Project Guide Creation V2.0

Um... guess:

The time to completion for guides we write in summer reaches 1680 hours? 

I hope we won't miss it, considering it could be time-related :awesome:

I'm thinking the same but I don't think we'll miss it since RFO will give it a nice boost and then there's gonna be like 550 hours left, which is only a third of the goal. 

But it might depend on when exactly summer is ending. I'm too lazy to look it up right now. :P

Also, I just got my nice Rune Factory Oceans platinum. :D

Only took me a little over 200 hours to complete the game and take some pictures that might be used in the guide.  :lol:

But I've still gotta replay the first few hours of the game to clear up some story related stuff. :P

Anyways, this means I can fully focus on writing now and the guide will probably be done before next week.

I'm thinking the same but I don't think we'll miss it since RFO will give it a nice boost and then there's gonna be like 550 hours left, which is only a third of the goal. 

But it might depend on when exactly summer is ending. I'm too lazy to look it up right now. :P

Since 1680 is 70 days, I guess sometimes in September? :D

Also, I just got my nice Rune Factory Oceans platinum. :D

Wooo, congrats. 

Guess I have something to look forward xD (Yea, I have the game xDD)

Only took me a little over 200 hours to complete the game and take some pictures that might be used in the guide.  :lol:

But I've still gotta replay the first few hours of the game to clear up some story related stuff. :P

Anyways, this means I can fully focus on writing now and the guide will probably be done before next week.

200 hours? Very nice contribution :awesome:

Also, now I feel that everyone will start writing uber hours guides just to get the trophy xDDD

Since 1680 is 70 days, I guess sometimes in September? :D

Wooo, congrats. 

Guess I have something to look forward xD (Yea, I have the game xDD)

200 hours? Very nice contribution :awesome:

Also, now I feel that everyone will start writing uber hours guides just to get the trophy xDDD

That time guess could very well be true.

Thanks, you're gonna have some good fun with this game and the grindy trophies aren't even that bad. :D

And I bet I can 100% predict the girl you are gonna marry.  :lol: At least if you get that far since marriage is not required for the plat and takes a lot of time after the story has been completed. 

Edit: The only thing that's wrong with the game is that you can't select the original Japanese dub... But there's not that much spoken dialog anyways...

It's more likely to be like 140 hours, since that's the middle between a speedrun and a leisurely paced run to get your full dose of fun fromt he game. :P

I guess writing lots of small guides would be better since that would also work towards the guide count trophy. Gotta think efficiently.   ;)

Edited by xFalionx

Nice job on your guide Satoshi! Here are some trophies for you  :D

:bronze: - Is this even English? (Create a guide for a non English game) Earned by Satoshi Ookami on August 3rd 2016!

:bronze: - A quick read (Create a guide with 5000 for less words) Earned by Satoshi Ookami on August 3rd 2016!

:bronze: - A book series (Create a guide with 10,000 or more words) Earned by Satoshi Ookami on August 2016!

3 in 1! Too bad there wasn't a trophy for that!  :o 

You progressed the following trophies!

:hidden: - Stone Tablet 25.5K/???

:hidden: - 1680 Hours of Summer - @938 hours and some minutes

Other Trophies!

:silver: - Stop looking at me! (The thread has reached over 10,000 views) Earned by PSNP on August 4th 2016!

Now we are level 9!! 2 levels in one update! WOW!  

Isn't 40 trophies only level 8 though? My earlier "level up" was a mistake :P

Edit: The only thing that's wrong with the game is that you can't select the original Japanese dub... But there's not that much spoken dialog anyways...

Yea, I know that. Seriously, almost all old PS3 games were like this...

Why couldn't localization companies realize the proper voices must be included earlier :/

And I bet I can 100% predict the girl you are gonna marry.  :lol:

Oh no, how could you know my Violet :awesome:

• Like 1

Aaaaaaaaaanyway, before anyone else. :awesome:

VIT+2

ACC+2

SPR+1

Next time we need to upgrade VIT :awesome: CON and SPD to 12 as well =D 

Also, we need a new stat, WEB (weebness factor :awesome:)

VIT increased to 4 (how is this possible!?)

ACC increased to 12!

SPR increased to 12!

VIT (Vita games - how many guides we'll be able to make for Vita games; default 0 since there are 0 Vita games) - currently at 4 somehow OVER MAX

DEF (Definitive Edition Trophy Guides - how many guides for games with "Definitive Edition" in the name we could potentially make) - currently at 5 MAX

CON (Concert - how many times we can act in concert/work together to collaborate on guides) - currently at 10

ACC (Accuracy - how accurate our guide information can be) - currently at 12

STR (Strategy - how detailed and in-depth the guide information can be) - currently at 12

MAG (Magnificence - how high the quality of our guides can be) - currently at 12

SPR (Sprucing - how grammatically correct, organized, etc our guides can be) - currently at 12

SPD (Speed - how high the speed of our guide output can be; Note: should be equally balanced with at least Acc, Mag, and Spr as often as possible to avoid being sent back for revisions) - currently at 10

EVA (Evaluation - how high the effectiveness, speed, focus, and professionalism of the Guide Team can be) - currently at 255 MAX

LUCK (Luck - getting your guide attention from a lucky PlayStation + inclusion or other relevant occurence) - currently at 777 MAX but always does a RNG check

• Like 1

Well I've looked at this briefly and I've finally made the decision that I want to participate so I can get motivation to make more trophy guides for the games I play. I've had a handful of trophy guides that I started but never finished like Killzone Mercenary,  Duke Nukem 3D, Tales of Hearts R, J-Stars Victory VS+ and Super Star Wars. The problem I have with that is those almost make half of the guides I have actually finished so I'm hoping that when I join I get more motivation and help with my guides so another one doesn't get sent to the graveyard.

This event motivated me to finish my most recent guide despite being the slowest and least fun guide I've worked on but this event made me determined to finish it and not ditch it. Once I finish Lego Star Wars, I'm gonna play Gal Gun Double Peace and I plan on making a guide for that to.

ACC increased to 12!

SPR increased to 12!

VIT (Vita games - how many guides we'll be able to make for Vita games; default 0 since there are 0 Vita games) - currently at 4 somehow OVER MAX

DEF (Definitive Edition Trophy Guides - how many guides for games with "Definitive Edition" in the name we could potentially make) - currently at 5 MAX

CON (Concert - how many times we can act in concert/work together to collaborate on guides) - currently at 10

STR (Strategy - how detailed and in-depth the guide information can be) - currently at 12

MAG (Magnificence - how high the quality of our guides can be) - currently at 12

SPR (Sprucing - how grammatically correct, organized, etc our guides can be) - currently at 12

SPD (Speed - how high the speed of our guide output can be; Note: should be equally balanced with at least Acc, Mag, and Spr as often as possible to avoid being sent back for revisions) - currently at 10

EVA (Evaluation - how high the effectiveness, speed, focus, and professionalism of the Guide Team can be) - currently at 255 MAX

LUCK (Luck - getting your guide attention from a lucky PlayStation + inclusion or other relevant occurence) - currently at 777 MAX but always does a RNG check

The 5 points for VIT was completely ignored :|.

The 5 points for VIT was completely ignored :|.

Satoshi Ookami already gave a good reply to that one:

We all know that was an unreasonable request :awesome:

I have also secretly enabled the Anti-Genie System to prevent outside tampering with genie lamps.

Well I've looked at this briefly and I've finally made the decision that I want to participate so I can get motivation to make more trophy guides for the games I play. I've had a handful of trophy guides that I started but never finished like Killzone Mercenary,  Duke Nukem 3D, Tales of Hearts R, J-Stars Victory VS+ and Super Star Wars. The problem I have with that is those almost make half of the guides I have actually finished so I'm hoping that when I join I get more motivation and help with my guides so another one doesn't get sent to the graveyard.

This event motivated me to finish my most recent guide despite being the slowest and least fun guide I've worked on but this event made me determined to finish it and not ditch it. Once I finish Lego Star Wars, I'm gonna play Gal Gun Double Peace and I plan on making a guide for that to.

Good to hear you're (possibly) getting more motivation out of joining and hopefully you won't have to bury any more guides-in-progress ^^ Good luck with the Gal Gun guide!

Oho! Another Vita!

My godly power!

• Like 2

My Borderlands guide should be finished up this weekend, but i had a quick question, i'm having trouble embedding a video. I've already embedded one video and it looks great and works great, but i went to use one more and it won't show up.

When i'm editing the guide it says that "an embedded youtube video will appear here" but when i save and exit the "edit" mode, it doesn't appear. Idk if i'm just dumb and missing something but the first video worked fine, and now i can't get this one to work. The only computer i have currently is a Google Chromebook so maybe that has something to do with it?

On a side note, didn't i see someone post that they were gonna do a Battleborn guide? But i don't see them on the participants list, did they give up on it? I was hoping to take advantage of that one.

I was thinking of making a FarCry 2 or a Dead Space 2 trophy guide, but my motivation is low at the moment. So I was wondering, since I saw a sad face in the first post in the rewards sector, will I get at least a premium membership as promised? Kinda rude question but it's something I would like to know. Thanks.

When i'm editing the guide it says that "an embedded youtube video will appear here" but when i save and exit the "edit" mode, it doesn't appear. Idk if i'm just dumb and missing something but the first video worked fine, and now i can't get this one to work. The only computer i have currently is a Google Chromebook so maybe that has something to do with it?

Somehow after editing a trophy it seems like the video disappeared. The video will appear once you reload the page. 

I was thinking of making a FarCry 2 or a Dead Space 2 trophy guide, but my motivation is low at the moment. So I was wondering, since I saw a sad face in the first post in the rewards sector, will I get at least a premium membership as promised? Kinda rude question but it's something I would like to know. Thanks.

NerdRage said that while there won't be anymore trophy prizes in the near future, he still gives out premium memberships. That's how nice this guy is.

• Like 1

ACC increased to 12!

SPR increased to 12!

I'll update the OP

Good luck! I'll add you to the participants list  :D

Premium gravy is still okay. I haven't had to give them out as often as I did when the event started.  :dance:

Do you still wish to join?

NerdRage said that while there won't be anymore trophy prizes in the near future, he still gives out premium memberships. That's how nice this guy is.

I mean, I guess  :dunno:

I'm a jerk at work, but someone has to be the manager right?  :spank:

I am surprised nobody has tried to get trophies by simply commenting  :hmm:

I thought I made a lot of them as easy as the ones we got right away at the start.

• Like 1