Financial Year Backlog Challenge Thing

I guess the main story could be completed in an hour or two if you don't get distracted.

Since I'm lucky to get an hour or two completely uninterrupted, that's good to know. Also updated.

Since I got the AC Heritage Collection for 20€, which contains the first 5 games, so everything up to and including AC3, I can't really understand anyone paying that much for a single one of them. I mean sure it's on PS4 and all that stuff but the AC games still look pretty damn magnificent on the PS3 and the Heritage Collection is one of those nice disk titles, so that's no issue either. It's actually so much content that I burnt out somewhere in Brotherhood and still need to finish that. :P That's a lot of content for 20€.

What website do you use for that? All the survey sites I know of don't really reward you more than like 1€ or 2€ per hour, which isn't really worth it. I'd really like to know of a place that actually has an acceptable money reward.

Also, regarding your question about that kind of money, if you want to do it like BillyHorrible, I guess the game should still count as a pick-up or as spent DLC money but if you have a stat of you overall money spent, you wouldn't have to note that there since you basically didn't lose any money by buying the game. I guess it would be similar to situations where someone gifts you a PSN card or something like that. 

That's a pretty sweet deal to be honest, I see your point. We'd never get a bundle that good on price here, 100 at least as usual.

MyOpinions.com.au (there's one without the AU as well, but this let's me get Aussie currency and deals) ... basically you can cash out in 10, 30, and 50 dollar amounts. To get to ten bucks, you need 1000 points, 30 is 3000, and 50 is 5000. You get points from doing surveys (duh) and those points vary greatly. Sometimes you'll get a quick survey worth like 50 points, other times you'll get a bigger one that might be worth something like 700 that will take a bit longer to do. There's also loyalty bonuses where if you get X amount over X amount of time you get a bonus back on how much you've earned. Every week I get I think 10% of whatever I've earned that week thrown into my account as a bonus for the shit of it. So I pulled about 3000 points yesterday (I found Duke finally up for preorder the night before and throughout the day I spent 30/40 odd minutes here and there cracking at it) and come Sunday I'll have 300 bonus points just because I use the site a lot. There's a lot of survey sites out there and I've only tried a couple, but they all sucked except this one. I love it, and have been on it for years. I think I started back in early 2014 when I found you could get vouchers for Kogan (an electronics store here) and I was looking to buy my then new phone, saved 40 odd bucks for an hour's work, could have kept going too but I wanted the phone quickly.

I'm counting it as a pick up, I always would have, just was wondering if anyone had any opinions on it.

Reasonably fun, but I can't quite seem to get into this series, especially the first HD game. Loved Sly 1/2/4 and the first Jak, though...

Sly > Crash > Ratchet. Ratchet 3 is still the best one in my opinion, but all we really did was local MP in the day. Didn't really love FFA either :/ actually have the remake sitting in my stack from forever ago too, really need to try it.

Sly > Crash > Ratchet. Ratchet 3 is still the best one in my opinion, but all we really did was local MP in the day. Didn't really love FFA either :/ actually have the remake sitting in my stack from forever ago too, really need to try it.

Never played a Crash game, though I've heard good things about the racing one. PS2 was my first console and it was pretty much only used for Dance Dance Revolution and RPGs.

Yeah, FFA just seems a bit... bland or something. In fairness, I've only played it, Deadlocked, and a little All 4 One / 1 HD (quit before any trophies popped). Pretty sure that means I've basically played spinoffs.

Certainly worth a go while you're limiting what you can buy. There was a flood of positive posts on various forums around when it came out; usually a good sign.  :)

Edited by SyIaris

Never played a Crash game, though I've heard good things about the racing one. PS2 was my first console and it was pretty much only used for Dance Dance Revolution and RPGs.

Yeah, FFA just seems a bit... bland or something. In fairness, I've only played it, Deadlocked, and a little All 4 One / 1 HD (quit before any trophies popped). Pretty sure that means I've basically played spinoffs.

I've been replaying Crash 1 on my phone lately, and a little bit of Crash 2 with the missus (it's her favorite) and she's the reason Crash isn't in my pick ups any more, she's more keen on the bloody PS4 remake than I am, I would have waited for a price drop but she's full on day one-ing it, she loves them.

Anyway, with that part about 1 and 2 in mind, here's my run down

Crash 1 - great platformer, wait for the PS4 version though.

Crash 2 - while Crash 1 had (arguably) better levels, this one otherwise improves on everything and the mechanics are much better. 

Crash 3 - best of the 3 in my opinion, adds more vehicle segments and mechanics and everything great about the first 2 is back but tighter and faster.

Crash Team Racing - pretty sweet Mario Kart clone, especially for the day. It's all racing though, so I'd say just grab TTR (more on that later)

EVERY PS2 ERA ONE UP TO TAG TEAM (even though they're not shit, most people ignore them and I've barely touched them so commenting would be irresponsible)

Tag Team Racing - pretty sweet (if silly) MK clone, but with a full game's worth of on foot stuff as well, unlike CTR. This is the one to grab. 

Crash of the Titans - average action platformer thing, don't bother unless you're really curious

Mind over Mutant - sequel to Titans, worse in nearly every way, just avoid it man.

In short, play the original 3, and pick one of the 2 Team Racing games, or Nitro Kart if you really want. Which really means buy the PS4 trilogy and play Mario Kart or something.

• Like 1

I have started on Amnesia: Memories but I can't really say much about it yet, I want to know where this weird story is headed first. Would have been nice if I had been informed I was playing a girl before I was asked to type a name, the poor thing is now called Billy-san...

Well of course you'll be playing as a girl, it's an otome game. Well then, just imagine that her parents really, really wanted a boy.  :lol:  

EVERY PS2 ERA ONE UP TO TAG TEAM (even though they're not shit, most people ignore them and I've barely touched them so commenting would be irresponsible)

Play Twinsanity, it's my favorite of the modern Crash games. Cortex steals every scene he is in, and the acapella soundtrack is... unique, to say the least.

I'm getting delightfully close to Edge's 30k kills, so (unless another power outage will hit me again), I will get 100% BTs pretty soon. So I've decided it's tme to prepare for my 2000th trophy and nudge my trophy counter a bit closer to the 1996 - went back to MouseCraft and finally completed it.

So, update:

Move to the Games Crossed From Backlog:

MouseCraft (PSV)

Oh, and Move to the Current Progress:

Tales of Destiny(PS1)

Octodad: I think it's awesome, it's a love it or hate it situation though.

I'm attending the university where Octodad was created, so I guess I have some bias towards it, haha. :P

Yeah, but 20 bucks for each game re-released and slightly updated (with all DLC and shit too I hope and assume) isn't all that bad, I'd be down for that if I loved the games...it's certainly better than the 23 bucks they're asking for the majority of the PS2 games ported over to PS4 and they don't even have any extra DLC or *actual* visual upgrades, and in some cases even feature removed content. Plus the Ezio thingy is on disc, so you can hold it in your hands and shit. I'm not defending re-releases or anything here, just slamming the god awful setup they have with the PS2 games on PS4 here.

See, the thing that bothers me the most is that it is "enhanced" graphics part, I guess. Like, Ubisoft, I would assume, isn't short on resources or money, so why are they only going half effort and essentially gathering their games onto a CD? Uncharted was actually remastered, plus some new content (photo mode, difficulty, cheats/tweaks) for 60 bucks. I'll buy it regardless, but I suppose it was just a chance for Ubisoft to show some class beyond their last couple of showings, i.e.; the first Watch_Dogs and The Division, etc.

Alright, so I have my first cave-in. Womp womp womp. Throw in Overwatch - $30.

• Like 1

Well of course you'll be playing as a girl, it's an otome game. Well then, just imagine that her parents really, really wanted a boy.  :lol:  

I don't know what "otome" means or stands for. Amnesia is my first experience with a visual novel that is not one of the the Steam freebies that are over in five clicks.

Haven't played anything in the last few days, but I do now know that I could pre-order Watch_Dogs 2 for the same deal (€17 plus two games worth at least €20 in re-sale) as Rise Of The Tomb Raider. This always tempts me to pre-order games that don't have an awesome collector's edition or games that I'm on the fence about, it costs less and I'm getting rid of games I played through with less fuss than looking for a trade is.

Mafia III is part of that same pre-order deal though, but I'll probably just get that one a year or two from now since I have enough to play anyway. There's more games in that sale but nothing for me.

For Dutch gamers: this sale is at GameMania and they do this often, mostly during fall-winter and with semi-high to high profile titles (Alien Isolation, Shadow Of Mordor, GTA V, Fifa 17, Dishonored 2, Final Fantasy XV...)

Play Twinsanity, it's my favorite of the modern Crash games. Cortex steals every scene he is in, and the acapella soundtrack is... unique, to say the least.

Move to the Games Crossed From Backlog:

MouseCraft (PSV)

Oh, and Move to the Current Progress:

Tales of Destiny(PS1)

Really? I'll have to give it a go, if it's on Gamecube I'll give it a download for the Wii U. Also updated.

See, the thing that bothers me the most is that it is "enhanced" graphics part, I guess. Like, Ubisoft, I would assume, isn't short on resources or money, so why are they only going half effort and essentially gathering their games onto a CD? Uncharted was actually remastered, plus some new content (photo mode, difficulty, cheats/tweaks) for 60 bucks. I'll buy it regardless, but I suppose it was just a chance for Ubisoft to show some class beyond their last couple of showings, i.e.; the first Watch_Dogs and The Division, etc.

Alright, so I have my first cave-in. Womp womp womp. Throw in Overwatch - $30.

If everyone did everything they could / should, the market would be much different, and I wouldn't be ordering the latest Call of Duty to get an old Call of Duty before cancelling my order because screw that shit. Anyway, Overwatch is thrown in.

Haven't played anything in the last few days, but I do now know that I could pre-order Watch_Dogs 2 for the same deal (€17 plus two games worth at least €20 in re-sale) as Rise Of The Tomb Raider. This always tempts me to pre-order games that don't have an awesome collector's edition or games that I'm on the fence about, it costs less and I'm getting rid of games I played through with less fuss than looking for a trade is.

I really need to finish Tomb Raider so I can at least either recommend or steer people away from it. Also ACC China was dope, if short.

MyOpinions.com.au 

Yeah, that site doesn't really work that well outside of Australia and taking off the .au takes you to a completely different site with completely different terms, so that won't really work for me.

On a more positive note, I've finished South Part: The Stick of Truth today. :) 

That game was also the first RPG I've ever seen that does not require hours of grinding for the platinum. It does have quite a few missable trophies, though.

I have no idea what's wrong with this post...

SYIARIS

Games Played:

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth [PC]

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood [PS3]

Dragonvale [Android]

Games Beaten:

*The Sims 3: Pets [PS3] - 0% 98%

*Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves [PS3] - 79% 98%

Bathory: The Bloody Countess [Android] - 0% ➝ 91% (glitched)

*Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault [PS3] - 35% ➝ 57% ➝ 98%

Pick-ups:

1. Pokemon Sun or Moon [3DS]

DLC ($20):

-

Free stuff/PS+:

Great Secrets: Da Vinci [PC]

Normality [PC]

Shadow Warrior Classic [PC]

Forgotten Books: The Enchanted Crown + Myths of the World: Spirit Wolf + Bathory: The Bloody Countess + Revenge of the Spirit: Rite of Resurrection [Android]
Pure Pool [PC]
Goocubelets 2 [PC]

Lexica [PC]

The Crew [PC]

Got a few "multiplayer" trophies in Brotherhood that could be done in the tutorial. Won't be getting the plat for this, but I'm enjoying it so far. Hopping around a little, trying to get some of the incomplete games on my profile done (generally dropped due to disinterest/getting stuck) and using it as a pleasant in-between when I get fed up with them.

Cleared up all but one easy trophy in Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault, leaving it for Platinum Rain. Would've been nice if the Ironmadman trophy hadn't involved so much guesswork, but hey, it's done. Oddly, I had more trouble getting the top rank than I did beating dev times. As with Deadlocked, the game's much more fun as you max out your weapons and just murder everything.

I've been replaying Crash 1 on my phone lately, and a little bit of Crash 2 with the missus (it's her favorite) and she's the reason Crash isn't in my pick ups any more, she's more keen on the bloody PS4 remake than I am, I would have waited for a price drop but she's full on day one-ing it, she loves them.

Anyway, with that part about 1 and 2 in mind, here's my run down

Crash 1 - great platformer, wait for the PS4 version though.

Crash 2 - while Crash 1 had (arguably) better levels, this one otherwise improves on everything and the mechanics are much better. 

Crash 3 - best of the 3 in my opinion, adds more vehicle segments and mechanics and everything great about the first 2 is back but tighter and faster.

Crash Team Racing - pretty sweet Mario Kart clone, especially for the day. It's all racing though, so I'd say just grab TTR (more on that later)

Tag Team Racing - pretty sweet (if silly) MK clone, but with a full game's worth of on foot stuff as well, unlike CTR. This is the one to grab. 

Crash of the Titans - average action platformer thing, don't bother unless you're really curious

Mind over Mutant - sequel to Titans, worse in nearly every way, just avoid it man.

In short, play the original 3, and pick one of the 2 Team Racing games, or Nitro Kart if you really want. Which really means buy the PS4 trilogy and play Mario Kart or something.

Looks like the non-PS2 ones are in the digital store... very nice, I'll have to keep an eye out for a sale. Thank you very much for the detailed write-up.  :)

Edited by SyIaris

Right so i think it is time for an update from me as it has been a long long time!! I won't add in all the Plat Rain Day games I did as they were only 1 trophy each. So I have completed campaign on veteran on COD: Ghosts which I have to say I enjoyed. Since then I have just been working on stuff for the next Plat Rain Day so God of War and Oddworld: Strangers Wrath HD, both of which I have hardly touched. I have however finished Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando, that is ready to go. Started Up Your Arsenal tonight so all good.

Get the feeling that one of my allowed purchases will be Mafia 3, my first full price game purchase in like 5 years!! Hopefully it lives up to it!!

Games played

Infamous: Second Son - Platted

Hunted: The Demons Forge

The Last of Us

Assassins Creed Syndicate

Mafia 2 - now 100%

Call of Duty: Ghosts

God of War

Oddworld: Strangers Wrath HD

Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando - complete

Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal

Cave-ins

DLC

GTA IV, The Lost and The Damned (already owned)

I have no idea what's wrong with this post...

Looks like the non-PS2 ones are in the digital store... very nice, I'll have to keep an eye out for a sale. Thank you very much for the detailed write-up.  :)

Neither do I, everything looks fine in the main post for me, is there something I'm missing or?

Oh right. The first 3, and CTR, were published by Sony in the day, so they have the publishing rights still as far as I know, which is why those ones are on the store, Crash Bash may also be included in this (but not on the store anyway so who cares), but that game isn't really worthwhile either. The first 3 are often on sale for 2.50 or so here, not too sure about CTR though, I got them all from PS+ many moons ago anyways, I already had Crash 3 digitally though.

Yeah, that site doesn't really work that well outside of Australia and taking off the .au takes you to a completely different site with completely different terms, so that won't really work for me.

On a more positive note, I've finished South Part: The Stick of Truth today. :)

That game was also the first RPG I've ever seen that does not require hours of grinding for the platinum. It does have quite a few missable trophies, though.

Bugger. I mean, you could always just use the Aussie one and get Aussie vouchers to use on the Aussie store. Wanna hear me say Aussie again? Might work out to a bit more if you were actually paying for the games, but since it's not costing you anything the price you could have got them for in your region isn't relevant.

Nice. I enjoyed that game, but never got around to finishing it. Did you watch the season premiere the other day? That game goes great with member berries.

Right so i think it is time for an update from me as it has been a long long time!! I won't add in all the Plat Rain Day games I did as they were only 1 trophy each. So I have completed campaign on veteran on COD: Ghosts which I have to say I enjoyed. Since then I have just been working on stuff for the next Plat Rain Day so God of War and Oddworld: Strangers Wrath HD, both of which I have hardly touched. I have however finished Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando, that is ready to go. Started Up Your Arsenal tonight so all good.

Get the feeling that one of my allowed purchases will be Mafia 3, my first full price game purchase in like 5 years!! Hopefully it lives up to it!!

Games played

Infamous: Second Son - Platted

Hunted: The Demons Forge

The Last of Us

Assassins Creed Syndicate

Mafia 2 - now 100%

Call of Duty: Ghosts

God of War

Oddworld: Strangers Wrath HD

Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando - complete

Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal

Cave-ins

DLC

GTA IV, The Lost and The Damned (already owned)

Glad to hear you liked Ghosts. I enjoyed the story, wasn't the best CoD but far from the worst, MP was the exact same shit as usual so no idea why that got so much hate either. Do you have the plat in it? All I've had left on it for the longest time is a couple of Extinction mode trophies, hit me up if you wanna try to grind them out with me sometime, since that mode does coop. I'll also have the missus on hand, she loves them Call of Dooties, so that's 3 people right there.

I really need to finish Tomb Raider so I can at least either recommend or steer people away from it. Also ACC China was dope, if short.

Every serious opinion on Rise that I've heard was that it's better than the previous game and "more Tomb Raider-y" where the previous game was more of a Far Cry / Uncharted blend. Since I liked the last game but felt it was not enough Tomb Raider-y, I knew I'll want to play Rise when it gets to PS4. I'm getting Rise anyway, I'll want to form my own opinion on this one since the Tomb Raider games are a guilty pleasure of mine. I'm more in doubt about WD2, but Ubi seems to have learned from their mistakes with WD1 (just like heavily improving on AC1 with AC2) and I've actually been to San Francisco so I feel more for the setting now.

If you liked AC China then you'll like India and Russia as well, just wait for a sale so you don't feel like you've paid too much.

Speaking of AC... I think I'll just keep Rise Of The Tomb Raider around after playing through it and I'll see if I can get anyone to trade the Ezio Trilogy for it once it's been out for a few weeks.

Edit: Since I can now 100% the Ezio games on PS4 without the multiplayer, I really want to do the multiplayer of III and Black Flag so I can 100% every single main AC game. So AC should be keeping me busy for some months it seems.

Edited by BillyHorrible

Every serious opinion on Rise that I've heard was that it's better than the previous game and "more Tomb Raider-y" where the previous game was more of a Far Cry / Uncharted blend. Since I liked the last game but felt it was not enough Tomb Raider-y, I knew I'll want to play Rise when it gets to PS4. I'm getting Rise anyway, I'll want to form my own opinion on this one since the Tomb Raider games are a guilty pleasure of mine. I'm more in doubt about WD2, but Ubi seems to have learned from their mistakes with WD1 (just like heavily improving on AC1 with AC2) and I've actually been to San Francisco so I feel more for the setting now.

If you liked AC China then you'll like India and Russia as well, just wait for a sale so you don't feel like you've paid too much.

Speaking of AC... I think I'll just keep Rise Of The Tomb Raider around after playing through it and I'll see if I can get anyone to trade the Ezio Trilogy for it once it's been out for a few weeks.

Edit: Since I can now 100% the Ezio games on PS4 without the multiplayer, I really want to do the multiplayer of III and Black Flag so I can 100% every single main AC game. So AC should be keeping me busy for some months it seems.

TR 2013 was pretty good and all, but without the name it was a female Uncharted, which is funny since Uncharted once was called Dude Raider by people for being the same thing. I hope Rise is more old school Tomb Raider, I'm only half an hour or so in at this point and really want to get back in but never get around to it.

I'll probably pick them up on disc when this challenge thingy is over. They're 28 now at EB new, think they were 23 once before, I'd grab them for 20 or less in a heartbeat when I'm not actively trying not to spend money.

I've been thinking more and more about trading games lately, and all I have is regret. Sure, there's a lot of things I'd have never touched again, but there's also a lot of things I've since downloaded and play on emulators because I don't have the discs anymore. I don't think I'll be trading in anything again to be honest. Unless I completely ditch the console or something, but nowadays with the amount of digital games tied to accounts and shit, it would be stupid to do that since I can't even then ditch the games after losing the ability to play them.

By the time you have them all platinum'd, I hope to have just finished the main story of AC1 on 360.

Glad to hear you liked Ghosts. I enjoyed the story, wasn't the best CoD but far from the worst, MP was the exact same shit as usual so no idea why that got so much hate either. Do you have the plat in it? All I've had left on it for the longest time is a couple of Extinction mode trophies, hit me up if you wanna try to grind them out with me sometime, since that mode does coop. I'll also have the missus on hand, she loves them Call of Dooties, so that's 3 people right there.

I don't have the plat yet, i literally just finished campaign straight off on veteran. I am game, just give me a shout when you want to do them. I don't know how those modes work though.

Bugger. I mean, you could always just use the Aussie one and get Aussie vouchers to use on the Aussie store. Wanna hear me say Aussie again? Might work out to a bit more if you were actually paying for the games, but since it's not costing you anything the price you could have got them for in your region isn't relevant.

Nice. I enjoyed that game, but never got around to finishing it. Did you watch the season premiere the other day? That game goes great with member berries.

I guess that would be an option. At least depending on how the survey services handle foreign IPs since it's usually the case that 90% of the surveys and stuff are not available unless it's a global site or you're from the same country as the site. That said, I didn't try it yet and who knows, it might work out in the end. 

Yeah, I did watch that and, since I didn't really keep up with South Park, I was surprised to find that there's now a storyline to the show. That game does indeed go well with member berries, though. :D

The last CoD I've played before Ghosts was the first Black Ops and that was when I was quite a bit younger and the game just came out. I remember being really disappointed with the game since I was really hyped up as a kid to finally be able to play a CoD game and it turns out the only mode I really liked was the zombie mode, which got censored in Germany so when the first DLC came out there was almost nobody to play with since all that was played was new DLC stuff and you could only play with other Germany people so the overall pool of players was really low and it became boring after a while.

When I got my PS3 with a bunch of games, I basically had 2 CoD games for free so I went ahead and tried them out. CoD:MW2 was the first one I tried and that was pretty annoying. First of all, it was the German censored version again and you couldn't set it to English, so once again I had a game in a language that I don't like and bound to the same small pool of people. Turns out most of those people are German 8 year old kids who love to scream in their microphone, or at least that's the conclusion I came to after trying out a round of the MP...

So on to the next game: CoD Ghosts. I thought that this couldn't be better in any way, I mean it's even got shit reviews and everyone was complaining about it when it came out but at least I was able to play that in English. I tried out the multiplayer and I actually had fun for once, the were to terrifying children that would scream your ears out with their prepubescent voices and the gameplay was fun. It also wasn't filled to the brim with spawncampers like CoD:BO. Then I played the campaign and that was also fun. I finished it on Veteran and got a few trophies along the way. I didn't try out extinction mode (is that the new zombie mode?) and basically and went on to some other games I didn't play at that time to see how they are, and that's basically it for my CoD history.

Anyways, depending on when you are gonna do this, I'd be happy to join you. It would take a few weeks, though as I'm finally gonna be able to buy Legion in a week and I'm pretty sure I'm going to go total no-life mode on that for a few weeks. :P So if that co-op session is still gonna be a thing in a few weeks to a month from now I'd be happy to join you on that, especially since the other Ghosts trophies don't look that bad either.

Also, @freddie, congrats on your R&C2 plat. :D That thing has been sitting in my trophies list with 2 trophies left just because the space ship controls are way too sensitive on the vita and it's really frustrating to get the last few titanium (platinum? can't remember which ones there were in that game :P) bolts, so I just didn't bother after like 4 hours of tries to get the first one. R&C3 is way easier, I finished that in about 2 playthroughs with little to no focus on actually getting the trophies. :)

The last CoD I've played before Ghosts was the first Black Ops and that was when I was quite a bit younger and the game just came out. I remember being really disappointed with the game since I was really hyped up as a kid to finally be able to play a CoD game and it turns out the only mode I really liked was the zombie mode, which got censored in Germany so when the first DLC came out there was almost nobody to play with since all that was played was new DLC stuff and you could only play with other Germany people so the overall pool of players was really low and it became boring after a while.

When I got my PS3 with a bunch of games, I basically had 2 CoD games for free so I went ahead and tried them out. CoD:MW2 was the first one I tried and that was pretty annoying. First of all, it was the German censored version again and you couldn't set it to English, so once again I had a game in a language that I don't like and bound to the same small pool of people. Turns out most of those people are German 8 year old kids who love to scream in their microphone, or at least that's the conclusion I came to after trying out a round of the MP...

So on to the next game: CoD Ghosts. I thought that this couldn't be better in any way, I mean it's even got shit reviews and everyone was complaining about it when it came out but at least I was able to play that in English. I tried out the multiplayer and I actually had fun for once, the were to terrifying children that would scream your ears out with their prepubescent voices and the gameplay was fun. It also wasn't filled to the brim with spawncampers like CoD:BO. Then I played the campaign and that was also fun. I finished it on Veteran and got a few trophies along the way. I didn't try out extinction mode (is that the new zombie mode?) and basically and went on to some other games I didn't play at that time to see how they are, and that's basically it for my CoD history.

Anyways, depending on when you are gonna do this, I'd be happy to join you. It would take a few weeks, though as I'm finally gonna be able to buy Legion in a week and I'm pretty sure I'm going to go total no-life mode on that for a few weeks. :P So if that co-op session is still gonna be a thing in a few weeks to a month from now I'd be happy to join you on that, especially since the other Ghosts trophies don't look that bad either.

Also, @freddie, congrats on your R&C2 plat. :D That thing has been sitting in my trophies list with 2 trophies left just because the space ship controls are way too sensitive on the vita and it's really frustrating to get the last few titanium (platinum? can't remember which ones there were in that game :P) bolts, so I just didn't bother after like 4 hours of tries to get the first one. R&C3 is way easier, I finished that in about 2 playthroughs with little to no focus on actually getting the trophies. :)

I loved MW2, so far that is my only COD plat and a great game. I would say my personal favourite of the series. You are more than welcome to join us pal!!

Thanks on the plat, I presume you are referring to the races against Ace? They are frustrating as hell!! I actually got irate and turned the console off on the first one then realised I wanted the plat so I put it back on and did it in about 20 minutes. My only advice would be to hit your turbo early and get in front as he seems to give up then so you can concentrate on the rings.

TR 2013 was pretty good and all, but without the name it was a female Uncharted, which is funny since Uncharted once was called Dude Raider by people for being the same thing. I hope Rise is more old school Tomb Raider, I'm only half an hour or so in at this point and really want to get back in but never get around to it.

I'll probably pick them up on disc when this challenge thingy is over. They're 28 now at EB new, think they were 23 once before, I'd grab them for 20 or less in a heartbeat when I'm not actively trying not to spend money.

I've been thinking more and more about trading games lately, and all I have is regret. Sure, there's a lot of things I'd have never touched again, but there's also a lot of things I've since downloaded and play on emulators because I don't have the discs anymore. I don't think I'll be trading in anything again to be honest. Unless I completely ditch the console or something, but nowadays with the amount of digital games tied to accounts and shit, it would be stupid to do that since I can't even then ditch the games after losing the ability to play them.

By the time you have them all platinum'd, I hope to have just finished the main story of AC1 on 360.

For a game that was supposed to be Tomb Raider, I was surprised at how different Uncharted was. It's much more of an Indiana Jones story than a Tomb Raider one. I thought the first three Uncharted games were bland gameplay saved by great stories but I really liked the fourth game.

As for trading, there's so many games I still want to play that I really don't have that much time for replaying old games. I really liked Uncharted 4 but I don't see myself playing it again within the next two years. Also, I trade games when they are still worth a lot, the ones which I want for my collection (AC Syndicate and Just Cause 3 for instance) I will just get again once they don't cost as much. Otherwise I just have a €50 game lying around which I'll get to playing again by the time it's a €15 game.

I used to have a large collection of games, very little of which I actually played. These days I keep my backlog intentionally small - play something, get rid of it, play something else. It's really hard to feel sad about the games I traded on when I see how little I have paid this year on games while having played so much within a few months after their release dates.

I'm keeping the Assassin's Creed games for sure and I eventually want to get back to some big sandbox games like Just Cause 3 to do more stuff but other than that I have no sympathy for current gen discs, I don't need to keep most around.

Personally, I wouldn't plan on buying old gen games if the updated versions have already been announced for the current gen, but going for old gen versions of Ezio is certainly the cheapest choice.

I don't know how soon you plan on doing AC1 but I don't think my full completion will be any sooner than at least half a year from now. Possibly more since I still have much more other games to play through.

TR 2013 and Rise of the Tomb Raider

7c2024f5b8c18c2f48daa603d013e1ef.jpg

Some good news - i completed Lara Croft & the Temple of Osiris just recently :)

The best Tomb Raider game i know :P :P

Completed the story and had to replay every tomb to get all challenges... Going through some tombs were time consuming (getting gold medail for points was the biggest problem) but i am super happy to have this done...

I hope we get another game earlier than with the PS5 :D

-------------------

Just a side note i've obtained a few trophies in several games last week because i jumped between Lara Croft, Rage, Read Dead Redemption and Lost Planet 2 back and forth.... played furtermore Project Cars and GTA Vice City without any new trophies :( ...

And sadly i noticed that Broken Age remains hidden for psnp... this is the 2nd game i have this bug :(

Update Note

(only new stuff here)

Currently Playing

Kingdom's of Amalur: Reckoning - 8/62 (8%)

Project Cars - 9/45 (15%)

Red Dead Redemption - 19/91 (19%)

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City - 7/34 (13%)

Games completed so far

Lara Croft & the Temple of Osiris - 12/12

Thanks to the DLC sale in the EU stores I've finally got the long coveted Epilogue, so that calls for the new section in my update (just stick it at the very end, I doubt I'll buy any other DLC any time soon). I've converted the price to the Australian Dollar... was that right?

DLC

Prince of Persia: Epilogue - 4$

DLC Allowance left - 16$

Edited by NetEntity

Would you look at that, it's update time! I've got some things to talk about this time around, so let's get into it:

• First off, I got another platinum, this time in Grim Fandango. I certainly enjoyed my time with it, and I get why so many people liked it, but there was just... something missing that didn't make it a classic for me. Maybe I'm just too young to fully enjoy the point-and-click genre and what this game meant to it, at least I was able to enjoy it somewhat. Also, this marks only the second time I've ever reached the 9 platinums mark in a single year, with the last time being in 2012 when I got the 9th platinum on New Years Eve.
  • Gave the Story Mode in AC III another go, made it up to the fourth Sequence. It's certainly nice to be playing an AC game for the first time in years, but I've become so uninvested in the story that i'm forcing myself to try and connect with everything that's going on. Hell, when I started this game a couple months ago I didn't know Desmond's dad was even a character! I've got a couple more AC games deep in the backlog, including the much better (from what I've heard) AC IV so I'll just use that as motivation for me to finish this.
  • Decided to give the Harrier fight in Metal Gear Solid 2 on hard another try last night, beat it first try and decided to go on and get the rest of the Dog Tags for that difficulty in one sitting. Other than the Vamp fight (which I hate, but I found a way to cheat it so I don't mind it as much now :P) it wasn't so bad, finished it this morning and also gave a couple VR missions a try. Still a long way to go for that plat, but hopefully with beating the part I was stuck on the last time I tried that I'll give Extreme a run soon.
  • No trophies to show for it and a non-backlog list game, but I also started playing Tales of Zestiria again last week. With the anime on the go now and the next Tales game (my final pickup) on the horizon, I'd like to at least get through the story in this game so I'll be relativly caught up. This was the first game I had ever pre-ordered, but it's been lost in the shuffle like alot of my games and I've only been able to truly enjoy it now after clearing up a couple others. 

Ratchet2425:

Currently Playing:

Games played at beginning of event (In no particular order) (% completed before July 1st, % currently completed, date game was started, (additional information)):

Hyperdimension Neptunia: 32%. 45%. March 14th, 2016.

Tales of Graces f: 11%. 14%. ~October 5th, 2015.

Tales of Xillia 2: 24%. 25%. ~October 24th, 2014. (Unsure of exact start, was likely closer to November as I wanted to complete Xillia 1's story first)

Metal Gear Solid 2: 77%. 81%. September 13th, 2014.

Metal Gear Solid 3: 15%. 15%. November 8th, 2015.

Dragon Age II: 39%. 43%. October 18th, 2013. (Base game only)

Heavy Rain: 42%. 51%. October 3rd, 2014.

Beyond: Two Souls: 36%. 36%. September 5th, 2014.

Dynasty Warriors 7: 34%. 37%. November 21st, 2015.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd: 29%. 81%. September 13th, 2015.

Mass Effect 2: 89% base, 85% overall. 89% base, 85% overall. September 14th, 2014

• Zaeed: The Price of Revenge: 100%. 100%. September 14th, 2014. (Finished Already, listed here to show I have all the DLC)
  • Arrival: 0%. 0%. March 19th, 2016 (Bought on this date, is installed but haven't started yet)

Ratchet Deadlocked: 3%. 10%. May 29th, 2016.

Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault: 15%. 15%. May 28th, 2016.

Jak 3: 58%. 58%. February 2nd, 2013.

Sonic Adventure: 43% base, 30% overall. 52% base, 36% overall. July 22nd, 2015

• Sonic Adventure DX: 0%. 0%. July 22nd, 2015.

Final Fantasy X HD: 9%. 9%. July 24th, 2015.

Valkyria Chronicles Remastered 0%. 7%. May 17th, 2016.

Rock Band 4: 8%. 41%. June 29th, 2016.

Senran Kagura Estival Versus: 20%. 29%. March 19th, 2016.

Uncharted 2: 26%. 26%. September 8th, 2012.

Uncharted 1 Remastered: 9%. 9%. December 26th, 2015.

Command & Conquer Red Alert 3: 88%. 88%. May 5th, 2009.

Games started in July 2016 (% completed, date game was purchased, (additional information)):

Assassins Creed III: 6%. June 2nd, 2016. (Base Game only)

Sonic Adventure 2: 5%. June 27th, 2015. (Base Game only)

Echochrome: 9%. June 19th, 2016. 

Games started/added in September 2016 (% completed, date game was purchased, (additional information)):

Journey: 0%. September 7th, 2016

Super Stardust HD: 12%. June 2016? (will confirm this date once PSN comes back online)

Broforce: 4%. March 4th, 2016.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X: 5%. September 4th, 2016.

AdVenture Capitalist: 38%. September 7th, 2016.

Completed Games: (Date Started, Date Finished, Time Taken)

Gone Home: June 27th 2016, July 2nd 2016, 5 Days, 2 Hours

Elder Scrolls V Skyrim: January 6th, 2012, July 31st, 2016. 4 Years, 7 Months, 1 Week, 1 Day, 20 Hours (100%)

Driveclub: January 15th, 2016, August 31st, 2016. 7 months, 2 weeks, 1 day (100% Completion)

NBA 2k17: The Prelude: September 10th, 2016, September 11th, 2016. 15 hours, 15 minutes (Spent more time sleeping than playing  :P)

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon: December 4th, 2015, September 12th, 2016. 9 Months, 1 Week, 2 Days.

Grim Fandango Remastered: January 12th, 2016, September 17th, 20168 Months, 5 Days, 17 Hours. 

Pick-ups:

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X (PS4) (Picked Up)
Tales of Berseria (PS4)

Darkest Dungeon (PS4)

Games bought because I'm a bitch and couldn't hold out

None, Yet...

DLC Allowance

None, hopefully it stays this way

Current Overall Spendings: $0.00

Not much work for you this time Spidey, the only thing that needs to be done is Grim Fandango should be moved from Currently Playing to Finished.

I don't have the plat yet, i literally just finished campaign straight off on veteran. I am game, just give me a shout when you want to do them. I don't know how those modes work though.

It's kind of CoD Zombies but with aliens instead really, but in a bigger kind of level. I'll have a look at my list in a bit to see what I've done / what I need to do and what we can hammer out together.

I guess that would be an option. At least depending on how the survey services handle foreign IPs since it's usually the case that 90% of the surveys and stuff are not available unless it's a global site or you're from the same country as the site. That said, I didn't try it yet and who knows, it might work out in the end. 

Yeah, I did watch that and, since I didn't really keep up with South Park, I was surprised to find that there's now a storyline to the show. That game does indeed go well with member berries, though. :D

Should be right, as far as I know, but then my computer and modem and all that are in Australia so I don't know.

Yeah, the last season was like one continuous thing if I remember correctly. I liked it, some other people *really* didn't.

Censorship is shit, and one of the many reasons region free consoles are fantastic.

Knowing me I'll never even get around to it to be honest. Like, I want to, but I've wanted to for years now.

For a game that was supposed to be Tomb Raider, I was surprised at how different Uncharted was. It's much more of an Indiana Jones story than a Tomb Raider one. I thought the first three Uncharted games were bland gameplay saved by great stories but I really liked the fourth game.

As for trading, there's so many games I still want to play that I really don't have that much time for replaying old games. I really liked Uncharted 4 but I don't see myself playing it again within the next two years. Also, I trade games when they are still worth a lot, the ones which I want for my collection (AC Syndicate and Just Cause 3 for instance) I will just get again once they don't cost as much. Otherwise I just have a €50 game lying around which I'll get to playing again by the time it's a €15 game.

I used to have a large collection of games, very little of which I actually played. These days I keep my backlog intentionally small - play something, get rid of it, play something else. It's really hard to feel sad about the games I traded on when I see how little I have paid this year on games while having played so much within a few months after their release dates.

I'm keeping the Assassin's Creed games for sure and I eventually want to get back to some big sandbox games like Just Cause 3 to do more stuff but other than that I have no sympathy for current gen discs, I don't need to keep most around.

Personally, I wouldn't plan on buying old gen games if the updated versions have already been announced for the current gen, but going for old gen versions of Ezio is certainly the cheapest choice.

I don't know how soon you plan on doing AC1 but I don't think my full completion will be any sooner than at least half a year from now. Possibly more since I still have much more other games to play through.

Uncharted feels like (my probably outdated and wrong memories of) a TR Legend era TR game but faster, in terms of gameplay. 10/10 Indy similarities though, the kid flashback opener for part 3 was a little too real with that though.

I feel you on trading when they're still worth it. The only game I've traded this generation was CoD Advanced Warfare. I picked it up in Cashies for 29 when it was a couple months old on PS4, ended up selling it to EB a week or two later for 39 bucks because I'm cheap. I mean, I ended up getting it again on Xbone later down the road anyway, since it's a CoD game, it's always gonna be around to pick up again if I want it.

My digital backlog like actually scares me.

I suppose that's a good point too with updates, I dumped GTA V on PS3 when it came to PS4, sure I didn't *really* need to upgrade, but I haven't plugged my PS3 in in forever so. That's also why I love the backwards compatible thing for Xbone, last gen is current gen again.

I've already started it. It's been a month or so since I jumped back in. You'll win.

Some good news - i completed Lara Croft & the Temple of Osiris just recently :)

The best Tomb Raider game i know :P :P

Completed the story and had to replay every tomb to get all challenges... Going through some tombs were time consuming (getting gold medail for points was the biggest problem) but i am super happy to have this done.

I quite liked Osiris. I picked it up at Cashies for like 9 bucks on disc, it obviously being preowned, I didn't think the included season pass code would work, then when I saw a sticker on the back saying it was from a library I really thought it wouldn't work, tried it anyway and it worked, so I got the game and season pass for 9 bucks on disc ... then it came to PS+ like a week later and I was sadfaces.

I still haven't finished the first Lara Croft game though, I have it on PS3 and Xperia Play (I can just say Android now, it Used to be exclusive to the XP though), I should really finish it sometime, they're very similar.

Time for a light update (I really need to find time to do a proper update in some way, but lack of time and me preferring to play instead of organizing the stuff that I played to post here make it impossible...)

Since my last post, I finished The Swapper played a bit of NFS Rivals, but got bored after about 5 hours, so I also started Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix (last KH game that I hadn't played on PS3) and finished the prologue episode and I bought the season pass for Grid 2 and got the trophies to get it to 100% complete, that's all for play time...

As I said, I also kind of blown away my DLC allowance... and in a way I feel tempted to say that I will ignore a bit our limits, because I know that I will buy the DLC for Table Top Racing, Rocket League and Driveclub (the 4 not in the season pass) if they show up at 50+% discount... but at the same time I will try to play by the rules, so I'm trying to resist buying Star Ocean 5 that's currently on sale for €23  :( ...

As for updates to the 1st post (and since Super-Fly missed my last update, that was just above his post saying to throw in the updates after it...).

Move from Currently playing to Completed Games: Lost Dimension

Move from Backlog to Cyrrently playing: Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix

Add to Games Played: The Swapper, Need For Speed: Rivals (PS3)

Add to Completed Games: Doodle Kingdom (PS3), Doodle God (PS3), Doodle Evil (PS3) and NBS 2K17

Add to Cave-ins: Need For Speed: Rivals (PS3) - €7.99

Add to DLCGrid 2 Season Pass - €10.49
Add to backlog: Amnesia: Memories, Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (PS3), Tomb Rider (PS3), Journey (PS4), Lords of the Fallen (all from PS+ IGC)

If you (Super-Fly) prefer to just copy/past my update to the 1st post, then, just copy the content in the spoiler tag, since I edit it to have all the above content already in, since it was kind of a big update..

GAMES PLAYED

Rocket League

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (PS3)

Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories

Thief (PS3)

Bloodborne

Muramasa Rebirth

Grand Theft Auto V (PS3)

Race the Sun (PS3/PS4/PSV)

Blazblue Continuum Shift Extended (PSV)

Need For Speed: Rivals (PS3)

Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix

GAMES COMPLETED

Ni No Kuni - Platinum/100% Complete

Street Fighter x Tekken (PS3) - Platinum/100% Complete

Street Fighter x Tekken (PSV) - Platinum/100% Complete

Natural Doctrine (PSV) - Platinum/100% Complete

Rainbow Moon (PS3/PSV) - Platinum/100% Complete

Modnations Racers: Road Trip - Platinum/100% Complete

Mortal Kombat 9 (PS3) - Platinum/100% Complete

Lost Dimension (PSV) - Platinum/100% Complete

Doodle Kingdom (PS3) - 100% Complete

Doodle God (PS3) - 100% Complete

Doodle Devil (PS3) - 100% Complete

NBA 2K17: The Prelude - 100% Complete

The Swapper - 100% Complete

Gird 2 - Platinum/100% Complete

PICK-UPS

Persona 5 (PS4)

Final Fantasy XV (PS4)

Tekken 7 (PS4)

CAVE-INS

Need For Speed: Rivals (PS3) - €7.99

DLC ($4.62 AUD remaining)

Grid 2 Season Pass - €10.49 ($15.38 AUD)

Backlog

Amnesia: Memories

Ar Tonelico 3

Batman Arkham Asylum

Batman Arkham City

Beyond Two Souls

Deadly Premonition

Deception IV (PS3)

Dragon’s Dogma

Dragon’s Crown (PSV)

Dishonoured (PS3)

Grand Theft Auto V (PS4)

Hitman Blood Money

Hitman Contracts

Hitman Silent Assassin

I Am Alive

Journey (PS4)

Kingdoms of Amalur

Lord of the Fallen

Mafia II

Metal Gear Solid 3 (PS3)

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS4)

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (PS3)

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines

Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments

Sports Champions 2

Styx: Master of Shadows

The Crew

Tomb Rider (PS3)

Watch_Dogs

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

Should be right, as far as I know, but then my computer and modem and all that are in Australia so I don't know.

Yeah, the last season was like one continuous thing if I remember correctly. I liked it, some other people *really* didn't.

Censorship is shit, and one of the many reasons region free consoles are fantastic.

Knowing me I'll never even get around to it to be honest. Like, I want to, but I've wanted to for years now.

I suppose it won't hurt to try once I find myself actually having nothing to do for once.

That's interesting, usually I don't have anything against that kind of thing, or rather take a liking to that, but I don't know how it fits with South Park. I suppose that does make it worth having a look at the last season just to see how it feels. 

Yeah, I usually don't even bother getting censored games until they release an uncut version of the game, or until it's available for a reasonable price on another regions store. The only reason why I have a censored copy of MW2 is because the previous owner of my PS3 didn't seem to mind.

Don't force yourself if you don't want to, in the end it's all about having fun. But it would be pretty funny to witness the reaction of my best friend, who is extremely anti-CoD, to me getting a plat for a Call of Duty game. :D

As I said, I also kind of blown away my DLC allowance... and in a way I feel tempted to say that I will ignore a bit our limits, because I know that I will buy the DLC for Table Top Racing, Rocket League and Driveclub (the 4 not in the season pass) if they show up at 50+% discount... but at the same time I will try to play by the rules, so I'm trying to resist buying Star Ocean 5 that's currently on sale for €23  :( ...

As for updates to the 1st post (and since Super-Fly missed my last update, that was just above his post saying to throw in the updates after it...).

Move from Currently playing to Completed Games: Lost Dimension

Move from Backlog to Cyrrently playing: Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix

Add to Games Played: The Swapper, Need For Speed: Rivals (PS3)

Add to Completed Games: Doodle Kingdom (PS3), Doodle God (PS3), Doodle Evil (PS3) and NBS 2K17

Add to Cave-ins: Need For Speed: Rivals (PS3) - €7.99

Add to DLCGrid 2 Season Pass - €10.49
Add to backlog: Amnesia: Memories, Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (PS3), Tomb Rider (PS3), Journey (PS4), Lords of the Fallen (all from PS+ IGC)

That's why I completely ignore DLCs unless the content they provide is worth my money. I'm still in the mindset that content updates should be free and additional cosmetics are completely useless. If a company wants me to pay for additional content, that stuff should better be worth it. But anyways, people should really be careful with this stuff since it's the same deal as the micro-transactions in the mobile world. You pay 2€ here, 3€ there and before you knew it you dropped a few hundred buck on stuff that really wasn't worth that kind of money. And the worst thing of all is that basically everyone is doing this now since it obviously proved to be successful. 

Wow, if the PS+ selection is that good, I might actually pay those 50€ for a year of PS+ on my birthday after all. Well, time will tell I suppose.

That's why I completely ignore DLCs unless the content they provide is worth my money. I'm still in the mindset that content updates should be free and additional cosmetics are completely useless. If a company wants me to pay for additional content, that stuff should better be worth it. But anyways, people should really be careful with this stuff since it's the same deal as the micro-transactions in the mobile world. You pay 2€ here, 3€ there and before you knew it you dropped a few hundred buck on stuff that really wasn't worth that kind of money. And the worst thing of all is that basically everyone is doing this now since it obviously proved to be successful. 

Wow, if the PS+ selection is that good, I might actually pay those 50€ for a year of PS+ on my birthday after all. Well, time will tell I suppose.

I'm partial to that thinking too, that's why I try to always wait for a 50+% sale before buying any DLC (with a few exceptions), but my completionist side wins most of the time... This Grid Season Pass really wasn't worth the money that it costed and it was at 60+% discount or something.. I was to buy Bloodborne DLC, but tough in leaving it for a later date, since I haven't felt like going back to it yet, even tough it was the game that came with my PS4..

As for what I listed as add to my backlog, all of those except Tomb Rider are from this month's IGC, but this month is a specially good one when compared to what we have been getting for quite some time, since usually there's at best 1-2 games that are interesting to me or at least quick and easy platinum or 100%. Tomb Rider was given ages ago to PS+ and is something that I'm always thinking in trying, but because of the amount of MP trophies, I end up always not starting it, but I have been thinking in finding a boost session for it lately, that's why I decided to add it to my backlog now.