Summon Night 6 coming West for PS4 + Vita Q1 2017

SN6_English_Logo_600x263.png
Tactical RPG Summon Night 6 is Coming for PlayStation 4 and PSVita!

Last December, GAIJINWORKS introduced English-speaking audiences to the epic Summon Night series of strategy/role-playing games with Summon Night 5 for the PSP™. Today we are announcing that we've been neck-deep in localization work for an English-language version of Bandai Namco’s Summon Night 6: Lost Borders for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita since the beginning of the year. The latest and greatest chapter in the mainline Summon Night saga takes everything that players loved about Summon Night 5 and makes it even bigger and better.

We said that fan support of games like Summon Night 5 would lead to more opportunities for GAIJINWORKS to deliver bigger and better games, and Summon Night 6 is a perfect example: It’s happening because we proved that an audience was there, even on a nearly forgotten platform like the PSP. Now, with the next game appearing on the most popular console in the world at the peak of its popularity, we can finally give this awesome series the global exposure that it deserves, and players are in for a real treat!

Summon Night 6: Lost Borders is planned for release on the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®Vita in the first quarter of 2017. Digital (PSN) versions of the game will be downloadable in North America, South America and Europe, with physical retail copies planned for North America. Details will be announced after E3 about a limited-edition deluxe physical version that will only be available for direct presale from our website here.

Full Article: http://www.gaijinworks.com/

1d66dee3e9dbe82febe85d86bad141af.png        d66d1fd3eeecefe7a771c4a5611cfd29.png

Looking forward to playing this :)

Japanese Trailer

Edited by Obscure_Ale

So in the end we didn't get Asian version because of proper localization. 

Not bad.

Even though I can see Vita as digital-only.

Says in the article - Same old story physical US only.

" Digital (PSN) versions of the game will be downloadable in North America, South America and Europe, with physical retail copies planned for North America. Details will be announced after E3 about a limited-edition deluxe physical version that will only be available for direct presale from our website here."

Same old story physical US only.

Edited by Obscure_Ale

Is it just me or does this posting just assume everyone knows what Summon Night and why there is 6 of them?

Here, everybody who's lame like me and has no idea what this is about:

"Summon Night (サモンナイト Samon Naito?) is a series of role-playing video games, mixed with elements of a visual novel based dating sim."

• Like 1

Is it just me or does this posting just assume everyone knows what Summon Night and why there is 6 of them?

Someone does not? :awesome:

I would presume it's because this is even niche among niches so... pretty much only those who know about it will get it =D

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

"Summon Night (サモンナイト Samon Naito?) is a series of role-playing video games, mixed with elements of a visual novel based dating sim."

No, you're not the only one. I was missing something like this in the OP.

Someone does not? :awesome:

I would presume it's because this is even niche among niches so... pretty much only those who know about it will get it =D

Well that's not going to bring more potential new Vita brothers and sisters in when they finally release physical games in NA!

It's a Tactical RPG at it's core. Updated OP title and put the Japanese trailer there so others can get more what the game is. :)

Edited by Obscure_Ale

• 1 month later...

I already put money down for the LE out of support for a group trying to bring a game out of Japan, but with the lack of Japanese dub and also the fact I heard their previous translation was a mess, not sure if I made the right call.

No refunds on the LE either. I'd say anybody who pre orders a game/limited edition with no refunds is treading dangerous waters.

On the CE front, assuming you just want the collectible stuff, it isn't that bad.

From what I can tell, the JP version seems semi-rare, with no jp versions on amazon.co,jp (I found HK versions), and yahoo auctions going for 7400yen used and 9500yen for new copies. The jp one does not have the added bonus of having the coasters, poster, and plushie, whose value you can evaluate yourself (They lose out on the dust sleeve, so a little depressed by that. Still a full size artbook. I can't complain too much.). Also, the JP one strangely (or maybe not so strange) had a CE only for the Vita version only, so if you wanted a PS$ CE, you seem to have to get this international version.