, then create as many Deluxe version of whatever status bomb you need, then get into a fight with a lot of enemies, I use the 5 Adephaga and Polyphaga in that small circular area in Dakaav Foortpath. Let them group up, then use the bomb, then run or defeat them and use the Ocarina to bring them back. Repeat this until you're out of bombs, then go back to the save point and make a new save. Reload your original save now, make the bombs again, fight the enemies, then save on the new file you just made again, and repeat. This allows you to continuously make bombs and never run out and also save the progress for the BTs.

Final status:

Trophies: 41/41 - Battle Trophies: 100% - Items: 100% - Monsters: 100% - Quests: 100% - Active time played: 90:40 

(66 hours Galaxy, 15 hours Chaos, 9 hours Universe, plus about 20 hours idling)

And with that, this quest is over for me. Conclusion is, it is possible to complete this in well under a week. I'm finishing up my adventure log of this game now, then I shall depart for a new journey across the dimensions.

Awesome, congrats :yay:. You're also the first participant to plat the game :yay:.

Chaos mode is done (took a little over 17 hours), I got a cool screenshot of it too. I always find it funny when the basic enemies give me more trouble than the final boss in games (namely those damn Avengers found in that Golden Age area).

Next up is the easier Universe!  super-sayan-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292

• Like 2

Chaos mode is done (took a little over 17 hours), I got a cool screenshot of it too. I always find it funny when the basic enemies give me more trouble than the final boss in games (namely those damn Avengers found in that Golden Age area).

Nice job dude. Also, I understand about those Avengers, even in Galaxy those things were a big pain. Ah, so you decided to jump right into the hardest difficulty and get that done, then move down to Universe... or did you think they would stack, give what you said in that trophy post? Anyway, good luck man, you're almost done!

Nice job dude. Also, I understand about those Avengers, even in Galaxy those things were a big pain. Ah, so you decided to jump right into the hardest difficulty and get that done, then move down to Universe... or did you think they would stack, give what you said in that trophy post? Anyway, good luck man, you're almost done!

Yeah, I was hoping they'd stack, but after looking at their trophy rarity, I knew they wouldn't (the Universe trophy is actually more rare than Chaos.) xD

Yeah, I was hoping they'd stack, but after looking at their trophy rarity, I knew they wouldn't (the Universe trophy is actually more rare than Chaos.) xD

lol, yeah, I was hoping too so you'd only ave to do 2 playthroughs, but oh well. But hey, at least you're done with the hardest mode, Universe will probably be a cakewalk compared to it now.

Nice, congrats :yay:.

getting closer to dragon's crowns 90% range, after that I can start my adventure.

Holy hell GreenZ is fucking ridiculous, are video games even a challenge to him xD wait cloudberry is the only I can think off :hmm:

all of you guys are going at a good pace, keep at it comrades :highfive:

There's also Crypt of the NecoDancer. No one has been able to plat it and I hear only 2 or so people have completed it on Steam.

• Like 1

I decided to do my last playthrough in Japanese, I'm so glad to see that changed those Harpy's annoying ass voice, I would've did that on my second if I knew. xD I'm hoping Der-Suul's voice is better too, that English one is just not a good fit for him.