Project Guide Creation V2.0

Just finished reviewing the SC Evolution guide, that was a lot to read. I'm going to take a break before reviewing the gameplay guide.

Also I'd like to point out that tables with headers can be customized to have a special header row, header column, or both.

Wasn't it 0? :awesome:

No, it started at 1

Also I'd like to point out that tables with headers can be customized to have a special header row, header column, or both.

Yea, I realized that after finishing the tables.

I was too lazy to switch it. I'll use them in future.

Gameplay guide is just a bunch of tables, there's nothing much to review actually =D

No, it started at 1

But this in the OP. :awesome:

default 0 since there are 0 Vita games

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

Yea, I realized that after finishing the tables.

I was too lazy to switch it. I'll use them in future.

Gameplay guide is just a bunch of tables, there's nothing much to review actually =D

But this in the OP. :awesome:

default 0 since there are 0 Vita games

I still need to review it and check for things like plagiarism. The main guide had lots of missing words, like "the", "a", "an", so there's a good chance the gameplay guide has similar issues.

Please update the tables with headers. If you didn't know about it, then that would be fine, but purposely not doing it isn't ok.

I remember it being 1 the first time zadorvp posted the list.

I still need to review it and check for things like plagiarism. The main guide had lots of missing words, like "the", "a", "an", so there's a good chance the gameplay guide has similar issues.

Yea, articles are my bane.

Please update the tables with headers. If you didn't know about it, then that would be fine, but purposely not doing it isn't ok.

Okay, going to add them to the supplement guide.

EDIT: Done

I remember it being 1 the first time zadorvp posted the list.

Guess someone actually did a Vita guide =D

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

I updated the bank status

Qn0gkvH.png

No, y'all didn't make me go bankrupt but the college I am attending doesn't allow for monthly payments so I had to pay my tuition all in one go. I will still be giving membership to people who write a guide, but for now other prizes will be put on hold for at least a few paychecks.  :D

The trophy is currently at  :hidden: - Break the Piggy Bank - $145/???

Edited by NerdRage04
  • Like 1

Qn0gkvH.png

No, y'all didn't make me go bankrupt but the college I am attending doesn't allow for monthly payments so I had to pay my tuition all in one go. I will still be giving membership to people who write a guide, but for now other prizes will be put on hold for at least a few paychecks.  :D

I'm sorry to hear that. Still that's already one hell of a huge amount of money to give to strangers.  :o Thank you for your generosity. 

Though this won't keep me from making Dragon busy once that RFO guide is finally done. :P

I've almost got the platinum and I'm at about 50% in terms of guide text.

The last time I checked the word counter was spitting out about 6000 words, including the ones that were on the page by default, so I'm pretty sure that the guide will crack the 9000 mark once it's done. :D

Yea, articles are my bane.

Okay, going to add them to the supplement guide.

EDIT: Done

Ok, thanks. Published both guides. Have you considered moving all the tables for crafts, arts, quartz, recipes, fish, and treasure chests to the gameplay guide? That would clean up the main guide a lot.

Qn0gkvH.png

Damn, that sucks.

Also I'm pretty sure Satoshi unlocked a trophy for the Japanese guide and maybe for the word count too. I didn't bother counting them though :P.

Though this won't keep me from making Dragon busy once that RFO guide is finally done. :P

The last time I checked the word counter was spitting out about 6000 words, including the ones that were on the page by default, so I'm pretty sure that the guide will crack the 9000 mark once it's done. :D

Holy crap :jaymon:. I think it's time to use some vacation days ... soon :awesome:.

• Like 1

Holy crap :jaymon:. I think it's time to use some vacation days ... soon :awesome:.

Well, turns out that when literally 90% of the trophies are grind trophies, writing and reviewing the guide ends up also being a grind. :D

Especially since the main goal of the guide is the user not having to look up anything relevant to the plat.

That's the beauty of a Harvest Moon game combined with a JRPG.  :lol: You get those intricate relationships to level in way more ways than SAO affection grinding with way more characters and battle mechanics for multiple battle systems and so on. Then there's also coverage for money, which is a huge factor in quality and speed of crafting, which is also needed for a trophy. And since there's literally anything you could think of doing in this game which can earn you money (fighting, agriculture, fishing, questing, livestock, glitch abusing, and so on) there's a lot to write about. :)

Kind of crazy for me to chose this game as my first guide, but at least MMDE is helping out. :D

Also, I just checked after writing the roadmap and some of the longer trophies the counter is now at ~8000 words. And I'm still missing the longest trophy, the hardest trophy and anything related to gameplay (like the afforementioned money making methods). So yeah, you should request some of your 10000 dragons who are currently swiping the SV thread to help you out with that once it's done. :P

Edited by xFalionx

Well, turns out that when literally 90% of the trophies are grind trophies, writing and reviewing the guide ends up also being a grind. :D

Especially since the main goal of the guide is the user not having to look up anything relevant to the plat.

That's the beauty of a Harvest Moon game combined with a JRPG.  :lol: You get those intricate relationships to level in way more ways than SAO affection grinding with way more characters and battle mechanics for multiple battle systems and so on. Then there's also coverage for money, which is a huge factor in quality and speed of crafting, which is also needed for a trophy. And since there's literally anything you could think of doing in this game which can earn you money (fighting, agriculture, fishing, questing, livestock, glitch abusing, and so on) there's a lot to write about. :)

Kind of crazy for me to chose this game as my first guide, but at least MMDE is helping out. :D

Also, I just checked after writing the roadmap and some of the longer trophies the counter is now at ~8000 words. And I'm still missing the longest trophy, the hardest trophy and anything related to gameplay (like the afforementioned money making methods). So yeah, you should request some of you 10000 dragons who are currently swiping the SV thread to help you out with that once it's done. :P

Wow, sounds like a lot of things to include :o. Good luck with it. In the meantime I'm going to tell those dragons to stop cleaning the SV thread and get back ASAP.

*looks at Satoshi Ookami's two new Vita guides*

Bu-bu-but Vita games don't exist and the VIT stat is only at 2 D:

You want to borrow this?

1285530430046_Genie_Lamp.jpg

• Like 2

Is the word count site even valid? =D

I... got 21k words.

No way it could have freaking over 20k words o.O

*looks at Satoshi Ookami's two new Vita guides*

Bu-bu-but Vita games don't exist and the VIT stat is only at 2 D:

Buhehehehehehehehe.

I'm pretty sure everyone who knows Rune Factory expected that xD

Ok, thanks. Published both guides. Have you considered moving all the tables for crafts, arts, quartz, recipes, fish, and treasure chests to the gameplay guide? That would clean up the main guide a lot.

Um... dunno... the actual texts are pretty small in those...

Plus, FC had them in the main guide so I would like to leave at least these in the main guide =D

Not to mention, it would make the supplement guide too big xD

• Like 1

Is the word count site even valid? =D

I... got 21k words.

No way it could have freaking over 20k words o.O

Um... dunno... the actual texts are pretty small in those...

Plus, FC had them in the main guide so I would like to leave at least these in the main guide =D

Not to mention, it would make the supplement guide too big xD

I did a word count for the Dragon Age Inquisition guide and according to the site there are 28,134 words :|. I'm pretty sure it also counts the words from the trophies and trophy requirements.

I didn't mean the text, just the tables.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

I did a word count for the Dragon Age Inquisition guide and according to the site there are 28,134 words :|. I'm pretty sure it also counts the words from the trophies and trophy requirements also count.

And those requirements are in English in your guide xD

I didn't mean the text, just the tables.

Yea, I know that. As I said, FC had it in the main guide so I would like to leave it there :)

So I did a test for the word count using the Mass Effect 2 Arrival DLC guide. According to the word count site, there are 1,628 words. I copied everything (using the CTRL + A keys) to a Word document and the word count there said 1,663. After copying only the actual written text, the word count was 1,376.

So I did a test for the word count using the Mass Effect 2 Arrival DLC guide. According to the word count site, there are 1,628 words. I copied everything (using the CTRL + A keys) to a Word document and the word count there said 1,663. After copying only the actual written text, the word count was 1,376.

Yeah, the criteria for the counting algorhythm might be different, meaning that maybe numbers or small words like "a" , "the" or "it" might count as a word in 1 program while not counting in the other.

Also, I'd say they are pretty accurate if you copy the text without the additional trophy names, requirements, and other things along those lines.

So... +- ~500 words but the counter is actually exact?

Wow... I actually threw 20k words in one guide.

Yeah, the criteria for the counting algorhythm might be different, meaning that maybe numbers or small words like "a" , "the" or "it" might count as a word in 1 program while not counting in the other.

Also, I'd say they are pretty accurate if you copy the text without the additional trophy names, requirements, and other things along those lines.

Small words count too, the site even mentions how often those words are used :lol:.

So... +- ~500 words but the counter is actually exact?

Wow... I actually threw 20k words in one guide.

Seems like it.

Nice job on your guide Satoshi! Here are some trophies for you  :D

:bronze: - Is this even English? (Create a guide for a non English game) Earned by Satoshi Ookami on August 3rd 2016!

:bronze: - A quick read (Create a guide with 5000 for less words) Earned by Satoshi Ookami on August 3rd 2016!

:bronze: - A book series (Create a guide with 10,000 or more words) Earned by Satoshi Ookami on August 2016!

3 in 1! Too bad there wasn't a trophy for that!  :o 

You progressed the following trophies!

:hidden: - Stone Tablet 25.5K/???

:hidden: - 1680 Hours of Summer - @938 hours and some minutes

Other Trophies!

:silver: - Stop looking at me! (The thread has reached over 10,000 views) Earned by PSNP on August 4th 2016!

Now we are level 9!! 2 levels in one update! WOW!  

Time to put 5 points in VIT :awesome:.

We can't... xDDDD

Not enough non existing games :awesome:

Nice job on your guide Satoshi! Here are some trophies for you  :D

:bronze: - Is this even English? (Create a guide for a non English game) Earned by Satoshi Ookami on August 3rd 2016!

:bronze: - A quick read (Create a guide with 5000 for less words) Earned by Satoshi Ookami on August 3rd 2016!

:bronze: - A book series (Create a guide with 10,000 or more words) Earned by Satoshi Ookami on August 2016!

Wohoo, I rule :awesome:

This should have been gold :awesome:

Also... anyone else think this trophy was made for me? :awesome:

:hidden: - 1680 Hours of Summer - @938 hours and some minutes

Um... guess:

The time to completion for guides we write in summer reaches 1680 hours? 

I hope we won't miss it, considering it could be time-related :awesome: