Financial Year Backlog Challenge Thing

Getting closer to the release of the Assassin's Creed Ezio Trilogy and I've realised some days ago (I think in an other thread than this one) that this means that if I do the AC III and AC Black Flag multiplayer trophies, that I can platinum all of the AC games. I really want to get working on that. I think Black Flag can be done alone but it might be more fun to grind together and AC III should be done with others for a few trophies, as we've discussed earlier.

There were people in this thread interested in boosting earlier when we discussed this, are those people still interested if we're going to make some concrete plans?

I think I want to do some gaming tomorrow and next sunday, might be AC MP if I can get a few people together.

On the topic of weekly recaps: I've played through one story of Amnesia a week or so ago, I'll write a long recap soon. Haven't touched any console for over a week but I feel like getting into gaming again, a few weeks of doing other stuff felt good.

Edited by BillyHorrible

Getting closer to the release of the Assassin's Creed Ezio Trilogy and I've realised some days ago (I think in an other thread than this one) that this means that if I do the AC III and AC Black Flag multiplayer trophies, that I can platinum all of the AC games. I really want to get working on that. I think Black Flag can be done alone but it might be more fun to grind together and AC III should be done with others for a few trophies, as we've discussed earlier.

There were people in this thread interested in boosting earlier when we discussed this, are those people still interested if we're going to make some concrete plans?

I think I want to do some gaming tomorrow and next sunday, might be AC MP if I can get a few people together.

On the topic of weekly recaps: I've played through one story of Amnesia a week or so ago, I'll write a long recap soon. Haven't touched any console for over a week but I feel like getting into gaming again, a few weeks of doing other stuff felt good.

Assuming the timing works out alright, certainly. Looks like you have III on PS3 and IV on PS4? If so, I can't join in on the latter.

Assuming the timing works out alright, certainly. Looks like you have III on PS3 and IV on PS4? If so, I can't join in on the latter.

Correct, III only is on PS3 but I got my PS4 before my PS3 so any multi-gen game I'll have on PS4 (unless it has been ported after I already got it for PS3, or if the PS3 version was on PS+).

Shame you can't join in Black Flag but III is the main multiplayer issue anyway. I'll do a mass PM for sunday to discuss time, for tomorrow: most of the day works for me but I have offline stuff to do so I can't game the whole day. Just PM me with your preferred time slot(s) and I'll try to make it work, we can fill in the others as they join.

Well, I was bad. Gamefly offered me a month of double rentals for a dollar and I had to give in. :blush: 

Picked up my first and quite possibly only DLC, as well as a new game - I've been waiting for a sale on Digimon. Almost grabbed Sword Art Online as well, but seeing a bunch of relationship trophies (+related screenshots) made me change my mind.

Started and finished Disney Infinity 2.0, aside from one trophy left for Platinum Rain Day. Decent, but it felt pretty unpolished and quite repetitive. Fun to poke around in Toy Box mode, though some more explanations on how things work would have helped with a couple of the minigame-related objects you link together. It's all good, I've been wanting to try one of these toy games for a while now. Boyfriend found the pack for five bucks and gave it to me.

Games Played:

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth [PC]

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood [PS3]

Dragonvale [Android]

Myths of the World: Spirit Wolf [Android]

Games Beaten:

*The Sims 3: Pets [PS3] - 0% 98%

*Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves [PS3] - 79% 98%

Bathory: The Bloody Countess [Android] - 0% ➝ 91% (glitched)

*Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault [PS3] - 35% ➝ 57% ➝ 98%

*Disney Infinity 2.0 [PS3] - 0% ➝ 97%

Pick-ups:

1. Pokemon Sun or Moon [3DS]

2. Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth [PSTV]

DLC ($20):

$4.94 - Dragon Age Inquisition: Jaws of Hakkon

Dem fails:

$1.06 - One month of Gamefly rentals

Free stuff/PS+:

Great Secrets: Da Vinci [PC]

Normality [PC]

Shadow Warrior Classic [PC]

Forgotten Books: The Enchanted Crown + Myths of the World: Spirit Wolf + Bathory: The Bloody Countess + Revenge of the Spirit: Rite of Resurrection [Android]
Pure Pool [PC]
Goocubelets 2 [PC]

Lexica [PC]

The Crew [PC]

Disney Infinity 2.0 [PS3/gift]

How do we judge expenses? I just bought some PSN credit but I'm not going to use it all right now...

I think this shouldn't be considered because this is just a different bank account/form of money... You haven't bought any game yet, so zero expenses :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Little Update from me

I've played through Lost Planet 2 on Normal difficulty and got a few trophies... very few :facepalm: ... i think this is the longest offline grind game i know until now :D  though i hardly get another trophy :P

Been playing mainly Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning and instead of completing the main story i focused on sidequests and exploring the world...

And every now and then i continued Broken Age and i must say i was very surprised when Act 1 ended... such a nice twist... slowly progressing because i don't use any guide atm and i need much luck to solve most riddles... but that's what's the fun is here xD

Apparently I'm 20 now. I still don't know why we label each other by numbers and count off our spent lifetime, that stuff seems depressing.

Anyways, I finally have Legion, so you can mark that as bought and add 60€ to the wallet meter. I'm really having a blast and right now it seems like Blizzard just released the best expansion of the last decade.
I'm especially in love with the fact that I can now have a second pet as a beastmastery hunter but the new story lines of the leveling zones are really interesting as well. I'm only halfway through one of the zones but I'm sure the trend will continue as I've purposefully chosen the zone I was the least interested in as my first zone to level in. :D 

<Usual quote that marks important update stuff in the text above> 

Well, I was bad. Gamefly offered me a month of double rentals for a dollar and I had to give in. :blush:
Picked up my first and quite possibly only DLC, as well as a new game - I've been waiting for a sale on Digimon. Almost grabbed Sword Art Online as well, but seeing a bunch of relationship trophies (+related screenshots) made me change my mind.

I can understand you skipping out on SAO, it's a really time consuming and grindy platinum trophy and the grind isn't even fun at times. But if you're really into SAO and/or just want to play it for the sake of playing the game instead of playing for the platinum, it's a fun title that will take you like 120 hours to complete both story arcs, so it's really great in terms of content.

How do we judge expenses? I just bought some PSN credit but I'm not going to use it all right now...

The LEGO Marvel's Avengers DLC is on sale and as promised, I am going to buy it.

As far as I understood the rules, you can buy millions of $ worth of PSN credit without that counting towards anything, but if you were to buy a game with those millions of $ worth of credit, you'd have to list that under your expenses/cave-ins.

Apparently I'm 20 now. I still don't know why we label each other by numbers and count off our spent lifetime, that stuff seems depressing.

I can understand you skipping out on SAO, it's a really time consuming and grindy platinum trophy and the grind isn't even fun at times. But if you're really into SAO and/or just want to play it for the sake of playing the game instead of playing for the platinum, it's a fun title that will take you like 120 hours to complete both story arcs, so it's really great in terms of content.

Happy birthday!

Eh, I'm not too concerned about long, though my patience for grinding seems to have disappeared since I quit MMOs.

Never seen SAO, but it looks interesting and I liked .hack//. It's the fanservice that turned me away.  :facepalm:

Happy birthday!

Eh, I'm not too concerned about long, though my patience for grinding seems to have disappeared since I quit MMOs.

Never seen SAO, but it looks interesting and I liked .hack//. It's the fanservice that turned me away.  :facepalm:

Thanks. :)

Actually, the game feels a lot like an MMORPG. I was actually really impressed when I saw it the first time since it's really lively. You even have a friends list where NPCs that you meet can send you friend request and ask you to help them with their leveling. The battle system is also pretty unique since you actively engage in battle with your NPC partner, switching roles and coordinating in battle. You can even tell your partner that you like what they did and they'll remember that and do it more often.

As for the grinds, some of them were really fun, others were hell. I really liked the leveling process since that seemed really rewarding and was quite fast. Killing 100 of those HNMs, which are basically really strong bosses balanced towards end-game, was also pretty fun. The parts of the game that were less fun include the implement system, which consists of special tasks to do in the Hollow Area, and the relationship grind. While the first of those takes a lot longer, it's still varied gameplay and fun at times. Then there's a few implements that will take an hour of mindless things to complete mixed in with a few really fun ones. The relationship grind on the other hand is hell. It's basically 4 hours of memorizing badly translated sentence pieces and trying to figure out what button to press. It's literally the most boring thing I had to do in a game ever and the main reason why I would think not twice but six times about trying to plat the PS4 version if I were to ever get it.

As far as gameplay and story goes, it's really fun though. Especially the combat system is fun after you understand it and the sheer size of the game is impressive as well.

You should consider giving the anime another go, it's no masterpiece and Kirito is OP as hell but the story is really interesting in the beginning. I used to love .hack//sign, it was one of the first anime I ever saw, besides all the stuff like One Piece and Dragon Ball. When I look back at it now, it's relatively boring because they messed up the pacing quite a bit but I still love it to this day, I never got to try any other parts of the .hack franchise, though.

Concerning the fanservice in SAO, I'd say it's really not that bad for a harem anime, I've seen way worse cases than that. I do get your point though, fanservice is pretty useless in my eyes. That is unless it's used for a specific reason like a few comedy anime that I've watched.

• Like 1

Thanks. :)

Actually, the game feels a lot like an MMORPG. I was actually really impressed when I saw it the first time since it's really lively. You even have a friends list where NPCs that you meet can send you friend request and ask you to help them with their leveling. The battle system is also pretty unique since you actively engage in battle with your NPC partner, switching roles and coordinating in battle. You can even tell your partner that you like what they did and they'll remember that and do it more often.

As for the grinds, some of them were really fun, others were hell. I really liked the leveling process since that seemed really rewarding and was quite fast. Killing 100 of those HNMs, which are basically really strong bosses balanced towards end-game, was also pretty fun. The parts of the game that were less fun include the implement system, which consists of special tasks to do in the Hollow Area, and the relationship grind. While the first of those takes a lot longer, it's still varied gameplay and fun at times. Then there's a few implements that will take an hour of mindless things to complete mixed in with a few really fun ones. The relationship grind on the other hand is hell. It's basically 4 hours of memorizing badly translated sentence pieces and trying to figure out what button to press. It's literally the most boring thing I had to do in a game ever and the main reason why I would think not twice but six times about trying to plat the PS4 version if I were to ever get it.

As far as gameplay and story goes, it's really fun though. Especially the combat system is fun after you understand it and the sheer size of the game is impressive as well.

You should consider giving the anime another go, it's no masterpiece and Kirito is OP as hell but the story is really interesting in the beginning. I used to love .hack//sign, it was one of the first anime I ever saw, besides all the stuff like One Piece and Dragon Ball. When I look back at it now, it's relatively boring because they messed up the pacing quite a bit but I still love it to this day, I never got to try any other parts of the .hack franchise, though.

Concerning the fanservice in SAO, I'd say it's really not that bad for a harem anime, I've seen way worse cases than that. I do get your point though, fanservice is pretty useless in my eyes. That is unless it's used for a specific reason like a few comedy anime that I've watched.

Nice. That sounds like a better ally AI system than a lot of games have.

Yeah... unique grinds can definitely be fun, it's the brain-melting ones that are really tough. The relationship grind definitely sounds horrible.

Can't blame you, it sounds like sitting through that grind again would be hard. Just ignore it unless you get the urge to replay it someday, perhaps?

Gamefly has the second game, Lost Song, which seems to lack relationship trophies and apparently takes ~50 hours instead. You're definitely tempting me to give it a go. :)

.hack//Infection, at least, was extremely repetitive. Even liking the game and having relatively few gaming options at the time, I never managed to beat it. Can't remember much else about it aside from the talking plants (if only all collectibles yelled at you...).

Haven't given the anime any goes yet, still planning on at least a couple episodes at some point - the story definitely seemed interesting. Just didn't want to commit to a long game that looked like it had a large chunk of content I wouldn't enjoy.

It's definitely more appealing to me when it's comedy. The reference type of fanservice can be great too. It's not that I can't stand it, it's just... really prevalent. I get kinda sick of it.

Nice. That sounds like a better ally AI system than a lot of games have.

Yeah... unique grinds can definitely be fun, it's the brain-melting ones that are really tough. The relationship grind definitely sounds horrible.

Can't blame you, it sounds like sitting through that grind again would be hard. Just ignore it unless you get the urge to replay it someday, perhaps?

Gamefly has the second game, Lost Song, which seems to lack relationship trophies and apparently takes ~50 hours instead. You're definitely tempting me to give it a go. :)

.hack//Infection, at least, was extremely repetitive. Even liking the game and having relatively few gaming options at the time, I never managed to beat it. Can't remember much else about it aside from the talking plants (if only all collectibles yelled at you...).

Haven't given the anime any goes yet, still planning on at least a couple episodes at some point - the story definitely seemed interesting. Just didn't want to commit to a long game that looked like it had a large chunk of content I wouldn't enjoy.

It's definitely more appealing to me when it's comedy. The reference type of fanservice can be great too. It's not that I can't stand it, it's just... really prevalent. I get kinda sick of it.

Technically the AI isn't really that complicated but the effect is pretty unique. :)

I'm not sure about Lost Song because it's about a different part of the anime and I haven't played it but I did hear some people say nice things about it. I guess the most interesting difference is that you can fly.

After a busy couple of days in class and with some Nightwish playing in the background, it's update time:

• Not even a full month since my last one, I made my second pickup on Tuesday in Darkest Dungeon. After watching a few streams of this game on VInesauce, I was really looking forward to giving it a go. I've already managed to get 11 trophies so far but I know this won't be a walk in the park to platinum, which is good since I plan on putting alot into this game :)
  • Went back to Project DIva F 2nd after not touching it for about a week, managed to unlock all of the gifts in the game earlier today. I've got most of the song grinding done so far, but I still need to get alot of plays with the other vocaloids to unlock the rest of the skins, plus there's all that diva room stuff... Chances are this will be my last platinum of the year since I'm really not in a rush to get this done, and it would mark my 10th on the year and the first time I've ever reached that milestone.
  • Started my extreme run in Metal Gear Solid 2, having the stealth suit makes it a whole lot easier but I'm kinda scared for when I start facing the bosses. This would be another good game to make my last platinum of the year, but even if I get through extreme relatively quickly I need to make a SEVENTH run because I missed 1 dogtag in my normal playthrough, plus I'd have to get through the rest of Snake's VR missions, which have been kicking my ass as of late.
  • Thanks to the fine people of this site, I managed to get 50 unique players on one of my levels in LittleBigPlanet 2 on the weekend. I'd written off getting that platinum years ago because I wasn't feeling like screwing around in creative for 24 hours (still not looking forward to it), but maybe if I can get some people together to get all the prize bubbles I'll give it another go. Would anyone here be interested in that?

Ratchet2425:

Currently Playing:

Games played at beginning of event (In no particular order) (% completed before July 1st, % currently completed, date game was started, (additional information)):

Hyperdimension Neptunia: 32%. 45%. March 14th, 2016.

Tales of Graces f: 11%. 14%. ~October 5th, 2015.

Tales of Xillia 2: 24%. 25%. ~October 24th, 2014. (Unsure of exact start, was likely closer to November as I wanted to complete Xillia 1's story first)

Metal Gear Solid 2: 77%. 81%. September 13th, 2014.

Metal Gear Solid 3: 15%. 15%. November 8th, 2015.

Dragon Age II: 39%. 43%. October 18th, 2013. (Base game only)

Heavy Rain: 42%. 51%. October 3rd, 2014.

Beyond: Two Souls: 36%. 36%. September 5th, 2014.

Dynasty Warriors 7: 34%. 37%. November 21st, 2015.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd: 29%. 84%. September 13th, 2015.

Mass Effect 2: 89% base, 85% overall. 89% base, 85% overall. September 14th, 2014

• Zaeed: The Price of Revenge: 100%. 100%. September 14th, 2014. (Finished Already, listed here to show I have all the DLC)
  • Arrival: 0%. 0%. March 19th, 2016 (Bought on this date, is installed but haven't started yet)

Ratchet Deadlocked: 3%. 10%. May 29th, 2016.

Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault: 15%. 15%. May 28th, 2016.

Jak 3: 58%. 58%. February 2nd, 2013.

Sonic Adventure: 43% base, 30% overall. 52% base, 36% overall. July 22nd, 2015

• Sonic Adventure DX: 0%. 0%. July 22nd, 2015.

Final Fantasy X HD: 9%. 9%. July 24th, 2015.

Valkyria Chronicles Remastered 0%. 7%. May 17th, 2016.

Rock Band 4: 8%. 41%. June 29th, 2016.

Senran Kagura Estival Versus: 20%. 29%. March 19th, 2016.

Uncharted 2: 26%. 26%. September 8th, 2012.

Uncharted 1 Remastered: 9%. 9%. December 26th, 2015.

Command & Conquer Red Alert 3: 88%. 88%. May 5th, 2009.

Games started in July 2016 (% completed, date game was purchased, (additional information)):

Assassins Creed III: 8%. June 2nd, 2016. (Base Game only)

Sonic Adventure 2: 5%. June 27th, 2015. (Base Game only)

Echochrome: 9%. June 19th, 2016. 

Games started/added in September 2016 (% completed, date game was purchased, (additional information)):

Journey: 0%. September 7th, 2016

Super Stardust HD: 12%. June 2016? (will confirm this date once PSN comes back online)

Broforce: 4%. March 4th, 2016.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X: 5%. September 4th, 2016.

AdVenture Capitalist: 38%. September 7th, 2016.

Darkest Dungeon: 15%. September 27th, 2016.

Completed Games: (Date Started, Date Finished, Time Taken)

Gone Home: June 27th 2016, July 2nd 2016, 5 Days, 2 Hours

Elder Scrolls V Skyrim: January 6th, 2012, July 31st, 2016. 4 Years, 7 Months, 1 Week, 1 Day, 20 Hours (100%)

Driveclub: January 15th, 2016, August 31st, 2016. 7 months, 2 weeks, 1 day (100% Completion)

NBA 2k17: The Prelude: September 10th, 2016, September 11th, 2016. 15 hours, 15 minutes (Spent more time sleeping than playing   :P)

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon: December 4th, 2015, September 12th, 2016. 9 Months, 1 Week, 2 Days.

Grim Fandango Remastered: January 12th, 2016, September 17th, 20168 Months, 5 Days, 17 Hours. 

Pick-ups:

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X (PS4) (Picked Up)
Tales of Berseria (PS4)

Darkest Dungeon (PS4)

Games bought because I'm a bitch and couldn't hold out

None, Yet...

DLC Allowance

None, hopefully it stays this way

Current Overall Spendings: $0.00

The only thing that needs updating in the OP list is adding Darkest Dungeon to currently playing and crossing it off from my pickups.

Correct, III only is on PS3 but I got my PS4 before my PS3 so any multi-gen game I'll have on PS4 (unless it has been ported after I already got it for PS3, or if the PS3 version was on PS+).

Shame you can't join in Black Flag but III is the main multiplayer issue anyway. I'll do a mass PM for sunday to discuss time, for tomorrow: most of the day works for me but I have offline stuff to do so I can't game the whole day. Just PM me with your preferred time slot(s) and I'll try to make it work, we can fill in the others as they join.

I'm still up for AC III, haven't touched the MP for awhile since I've been working on the story as of late. Pretty much anytime on the weekend works for me, I'm in class during the week so if you wanted to do it then it'd depend on the timing. How bad are AC IV's MP trophies? I have it for PS4 as well but haven't started it yet, don't think I even have enough space to install it at the moment.

The LEGO Marvel's Avengers DLC is on sale and as promised, I am going to buy it.

I mean, technically you still spent the money, but then when you spend the rest it wouldn't be anymore, so I don't know? I'd just say you slapped down X amount on PSN dollars, but that's up to you what you wanna do. I was tempted with that season pass too, 8 bucks and change here for it and the former trophy whore in me wants the 100%, but the cheapskate me says I don't really care about Black Panther, Doctor Strange, the SHIELD show, Captain Marvel, and whatever the hell the other one was.

Ayyy me too. On both counts, in that I turned 20 a month ago and think counting your age and celebrating getting older is kind of depressing in a way. Happy birth thing!

Started and finished Disney Infinity 2.0, aside from one trophy left for Platinum Rain Day. Decent, but it felt pretty unpolished and quite repetitive. Fun to poke around in Toy Box mode, though some more explanations on how things work would have helped with a couple of the minigame-related objects you link together. It's all good, I've been wanting to try one of these toy games for a while now. Boyfriend found the pack for five bucks and gave it to me.

I bought DI 2 day one (Spider-Man was in it, I had to) and aside from regretting the cost, as it was 10 bucks everywhere a couple months later, I enjoyed it. It was far from great and if you're buying it for any reason other than a huge Spidey boner it's not worth much more than 10 bucks, but as a Spidey game it was one of the better ones all things considered. I'm playing through DI 3 here and there a little bit at the moment and it's more of the same, which shouldn't be a surprise, but just a heads up that if you thought 2.0 was a good game that could use a bit of fixing up, well, 3.0 doesn't really fix anything up. Unless you count adding Star Wars as a fix, which, I mean, it kind of is. I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Well, I've bought a Vita again. More specifically, 2 Vitas. Me and the missus miss the things more than even with bubs over there, and well, even though we've had an incredibly bad streak of luck with Vitas, we're weak and gave in. Plus cheap deal on Gumtree. Vitas go for 270 new here and there's only one retailer in Australia that even stocks them anymore (and if someone wants to come on here and say EB and JB do, then check JB's site, they don't anymore) so there's no competition at all. From Gummie I picked up one unused original model one for a hundred and an old controller of mine, and another used first gen model but with a 16gb memory card for 110 so for 210 (plus postage) we got 2 Vitas and a decent sized memory card, I've still got my 16gb in the PS TV and Caitlyn has her 8gb which I guess will become a spare or shoved in the PS TV or something. Anyway, all in all, not a bad deal. Kinda annoyed about one though because the 110 one had no cord and I had to get one off eBay for 5 bucks, then pay 10 bucks postage, so 125, then I found one in Cash Converters yesterday with a cord for 129 and although there's no memory card, that at least comes with 3 months warranty, but I guess I could be a ♥ and buy it if this one doesn't work and return the Gumtree one in it's place.

Speaking of returns and ripping off people who rip off other people anyway, Modern Warfare remastered is coming out in a few days and I did have a friend who was gonna give me their code but that's a long story and anyway, now I'm ordering the super duper 130 dollar edition of Infinite Warfare and out of this competition and failed and bye. 

Just kidding, I got the code for MW Remastered and the Infinite Warfare beta in my email, and then rang the store and cancelled my order. Fuck you Activision, fuck you EB Games, and fuck you Infinite Warfare.

Edited by Super-Fly Spider-Guy

I mean, technically you still spent the money, but then when you spend the rest it wouldn't be anymore, so I don't know? I'd just say you slapped down X amount on PSN dollars, but that's up to you what you wanna do. I was tempted with that season pass too, 8 bucks and change here for it and the former trophy whore in me wants the 100%, but the cheapskate me says I don't really care about Black Panther, Doctor Strange, the SHIELD show, Captain Marvel, and whatever the hell the other one was.

I've got an ulterior motive with the LEGO season passes in that LEGO games and 2D platformers are the only things the missus will game along with, and we mostly play LEGO, so more is better. Also, once she starts a game she wants to see a 100% completion - not on trophies but on in-game statistics. The LEGO games you see on my card without platinum are: Avengers which we are still playing, Movie which she did not really enjoy so we're concentrating on others first, and stuff we already 100%ed on X360 and I played again myself because I got them for free (the PS3 ones) or as part of a trade (PS4 Marvel Super Heroes).

Right, I think I'm very overdue for an update, let me check where the last one is...

I'm probably going to do some bigger updates and less frequently, since more events for me are starting now.

I think you'll find I've been very explicit in my expenses update below.

Game Update

L6b73c6.png

Played through it once in one world. I thought it was weird and the guy I was apparently dating was acting like a jackass so I tried to get rid of him at every point. I ended up with a "bad" ending where he realised I was not interested in him. I guess I should play by the rules and play along with those jackass moments since that's "who I am" but I am very used to interactive fiction letting me make my own decisions instead of making me figure out what kind of decisions the person I apparently am would have made.

I may try to play along with another runthrough but I don't really know if I like this style.

I haven't really played anything else, I'm still in my burnout though I thought a few days ago that I was through, but I booted up Far Cry Primal for a few minutes and immediately was bored again even though I like the game. Guess I should either give it more time or try a new game first.

On sales: I bought some PSN credit so I could get the LEGO Avengers season pass in the sale, so me and the missus can play those extra levels. I realised a Ubisoft sale probably meant AC DLC on sale and booted up my PS3. I could resist the sales on Ezio DLC since I already played all story DLC on X360 and I'm just going to wait for the PS4 trilogy now. I never played the AC III story DLC though, I was interested less in the "alternative history" aspect of those Tyrrany DLC but now that they're for €8 alltogether, I'm interested. Turns out that for just two cents more (€7,99 instead of €7,97), I could get the season pass and also have the multiplayer DLC (which I would have otherwise ignored) and the trophy-less extra single player content of The Hidden Secrets DLC, only two of which I played before (this was the damn time when Ubi decided to do three DLC missions and regardless of which edition of the game you pre-ordered you could get a maximum of two of those missions, so I never bought it on X360 to just play that third mission).

BILLYHORRIBLE - August 1, 2016

GAMES PLAYED THROUGH:

Ratchet&Clank (played through story)

(obtained and started 2016/8/1, finished story 2016/8/4, last played 2016/8/5)

DOOM (continued and finished story)

(obtained 2016/7/1, started 2016/7/1, last played before event 2016/7/9, continued and finished on 2016/8/7)

Mirror's Edge Catalyst (played through story)

(obtained and started on 2016/8/5, on pause for No Man's Sky 2016/8/9, continued on 2016/8/18, finished story on 2016/8/20, last played 2016/8/21)

Assassin's Creed Chronicles: India (played through story)

(obtained on 2016/4/23, played first sequence on 2016/5/2, restarted on 2016/8/27, finished story on 2016/8/28)

Assassin's Creed Chronicles: Russia (played through story)

(obtained on 2016/4/23, started on 2016/8/28, finished story on 2016/8/29)

Broken Age (played through story)

(PS+ October 2015, started 2016/3/23, last played before event 2016/4/4 (finished Vella's part of Act 1), continued 2016/8/5, on pause for No Man's Sky 2016/8/9, returned and finished on 2016/8/29)

Donkey Kong Country (played through Gorrilla Glacier, Kremkroc Industries Inc., Chimp Caverns and Gang-Plank Galleon)

(played through this game a bunch of times before. Started on game again in the months before the event, played the first three worlds. 2016/9/1 - 2016/9/3 played through the rest)

Journey (played through story)

(PS+ September 2016, played through story 2016/9/12)

Amnesia (played through one world once)

(PS+ September 2016, started 2016/9/15, finished story for the first time 2016/9/18)

GAMES 100% COMPLETED:

No Man's Sky

(obtained on 2016/8/9, platinum on 2016/8/18, last played 2016/8/18)

Assassin's Creed: Unity - Dead Kings DLC

(got the game on release in 2014, finished the story back then, platinum on 2016/4/3, restarted on Dead Kings DLC 2016/8/24, completed 2016/8/26)

MouseCraft (finished remainder of game)

(PS+ July 2015, started as part of Hemiak's pro-reducing-backlog anti-completion event July 2016, finished 2016/9/2)

The Swapper

(PS+ January 2015, played from start to finish 2016/9/3)

Datura

(PS+ September 2016, played from start to finish 2016/9/11)

ADDITIONAL GAMES PLAYED:

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (post-story freeroam stuff)

(played on X360 on release in 2013, played on PS4 in August 2014, story long since finished, not part of official backlog)

Far Cry Primal (started)

(obtained on 2016/8/11, started on 2016/8/19)

LEGO Marvel's Avengers (started)

(playing with the missus, couple of levels at a time)

(obtained on 2016/7/1 when we still had Force Awakens to go through, first level played 2016/7/29)

Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter (tried to do remaining levels on hard)

(already played through the complete game but for the complete story trophy, you need alll missions on the same difficulty and I have done 6 on medium instead of hard. Game glitched at the end of the level I did on hard like it did so many times before so now I'm really done with trying, trophies are not worth such a bother)

Tomb Raider: Underworld (continued on story)

(obtained on 2016/5/22 as part of the trilogy, started on 2016/5/28, last played before event 2016/6/1, played a bit 2016/8/30)

Shütshimi (tried to get through the game again)

(PS+ April 2016, played from 2016/6/6 to 2016/6/13, played a bit again 2016/8/30)

Super Mario Kart (played through all 50cc cups and the first two 100cc cups)

(completed this game so many times during my youth I lost count. 2016/8/30 (50cc cups), 2016/08/31 (100cc Mushroom and Flower cups))

Super Mario Bros. (tried to get further in world 7)

(completed this game a bunch of times before. Played world 1-6 before the event, decided to go the hard route and did not use a warp pipe. Played 2016/9/3)

3 PURCHASED GAMES:

DLC (AUD 20,61 spent out of AUD 20 allowance):

LEGO Marvel's Avengers Season Pass (sale for €5,99 from €9,99, current AUD translation of €5,99 is AUD 8,83)

Assassin's Creed III Season Pass (On sale for €7,99 from €29,99, current AUD translation of €7,99 is AUD 11,78)

ADDITIONAL CAVE-INS:

NON-PLUS GAMES OBTAINED FOR FREE:

traded: game from before event -> Ratchet & Clank -> Mirror's Edge Catalyst -> Star Wars Battlefront & Assassin's Creed Unity

traded: game from before event -> Witcher 3

traded: game from before event -> Far Cry Primal

GAMES PRE-ORDERED BEFORE STARTING EVENT:

No Man's Sky LE (paid €0 for it, completely bought by trading in other games)

South Park: The Fractured But Whole CE

Horizon Zero Dawn CE

BACKLOG AT 2016/08/01

PS4 12 games and 19 free games

PS3 10 games and 29 free games

VITA 0 games and 10 free games

SNES 22 games

CURRENT BACKLOG:

PS4 9 games and 18 free games   -4

PS3 10 games and 31 free games +2

VITA 0 games and 12 free games  +2

SNES 21 games                             -1

CURRENT EXPENSES:

€13,98 or AUD 20,61

• DLC: AUD 20 allowed with an overflow of AUD 0,61
  • additionally, spent €25 on PSN store credit, also had a few euros left on there before the event
  • of the expenses listed above, €13,98 was PSN store credit

LAST UPDATE:

2016/9/30

P.S. I really can't bring myself to game at the moment. Anyone thinking they know what backlog game I should play next can try to advise.

Edited by BillyHorrible

P.S. I really can't bring myself to game at the moment. Anyone thinking they know what backlog game I should play next can try to advise.

Just took a quick look through your backlog, here's my recommendations:

PS4:

• The Witcher 3: Haven't actually played it myself, but watched a full stream of the PC version and there's a TON of quests and things to do. Of the games you had listed for PS4 this is the best of them by far.
  • Star Wars Bounty Hunter: I remember playing this years ago at a friends place and not understanding what to do (I was about 10 at the time and my gaming skills weren't quite up to snuff yet) but I still enjoyed the bit I was able to figure out. Not sure what the trophies are like but if you're a Star Wars fan and like the idea of going around being a bounty hunter, give it a try.

PS3:

• Infamous: Great game, I totally recommend going through this one and then playing Infamous 2 as well. The only annoying part to this trophy-wise is the rockhound trophy for collecting all the shards, but beyond that it's no biggie.
  • Fallout 3: Another great RPG with hours upon hours of content to explore. The graphics might not have aged the best (haven't tried in years, and that was on a SD tv) and there's the regular amount of Bethesda bugs (although I don't recall encountering any) but it's hard to go wrong with this one.
  • Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon: If cheesy 80's references and neon dragons are your thing, then this is the game for you! It's the quickest of the bunch to finish (even with some kill grinding towards the end of the game it only took me 7.5 hours to 100%), but the jokes can get annoying if it's not your thing.

Don't have a Vita so I can't really recommend any of those games, I'd also recommend Sly Cooper 4 but only after going through the first 3

I've been avoiding this thread in shame :(

I caved and bought another PS3 ($60) and another copy of Razing Storm ($15) so I can self boost Razing Storm along with Destiny:  The Collection ($60) so my wife can play Destiny on the other PS4.  I still have yet to purchase the DLC for Hot Pursuit or the final one for Rocket League.

On the positive side, I did finish the Arcade mode for Razing Storm which just leaves Sentry mode and the remaining MP trophies.

Just took a quick look through your backlog, here's my recommendations:

PS4:

• The Witcher 3: Haven't actually played it myself, but watched a full stream of the PC version and there's a TON of quests and things to do. Of the games you had listed for PS4 this is the best of them by far.
  • Star Wars Bounty Hunter: I remember playing this years ago at a friends place and not understanding what to do (I was about 10 at the time and my gaming skills weren't quite up to snuff yet) but I still enjoyed the bit I was able to figure out. Not sure what the trophies are like but if you're a Star Wars fan and like the idea of going around being a bounty hunter, give it a try.

PS3:

• Infamous: Great game, I totally recommend going through this one and then playing Infamous 2 as well. The only annoying part to this trophy-wise is the rockhound trophy for collecting all the shards, but beyond that it's no biggie.
  • Fallout 3: Another great RPG with hours upon hours of content to explore. The graphics might not have aged the best (haven't tried in years, and that was on a SD tv) and there's the regular amount of Bethesda bugs (although I don't recall encountering any) but it's hard to go wrong with this one.
  • Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon: If cheesy 80's references and neon dragons are your thing, then this is the game for you! It's the quickest of the bunch to finish (even with some kill grinding towards the end of the game it only took me 7.5 hours to 100%), but the jokes can get annoying if it's not your thing.

Don't have a Vita so I can't really recommend any of those games, I'd also recommend Sly Cooper 4 but only after going through the first 3

You may have been just looking at the games on my card so here's the thread with my backlog.

Infamous: been trying for ages to get through it. The problem here may be that my first contact with the series was the PS4 stuff and this now just seems so slow... I'm not a completionist so I don't care about those shards.

Bounty Hunter: I've played the other three SW games but this one is definitely not why I bought the pack. May get to this at a later date though.

All the others are big(ish) wide open games and that's what I'm stuck on right now, I really should get back to Far Cry Primal but I don't have the drive right now. Don't think getting onto another big game is going to solve it at this point, I'd rather focus on a bit of short stuff first, or at least linear.

So, I finally gave in to the temptation and got myself PS+ for the first time in my life. Let's hope the following year of free games will make the purchase be worth it.

And in terms of Legion I've leveled my hunter to level 105 by now and started leveling a demon hunter, just to see how they feel. And man do they feel great, they're the ultimate movement class with damaging abilities that make you dash to the front, jump back, and dash to the front again. There's double jumps and they can even glide. Since those guys are so fun to play I think I'll level a demon hunter to level 110 when I'm done with my hunter and I might even make it my main if it's as fun on 110 as when they start out.

Ayyy me too. On both counts, in that I turned 20 a month ago and think counting your age and celebrating getting older is kind of depressing in a way. Happy birth thing!

Thanks, birthday depression buddy. :P  :highfive:

Since our events have basically started, you should have a few of those retro games to play. :D

If I get the time I might go through your backlog and suggest some things that you might like. I do want to get some progress on those retro games and Legion, though so it may or may not work out.

• Like 1

So, I finally gave in to the temptation and got myself PS+ for the first time in my life. Let's hope the following year of free games will make the purchase be worth it.

(...)

Since our events have basically started, you should have a few of those retro games to play. :D

If I get the time I might go through your backlog and suggest some things that you might like. I do want to get some progress on those retro games and Legion, though so it may or may not work out.

Welcome to the PS+ club! I basically just have PS+ for the "bonus" games and the occasional discount, I feel like it's very worth it for me.

I will have no trouble getting myself to boot up my SNES now, it's the current games I don't feel like playing at the moment. I'm getting the new Tomb Raider a week and a half from now which should put me back into gaming if nothing happens before that though.

Welcome to the PS+ club! I basically just have PS+ for the "bonus" games and the occasional discount, I feel like it's very worth it for me.

I will have no trouble getting myself to boot up my SNES now, it's the current games I don't feel like playing at the moment. I'm getting the new Tomb Raider a week and a half from now which should put me back into gaming if nothing happens before that though.

Thanks, I bet that purchase will pay off in the end. This month is already really great and I wouldn't be surprised if there were some other nice surprises throughout the year. For my part, I'll probably try Journey int he near future and I might give the PoP game a go, can't go wrong with some prince of persia. :)

Yeah, I'll probably play some more Legion and start my first retro game in a few days, which will be GTA: Liberty City Stories.

I've also taken a look at your backlog and I'd suggest the following games:

Dishonored - It's a game that my best friend never seems to shut up about, so it must be pretty good, right? :) From what I've heard it's a great game about murdering people with a linear story that still offers meaningful decisions since choosing the way you kill certain people may have an influence on the story. I've never been able to play it myself but it does look pretty good.

Super Meat Boy - My personal favorite platformer. It's a really hard platformer with some nice humor and a nice look. I just love the gamedesign choices of this title. It's incredibly hard and had me wasting hundreds of tries in the last few level but due to the short levels and instant respawn it never really feels that bad to die, even when it's your 257th try and you died to something stupid again. Just don't expect to get a plat in this game, it requires you to complete each world without dying between levels. Whoever managed to achieve that plat has probably lost their soul in the process.

Guacamelee - This one's supposed to be one of the Vita's best indie games, so it can't be that bad. Don't know much else about the game but it looks fun.

What's up, I'm still alive. I've been so busy lately, but now that I'm nice and sick I figured I have some free time to update.

CURRENTLY CLEANING UP / PLAYING

Mirror's Edge Catalyst (PS4)

Badland (PS Vita)

THINGS I’M PROBABLY GONNA BUY

BF: Hardline on sale $4

HOW MUCH STUFF I’VE COMPLETED BECAUSE OF THIS EVENT

Rocket League (PS4) - 64% 40-platinum.png

Unit 13 (PS Vita) - 100% 40-platinum.png

Sound Shapes (PS Vita) - 38% 40-platinum.png

Guacamelee (PS Vita) -  72% 40-platinum.png

HOW MUCH PAIN MY WALLET IS IN

Mirror's Edge Catalyst: $42.59

HOW MUCH PAIN MY WALLET IS IN: DLC EDITION

Batman: Arkham Knight Season Pass: $9.99

TOTAL EXPENDITURES

$52.58

STARTING STATISTICS

Trophy Level 21 (62%)

Trophies 4053

Platinums 32

Average completion 44.09%

I bought DI 2 day one (Spider-Man was in it, I had to) and aside from regretting the cost, as it was 10 bucks everywhere a couple months later, I enjoyed it. It was far from great and if you're buying it for any reason other than a huge Spidey boner it's not worth much more than 10 bucks, but as a Spidey game it was one of the better ones all things considered. I'm playing through DI 3 here and there a little bit at the moment and it's more of the same, which shouldn't be a surprise, but just a heads up that if you thought 2.0 was a good game that could use a bit of fixing up, well, 3.0 doesn't really fix anything up. Unless you count adding Star Wars as a fix, which, I mean, it kind of is. I find your lack of faith disturbing.

The Spidey figure got delayed until after I'd beaten the game, sadly. I'll probably be keeping an eye out for a cheap copy of 3, though, and use him in that as much as it'll let me. Have to say, though, of the ones I've played (none on PS2), Amazing Spider-Man was probably my favorite. Really fun, wish the sequel hadn't added those ridiculous timed missions. Shattered Dimensions was great too, I just didn't want to deal with the speedruns...

Star Wars is not a fix when it's replacing superheroes~

Games Played:

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth [PC]

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood [PS3]

Dragonvale [Android]

Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One [PS3] - 10% ➝ 42%

Games Beaten:

*The Sims 3: Pets [PS3] - 0% 98%

*Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves [PS3] - 79% 98%

Bathory: The Bloody Countess [Android] - 0% ➝ 91% (glitched)

*Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault [PS3] - 35% ➝ 57% ➝ 98%

*Disney Infinity 2.0 [PS3] - 0% ➝ 97%

Myths of the World: Spirit Wolf [Android]

Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires [PS3/rental] - 0% ➝ 100%

Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham [PSTV/rental] - 0% ➝ 61%

Pick-ups:

1. Pokemon Sun or Moon [3DS]

2. Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth [PSTV]

DLC ($20):

$4.94 - Dragon Age Inquisition: Jaws of Hakkon

Dem fails:

$1.06 - One month of Gamefly rentals

Free stuff/PS+:

Great Secrets: Da Vinci [PC]

Normality [PC]

Shadow Warrior Classic [PC]

Forgotten Books: The Enchanted Crown + Myths of the World: Spirit Wolf + Bathory: The Bloody Countess + Revenge of the Spirit: Rite of Resurrection [Android]

Pure Pool [PC]

Goocubelets 2 [PC]

Lexica [PC]

The Crew [PC]

Disney Infinity 2.0 [PS3/gift]

Myths of the Spirit Wolf: bad point & click. Only plus was pretty backgrounds.

All 4 One had been sitting on the second level for nearly a year now. Personally, I don't think this game has a ton to offer in single-player, though I imagine it's pretty fun with a group. Originally picked it up to have a variety of co-op titles for the rare time my sister's over and wants to play something, but she doesn't seem to be interested in this one.

Picked it back up and made a good bit of progress, though I still haven't beaten it. Certainly not a bad game, just a bit bland and very homicidal alone. Clank has been responsible for about 80% of my deaths.  :facepalm:

I wasn't expecting to have so much fun with Dynasty Warriors, but running around slicing things to bits was a blast. Love that they let you make a custom character so you can get an appearance/voice/weapon combination you enjoy! Empire mode is a little odd and seems like it could use some polish, but it could be I just didn't fully grasp the best way to play it. I may or may not have taken over a new territory nearly every turn when I was cleaning up the last few points needed... :awesome:

Oddly, this one doesn't seem to have mixed combos. Maybe that just came later; I've only played Pirate Warriors 2 and 3 before.

Lego Batman 3: meh. Not sure why they decided it was a good idea to swap around personalities for the majority of the game, but it made most of the characters unlikable at best and grating at worst. I've had more characters get stuck with this one than any other I've played, though that beats crashing. Otherwise... well, it's a Lego game.  :dunno:

I'll get back to it sometime today and try for the plat.

I'm still up for AC III, haven't touched the MP for awhile since I've been working on the story as of late. Pretty much anytime on the weekend works for me, I'm in class during the week so if you wanted to do it then it'd depend on the timing. How bad are AC IV's MP trophies? I have it for PS4 as well but haven't started it yet, don't think I even have enough space to install it at the moment.

Sorry, I completely missed this post. Last few days have been chaos for me. I added you to the conversation about the AC games.

Black Flag is one big grind, could be done entirely on your own, might be more bearable to do a bit together. I just want to do that one because after AC III, that's the last one I still have to do multiplayer on now that I can do the two Ezios with multiplayer, without multiplayer on PS4.

Edited by BillyHorrible