Project Guide Creation V2.0

Man, writing a guide of VLR is weird. Like it has a flowchart, but because of the story locks and all that's its technically kind of linear? I am writing a puzzle room guide to go with it, but even then "yay you got out of the room! Now go watch everyone you love die in the name of 100% completion" 

DAMN YOU!!!!!!!!!! Now I'm intrigued. I swear, the next time you start a new event or come up with a trophy list, I"m just going to disconnect my internet and avoid checking PSNP for several days. I can't resist your tricks.  :shakefist:

By the way, saying the list isn't nearly as sadistic as Let's Play SO4 isn't a very reassuring endorsement. That's like saying it's not as painful as being burned alive or having your fingernails and teeth ripped out. That might be true, but there are all kinds of levels of pain below SO4 that I'd rather not experience.  :P

Are you going to give us any hints? At first glance I recognize some of the references but it's going to take some thinking for me to figure out what they mean when it comes to guides or trophies for the thread. 

Looks like it's working :awesome:. In that case I'll send you a message on PSN :P.

See, you're already starting to read between the lines and figured something out, well done :yay:. Participating in those previous events honed those skills :awesome:. Btw that new year's giveaway wasn't so bad, right?

Yeah, I'll definitely give hints whenever I feel like someone earned it. Have fun trying :D

Man, writing a guide of VLR is weird. Like it has a flowchart, but because of the story locks and all that's its technically kind of linear? I am writing a puzzle room guide to go with it, but even then "yay you got out of the room! Now go watch everyone you love die in the name of 100% completion" 

Yeah, some things are linear in VLR, but other routes can be done at any time. 

Also for a game like VLR I recommend to leave out as many spoilers as possible. 

• Like 1

Has anyone noticed when editing the guide description, if you use more than 245~ characters (the limit is 250 according to the character counter), it cuts the last few characters off?
I've had to rewrite my descriptions a couple times due to using over 245 characters; e.g. once it saves it comes back to a missing punctuation mark and a missing letter from the last word.

Or do we just wait for that site rewrite? :drool:

[Editor's note: :drool: is not a official smiley character. Please choose a smiley by clicking the :) icon]

Has anyone noticed when editing the guide description, if you use more than 245~ characters (the limit is 250 according to the character counter), it cuts the last few characters off?

I've had to rewrite my descriptions a couple times due to using over 245 characters; e.g. once it saves it comes back to a missing punctuation mark and a missing letter from the last word.

Or do we just wait for that site rewrite? :drool:

[Editor's note: :drool: is not a official smiley character. Please choose a smiley by clicking the :) icon]

I noticed that happens when using more than 250 characters, but not when staying under the limit.

I told you it's going to be bad writing a guide for that =D

Only when I went over the actual limit.

Patch 1.02 has just been released. It offers a new storyline about a mysterious portal being opened in The Netherlands. New enemies are pouring out of the portal and are hell-bent on taking over the Earth. The seabears, submariners, lombaxes, stalkers, zeldas, wolfs, and dragons must unite to beat this threat. Raid Bosses have been upgraded with new attacks and got a stat boost, Original Sword Skills have been added, Mango got his sniper rifle, and Raid Boss fights now have an awesome background ost:

Oh, Dragon. Did you not foresee the effects of giving an OSS to a dual wielder? You essentially just gave me the ability to one-hit you. :D

You also forgot to remove the Log out button.

Also, since you mentioned something special there, let me be the first one to assemble their part of the army to stop your draconic sadism:

Zeldas assemble! (Including a spoiler for WindWaker and Ocarina of Time)

team_zelda_by_tloz_freack123-d5g2g9h.png

And since your choice of soundtrack for the boss fights does not include this, we should be fairly safe.

To commemorate this, there's also a new trophy list. Do you think you can survive this brutal challenge? 

1. :hidden: - He Went Easy On Us 0/30
  2. :hidden: - Completionist
  3. :hidden: - Flawless Victory
  4. :hidden: - Perfect Winning Streak
  5. :hidden: - Scarred for Life
  6. :hidden: - Yeah, I Actually Went There
  7. :hidden: - Dragon Clan
  8. :hidden: - Drake
  9. :hidden: - Annie May
  10. :hidden: - Recuit A Whelpling 
  11. :hidden: - Rocket Propelled Grenades???
  12. :hidden: - Loot!
  13. :hidden: - Treasure!
  14. :hidden: - Dovahkiin
  15. :hidden: - That's Impossible!
  16. :hidden: - So It's Ultra Ultra Rare?
  17. :hidden: - We May Need a New Rarity
  18. :hidden: - We Love DLCs
  19. :hidden: - Who Needs a Plat
  20. :hidden: - Raid Boss Vs Raid Boss
  21. :hidden: - Guide Novice
  22. :hidden: - Guide Adept
  23. :hidden: - Guide Master
  24. :hidden: - Godly Wolf From The Death Village
  25. :hidden: - Demonic Triforce
  26. :hidden: - Lombax Praetorian
  27. :hidden: - Royal Jester
  28. :hidden: - Master Stalker
  29. :hidden: - Demon Lord
  30. :hidden: - Meteor Vortex

Oh my, that number 25 really piques my interest. There's quite a few ideas I have right now for this and the other trophies but I'm thinking that we won't get most of these anytime soon if my assumptions are correct.

To trophy number 10: I actually have a little dragon whelpling in World of Warcraft, if that helps. :P But I also have big dragons there. My favorites are the netherwing drakes, which come in a variety of shimmering color sets.

And then there's number 14. Well, let's set the mood for that one first:

And here are some lyrics to sing along:

Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin

naal ok zin los vahriin

wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal!

Ahrk fin norok paal graan

fod nust hon zindro zaan

Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!

Huzrah nu, kul do od, wah aan bok lingrah vod

Aahrk fin tey, boziik fun, do fin gein!

Wo lost fron wah ney dov

ahrk fin reyliik do jul

voth aan suleyk wah ronit faal krein!

Ahrk fin Kel lost prodah,

do ved viing ko fin krah,

Tol fod zeymah win kein meyz fuundein!

Alduin, feyn do jun,

kruziik vokun staadnau,

voth aan bahlok wah diivon fin lein!

Nuz aan sul, fent alok,

fod fin vul dovah nok,

fen kos nahlot mahfaeraak ahrk ruz!

Paaz Keizaal fen kos stin nol bein Alduin jot!

Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin

naal ok zin los vahriin

wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal!

Ahrk fin norok paal graan

fod nust hon zindro zaan

Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!

Now that the mood as set let's get to the real thing:

Fus-Ro-Dah-unrelenting-force-shout.jpg

FUS RO DAH!

At least I guess it's either that or writing a guide for Skyrim, who knows... :P

Also, Satoshi is probably pretty happy about all the despair you are spreading. :D

Edited by xFalionx
  • Like 1

Oh, Dragon. Did you not foresee the effects of giving an OSS to a dual wielder? You essentially just gave me the ability to one-hit you. :D

Don't worry, I already predicted that. There's no dual-wielding anymore and Raid Bosses can also use OSS combos :awesome:.

Also, Satoshi is probably pretty happy about all the despair you are spreading. :D

I hope so, it took a while to come up with the trophies.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

I completely forgot about this one.

There's no Hyper Armor or PRT Guard, those were removed too.

I don't need that, as long as I dodge your breath attacks I can just use Shiny Hollow. That usually lasts longer than those 2 spells anyways. :P

It's in the official patch notes :awesome:.

I'll only believe that once that change log is in the main post. ;)

Edited by xFalionx

Still doable with Shiny Hollow.

Plus, dragons have low defense, no need to worry.

The patch also upgraded the Raid Boss stats ;).

And I'll make sure to dodge behind you and use interrupting attacks, good bye OSS.  :devil:

Feel free to try, though it might take a while dodge behind a large dragon :awesome:.

Aaaannnddd.... we're doomed.

You say that, but you're the first one to unlock a trophy from the new DLC pack. Your Nightmare from the Deep walkthrough guide has been approved. I'm keeping it in the Review Queue until the main guide has been submitted, so those can be published as a pair. For that you've unlocked: 

LL8LvY6.png Flawless Victory - (Defeat the Guide Team Raid Boss on the first try by getting your guide published without having it sent back for revisions) Earned by zadorvp on August 11th 2016

:hidden: - Perfect Winning Streak is now at 1/10. :ninja:

• Like 1

:hidden: - Recuit A Whelpling 

So, this inspired me to update WoW, log into one of my alts (since I don't have an active subscription I can only play characters under or at level 20) and post my dragon collection.

There might also be a spelling error in this trophy since I'm not sure how someone were to recuit a whelpling.

I'm totally aware that this might not unlock anything at all but who cares, I like to show off my pets and mounts and this is the perfect opportunity for that. :P

First the little pet dragons that I've come across in my adventures:

To start off here we have my actual Whelplings:

b7pejhn.jpg

6cBfUKG.jpg

GEXKGna.jpg

I've even got a chinese robo-dragon. :D

wRFjhw2.jpg

And if you wanna count those as well, here are my Dragonhawks:

NfyxmXH.jpg

r57zWqs.jpg

caJ6B17.jpg

tKVgEVh.jpg

And finally, the most epic tiny dragon of all of them, Lil' Deathwing:

UM7wblc.jpg

Those were all of my little dragon minions.

Now for the real deal: the actual flying dragon mounts. Can't show the flying animation, though since you can't fly before level 60 and that's not reachable without an active subscription.

To start of we have my favorite dragon of them all, the Onyx Netherwing Drake. (I won't be posting multiple colors of the same dragon species since that would make this post like 6 times as long.)

o6cgUpF.jpg

And one more of that guy looking really ferocious:

3FwAATC.jpg

And here's my other dragons. I even have one that's albino. :D

1Vkg6jQ.jpg

xm2x4qj.jpg

E7VFwcM.jpg

zoj7GKv.jpg

Now a real one of those Asian dragons, which is ridable. :D

dGDFCcR.jpg

And also a large Dragonhawk:

OyptEVf.jpg

And while this one is a raven, it uses the model of a Proto-Drake and it looks pretty cool:

8hKE3MH.jpg

And lastly this Dragon Turtle. :P

v3UKIZJ.jpg

And as a little surprise: Here's the original Falion, the first one to ever exist. Look at his handsome appearance and gear!

8UpHdez.jpg

Too bad I abandoned that guy, when I switched realms. The armor you see there is a typical case of leveling gear, which used to look even worse back then than it looks now. :D

Edited by xFalionx
  • Like 3

So, this inspired me to update WoW, log into one of my alts (since I don't have an active subscription I can only play characters under or at level 20) and post my dragon collection.

There might also be a spelling error in this trophy since I'm not sure how someone were to recuit a whelpling.

I'm totally aware that this might not unlock anything at all but who cares, I like to show off my pets and mounts and this is the perfect opportunity for that. :P

b7pejhn.jpg

6cBfUKG.jpg

GEXKGna.jpg

wRFjhw2.jpg

NfyxmXH.jpg

r57zWqs.jpg

caJ6B17.jpg

tKVgEVh.jpg

UM7wblc.jpg

Now for the real deal: the actual flying dragon mounts. Can't show the flying animation, though since you can't fly before level 60 and that's not reachable without an active subscription.

To start of we have my favorite dragon of them all, the Onyx Netherwing Drake. (I won't be posting multiple colors of the same dragon species since that would make this post like 6 times as long.)

o6cgUpF.jpg

3FwAATC.jpg

1Vkg6jQ.jpg

xm2x4qj.jpg

E7VFwcM.jpg

zoj7GKv.jpg

dGDFCcR.jpg

OyptEVf.jpg

And while this one is a raven, it uses the model of a Proto-Drake and it looks pretty cool:

8hKE3MH.jpg

v3UKIZJ.jpg

And as a little surprise: Here's the original Falion, the first one to ever exist. Look at his handsome appearance and gear!

8UpHdez.jpg

Too bad I abandoned that guy, when I switched realms. The armor you see there is a typical case of leveling gear, which used to look even worse back then than it looks now. :D

Those are a lot of dragons :o. For all your effort I'm going to change the requirement a bit and unlock:

LL8LvY6.png Loot! - Post an image of a dragon guarding a treasure. This will now become: LL8LvY6.png Loot! - (Post an image of a dragon) Earned by xFalionx on August 11th 2016.

You also came close to unlocking  :hidden: - Demonic Triforce :ninja:.

• Like 2

While playing No Man's Sky I got lost in a cave for about 2 hours. it was crazy because I would destroy all the resources to make sure I wasn't back tracking into dead ends and I swear to god the thing went on forever, anyways! I see Dragon has already stirred the place up, so that's nice  :D

That's already changing the rules, invalided :awesome:

What else did you expect?

You say that, but you're the first one to unlock a trophy from the new DLC pack. Your Nightmare from the Deep walkthrough guide has been approved. I'm keeping it in the Review Queue until the main guide has been submitted, so those can be published as a pair. For that you've unlocked: 

LL8LvY6.png Flawless Victory - (Defeat the Guide Team Raid Boss on the first try by getting your guide published without having it sent back for revisions) Earned by zadorvp on August 11th 2016

:hidden: - Perfect Winning Streak is now at 1/10. :ninja:

Nice! Good job zadorvp for your first Blood Trophy, or whatever we are calling these. Flame Trophies? Red Cups? 

That's awesome dude. Gathering pets and mounts was the only reason I was playing after a certain point :D.

I almost want to play again because my employees were telling me about augmented gear and the ability to do any raid by yourself from I think Cataclysm down? When I played, which was for about 6 years, doing the older content was what I loved doing. 

Those are a lot of dragons :o. For all your effort I'm going to change the requirement a bit and unlock:

LL8LvY6.png Loot! - Post an image of a dragon guarding a treasure. This will now become: LL8LvY6.png Loot! - (Post an image of a dragon) Earned by xFalionx on August 11th 2016.

You also came close to unlocking  :hidden: - Demonic Triforce  :ninja:.

2 in one day? Dragon, are you going a little too easy on them?

We now have 45 trophies! Which I calculated is out of 96, so far.... We are now level 9!

• Like 3

What else did you expect?

Proper rules explained from the start :awesome:

We now have 45 trophies! Which I calculated is out of 96, so far.... We are now level 9!

Oh no, too early!

b7pejhn.jpg

6cBfUKG.jpg

GEXKGna.jpg

wRFjhw2.jpg

NfyxmXH.jpg

r57zWqs.jpg

caJ6B17.jpg

tKVgEVh.jpg

UM7wblc.jpg

o6cgUpF.jpg

3FwAATC.jpg

1Vkg6jQ.jpg

xm2x4qj.jpg

E7VFwcM.jpg

zoj7GKv.jpg

dGDFCcR.jpg

OyptEVf.jpg

8hKE3MH.jpg

v3UKIZJ.jpg

8UpHdez.jpg

Holy hell, that's a lot of dragons o.O